Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 8:25 am by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court

4 posters

Go down

Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court Empty Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court

Post by luvsports! Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:14 am

Last edited by luvsports! on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court Empty Re: Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court

Post by Tenez Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:31 am

page not found...

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court Empty Re: Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court

Post by barrystar Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:38 am

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:50 am

amen Bazza

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:04 pm

There is only one way to handle it if you are a public figure and the mob descend.

Double down. Never back off. Don’t for a second apologise.

Because they don’t want apologies. An apology will only result in an increased attack. This is about ignorance, bullying and virtue signalling. It’s not about protection or decency. Mock their ignorance. Repeat your statement. Elaborate, add to it. Draw attention to it.

In Britain Rod Liddle shows how you do it. He’s intelligent and makes his points and doesn’t back away. He’s a decent guy who speaks truth, assertively and eloquently.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:52 pm

Interesting article LS. I did not know about Guerrilla tennis. Have we got a soundtrack version of that lapsus?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:19 pm

Tenez: Guerrilla tennis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkFytHPxa_4

Go to 55 seconds for the recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljxWqtnuiVo

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:55 pm

It;s a thin like I must say cause cause even if he meant guerrlias effect, it doesnt make much sense to me. If I were him I would have approached Venus and explained it to her and asked/begged her to talk on his behalf. Maybe he did and maybe she refused. I did not like her comment on that clip I must say....Maybe he never tried to sort it out with her. Dunno.

I agree however that if he did mean Guerrilla...then he should not /never apologise.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:55 am

Of course he meant guerrilla. Whoever heard of anyone insulting a black person by calling them a gorilla? If they were physically 400lbs and shambled around them maybe on a very bad day somebody might but there are a hundred other abusive insults that they could use that would make "more sense".

It's confected outrage, as usual, and eventually the penny is going to drop that the outrage has nothing to do with the action and everything to do with fear and virtue signalling, and apologising is about the worst possible thing you can do. 

If it were me and somebody said "well, wouldn't you like to apologise for the mistaken impression given?" I'd reply that no, I was not responsible for that, the responsibility for any hurt anyone might have taken lies with those whose minds immediately interpreted the word in that way, betraying a disturbing tendency to think is racist terms, and whose actions caused so much offence - it is they who should be apologising both to those who were offended, and to me for inconveniencing me with this vile slur.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down