Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» General Election 2019: Advice
Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:15 pm by Tenez

» UK Elections 2019
Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 11:49 pm by Jahu

» Russia banned from all competitions for 4 years!
Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 11:36 pm by Jahu

» Some humour for this forum
Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 6:51 pm by naxroy

» Generation Worthless
Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 10:43 pm by BEL19VE

» World Tour Final - London 2019
Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 12:23 am by naxroy

» Will Nadal ever win a Tour Finals title?
Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 2:34 am by summerblues

» When cupcake draws can't save you
Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 10:16 pm by Daniel2

» Fall 2019 tournaments
Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 2:16 pm by legendkillar

December 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by legendkillar on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:41 pm

Evans fucking surrendering another break! 15-15 had an open target and fluffed it choosing the wrong play.

legendkillar

Posts : 3192
Join date : 2012-10-02

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by legendkillar on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:43 pm

If only the lines were painted with cocaine and Evans would hit them every time!

legendkillar

Posts : 3192
Join date : 2012-10-02

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by BEL19VE on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:47 pm

legendkillar wrote:If only the lines were painted with cocaine and Evans would hit them every time!
Laugh

BEL19VE

Posts : 5418
Join date : 2013-05-03

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by legendkillar on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:06 pm

What the fuck was Evans doing not covering that BH off!!

legendkillar

Posts : 3192
Join date : 2012-10-02

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by legendkillar on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:07 pm

What a fucking limp end that was. Pathetic from Evans.

legendkillar

Posts : 3192
Join date : 2012-10-02

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by legendkillar on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:08 pm

All in the mind. Evans wilted. It shows how strong mentally the top guys really are.

legendkillar

Posts : 3192
Join date : 2012-10-02

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by summerblues on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:07 am

Three players yet to drop a set:
Bautista-Agut (lost 25 games)
Nishikori (31)
Raonic (38)

Three in-form players. We should be looking for next Sunday's champion in this group.

summerblues

Posts : 4907
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by summerblues on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:10 am

noleisthebest wrote:Both Tsonga and Lucas look relatively 1D compared to Rafa and Fed.

A new and improved nitb

summerblues

Posts : 4907
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by break_in_the_fifth on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:11 am

Saw some of the Evans match at the end of the 4th set, looked tense.

Can't speak for Tsonga though my impressions was he was just shit, Lucas wasn't particularly 1D though and Federer was lucky to get it done in straights. I'm not impressed by Federer's backhand, shanking regulation shots and not making many returns. It's going to need to be much better if he is to win.

break_in_the_fifth

Posts : 54
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by Tenez on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:12 am

break_in_the_fifth wrote:Saw some of the Evans match at the end of the 4th set, looked tense.

Can't speak for Tsonga though my impressions was he was just shit, Lucas wasn't particularly 1D though and Federer was lucky to get it done in straights. I'm not impressed by Federer's backhand, shanking regulation shots and not making many returns. It's going to need to be much better if he is to win.

I agree. he will need to improve his BH.

Tenez

Posts : 20364
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:34 pm

legendkillar wrote:There's just something about having cocktails, watching grass court tennis on a Saturday night. Life's small pleasures.
Amen, brother! Bubbly

noleisthebest

Posts : 27761
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:37 pm

legendkillar wrote:All in the mind. Evans wilted. It shows how strong mentally the top guys really are.
Really gutted he lost. He played his heart out AND his socks off. The cotton ones.

I was watching till 4:4 in the fifth.

I really don't think he wilted, his legs left him, mind you so did Sousa's but Sousa had that FH weapon and Evans gave him many a short CC ball to put away easily as his legs just needed an extra step even at the end of third set.

Wondering if we could blame the roof on C1 this time? Whistle
I mean, had it not been for the roof, the match could've been continued on Monday with Evans making week two and facing Rafa.

Anyway...I like good/bad old Danny boy... Rose

noleisthebest

Posts : 27761
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:41 pm

break_in_the_fifth wrote:Saw some of the Evans match at the end of the 4th set, looked tense.

Can't speak for Tsonga though my impressions was he was just shit, Lucas wasn't particularly 1D though and Federer was lucky to get it done in straights. I'm not impressed by Federer's backhand, shanking regulation shots and not making many returns. It's going to need to be much better if he is to win.

Not only was he shit, he was extra shit. Went for the lines on his second or third shot, completely unnecessary, I have never seen him play so badly.

Lucas on the other hand played well, he has improved his all court game under Amelie, I'd like him to keep her for a few more years, may mature into a decent player...though he needs to relax a bit, too confident with his groundstrokes.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27761
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:43 pm

summerblues wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Both Tsonga and Lucas look relatively 1D compared to Rafa and Fed.

A new and improved nitb

Big Grin

noleisthebest

Posts : 27761
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by legendkillar on Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:51 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:All in the mind. Evans wilted. It shows how strong mentally the top guys really are.
Really gutted he lost. He played his heart out AND his socks off. The cotton ones.

I was watching till 4:4 in the fifth.

I really don't think he wilted, his legs left him, mind you so did Sousa's but Sousa had that FH weapon and Evans gave him many a short CC ball to put away easily as his legs just needed an extra step even at the end of third set.

Wondering if we could blame the roof on C1 this time? Whistle
I mean, had it not been for the roof, the match could've been continued on Monday with Evans making week two and facing Rafa.

Anyway...I like good/bad old Danny boy... Rose

He did wilt. Look at the last 2 points. Just felt the pressure at the crucial moments. 

For the most part he played quite a controlled match. He had some huge lapses. That second set would've stung massively. 

Evans style of game so suited to the old conditions. Had he got through, Nadal would've chewed him up. 

He just needs to really knuckle down, string some tournaments together. He has the game. That's the frustrating part.

legendkillar

Posts : 3192
Join date : 2012-10-02

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by summerblues on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:55 pm

Tennys, at 27, is the third youngest player remaining in the draw.

He, Querrey and Sousa are between Rafa and SF. In the end, Rafa's draw worked out much friendlier than it could have.

Fed's section is the only one that has more or less kept the expected players, so all of a sudden Fed's draw - while not bad - is looking harder than Rafa's or Nole's.

I do not really mind seeds losing early but I would have preferred if different seeds lost. Also, would have preferred a younger composition of unseeded players to remain .

I have not seen any tennis yet so can only infer the form from the scores. I worry that Nole is continuing to struggle - he has not been at his sharpest since the AO - and that nobody else can stop Rafa.

summerblues

Posts : 4907
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by BEL19VE on Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:17 pm

Have you forgotten that Federer exists?

BEL19VE

Posts : 5418
Join date : 2013-05-03

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:40 pm

summerblues wrote:Tennys, at 27, is the third youngest player remaining in the draw.

He, Querrey and Sousa are between Rafa and SF.  In the end, Rafa's draw worked out much friendlier than it could have.

Fed's section is the only one that has more or less kept the expected players, so all of a sudden Fed's draw - while not bad - is looking harder than Rafa's or Nole's.

I do not really mind seeds losing early but I would have preferred if different seeds lost.  Also, would have preferred a younger composition of unseeded players to remain .

I have not seen any tennis yet so can only infer the form from the scores.   I worry that Nole is continuing to struggle - he has not been at his sharpest since the AO - and that nobody else can stop Rafa.
Worry not my Othodox bro! Hug The Best will rise to The Occasion. Bubbly



noleisthebest

Posts : 27761
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by naxroy on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:22 pm

I might be wrong, but I dont see Novak winning this tournament.
I thought he would win in Paris and I failed so...

naxroy

Posts : 979
Join date : 2017-07-04

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by summerblues on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:40 am

noleisthebest wrote:Worry not my Othodox bro!
erm  ?

noleisthebest wrote:The Best will rise to The Occasion.
But what if Nole is only The Third Best?  What will he rise to then?

summerblues

Posts : 4907
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 6, Saturday 6th July

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum