Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July

+16
N2D2L
barrystar
AceofDeath
luvsports!
garthmarenghi
break_in_the_fifth
naxroy
Daniel2
Emancipator
Tenez
paulcz
legendkillar
Jahu
bogbrush
noleisthebest
summerblues
20 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Who will win the final?

Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July - Page 12 Vote_lcap44%Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July - Page 12 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July - Page 12 Vote_lcap56%Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July - Page 12 Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 9

Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July - Page 12 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July

Post by paulcz Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:48 pm

Let's cool down a bit. Nitb is just excited from the great success of Novak and it’s no wonder after all what happened throughout  Wimbledon and before at RG. Right now she’s just emotional, but she is quite positive and nice personality. On the positive side, we can be grateful that we could see another great match and who knows how many of their matches we will see in the future.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July - Page 12 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:51 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:The only one sore is you nitb. Someone please get this scum out of here.

Ouch, I'm scum now that needs to be banned.

That's the thanks I get for building this forum...never mind.

It was a good ride while it lasted.

Now it's time to fly .

Ciao.

No. That's what you get for being a scum-wum. I personally appreciate have and still would appreciate the great work you and others have done building this forum.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:51 pm

Thanks Barry to bring us back to civilisation. 

I can inject my venom too but I never forget we are only talking about a sport we happen to all love here.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:53 pm

Tenez’s points were half-right, I agreed Fed was tired but exhausted is a bit of an exaggeration imo.
Also in the past Tenez has been a sore loser many times, I think everyone in the forum can acknowledge that.
Calling someone scum is much harsher than sore loser or WUM, uncalled for.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:55 pm

I think let's separate players from people. Players can do what they like and as you say the only thing that is inconsistent with Djokovic is his wish to act all hairy and Serbian, yet gets upset when fans around the World let him know they don't like him much. If it's a bad boy thing then I like Kyrgios who genuinely seems not to care less.

As for posters, well it's up to us all how we want to behave; Tenez was always very clear that this wasn't going to be like 606v2 and their eventual descent into thought policing and utter pointlessness; I am dead against banning and I wouldn't personally endorse calling anyone scum, but in a free forum I guess that also is someone's choice.

However, like all choices there are consequences and that's what we can't duck. If you want to behave like an immature fangirl and stuff things up peoples noses, and then double down on it, then that's how you'll be regarded and treated. If nitb doesn't care then fine. Just hope she doesn't get confused when the time comes to feel like being more like a rational poster and others let her know that they don't buy it. I'm sure nitb won't be trying to emulate Djokovic all the way by behaving like a wanker and then wanting to be loved.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:17 pm

DEC1M8 wrote:Tenez’s points were half-right, I agreed Fed was tired but exhausted is a bit of an exaggeration imo.
Also in the past Tenez has been a sore loser many times, I think everyone in the forum can acknowledge that.

Don't expect me to be happy to see Fed lose this way and Djoko win thanks to a good share of luck.

But sore no.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:24 pm

It's gotten all a bit out of hand. 

Emotions are always going to run high when it is a subject fiercely debated (For the most part and I included have traded in insults with others) and strong views are aired. I would always say once the dust settles, there tends to be some normality and even serenity that follows. 

I imagine we are about to enter a fallow period now a bulk of the Slams are out of the way and a few more weeks until normal service resumes on tour. I think NITB and others will largely benefit from a breather all things tennis and draw pistols once the games begin.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:12 pm

congrats to both finalists

special congrats to novak for winning and all my respect to Federer, I wanted him to win but it could not be... anyway being so close at his age is out of this world

huge from both

Nadal was not in such level in this tournament

Nice USOpen we have ahead

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wow. Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:58 pm

I was ecstatic on Friday but not so happy yesterday. I wrote off Fed as early as in 2012 and he has defied everything to be relevant even today. Reaching another slam final is to be very challenging for Fed, I really wanted him to win this last time and he almost won as well.

Wow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wow. Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:00 pm

DEC1M8 wrote:
Daniel2 wrote:
DEC1M8 wrote:
Daniel2 wrote:Nadal has a chance of equaling or beating Fed's slam haul (with the aid of so many FO) but I get most pleasure in knowing Novak won't.
Nadal seems to be ageing tho, his movement is bad now as you’d expect. However Djokovic seems as fast as ever??
Honestly I think Djokovic is a huge threat to Feds slam count, I don’t think Rafa is.

As fast as ever?  Did you just watch that match?  A 38 year old kept pace and played better than him.  He was as worn out as Fed at the end.  No way will he last another 3 years at the top.  Prob not even 2.  He's coming to the end - you'll see.
Yeah I watched it. Djokovics shots were shit, but his movement and retrieval seemed fine. I hope you’re right, but I doubt it. Nadal declining, next gen are shit, Djokovic as he said will look to play on till 37, who can stop him?
Djokovic himself will stop him. Apparently, he isnt that good when playing not so good players. Thiem and if Zverev finds the mojo then both will beat him.

Wow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:20 pm

No more Djoko talk, unless everyone likes to be banned  Big Grin

Sure we can praise the super final Fed played without mentioning that other fake lucky prick

Nitb is feeling free now, she played the Fed fan a while here while Djoko was off and to look friendly here and us being gentle to her cause she is supposedly a female (!),  now she got the UK papers from her fake "for papers" marriage, now divorced, free and all patriotic 3000km away from home with a Red Brit passport in her pocket, and starts shitting around like a smartass, classic immigrant recipe.

La la la, li li li do I give a fuck for personal shit,  I'm off to holidays tonight, see you for Toronto, wish you all good Holidays who ever not gone yet  Big Grin

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:30 pm

There are a few positives here for Federer and it seems Tenez mentioned a lot of them, so there is no reason to be too sad, especially that it is not the first time Federer blows away a double MP on serve... and I won my hedge bet on Djokovic, which alleviates Federer's loss  Winking.

More than anything, I think this match proved to the world that even today at almost 38, Federer is the best grass court player, winning Halle and getting to Wimbledon Final having won all the standard stats defining his match against Djokovic. Yes he lost, but thinking about it, had he converted one of the two MPs serving at 8-7, 40-15 in the fifth we would all be thinking he proved it, we cannot change our mind because of one point in the match...

Now, about mental strength or weakness, having balls (to reuse nitb word choice) etc. Djokovic finding himself facing these two MPs on Federer's serve in the fifth shows he lacked mental strength too, maybe more so than Federer. Saving points when you have your back against the wall is not really mental strength but more survival instinct. But yes, Federer showed loss of mental focus in TBs, especially the first as it was on his racket, and at that 2x MPs moment in the fifth...

Djokovic managed once again to win a close one, one some might say he should've lost... He also said it himself, that was his most mentally demanding win and we know how it usually goes with him when he does that, he gets into a slump afterwards, the most recent examples being the AO 2012 final, after which he has not managed a slam win for the rest of the year and he also had a subpar 2013 etc. and after achieving the Nole slam when he went 2 years without winning a slam. So I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens again and as he is older, this could be his last slam win...

Back to Federer, let's also recall that these were the worst court/ball conditions at Wimbledon for him especially vs. the others of the Big 3 and he still managed to show he could perform better than them, except for converting it into a won slam #21 (Wimbledon #9). So I would not put it past him that, if he manages to put the loss behind him quite fast, which he is usually good at, he could perform well in the coming slam(s) no matter where played, especially if I am right about Djokovic and the toll this final may have had on him.

Also, by the way, concerning nitb attitude, it could be just the relief from all the stress she might have felt watching her Serbian hero losing for most the match yesterday. She may pretend she knew all along and never lost belief or hope, but surely she was worried for the better part of 5 hours, so let's give her some slack, she is happy, even very happy, but I am sure she is mostly relieved, as she would not have heard the end of it had Federer converted one of the two MPs in the fifth...

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:38 pm

Djok also didn't win.  Because a tie break finish at Wimb is bollocks.

Also, stop making sniveling defences for a pure WUM.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:31 pm

Jahu wrote:N.....  I'm off to holidays tonight, see you for Toronto, wish you all good Holidays who ever not gone yet  Big Grin
Enjoy your Hols Jahu...where are you going?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:43 pm

sphairistike wrote:More than anything, I think this match proved to the world that even today at almost 38, Federer is the best grass court player, winning Halle and getting to Wimbledon Final having won all the standard stats defining his match against Djokovic. Yes he lost, but thinking about it, had he converted one of the two MPs serving at 8-7, 40-15 in the fifth we would all be thinking he proved it, we cannot change our mind because of one point in the match...
Exactly....an ace and that was it. ...so in his racquet.

Now, about mental strength or weakness, having balls (to reuse nitb word choice) etc. Djokovic finding himself facing these two MPs on Federer's serve in the fifth shows he lacked mental strength too, maybe more so than Federer. Saving points when you have your back against the wall is not really mental strength but more survival instinct. But yes, Federer showed loss of mental focus in TBs, especially the first as it was on his racket, and at that 2x MPs moment in the fifth...
If you really want to see a mental collapse just watch USO 11 with Djoko DFing on BPs or getting nervous on every important occasions.
It is however important to understand why Federer failed so many times with MPs. Probably worth starting an article about it. I don't see it as mental weakness...But more complete exhaustion. In most cases it happens at the end of long matches....and not at the end of the first 3 sets. Maybe being knackered makes him relax too early and also having had a few past bad experiences makes the situation even harder for him now.

Djokovic managed once again to win a close one, one some might say he should've lost... He also said it himself, that was his most mentally demanding win and we know how it usually goes with him when he does that, he gets into a slump afterwards, the most recent examples being the AO 2012 final, after which he has not managed a slam win for the rest of the year and he also had a subpar 2013 etc. and after achieving the Nole slam when he went 2 years without winning a slam. So I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens again and as he is older, this could be his last slam win...
It's good to point out that what happens to Roger....happens to Djoko on clay. How many times should he have won the French but failed because of pure nerves. And unlike Federer, Djoko has not got the exhaustion excuse there.

Back to Federer, let's also recall that these were the worst court/ball conditions at Wimbledon for him especially vs. the others of the Big 3 and he still managed to show he could perform better than them, except for converting it into a won slam #21 (Wimbledon #9). So I would not put it past him that, if he manages to put the loss behind him quite fast, which he is usually good at, he could perform well in the coming slam(s) no matter where played, especially if I am right about Djokovic and the toll this final may have had on him.
Frankly as much as I would have loved him to win, he seriously surpassed my expectations in that wimbledon...so I could not care as much. It's the 2 MPs lost that are really frustrating but beyond that I don;t care much whether he has 21 or 20 slams...

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:15 pm

For me the disappointment is just missing out on doing both Nadal & Djokovic in 3 days on a slow court (beyond massive!)..... and Wimbledon #9.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:33 am

sphairistike wrote:There are a few positives here for Federer
Indeed, there are an awful lot of positives here for Federer.  Even if he had come and was clearly the second best in the final and lost in four fairly competitive sets, the overall Wimbledon experience would have been very positive.  The negative feeling comes mostly from how close he was to make it even a one big step better.  But where he is at is pretty good overall.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:03 am

DEC1M8 wrote:Tenez’s points were half-right, I agreed Fed was tired but exhausted is a bit of an exaggeration imo.

Come to reality man, there r no winners or loser here. We are not involved one molecular bit in the tennis what we are talking about. Nadal/Djoko/Fed or any of the tennis players, their winning or losing has nothing to with any of us. They don't know or care about our existence. They are not playing on your behalf. 

So in your own mind you may like to think like a winner when they win, the fact is you have won nothing. And so is the case when losing.

So all we can do is give opinions. No one is a sore loser unless they lose to you. So stop this crap.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12