Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
How do you get tickets for the French Open? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
How do you get tickets for the French Open? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
How do you get tickets for the French Open? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
How do you get tickets for the French Open? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
How do you get tickets for the French Open? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
How do you get tickets for the French Open? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
How do you get tickets for the French Open? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
How do you get tickets for the French Open? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
How do you get tickets for the French Open? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

How do you get tickets for the French Open?

2 posters

Go down

How do you get tickets for the French Open? Empty How do you get tickets for the French Open?

Post by !LuvSports! Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:50 am

Hi, all.
Hope you're well!
After going with a group of mates to Wimbledon, we are keen to try Roland Garros!
Has anyone been before? How do you go about it? How does it compare to Wimbledon experience and cost wise? 
Any help would be grand, ta!

!LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

How do you get tickets for the French Open? Empty Re: How do you get tickets for the French Open?

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:57 pm

If you want to go to RG, you can have a grand time for under £200 and that would include:
RG ticket
Eurostar ticket
Hotel
and an odd croissant Big Grin
=======================
for RG ticket, thankfully, you don't need to queue, camp or sell a house...just register with RG website and they will be sending you emails with dates when tickets go on sale online.
They have a three tier system and you will want to go for the public sale whe they are obviously the cheapest (the other two include some corporate packages etc).
So on the day, you will log in RG website, where you will be given a place in a queue; in my experience if you log in at 9 am which is when the online sale usually opened, you'd wait about an hour or two, maybe longer until you get to buy the ticket.
By that stage all the final and semi-final tickets are gone, and I would usually buy a ticket for the QF on show-courts which is about 60 euros.
Once you know the date of your ticket you then book your Eurostar while it's cheap (i.e. well in advance) and that used to be around £60-70.

Btw, the ballot or online sale of tickets usually takes place in February, so if you register with RG website now, you'll start getting notifications for ticket sale maybe in December/January time.

Regardless, you can always check on RG website as they have those dates published there anyway.

I've been to RG 5-6 times and it's always been a great experience. 
There are no bad hotels there so whether it's a 3 star or 5 star, it's not much of a difference. 

I'd get a hotel close to Gare d Nord  (train station where Eurostar comes into Paris) rather than close to Roland Garros (the mistake I made the first time).

RG is nowhere near as nice as Wimbledon, it's small, squashed, not that pretty, but it's still OK to see a few matches on clay.

Even though I was at two finals there, I never had a feeling those were finals as RG just lacks that element of awe that Wimbledon has.

And that's about it.

Last edited by noleisthebest on Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

How do you get tickets for the French Open? Empty Re: How do you get tickets for the French Open?

Post by !LuvSports! Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:49 pm

Thanks a lot for that!

!LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by !LuvSports! Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:39 am

noleisthebest wrote:If you want to go to RG, you can have a grand time for under £200 and that would include:
RG ticket
Eurostar ticket
Hotel
and an odd croissant Big Grin
=======================
for RG ticket, thankfully, you don't need to queue, camp or sell a house...just register with RG website and they will be sending you emails with dates when tickets go on sale online.
They have a three tier system and you will want to go for the public sale whe they are obviously the cheapest (the other two include some corporate packages etc).
So on the day, you will log in RG website, where you will be given a place in a queue; in my experience if you log in at 9 am which is when the online sale usually opened, you'd wait about an hour or two, maybe longer until you get to buy the ticket.
By that stage all the final and semi-final tickets are gone, and I would usually buy a ticket for the QF on show-courts which is about 60 euros.
Once you know the date of your ticket you then book your Eurostar while it's cheap (i.e. well in advance) and that used to be around £60-70.

Btw, the ballot or online sale of tickets usually takes place in February, so if you register with RG website now, you'll start getting notifications for ticket sale maybe in December/January time.

Regardless, you can always check on RG website as they have those dates published there anyway.

I've been to RG 5-6 times and it's always been a great experience. 
There are no bad hotels there so whether it's a 3 star or 5 star, it's not much of a difference. 

I'd get a hotel close to Gare d Nord  (train station where Eurostar comes into Paris) rather than close to Roland Garros (the mistake I made the first time).

Obviously, if a bunch of you are going you can airB&B it, but I liked to enjoy my tennis in style  Bubbly

RG is nowhere near as nice as Wimbledon, it's small, squashed, not that pretty, but it's still OK to see a few matches on clay.

Even though I was at two finals there, I never had a feeling those were finals as RG just lacks that element of awe that Wimbledon has.

Souvenirs are twice as expensive as in Wimbledon, too, so be prepared for a shock if you, for some reason, want to buy an official towel etc.

Also, because there is not anywhere to sit down like in Wimbledon (Henman Hill for example), people keep to themselves and you don't get to meet anyone much.

And that's about it.

Have you ever done it in a day from London to Paris and back?
Also, are tickets for the main courts cheaper in the first week and can you get onto the outside courts for free or are some ticketed? Ta.

!LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:34 pm

!LuvSports! wrote:

Have you ever done it in a day from London to Paris and back?
Also, are tickets for the main courts cheaper in the first week and can you get onto the outside courts for free or are some ticketed? Ta.
Yes, I did it the first time, which resulted in me having to leave Nole's match vs Goffin after the second set  around 5 pm
in order to catch the train Angry

Tickets are generally not expensive and you can walk side courts for free, of course. Of course, they are more expensive in week 2.

Last edited by noleisthebest on Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by !LuvSports! Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:31 pm

Great stuff, ta for this!

!LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down