Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection

2 posters

Go down

John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection Empty John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection

Post by bogbrush Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:02 pm

Anyone see this? 

A film about the study by Gil De Kermadec of McEnroe at Roland Garros in 1984 borne from his studies on tennis players.

I didn’t think anything could tell me more about John McEnroe but this was fascinating. Made me quite sorry he lost in 1984, though I’d come around on that to some extent a few years ago.

Very French!

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection Empty Re: John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection

Post by legendkillar Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:10 pm

On my list to watch. Was surprised by the viewer rating which was 3 out of 5. 

Sky Documentaries has been a small blessing. The Nottingham Forest documentary is fascinating.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection Empty Re: John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection

Post by bogbrush Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:51 pm

Sort of understand the rating, it's quirky and not for everyone by any means.

Do you mean "I believe in Miracles"? It's exceptional isn't it? Touching really to see the impact the management team had on a group of journeymen that transformed them into double winners of the European Cup. I still think it's probably the most exceptional performance in the history of football. To hear John Robertson, the overweight cigarette-smoking winger who was turned briefly into one of the top players in Europe speak of what he felt he owed them was, as I say, touching.

I'm not sure how many people understand what Clough & Taylor did in taking two different mediocre clubs (Derby County and Forest) from the 2nd Division to winning the 1st (Premier League, for those under 30) and Derby getting to the semis of the European Cup and Forest winning it twice. TWO ordinary clubs, both transformed fleetingly to the top of the sport.

Very sad that Clough and Taylor fell out so catastrophically and didn't reconcile before Peter Taylors death.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down