Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What now for Roger?
Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 7:36 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» Slam chase
Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 11:31 pm by Tenez

» Generation Worthless
Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 2:08 pm by mcekovic

» Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July
Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 7:03 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» Wimbledon seeding is disrespectful, says Rafael Nadal
Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 1:15 pm by barrystar

» Women final
Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:54 pm by bogbrush

» Wimbledon Day 11, Friday 12th July
Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 12:10 pm by paulcz

» Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July
Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 9:21 pm by Tenez

» Wimbledon Day 10, Thursday 11th July
Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 4:19 pm by Jahu

July 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by legendkillar on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:35 pm

To think another Fedal match at Wimbledon 11 years since their last and more famous encounter is something I never thought I'd entertain. 

The USO must be thinking this year they will get it!

legendkillar

Posts : 3110
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by DEC1M8 on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Jahu wrote:
DEC1M8 wrote:Fed really improved there. Fedal match 5050


Are you really like this in normal life or only on this Forum you say unreal stuff?  Laugh Laugh

70/30 max.
To who?

DEC1M8

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by barrystar on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:36 pm

15:5

The first number is Fed's slam semi final losses in his career, 15/45
The second is Nadal's, 5/31 - he's pretty difficult to beat in the SF.


Last edited by barrystar on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

barrystar

Posts : 842
Join date : 2017-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by Jahu on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:37 pm

Come on Sam, take a fucking set for Trump, now!!!

Jahu

Posts : 3725
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by Jahu on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:37 pm

DEC1M8 wrote:
Jahu wrote:
DEC1M8 wrote:Fed really improved there. Fedal match 5050


Are you really like this in normal life or only on this Forum you say unreal stuff?  Laugh Laugh

70/30 max.
To who?

For Nadal to win 70/30.

Jahu

Posts : 3725
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by legendkillar on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:42 pm

barrystar wrote:15:5

The first number is Fed's slam semi final losses in his career, 15/45
The second is Nadal's, 5/31 - he's pretty difficult to beat in the SF.

Needless to say the first set will be paramount. Only once has Federer beaten Nadal in BO5 having lost the first set! 

I imagine a Friday Forum Exodus should Nadal win the first set.

legendkillar

Posts : 3110
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by Jahu on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:49 pm

Hahhahaha git

Jahu

Posts : 3725
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by Tenez on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:49 pm

legendkillar wrote:
barrystar wrote:15:5

The first number is Fed's slam semi final losses in his career, 15/45
The second is Nadal's, 5/31 - he's pretty difficult to beat in the SF.

Needless to say the first set will be paramount. Only once has Federer beaten Nadal in BO5 having lost the first set! 

I imagine a Friday Forum Exodus should Nadal win the first set.
Not sure about that. Fed at 38 is rusty like hell after a match. A couple of years ago he used to lose many first set and then was recovering as the body warms up.

I am hoping he will get a special treatment (ie flying to hopsital for rehydratation a la Agassi) to be ok this Friday....but I am sure he is feeling it physically right now.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by Jahu on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:50 pm

Lets see which Fed turns up, today's Fed 1st set was shit, but Nishi was good 1st set.

Fed needs set 1 and 2 to be safe, I swear!!

Jahu

Posts : 3725
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by naxroy on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:00 pm

Seventh semifinal in Wimbledon for Nadal.

naxroy

Posts : 893
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by Jahu on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:01 pm

Rafa wins in 3 , exactly 30 min less play than Fed, not bad.

Jahu

Posts : 3725
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by naxroy on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:03 pm

And I think its fair for Federer to have another match with Nadal at Wimbledon.

naxroy

Posts : 893
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Critical&analytical thinking aside, Nole, Fed & Rafa all arrive to the semis in superb form.
Super excited, with two more sleeps, Friday afternoon can't come quick enough! Big Grin

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Jahu wrote:Come on Sam, take a fucking set for Trump, now!!!
Laugh Laugh Laugh

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by Jahu on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:08 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Jahu wrote:Come on Sam, take a fucking set for Trump, now!!!
Laugh Laugh Laugh

Onako, Djoko za Vucko  Laugh Laugh Laugh

Jahu

Posts : 3725
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by Jahu on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:09 pm

naxroy wrote:And I think its fair for Federer to have another match with Nadal at Wimbledon.  

Only beating Nadal at Wimbledon is fair, so he returns the favor for the loss at RG, since these 2 players will be remembered as best at W and RG.

Jahu

Posts : 3725
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:09 pm

Jahu wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Jahu wrote:Come on Sam, take a fucking set for Trump, now!!!
Laugh Laugh Laugh

Onako, Djoko za Vucko  Laugh Laugh Laugh
Koji bre Vucko, za Kosovo brrreeee!

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by Jahu on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:11 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Jahu wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Jahu wrote:Come on Sam, take a fucking set for Trump, now!!!
Laugh Laugh Laugh

Onako, Djoko za Vucko  Laugh Laugh Laugh
Koji bre Vucko, za Kosovo brrreeee!

Hahaha jes, Srđan nam je sa Kosmeta  Laugh Laugh Laugh

Jahu

Posts : 3725
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by Jahu on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:12 pm

I root for Svitolina & Stryc tomorrow.

Mens tennis is boring  Big Grin

Jahu

Posts : 3725
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:37 pm

Jahu wrote:I root for Svitolina & Stryc tomorrow.

Mens tennis is boring  Big Grin

I'm going for Stryc and Halep.
Loved Stryc's game yesterday, hope she can do stg meaningful tomorrow. Serena's good but not unbeatable.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by sphairistike on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:43 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Jahu wrote:I root for Svitolina & Stryc tomorrow.

Mens tennis is boring  Big Grin

I'm going for Stryc and Halep.
Loved Stryc's game yesterday, hope she can do stg meaningful tomorrow. Serena's good but not unbeatable.
or rather, Serena is at times unbeatable but she's NO GOOD  Laugh

sphairistike

Posts : 585
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by Jahu on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:55 pm

Serena sucks, she will be forgoten next day she quits tennis.

Hope she loses than makes another of her attacks mid match  Laugh

Jahu

Posts : 3725
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by legendkillar on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Tenez wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
barrystar wrote:15:5

The first number is Fed's slam semi final losses in his career, 15/45
The second is Nadal's, 5/31 - he's pretty difficult to beat in the SF.

Needless to say the first set will be paramount. Only once has Federer beaten Nadal in BO5 having lost the first set! 

I imagine a Friday Forum Exodus should Nadal win the first set.
Not sure about that. Fed at 38 is rusty like hell after a match. A couple of years ago he used to lose many first set and then was recovering as the body warms up.

I am hoping he will get a special treatment (ie flying to hopsital for rehydratation a la Agassi) to be ok this Friday....but I am sure he is feeling it physically right now.

He'll need Jahu-esq Viagra for extra zip in his game!

Seriously he'll need that first set. Querrey went for bust in that first set and still lost it and was steamrollered after that. I can't see Federer being immune to that level of pressure that Nadal will exert with the first set in the bag.

legendkillar

Posts : 3110
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by summerblues on Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:10 am

So it looks like the bad luck of the draw may come into play for Fed.  It would have been much easier if it was now him facing someone like Bautista Agut, and Nole playing Rafa in SF.  I doubt Fed can beat both Rafa and Nole.

As for the SF, Fed has a chance but I favor Rafa.  Fed is 2.5 years older than when he played Rafa at AO17.  He played really well there, and still barely won.  I doubt he can play as well now, and while I am not sure Rafa can either, Rafa can play at least very close to that level.

As always, I think Fed needs to play better than Rafa by some margin to overcome the match-up problem (even with his improved BH, the match-up disadvantage is only reduced, not completely eliminated).  And based on the scores thus far, I suspect that not only he is not playing better by sufficient margin, but in fact Rafa may be playing better than him.

Still, Fed does have a chance, so hopefully he finds a way somehow.

summerblues

Posts : 4708
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by summerblues on Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:13 am

We are through QF and I have not seen any tennis yet.  I will not see SF either and who knows if I will tune to the final if it is Rafa vs Bautista Agut.

If Nole's game is as good as the score vs Goffin suggests, I expect he would wipe the floor with Rafa.  I think he would find it harder vs Fed, but might win anyway - especially as Fed would possibly come to the final tired.

summerblues

Posts : 4708
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by summerblues on Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:55 am

Guido Pella likes improved Wimbledon courts.  Below is the first question/answer from his presser today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qspIRO5d-qg


Q:  I am wondering if you can talk about variation in speeds along the tour.  It seems like Wimbledon grass almost plays like Indian Wells in a way.  Am I seeing things correctly there?

A:  Well, compared to maybe other years yes that's much slower and I think the matches now are more playable than maybe in other years.  So, you can play from the baseline without any problem.  But I think that's a good thing because grass I think in previous years was just for servers so maybe guys like, I don't know, maybe in the past like Karlovic or maybe other guys that serves very good maybe they can find a way to win easier than now.  But today the court was like without grass so it was much easier for us to move, to play like a clay court but I think in Wimbledon if you can win just one match the courts are getting slower and slower every day so I think for us is much easier.

summerblues

Posts : 4708
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by Tenez on Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:39 am

summerblues wrote:Guido Pella likes improved Wimbledon courts.  Below is the first question/answer from his presser today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qspIRO5d-qg


Q:  I am wondering if you can talk about variation in speeds along the tour.  It seems like Wimbledon grass almost plays like Indian Wells in a way.  Am I seeing things correctly there?

A:  Well, compared to maybe other years yes that's much slower and I think the matches now are more playable than maybe in other years.  So, you can play from the baseline without any problem.  But I think that's a good thing because grass I think in previous years was just for servers so maybe guys like, I don't know, maybe in the past like Karlovic or maybe other guys that serves very good maybe they can find a way to win easier than now.  But today the court was like without grass so it was much easier for us to move, to play like a clay court but I think in Wimbledon if you can win just one match the courts are getting slower and slower every day so I think for us is much easier.
Good, I'll have at last my Fedal on clay under decent weather conditions. Even if I suspect the huge balls make it slower than clay that end of second week.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by naxroy on Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:35 am

Good way to look at it.

naxroy

Posts : 893
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by Wow. on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Tenez wrote:They also say that the bounce is 30cm higher than before the change of balls (2002).
I will be happy as long as Nadull doesn't win it. I will be happy with Djoko winning another slam as no way Nadull has been better than him. Djoko would have done him at FO as well if it wasnt for theim.

Wow.

Posts : 33
Join date : 2018-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by Tenez on Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:21 pm

Yes I agree with it. With the number of weeks at number 1, Djoko should certainly be ahead of Nadal in slams too. But at the same time Djoko has not won enough match he should have won v Nadal and others who nadal would probably have beaten.



Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum