Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Kyrgios - Kyrgios nails it again EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Kyrgios - Kyrgios nails it again EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Kyrgios - Kyrgios nails it again EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Kyrgios - Kyrgios nails it again EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Kyrgios - Kyrgios nails it again EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Kyrgios - Kyrgios nails it again EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Kyrgios - Kyrgios nails it again EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Kyrgios - Kyrgios nails it again EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Kyrgios - Kyrgios nails it again EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Kyrgios nails it again

+4
noleisthebest
barrystar
Tenez
bogbrush
8 posters

Go down

Kyrgios - Kyrgios nails it again Empty Kyrgios nails it again

Post by bogbrush Thu May 16, 2019 7:12 am

He’s controversial, sometimes a complete arse on court, pioneering the legitimate tactic of the underarm serve against hugely defensive returners and always guaranteed to upset someone but Nick Kyrgios has a happy knack for telling it as it is.

His latest insight is to say what most fans know about Novak Djokovic. 

“I just feel like he’s got a sick obsession with wanting to be liked,” he said. “He just wants to be [Roger] Federer. I feel he wants to be liked so much that I just can’t stand him. This whole celebration thing is so cringeworthy.”

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Kyrgios - Kyrgios nails it again Empty Re: Kyrgios nails it again

Post by Tenez Thu May 16, 2019 7:58 am

But is he right to say it? As much as I kind of agree (I wish more would have criticised Nadal too). And I'd rather see players beating Djoko on court and preventing him to win all those slams than bad mouthing.

Anyway looks like the Connors era is back.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu May 16, 2019 8:13 am

Yeah, the era of the love-in needs to end. It’s boring and leads to falseness.

We need some bad boys. Hell, the tennis isn’t going to provide much interest so there’d better be some reason to watch.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Thu May 16, 2019 9:48 am

Kyrgios is a curate's egg for me.  He does come up with insights, but I can't forget times when he has really sunk low, like when he had a go at Stan about Donna Vekic.  

But ultimately, he's a tennis player, not a personality, and what I find most annoying about him is that we know when he's on he's got the beating of anyone.

And he did not have to say what he did, but I bet there are people all over the locker room thinking, 'chops to him'.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu May 16, 2019 9:56 am

I've listened to the whole podcast yesterday (bottom of the article):

https://www.b92.net/sport/tenis/vesti.php?yyyy=2019&mm=05&dd=15&nav_id=1542507

Kyrgios said a lot of things....incl that Murray is a better player than Nole, that he thinks Nole will surpass Rog's record, that he won't consider him the greatest because he has a 2:1 H2H with him etc...and many other things incl what he thought about Stan, Rafa, Federer etc.

The conclusion is the guy lacks wisdom big time, and worst of all he things he knows it all...but that usually goes hand in hand.  Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Thu May 16, 2019 9:58 am

barrystar wrote:
And he did not have to say what he did, but I bet there are people all over the locker room thinking, 'chops to him'.
 Sure not, but he is not someone short of words. He also has the game to back up that big mouth. win or loss he behaves the same.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu May 16, 2019 10:02 am

noleisthebest wrote:I've listened to the whole podcast yesterday (bottom of the article):

Kyrgios said a lot of things....incl that Murray is a better player than Nole, that he thinks Nole will surpass Rog's record, that he won't consider him the greatest because he has a 2:1 H2H with him etc...and many other things incl what he thought about Stan, Rafa, Federer etc.

The conclusion is the guy lacks wisdom big time, and worst of all he things he knows it all...but that usually goes hand in hand.  Winking
But it's better than sticking up for a violent abuser. Talk about lacking wisdom!

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Thu May 16, 2019 10:11 am

bogbrush wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I've listened to the whole podcast yesterday (bottom of the article):

But it's better than sticking up for a violent abuser. Talk about lacking wisdom!

bb indulging in whataboutery?  There's an unusual sight.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu May 16, 2019 10:33 am

Not at all, it's just that the correctness of Kyrgios in this matter was being masked by questioning of whether his wisdom was up to scratch. I just wanted to put the wisdom of an assertive conversation in the context of that required to protect the career of a known violent thug.

I'm glad the bulk of the forum recognises the difference between telling a brutally frank truth and violent assault.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Emancipator Wed May 22, 2019 2:41 am

This is great. I’m liking Kyrgios more and more. He said about Screech, ‘I can’t stand him’. And that if he beats him again he’ll do Screech’s ‘cringeworthy’ celebration (the one where he raises his arms) in front of him. Hilarious.

And about Federer ‘everyone who plays a sport wants to play like Federer. His talent level is off the charts’. Damn right.

About Nadal ‘he’s salty’ after he loses. Lol. Would love to see Nick win a slam. Then he could just coast and ruffle feathers for the rest of his time on tour.

Emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Wed May 22, 2019 12:30 pm

kyrgios hasnt really done anything of importance, has he?

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Emancipator Wed May 22, 2019 8:49 pm

Not big tournaments but he has competed well against the big three and beaten them all. We know he can play and he says stuff without worrying too much about the consequences. As long as it isn’t vulgar (like the Wawrinka incident) and too OTT, i’m Quite enjoying his off the court dramas. Adds spice to the encounters.

Emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:32 pm

Whilst I don't have an issue with players calling it how they see it, people will eventually grow tired of Kyrgios. Walking off court and saying the FO sucks. Fognini said a couple of days ago he doesn't care what Kyrgios says and he won't be the last. 

John McEnroe showed you can be a prick, but still be professional. Kyrgios is a professional prick it seems and following the Tomic path.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:59 am

Mcenroe was brilliant in the kyrgios matter in his tv appearance for eurosport (commisioner of tennis)

I think its here 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxhPLI6uBOs

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down