Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
open - French Open postponed to September  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
open - French Open postponed to September  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
open - French Open postponed to September  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
open - French Open postponed to September  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
open - French Open postponed to September  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
open - French Open postponed to September  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
open - French Open postponed to September  EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
open - French Open postponed to September  EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
open - French Open postponed to September  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

French Open postponed to September

+3
barrystar
bogbrush
N2D2L
7 posters

Go down

open - French Open postponed to September  Empty French Open postponed to September

Post by N2D2L Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:43 pm

Will take place one week after USO!!

Magic

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

open - French Open postponed to September  Empty Re: French Open postponed to September

Post by bogbrush Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:34 am

Knobheads.

Haven't even consulted with the rest of the tour. Take for instance the Asian swing - how about the vast monies they are just trying to stop over?

I feel a backlash coming. Lawsuits feel appropriate.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

open - French Open postponed to September  Empty Re: French Open postponed to September

Post by barrystar Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:48 am

I don't think that there'll be a Wimbledon this year at all.  

The trouble with the lockdowns across Europe now is that there's no exit strategy.  If it is brought down to a 'manageable' level, or even better, nobody knows when we can start to undo the lockdowns, whether it will just build up again.  We'll learn a lot from China over the next couple of months.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:12 pm

I reckon it's gone down in China because it's getting hotter. I've read that this thing seems to react very badly to temperatures outside 6 - 12 degrees. Also who knows with China?

Exactly, you lockdown.... and then what? Wait for an entire virus to vanish from the Earth? Bloody stupid.

I'm afraid we need to get it and handle the short term. And I speak as a man with two nonagenarian parents so I'm not disinterested.

What I do know is that the World need to tell China to get it's food hygiene standards into the 20th century or become a pariah. This is all their fault, 100%, and it's due to their primitive food handling practices. Like all the last 20 years of viral developments.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:26 am

China quite drastically quarantined its population.  It is harder to do that here in the US (and also in the UK and Europe).  I suspect we will just have to put up with the virus doing its thing, many - or most - of us getting infected, and hoping it will all end reasonably well.

French Open should be canceled.  ATP should boycott it.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:43 pm

Yeah, we have a thing we like to call freedom.

I see China is now trying to play the card that it was planted by the US. This is because their population is going to get quite upset as their economy tanks. I reckon if not this time, China is going to blow very badly one day. I mean Presidents hanging from lampposts bad.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:52 pm

bogbrush wrote:Yeah, we have a thing we like to call freedom.

I see China is now trying to play the card that it was planted by the US. This is because their population is going to get quite upset as their economy tanks. I reckon if not this time, China is going to blow very badly one day. I mean Presidents hanging from lampposts bad.
Not so sure about that. I could easily see the US to blow before China. They have successfully handled the crisis and can now get back to business unlike the rest of the world.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:05 pm

The Chinese are screwed if the rest of the World decides they would demand their food hygiene standards get out of the Middle Ages.

Don't forget that the Chinese depend on us buying their stuff so if our economies falter theirs collapses too.

Also, I doubt the Chinese have any immunity built up so when this thing makes it's way back then they'll have to shoot isolate their population again.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:42 pm

Now is a good time for athletes to dope safely. I expect the field to come back stronger than ever this summer.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:55 pm

Looks like Wimbledon is off.

I wonder if this might persuade Federer to call it a day, or make it more likely he gives 2021 a go.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:20 pm

I don't know whether this will make him retire early, but it's looking almost certain that Fed has won his last slam.  I wonder how long he manages to go each day without remembering that he had two serves on Championship Point for Wimbledon 2019.

The oldies among us may recall Doug Sanders, who missed a one foot tiddler for the Open and lost to Nicklaus in a playoff.  When asked years later how often he thinks about it he quipped that on a good day he sometimes goes five minutes.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:36 pm

How is ranking going to work since they stopped playing? Imagine if play is suspended for a full year, it would be unfair to credit the number 1 of 52 extra weeks. 

I guess ranking is upheld for now. Should be fair.

However I fear the economic collapse following the virus crisis will make this matter trivial.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:15 am

Agree.

At some point those talking about this in terms of war are going to realise that you take a lot of casualties in a war but the objective of war is to win, not take no casulaties. Winning here is about resuming normal life and that takes immunity, and that requires infection.

I totally agree that the initial battle has to be to get the thing under some kind of management but I don't see the strategy - anywhere - to win. Forget a vaccine, these take forever. There still isn't one for HIV (not that I'm risk group, just in case Jahu is looking in...).

We seem to be fighting this on the basis of headlines. The media are going to destroy us - people wonder why China and Russia are not in such disarray - ever met a challenging Chinese journalist who fires questions at Xi about why he hasn't yet saved everyone and what he's going to do about Anna's grandmother in Beijing who has a bad cough?

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:16 am

Tenez wrote:How is ranking going to work since they stopped playing? Imagine if play is suspended for a full year, it would be unfair to credit the number 1 of 52 extra weeks. 

I guess ranking is upheld for now. Should be fair.

However I fear the economic collapse following the virus crisis will make this matter trivial.
The big difference is Fed has 20 and is alarmingly balanced and normal.

I think 2020 will be scrubbed very soon, including the arrogant RG. Then I think Fed might well declare and call it a day.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:46 pm

Hope you are all well. Looks like the virus is now spreading in the UK as swiftly as in France.

I still don;t see it as a huge threat and I agree the media are making it far much worse that it really is. 

I am impressed by those governments who do not enforce confinement such as The Netherlands and Sweden. One needs guts to rely on common sense nowadays and not media hysteria. 

We have a very famous (since cov19) professor here in South of France from the same uni  I studied Neuro-physiology who always said confinement does't really work but mass testing and medecines are the only solutions: Pr Raoult. And it is amazing the hell he is going through for saying just that even though his unit has very good results using Chloroquine associated with an antibiotic.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:05 am

I tend to agree.i think unless things improve soon the West will be forced to open the doors. We risk societal collapse otherwise.

Personally, I’d have another 8 or 10mega treatment centres set up, tell the over 50’s to stay isolated, and open the doors in all aspects of life to the rest.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:45 pm

Just saw that Boris was moved in intensive care. I really hope he goes through.

Maybe it is not a flue....after all.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:58 am

Yeah, he's not a person with any physical weaknesses as far as I know. He has worked hard through it though, maybe that's set him back. Hope he's ok, he's the best PM we've had for a good while.

Lesson for me there; I have the same attitude and should watch out really.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:34 pm

Tenez wrote:Hope you are all well. Looks like the virus is now spreading in the UK as swiftly as in France.

I still don;t see it as a huge threat and I agree the media are making it far much worse that it really is. 

I am impressed by those governments who do not enforce confinement such as The Netherlands and Sweden. One needs guts to rely on common sense nowadays and not media hysteria. 

We have a very famous (since cov19) professor here in South of France from the same uni  I studied Neuro-physiology who always said confinement does't really work but mass testing and medecines are the only solutions: Pr Raoult. And it is amazing the hell he is going through for saying just that even though his unit has very good results using Chloroquine associated with an antibiotic.

as always, you are blind

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:37 pm

naxroy wrote:
Tenez wrote:Hope you are all well. Looks like the virus is now spreading in the UK as swiftly as in France.

as always, you are blind
really? ,,,Says the women who only sees the good sides of the champs!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun May 17, 2020 7:52 pm

All good from My end in India too. Wish everyone stay safe.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon May 18, 2020 10:56 pm

Good to hear Rotla. All good here too and as Dr Raoult predicted...the virus is getting weaker and weaker as its contagiousity (is that english?) diminishes over time.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue May 19, 2020 2:57 pm

contagiousness

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue May 19, 2020 8:52 pm

Thanks. I did check thereafter and you right contagiosity does not exist. Shame cause it sounds better to me.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down