Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Congrats Nole, hello all EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Congrats Nole, hello all EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Congrats Nole, hello all EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Congrats Nole, hello all EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Congrats Nole, hello all EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Congrats Nole, hello all EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Congrats Nole, hello all EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Congrats Nole, hello all EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Congrats Nole, hello all EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Congrats Nole, hello all

+3
Veejay
Larry Ellison
socal1976
7 posters

Go down

Congrats Nole, hello all Empty Congrats Nole, hello all

Post by socal1976 Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:58 pm

Well Novak is year end #1 for a second straight year joining and elite club of champions as only the 9th man in the open era to complete the feat. It is nice to see so many familiar faces on the site. I was thinking about you guys recently and decided to sign up, hello all familiar posters and those that I have not had the privelege of meeting as of yet. Congrats to Novak and his fans. The 14 semis in 15 tourneys and a complete evisceration of the players outside of the top 4 allowed him to secure the crown again this year.

Tenez, I actually have been nostalgic for you at times since our last rendezvous, hope the feeling is mutual.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Congrats Nole, hello all Empty Re: Congrats Nole, hello all

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Congrats to Djokovic, this is a great achievement Thumbs Up

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Amiritia always nice to speak to you, Novak is looking primed at the end of the year and fit, I am very happy about those two things in conjunction with his finishing year end #1.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:08 pm

Yes, he's been fantastically consistent this year I must say.

Who do you think is favourite for WTF? For me Murray is marginally favourite, as it's in London.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:17 pm

That is a fair bet there Amiritia although I am not a gambling man. I think it will be one or the other. Fed has the best track record but it looks like his exertions this year have caused him a bit of late season burnout.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:18 pm

Yes he looked a bit tired against Del Potro, I did observe that.

However he is taking Paris off, unlike Djoko, so physically that could do him a lot of good.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:31 pm

Did you miss me Socal? Laugh

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:53 pm

Veejay wrote:Did you miss me Socal? Laugh

No Winking, I think he missed me. Laugh

Glad to see the Djokovic fan-base on OTF acquire another member.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:54 am

socal1976 wrote:Well Novak is year end #1 for a second straight year joining and elite club of champions as only the 9th man in the open era to complete the feat. It is nice to see so many familiar faces on the site. I was thinking about you guys recently and decided to sign up, hello all familiar posters and those that I have not had the privelege of meeting as of yet. Congrats to Novak and his fans. The 14 semis in 15 tourneys and a complete evisceration of the players outside of the top 4 allowed him to secure the crown again this year.

Tenez, I actually have been nostalgic for you at times since our last rendezvous, hope the feeling is mutual.

Welcome here Socal. I was saying not so long ago that it was a shame v2 split us all. Most of us argued strongly but we had been doing just that many years on BBC606 and that never prevented us from keeping posting.

However as you know I keep saying the same things so you did not miss much either. Funnily I read the other day that Lyidan is now supporting my thesis about explosive players losing their tennis earlier than the baseliner type so I can concentrate on OTF knowing that my worst pupil has finally learnt a few lessons and is now doing my job over there. Congrats Nole, hello all 1071211947

Regarding Nole he did not have as great a year this year but that was done partly to some bad luck on 2 key GSs. In short he was very close to have won 3 but ended up with 1...and therefore deserve the number 1 spot for that....though if you ask me I also believe that Federer was unlucky too as I don;t think he was 100% in the last 3 slams...but managed to find a bit of form the last 2 matches of Wimbledon.

Hope you will visit regularly...I make an effort to contradict you as usual! Congrats Nole, hello all 2506191376

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:31 am

Tenez wrote:
socal1976 wrote:Well Novak is year end #1 for a second straight year joining and elite club of champions as only the 9th man in the open era to complete the feat. It is nice to see so many familiar faces on the site. I was thinking about you guys recently and decided to sign up, hello all familiar posters and those that I have not had the privelege of meeting as of yet. Congrats to Novak and his fans. The 14 semis in 15 tourneys and a complete evisceration of the players outside of the top 4 allowed him to secure the crown again this year.

Welcome here Socal. I was saying not so long ago that it was a shame v2 split us all. Most of us argued strongly but we had been doing just that many years on BBC606 and that never prevented us from keeping posting.

However as you know I keep saying the same things so you did not miss much either. Funnily I read the other day that Lyidan is now supporting my thesis about explosive players losing their tennis earlier than the baseliner type so I can concentrate on OTF knowing that my worst pupil has finally learnt a few lessons and is now doing my job over there. Congrats Nole, hello all 1071211947

Regarding Nole he did not have as great a year this year but that was done partly to some bad luck on 2 key GSs. In short he was very close to have won 3 but ended up with 1...and therefore deserve the number 1 spot for that....though if you ask me I also believe that Federer was unlucky too as I don;t think he was 100% in the last 3 slams...but managed to find a bit of form the last 2 matches of Wimbledon.

Hope you will visit regularly...I make an effort to contradict you as usual! Congrats Nole, hello all 2506191376

Tenez I agree the FO stoppage in my mind was not opportune and neither was the windstorm at the USO. But I feel that with 5 finals on the trot and 3 tournet wins in the last few week he may be again building momentum for another improvement. Do you know what is funny, I actually accused Lydian of making a tenez fitness argument, I used those exact words on him, and as much as I like lydian he was not happy with my comparison. I have to say Tenez that I do always appreciate your tenacity and earlier on 606v2 the conversation got me thinking about you.

I think now that he according to your characterization your worst student has learned some of his lessons, where does that place me in the classroom, well it would have to be riding the short bus and using the rounded edge scissors so as not to confuse my limited mental faculties. As you know i have always been a proponent of spirited, yet honest debates and of course feelings do get hurt from time to time but tennis is like love, if it doesn't hurt you, frustrate you, and give you intense pleasure all at the same time what is the point.

You might say I am the leading slow court proponent on 606v2. So it is always fun to duke it out with the fast court proponents.

PS and Veejay, I do miss u, of course I think both you and Tenez are completely wrong about tennis; but I am sure that we will have our disagreements but none of us are the tender hearted variety.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:53 am

[quotePS and Veejay, I do miss u, of course I think both you and Tenez are completely wrong about tennis; but I am sure that we will have our disagreements but none of us are the tender hearted variety.[/quote]

Hello socal,

Bringing your humble and innocent soul from V2 here to demonstrate how completely right you're? Congrats Nole, hello all 2033450363

I'm sure Veejay and Tenez will not disappoint. Let the show begin. Congrats Nole, hello all 83870220

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:11 am

SR wrote:[quotePS and Veejay, I do miss u, of course I think both you and Tenez are completely wrong about tennis; but I am sure that we will have our disagreements but none of us are the tender hearted variety.

Hello socal,

Bringing your humble and innocent soul from V2 here to demonstrate how completely right you're? Congrats Nole, hello all 2033450363

I'm sure Veejay and Tenez will not disappoint. Let the show begin. Congrats Nole, hello all 83870220[/quote]

SR thank you for the compliment the only thing I appreciate more than complimenting myself is receiving the praise of my peers. Humble I am not, innocent well that depends what we are talking about. Have we spoken before about tennis SR, or maybe you have read some of my posts on others sites? Either way it is nice to speak with you and thank you for saying hello.

Tenez and I have conversed now on 3 different sites so I don't think we have ever had a problem except for the fact that we agree on absolutely nothing about the game that we both love. But we have never denigrated to my recollection to name calling or abuse. Unless you consider his losing arguments to me continous abuse? Other than that I consider him a generally interesting and respectful guy, and I don't see my opinion changing simply because I am believer in the superiority of the modern baseline game.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:29 am

Hello Socal!

At last you follow the pull your heart has been tormenting you with all this time!

As you can see, we are all well, and the sun is still rising in the east Winking

Nadal still has dodgy knees, Fed still plays suffocatingly beautiful tennis, Nole is still the best!

The only shocking change is that nobody is asking if Murray can win a slam any more...something I am still getting used to!

We have enjoyed being able to express ouselves without the shadow of mods and the compulsory telling everyone how nice they are .

The air is fresh and crisp here and the sun is shining brightly!

Just sipping my first double espresso and enjoying another day God has given me to make the most of!
We are a few but a happy few here, welcome!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:27 pm

Thanks Nitb, I appreciate the hello and the warm welcome. I got to thinking about those who left and I decided to look you guys up and maybe bring my own different perspective to the table. Great accomplishment this season by Nole and this year he really seems to be kicking towards the finish and in better condition than he was this time last year. Nice to chat with you, and I am sure we will again celebrate some big Novak victories together.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:16 pm

socal1976 wrote:... I am sure we will again celebrate some big Novak victories together.

I am sure 2013 will bring a new set of cards. Federer is now definetely tiring. Nadal will have some trouble recovering from a 6 months break and the new generation will start to make holes. Yes Murray and Djoko will get another slam each maybe in 2013 but I doubt they will get much more. The planets are aligning for change! YOu may even have a new USO president!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

God forbid if the republicans ever get their filthy claws on this nation. I love the people who ran congress for 12 years, and had the presidency for 8 years prior to the greatest financial collapse which resulted from their policies now deriding the guy who is cleaning up their mess as being responsible. But that is off topic don't get me started on politics it is even worse idea than disagreeing with me about tennis.

I think that murray, djok, and Nadal are going to fight for 1-2 and dominate tennis for the next 2-3 years if they stay healthy. They are head and shoulders above their compatriots. I do see Raonic and Del Po getting better and getting slams in there somewhere. Fed as long as he wants to will remain strong and relevant and I think will wow us with some great stuff for a couple of years more as well 1-2 years. Nadal in my mind is also going to comeback Tenez and if he has any sembelance of health he will be in the mix, certainly on the clay.

There will be changes but the Murray,Nadal, Djoko generation is a special group of player, much better than the field and that is more a testament of their greatness than the a negative observation about the field.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Socal, interesting points.
Check your inbox btw Thumbs Up

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:12 am

socal1976 wrote:
I think that murray, djok, and Nadal are going to fight for 1-2 and dominate tennis for the next 2-3 years if they stay healthy.

You will be proven wrong here.

end of 2013 Maybe Djoko will be still number one there but probably not.

End of 2014 clearly Djoko and Murray won't be in the top 2. I bet whatever you want on this.

End of 2015? We will talk about a new era, the best ever...and names of Djoko and Murray will be refered as transitional.

After Federer, things are going to move quickly.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:34 am

Tenez that is why I love you, your self belief some very bold predictions my friend. But frankly I to would be willing to take that bet particularly on your end of 2014 prediction. Novak and Andy out of the top 2, both of them. If you are serious I would love to wager on that. I want an autographed picture of you wearing a Nadal tee shirt and pirate pants if I am right.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:36 am

I like the fact that you see the game getting better, on 606v2 they are really down on Raonic, Tomic, Harrison etc and the rest of the junior guys as well. I think they just need time to adjust to the more physically rigourous tour and that we will see new stars emerge.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down