Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

+6
Tenez
N2D2L
bogbrush
noleisthebest
naxroy
barrystar
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by legendkillar Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:41 pm

Evans fucking surrendering another break! 15-15 had an open target and fluffed it choosing the wrong play.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by legendkillar Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:43 pm

If only the lines were painted with cocaine and Evans would hit them every time!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:47 pm

legendkillar wrote:If only the lines were painted with cocaine and Evans would hit them every time!
Laugh

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:06 pm

What the fuck was Evans doing not covering that BH off!!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:07 pm

What a fucking limp end that was. Pathetic from Evans.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:08 pm

All in the mind. Evans wilted. It shows how strong mentally the top guys really are.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:07 am

Three players yet to drop a set:
Bautista-Agut (lost 25 games)
Nishikori (31)
Raonic (38)

Three in-form players. We should be looking for next Sunday's champion in this group.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:10 am

noleisthebest wrote:Both Tsonga and Lucas look relatively 1D compared to Rafa and Fed.

A new and improved nitb

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:11 am

Saw some of the Evans match at the end of the 4th set, looked tense.

Can't speak for Tsonga though my impressions was he was just shit, Lucas wasn't particularly 1D though and Federer was lucky to get it done in straights. I'm not impressed by Federer's backhand, shanking regulation shots and not making many returns. It's going to need to be much better if he is to win.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:12 am

break_in_the_fifth wrote:Saw some of the Evans match at the end of the 4th set, looked tense.

Can't speak for Tsonga though my impressions was he was just shit, Lucas wasn't particularly 1D though and Federer was lucky to get it done in straights. I'm not impressed by Federer's backhand, shanking regulation shots and not making many returns. It's going to need to be much better if he is to win.

I agree. he will need to improve his BH.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:34 pm

legendkillar wrote:There's just something about having cocktails, watching grass court tennis on a Saturday night. Life's small pleasures.
Amen, brother! Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:37 pm

legendkillar wrote:All in the mind. Evans wilted. It shows how strong mentally the top guys really are.
Really gutted he lost. He played his heart out AND his socks off. The cotton ones.

I was watching till 4:4 in the fifth.

I really don't think he wilted, his legs left him, mind you so did Sousa's but Sousa had that FH weapon and Evans gave him many a short CC ball to put away easily as his legs just needed an extra step even at the end of third set.

Wondering if we could blame the roof on C1 this time? Whistle
I mean, had it not been for the roof, the match could've been continued on Monday with Evans making week two and facing Rafa.

Anyway...I like good/bad old Danny boy... Rose

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:41 pm

break_in_the_fifth wrote:Saw some of the Evans match at the end of the 4th set, looked tense.

Not only was he shit, he was extra shit. Went for the lines on his second or third shot, completely unnecessary, I have never seen him play so badly.

Lucas on the other hand played well, he has improved his all court game under Amelie, I'd like him to keep her for a few more years, may mature into a decent player...though he needs to relax a bit, too confident with his groundstrokes.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:43 pm

summerblues wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Both Tsonga and Lucas look relatively 1D compared to Rafa and Fed.

A new and improved nitb

Big Grin

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:51 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:All in the mind. Evans wilted. It shows how strong mentally the top guys really are.
Really gutted he lost. He played his heart out AND his socks off. The cotton ones.

I was watching till 4:4 in the fifth.

I really don't think he wilted, his legs left him, mind you so did Sousa's but Sousa had that FH weapon and Evans gave him many a short CC ball to put away easily as his legs just needed an extra step even at the end of third set.

Wondering if we could blame the roof on C1 this time? Whistle
I mean, had it not been for the roof, the match could've been continued on Monday with Evans making week two and facing Rafa.

Anyway...I like good/bad old Danny boy... Rose

He did wilt. Look at the last 2 points. Just felt the pressure at the crucial moments. 

For the most part he played quite a controlled match. He had some huge lapses. That second set would've stung massively. 

Evans style of game so suited to the old conditions. Had he got through, Nadal would've chewed him up. 

He just needs to really knuckle down, string some tournaments together. He has the game. That's the frustrating part.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:55 pm

Tennys, at 27, is the third youngest player remaining in the draw.

He, Querrey and Sousa are between Rafa and SF. In the end, Rafa's draw worked out much friendlier than it could have.

Fed's section is the only one that has more or less kept the expected players, so all of a sudden Fed's draw - while not bad - is looking harder than Rafa's or Nole's.

I do not really mind seeds losing early but I would have preferred if different seeds lost. Also, would have preferred a younger composition of unseeded players to remain .

I have not seen any tennis yet so can only infer the form from the scores. I worry that Nole is continuing to struggle - he has not been at his sharpest since the AO - and that nobody else can stop Rafa.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:17 pm

Have you forgotten that Federer exists?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:40 pm

summerblues wrote:Tennys, at 27, is the third youngest player remaining in the draw.

He, Querrey and Sousa are between Rafa and SF.  In the end, Rafa's draw worked out much friendlier than it could have.

Fed's section is the only one that has more or less kept the expected players, so all of a sudden Fed's draw - while not bad - is looking harder than Rafa's or Nole's.

I do not really mind seeds losing early but I would have preferred if different seeds lost.  Also, would have preferred a younger composition of unseeded players to remain .

I have not seen any tennis yet so can only infer the form from the scores.   I worry that Nole is continuing to struggle - he has not been at his sharpest since the AO - and that nobody else can stop Rafa.
Worry not my Othodox bro! Hug The Best will rise to The Occasion. Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:22 pm

I might be wrong, but I dont see Novak winning this tournament.
I thought he would win in Paris and I failed so...

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:40 am

noleisthebest wrote:Worry not my Othodox bro!
erm  ?

noleisthebest wrote:The Best will rise to The Occasion.
But what if Nole is only The Third Best?  What will he rise to then?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2