Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Djokovic Back With Vajda EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 8:25 am by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Djokovic Back With Vajda EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Djokovic Back With Vajda EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Djokovic Back With Vajda EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Djokovic Back With Vajda EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Djokovic Back With Vajda EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Djokovic Back With Vajda EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Djokovic Back With Vajda EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Djokovic Back With Vajda EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Djokovic Back With Vajda

+4
summerblues
legendkillar
Tenez
noleisthebest
8 posters

Go down

Djokovic Back With Vajda Empty Djokovic Back With Vajda

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:06 am

whatever that means....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Djokovic Back With Vajda Empty Re: Djokovic Back With Vajda

Post by Tenez Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:13 am

Did not I say it 2 days ago?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:20 am

Tenez wrote:Did not I say it 2 days ago?
Not quite. You were pretty vague.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:23 am

Well what a wasted spiritual journey that was!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:25 am

legendkillar wrote:Well what a wasted spiritual journey that was!
Laugh

Though....any spiritual journey is a good journey...as one leads to the next, better one.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:46 am

Well if the destination was always where you started off, makes the whole thing a painful and un-necessary journey. I imagine some redemption happening Winking

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:47 am

The main guy for Nole is his Pagannini - Gigi.

So far, he is nowhere in sight.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:48 am

legendkillar wrote:Well if the destination was always where you started off, makes the whole thing a painful and un-necessary journey. I imagine some redemption happening Winking

That’s the point...you are never back to square one on a spiritual path. It’s all a learning experience.

What do you mean by redemption?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:10 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Not quite. You were pretty vague.

I was not vague. I said he would get back to his former team....

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Yes, but which one? With Dr Cetojevic, with Gigi?

Tenez wrote:The old team did not include Becker in my book.

Never mind...we’ll find out what’s going on soon.

I saw a clip of him practising, looks really weird striking his FH with very little feet and leg movement.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:04 pm

Anyway, I am missing Fed. 
Three months till grass season!!! Wah

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:28 am

Good prediction, indeed!

Also the right move by Nole.  His old team was the one that worked for him, there was no reason to rock the boat.  Better to realize now than never that it was a bad decision.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:47 am

summerblues wrote:
Good prediction, indeed!

Also the right move by Nole.  His old team was the one that worked for him, there was no reason to rock the boat.  Better to realize now than never that it was a bad decision.

It took lot of years to make the unbeatable, multi-slammer, 4-slam holder Djokovic. Once its gone, its going to take nothing less to bring him back if at all. And I don't think that's happening.

His mind and heart is not in tennis. He is extremely low on confidence. He looks like someone who doesn't want to be on court.

Unlike Fed, he doesn't love the sport. So coming back to success is not probable. Bringing back the old team shows he is lost in what he needs to do.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:46 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
It took lot of years to make the unbeatable, multi-slammer, 4-slam holder Djokovic. Once its gone, its going to take nothing less to bring him back if at all. And I don't think that's happening.
I think the opposite. You've either got it or don't.
And Nole's got it in abundance.

The fact life and tennis has moved on in his absence is another matter. It sure will not be easy to come back, to earn the confidence again.
His mind and heart is not in tennis. He is extremely low on confidence. He looks like someone who doesn't want to be on court.
If he didn't want to be on court he wouldn't swallow his pride and play, showing how vulnerable he is.

Unlike Fed, he doesn't love the sport. So coming back to success is not probable. Bringing back the old team shows he is lost in what he needs to do.
That's a scorching statement! Yikes
I think even Nadal loves the sport, let alone Nole.
What do you think motivates those champions to go through so much pain...

We can talk about the ways how they all love the sport, and Fed comes on top...but again, he's been given that unearthly talent and it's only right he shines with it the way he does.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:03 am

summerblues wrote:
Good prediction, indeed!

Wrong.

If that team had worked he would not have hired Becker.

Don't forget how many slam finals Nole lost before that.

Having Vajda back now is just trying to rekindle old flame...as we say in Serbia like reheating potatoes the next day.
But def better than to hang around with his loser brother and various gurus...little wife was probably in the state of panic to allow Vajda back.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:04 am

nitb wrote:That's a scorching statement! Djokovic Back With Vajda 563610107
What do you think motivate those champions to go through so much pain...

We can talk about the ways how they all love the sport, and Fed comes on top...but again, he's been given that unearthly talent and it's only right he shines with it the way he does.

I'll give my opinion on this.

Playing a sport at club level for some fun and playing at pro level is completely different. I'm sure you know this.

At pro level, playing is no fun activity especially if one has to imply lot of physicality to win. The kind of effort and training it takes, it not 'play' in the usual sense of the word. 

Its punishing on the body and no one likes it, but can accept it if it bring success.

When it doesn't, it doesn't remain worth. Fed has gone slamless for 5 years. Some years barely won ATP500.  Losing a lot of matches to new playets. Battling old back issues which, faced a career threatening injuries/

Reaching 35+ and still feel motivated to play and try to win. Not just have it a last hurrah. Come back again to defend it.

I don't see this is going to be for Djokovic/Nadal/Murray. If they stop winning, they won't continue playing for long. Their tennis is punishing for them and without the success, its not going to keep them playing.

I may be wrong, but this is my take on them.. for now.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:13 am

If Djoko doesn't get to winning big by 2019 RG, he is likely to retire. So will Murray, I think he is already preparing his retirement speech.

And Nadal too. If he doesn't win  the next 2 RGs and not much on/off clay.. he will retire.

None of the 3 ca go winless for 5+ years.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:43 pm

By RG 2019? Thats optimistic even for Prince of Monaco to say it. End of this year he will give up tennis, unless some magic happens. 

Still a full circle within a year for Djoko, and back to old people, probably a good change.

He posted a pic of a smashed racket today, all POWERFUL feeling https://twitter.com/DjokerNole/status/983450938525585408

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:48 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:If Djoko doesn't get to winning big by 2019 RG, he is likely to retire. So will Murray, I think he is already preparing his retirement speech.

And Nadal too. If he doesn't win  the next 2 RGs and not much on/off clay.. he will retire.

None of the 3 ca go winless for 5+ years.

I hope Fed can win Wimbledon this year and get the wind out of Nadal's sails once and for all.

If Nole is to regain form it will have to be within the next 2-3 months.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:51 pm

Playing a sport at club level for some fun and playing at pro level is completely different. I'm sure you know this.

At pro level, playing is no fun activity especially if one has to imply lot of physicality to win. The kind of effort and training it takes, it not 'play' in the usual sense of the word. 

Its punishing on the body and no one likes it, but can accept it if it bring success.
Believe me rotla, they all love it. The pain and all.
Unlike us club players, they can really play...and compete both for cash and glory.
When it doesn't, it doesn't remain worth. Fed has gone slamless for 5 years. Some years barely won ATP500.  Losing a lot of matches to new playets. Battling old back issues which, faced a career threatening injuries/

Reaching 35+ and still feel motivated to play and try to win. Not just have it a last hurrah. Come back again to defend it.
Fed's return is a beautiful miracle. And may it last till Tokyo Olympics!

I don't see this is going to be for Djokovic/Nadal/Murray. If they stop winning, they won't continue playing for long. Their tennis is punishing for them and without the success, its not going to keep them playing.

I reckon another 2-3 years for those three, max.
They are weaponless so it will be very tough to "control' the oncoming youngsters.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:44 pm

They are paid millions to hit a ball about.  Their living is a hobby. Pretty sure 99.999% of people would take that over their normal jobs and love doing it.  I know I would.

However, I agree that Nadal Djok and Murray will be gone as soon as the winning dries up and for 2 of them it already has.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:23 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:It took lot of years to make the unbeatable, multi-slammer, 4-slam holder Djokovic. Once its gone, its going to take nothing less to bring him back if at all. And I don't think that's happening.

I mostly agree with this except your last sentence.  I do not think Nole will get back to the top, and I agree his heart is not in it.  But I think bringing back the old team is better than most other options.  Why try yet another new coach when the old coaching team worked?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:27 am

noleisthebest wrote:
summerblues wrote:Also the right move by Nole.  His old team was the one that worked for him, there was no reason to rock the boat.  Better to realize now than never that it was a bad decision.

Wrong.

I don't disagree.  The best thing would be getting the whole team back, including Becker and all.  I do not know (doubt) if that is possible though.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:00 am

summerblues wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:It took lot of years to make the unbeatable, multi-slammer, 4-slam holder Djokovic. Once its gone, its going to take nothing less to bring him back if at all. And I don't think that's happening.

I mostly agree with this except your last sentence.  I do not think Nole will get back to the top, and I agree his heart is not in it.  But I think bringing back the old team is better than most other options.  Why try yet another new coach when the old coaching team worked?

How much passion and commitment can the long time old fired coach give when recalled during crisis? The tension between Tony and Nadal didn't resolve back to the same old days. Why should it be different between Djoko-Vajda. afterall Djoko fired him off and the whole team.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:05 am

Daniel wrote:

They are paid millions to hit a ball about.  Their living is a hobby. Pretty sure 99.999% of people would take that over their normal jobs and love doing it.  I know I would.

However, I agree that Nadal Djok and Murray will be gone as soon as the winning dries up and for 2 of them it already has.

Mostly true, but not everyone is after millions.

Nadal likes playing football/golf. Tennis is his job, and a tough one. The 'hobby' is gone ages ago. At prolevel if he is not winning, how long can he keep that job without it.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:40 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
summerblues wrote:
Good prediction, indeed!

Wrong.

Don't forget how many slam finals Nole lost before that.
Vajda had to work with glutes-stuffed-Nole stuffed and still he made great progress. Besides, Vajda still was past of the team during the Becker years. 
Nole's back to the basics strategy makes sense to me. 

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down