Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Murray and his future.....
Yesterday at 11:44 pm by Tenez

» Men's Final - USO 2018
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:36 pm by legendkillar

» How good is Stefanos Tsitsipas?
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:15 pm by Jahu

» Ladies Final - USO 2018
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:48 am by bogbrush

» Why the big 3 Slam tally might never be matched
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:26 pm by Jahu

» Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam?
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:51 pm by Jahu

» Mens SF - USO2018
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:41 pm by Tenez

» Screech is back - and not a moment too soon
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:44 pm by Daniel

» Could Djokovic achieve the greatest comeback since 'Lazarus'?
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:42 pm by Daniel

September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Who ya supporting ?

Go down

What is your preferred outcome

13% 13% 
[ 1 ]
25% 25% 
[ 2 ]
38% 38% 
[ 3 ]
24% 24% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 8

Who ya supporting ?

Post by Emancipator on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:26 pm

Hello

Big Grin

I forgot my password but then luckily found a device in which it was stored - yes I missed you too GP Big Grin

Anyway, i’m Guessing this board falls into 3 camps:

1) Anyone but Nadal (ABN)
2) Anyone but Nadal and if possible anyone but Djokovic (ABN + ABD)
3) ABN + ABD + I want Del Po to win

I’m firmly in camp three. Would love DP to win but more importantly for Nadal (priority number 1) and Djokovic to lose.

Having said all that I have softened on Rafa and wouldn’t be too bothered if he did win. 

So let’s vote

ghost

Emancipator

Emancipator

Posts : 730
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by DEC1M7 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:30 pm

I feel like your OP has not taken me into account.
However your poll has, just about.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4839
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by Emancipator on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:04 pm

Let me guess you’re in camp 2 minus ABN Winking

Emancipator

Posts : 730
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by Emancipator on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:07 pm

Isner beating DP - oh dear, my poll could be partially obsolete in a couple of hours Sad

Emancipator

Posts : 730
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by bogbrush on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:41 pm

I’d prefer another option. How about Nish, or what the Hell lets go for Millman.

bogbrush

Posts : 2409
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by Emancipator on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:56 pm

Yeah I thought about that.

I also thought of just leaving it at the first 2 options.

Emancipator

Posts : 730
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by summerblues on Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:10 am

Voted option 2.

summerblues

Posts : 3926
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by barrystar on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:26 am

I am not exactly covered by any of the options.  Option 1 is a bit too indiscriminate because whilst I am ABN I want whoever holds the trophy to have 'paid his dues' and be a multi-slam winner with del Boy my slight sentimental favourite.  No vote therefore.

barrystar

Posts : 561
Join date : 2017-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:56 am

2) and Nishikori to win

Tenez

Posts : 19414
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by naxroy on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:31 am

lets go rafa

naxroy

Posts : 720
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by Jahu on Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:48 pm

2.

Jahu

Posts : 2929
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by Slippy on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:12 pm

Nishikori preferably. 

Anyone but Del Potro otherwise.

Slippy

Posts : 408
Join date : 2016-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by legendkillar on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:44 pm

Delpo or bust.

legendkillar

Posts : 2503
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by Daniel on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Anyone but the butt picking cheat.

Daniel

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:30 pm

Nishi > Delpo > Djo > Nadal

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3158
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:58 pm

Here: https://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/us-open/baffling-us-open-court-change-blunder-slammed/news-story/ff382598b793df45577b1f5abdde21db?nk=a60a802ed1379ae5f1666b573c863355-1536321219


Clearly USopen have deliberately slowed the court pace to snail-clay last year. This is where you can't trust the words of the TDs who have always claimed nothing special being done.

Modifying the playing surface to suit the home team is extremely common in Cricket. So common that this is not even a considered unfair. 

Talks of playing surface  being tailored to alter the outcome of the matches is no hearsay.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3158
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by Jahu on Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Cheaters.

Jahu

Posts : 2929
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by naxroy on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:52 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Here: https://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/us-open/baffling-us-open-court-change-blunder-slammed/news-story/ff382598b793df45577b1f5abdde21db?nk=a60a802ed1379ae5f1666b573c863355-1536321219


Clearly USopen have deliberately slowed the court pace to snail-clay last year. This is where you can't trust the words of the TDs who have always claimed nothing special being done.

Modifying the playing surface to suit the home team is extremely common in Cricket. So common that this is not even a considered unfair. 

Talks of playing surface  being tailored to alter the outcome of the matches is no hearsay.


to suit americans? doesnt make sense (querrey, isner, sock, johnson, tiafoe, harrison, Serena, keys, Venus...)

maybe they did it just for Sloane?

the thing is they did it... but cant see why, nobody seems to like slow conditions from what I read here


one thing is clear, this edition is being pretty exciting

naxroy

Posts : 720
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:56 pm

naxroy wrote:one thing is clear, this edition is being pretty exciting

haha.. typical of Nadal fans. They are okay with any crap as long as their man is on court.. Their narrow minds fails to see how this affects tennis in terms of a sport. 

And NO this is not exciting to see all surfaces becoming clay then what's the point of having a HC at all if its going to play like clay.

 The differences in surface pace allow different skills among players to come out and shine. 

Why do you think there are so mnay variations for the same act  i.e. running in athletics. 100m, 200m, 400m , 800m, 1500m , 5000m, 10000m, 42KM. Why have so many variants when its all about who can run fast. The variations allow different skills in running to have their chance to come out and shine. All those skills are valued. 


Why should tennis skills like great serving, volleying and high attacking tennis be killed completely?Let surfaces variations be a challenge to players to adapt rather than surafces being altered to get the desired outcomes. Let different skills of tennis have their fair share of chance to shine.

S&V over, SHBH almost over. Skill and craftiness being replaced by sweat and stamina. Sweat and stamina has its place in 3 TMS and RG. Why does it have to be in every fcking slam?


Faster surfaces produce the best possible tennis. Something Nadal fans just can't appreciate.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3158
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by Jahu on Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:13 pm

Applause Applause

Jahu

Posts : 2929
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by naxroy on Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:26 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
naxroy wrote:one thing is clear, this edition is being pretty exciting

haha.. typical of Nadal fans. They are okay with any crap as long as their man is on court.. Their narrow minds fails to see how this affects tennis in terms of a sport. 

And NO this is not exciting to see all surfaces becoming clay then what's the point of having a HC at all if its going to play like clay.

 The differences in surface pace allow different skills among players to come out and shine. 

Why do you think there are so mnay variations for the same act  i.e. running in athletics. 100m, 200m, 400m , 800m, 1500m , 5000m, 10000m, 42KM. Why have so many variants when its all about who can run fast. The variations allow different skills in running to have their chance to come out and shine. All those skills are valued. 


Why should tennis skills like great serving, volleying and high attacking tennis be killed completely?Let surfaces variations be a challenge to players to adapt rather than surafces being altered to get the desired outcomes. Let different skills of tennis have their fair share of chance to shine.

S&V over, SHBH almost over. Skill and craftiness being replaced by sweat and stamina. Sweat and stamina has its place in 3 TMS and RG. Why does it have to be in every fcking slam?


Faster surfaces produce the best possible tennis. Something Nadal fans just can't appreciate.


but I didnt say I was ok with the court being slowed down. I pretty much agree with you in preferring different surfaces to promote diferent types of tennis.

but also, in my opinion, this edition is being very exciting.

naxroy

Posts : 720
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by summerblues on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:03 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Nishi > Delpo > Djo > Nadal
+1 (even though I could live with Delpo beating Nishi tbh)

summerblues

Posts : 3926
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who ya supporting ?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum