Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Time to go?
Yesterday at 10:04 am by Slippy

» WTF - London 2018 (and maybe a little bit of 'nextgen')
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:07 pm by AceofDeath

» Paris Masters 2018
Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:00 am by Daniel

» Why has American and Australian Tennis Declined?
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:30 pm by bogbrush

» Basel and Vienna 2018
Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:24 pm by Jahu

» Wimbleodn adopts final set TBs
Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:43 pm by Emancipator

» ATP 1000 Shanghai Masters.
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:42 pm by Tenez

» Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court
Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:55 am by bogbrush

» How good is Stefanos Tsitsipas?
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:11 am by Tenez

November 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Aus Open Day 9:

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:42 pm

Tenez wrote:I still get a bit of pleasure watching Nadal lose, regardless the way he loses. I am over 50 and it is sad...do I care? no! Winking

As GP once said, Nadal’s losses were his number one tennis joy.

I must agree. There is something cathartic about those experiences.


noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by barrystar on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:46 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:I still get a bit of pleasure watching Nadal lose, regardless the way he loses. I am over 50 and it is sad...do I care? no! Winking

As GP once said, Nadal’s losses were his number one tennis joy.

I must agree. There is something cathartic about those experiences.


'Pleasure' is OTT.  I will confess to being 'relieved' when he losses slam matches because it reduces his chance of over-hauling Federer's slam tally.  Pleasure or catharis is reserved for those rare occasions (less so recently) when his conqueror is Federer.

barrystar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2017-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:47 pm

gallery play wrote:From the beeb:

"Stats you need: Cilic bidding to be first palindromic #AusOpen champ since Seles 22 years ago."

Laugh , nice
Wow...

That is some brain to think of that in the middle of a match Laugh

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:49 pm

barrystar wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:I still get a bit of pleasure watching Nadal lose, regardless the way he loses. I am over 50 and it is sad...do I care? no! Winking

As GP once said, Nadal’s losses were his number one tennis joy.

I must agree. There is something cathartic about those experiences.


'Pleasure' is OTT.  I will confess to being 'relieved' when he losses slam matches because it reduces his chance of over-hauling Federer's slam tally.  Pleasure or catharis is reserved for those rare occasions (less so recently) when his conqueror is Federer.

It’s a lot more than ‘relieved’ for me.

I am close to euphoric!

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:50 pm

So...miracles still happen.

It’s nice to know. Magic

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by naxroy on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:51 pm

Nadal will return, he is a true champion

Very nice to see new faces in semis too

naxroy

Posts : 720
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by Tenez on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:52 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:From the beeb:

"Stats you need: Cilic bidding to be first palindromic #AusOpen champ since Seles 22 years ago."

Laugh , nice
Wow...

That is some brain to think of that in the middle of a match Laugh
I learnt a new word today!

Tenez

Posts : 19550
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Fed must be rolling years off his legs right now...

And I can’t believe we are having Edmund-Cilic SF.

I bet Dimi is kicking himself now.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:From the beeb:

"Stats you need: Cilic bidding to be first palindromic #AusOpen champ since Seles 22 years ago."

Laugh , nice
Wow...

That is some brain to think of that in the middle of a match Laugh
I learnt a new word today!
Me, too. Winking
Went straight to google.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by gallery play on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Tenez wrote:
barrystar wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:Has Nadal earned enough points so that Fed cannot be number 1 shoudl Nadal lose now and the other will it all?
Yes, by 155.

If Federer is ever going to be #1 again, I would suggest that his chance will come for a stretch of 1 or 2 weeks after Dubai.  For that to happen (a) He'll have to win this tournament - miles from a foregone conclusion and (b) he'll have to do better than R2 in Dubai and/or Nadal fails to repeat his 300 points for being losing finalist in Acapulco.

Even Better, he shoudl play a couple of challengers, right after the AO. He can do it on one leg.

He can't count on Kraijcek's wildcard for Rotterdam. Kraj hates Fed to bits

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:55 pm

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
barrystar wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:Has Nadal earned enough points so that Fed cannot be number 1 shoudl Nadal lose now and the other will it all?
Yes, by 155.

If Federer is ever going to be #1 again, I would suggest that his chance will come for a stretch of 1 or 2 weeks after Dubai.  For that to happen (a) He'll have to win this tournament - miles from a foregone conclusion and (b) he'll have to do better than R2 in Dubai and/or Nadal fails to repeat his 300 points for being losing finalist in Acapulco.

Even Better, he shoudl play a couple of challengers, right after the AO. He can do it on one leg.

He can't count on Kraijcek's wildcard for Rotterdam. Kraj hates Fed to bits
GP, it’s time you pulled a few connections out there...it’s now or never! Big Grin

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by gallery play on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:58 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:I still get a bit of pleasure watching Nadal lose, regardless the way he loses. I am over 50 and it is sad...do I care? no! Winking

As GP once said, Nadal’s losses were his number one tennis joy.

I must agree. There is something cathartic about those experiences.

and the good part: you can say it flat out here on OTF Big Grin

BTW: Fed winning slams is obviously my number one joy. I must have said that a few years ago Whistle


Last edited by gallery play on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by Tenez on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:58 pm

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
barrystar wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:Has Nadal earned enough points so that Fed cannot be number 1 shoudl Nadal lose now and the other will it all?
Yes, by 155.

If Federer is ever going to be #1 again, I would suggest that his chance will come for a stretch of 1 or 2 weeks after Dubai.  For that to happen (a) He'll have to win this tournament - miles from a foregone conclusion and (b) he'll have to do better than R2 in Dubai and/or Nadal fails to repeat his 300 points for being losing finalist in Acapulco.

Even Better, he shoudl play a couple of challengers, right after the AO. He can do it on one leg.

He can't count on Kraijcek's wildcard for Rotterdam. Kraj hates Fed to bits
Don't worry. Kraji is a good businessman...though Fed might not even care.

Tenez

Posts : 19550
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by gallery play on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:00 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
barrystar wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:Has Nadal earned enough points so that Fed cannot be number 1 shoudl Nadal lose now and the other will it all?
Yes, by 155.

If Federer is ever going to be #1 again, I would suggest that his chance will come for a stretch of 1 or 2 weeks after Dubai.  For that to happen (a) He'll have to win this tournament - miles from a foregone conclusion and (b) he'll have to do better than R2 in Dubai and/or Nadal fails to repeat his 300 points for being losing finalist in Acapulco.

Even Better, he shoudl play a couple of challengers, right after the AO. He can do it on one leg.

He can't count on Kraijcek's wildcard for Rotterdam. Kraj hates Fed to bits
GP, it’s time you pulled a few connections out there...it’s now or never! Big Grin
Unfortunatly i'm not the most diplomatic person Winking

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:01 pm

barrystar wrote:

His normal pattern is now to vanish for three months. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s something going on.
I agree it isn’t like his knee.

Don't agree with what you say about his usual pattern.  The last time he did not play at least one tournament on the 'South America Swing' between AO and IW was 2012.  What seems to change from year to year is the clay/hard balance.

His no. 1 priority will (should) be making sure he is in top form for the European Clay season.
I meant normal pattern after an injury.

bogbrush

Posts : 2449
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:01 pm

gallery play wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
barrystar wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:Has Nadal earned enough points so that Fed cannot be number 1 shoudl Nadal lose now and the other will it all?
Yes, by 155.

If Federer is ever going to be #1 again, I would suggest that his chance will come for a stretch of 1 or 2 weeks after Dubai.  For that to happen (a) He'll have to win this tournament - miles from a foregone conclusion and (b) he'll have to do better than R2 in Dubai and/or Nadal fails to repeat his 300 points for being losing finalist in Acapulco.

Even Better, he shoudl play a couple of challengers, right after the AO. He can do it on one leg.

He can't count on Kraijcek's wildcard for Rotterdam. Kraj hates Fed to bits
GP, it’s time you pulled a few connections out there...it’s now or never! Big Grin
Unfortunatly i'm not the most diplomatic person Winking
If only the whole world was like OTF.... Blush

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:02 pm

Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
barrystar wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:Has Nadal earned enough points so that Fed cannot be number 1 shoudl Nadal lose now and the other will it all?
Yes, by 155.

If Federer is ever going to be #1 again, I would suggest that his chance will come for a stretch of 1 or 2 weeks after Dubai.  For that to happen (a) He'll have to win this tournament - miles from a foregone conclusion and (b) he'll have to do better than R2 in Dubai and/or Nadal fails to repeat his 300 points for being losing finalist in Acapulco.

Even Better, he shoudl play a couple of challengers, right after the AO. He can do it on one leg.

He can't count on Kraijcek's wildcard for Rotterdam. Kraj hates Fed to bits
Don't worry. Kraji is a good businessman...though Fed might not even care.
Er..... can we see the AO won first?

There’s always the USO to remember when it all sat open.

bogbrush

Posts : 2449
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:03 pm

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
barrystar wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:Has Nadal earned enough points so that Fed cannot be number 1 shoudl Nadal lose now and the other will it all?
Yes, by 155.

If Federer is ever going to be #1 again, I would suggest that his chance will come for a stretch of 1 or 2 weeks after Dubai.  For that to happen (a) He'll have to win this tournament - miles from a foregone conclusion and (b) he'll have to do better than R2 in Dubai and/or Nadal fails to repeat his 300 points for being losing finalist in Acapulco.

Even Better, he shoudl play a couple of challengers, right after the AO. He can do it on one leg.

He can't count on Kraijcek's wildcard for Rotterdam. Kraj hates Fed to bits
Ntw, why does Kraji hate Fed to bits?

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by Tenez on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:06 pm

I believe he let him down a couple of times.

Tenez

Posts : 19550
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by barrystar on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:07 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
barrystar wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:Has Nadal earned enough points so that Fed cannot be number 1 shoudl Nadal lose now and the other will it all?
Yes, by 155.

If Federer is ever going to be #1 again, I would suggest that his chance will come for a stretch of 1 or 2 weeks after Dubai.  For that to happen (a) He'll have to win this tournament - miles from a foregone conclusion and (b) he'll have to do better than R2 in Dubai and/or Nadal fails to repeat his 300 points for being losing finalist in Acapulco.

Even Better, he shoudl play a couple of challengers, right after the AO. He can do it on one leg.

He can't count on Kraijcek's wildcard for Rotterdam. Kraj hates Fed to bits
Don't worry. Kraji is a good businessman...though Fed might not even care.
Er..... can we see the AO won first?

There’s always the USO to remember when it all sat open.

Quite - USO 2012 & 2014 are worth remembering when he was looking good but beaten, respectively, by Berdych and Cilic.

barrystar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2017-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:10 pm

Tenez wrote:I believe he let him down a couple of times.
How? Fed went back on his word?




noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by gallery play on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:10 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:From the beeb:

"Stats you need: Cilic bidding to be first palindromic #AusOpen champ since Seles 22 years ago."

Laugh , nice
Wow...

That is some brain to think of that in the middle of a match Laugh
I learnt a new word today!
Me, too. Winking
Went straight to google.
In dutch we have a palindrom of 23 characters. It's crazy, but here it is: koortsmeetsysteemstrook.
Which rougly means:  a tool to measure the temperature of someone who's having a fever ..


gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:12 pm

barrystar wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
barrystar wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:Has Nadal earned enough points so that Fed cannot be number 1 shoudl Nadal lose now and the other will it all?
Yes, by 155.

If Federer is ever going to be #1 again, I would suggest that his chance will come for a stretch of 1 or 2 weeks after Dubai.  For that to happen (a) He'll have to win this tournament - miles from a foregone conclusion and (b) he'll have to do better than R2 in Dubai and/or Nadal fails to repeat his 300 points for being losing finalist in Acapulco.

Even Better, he shoudl play a couple of challengers, right after the AO. He can do it on one leg.

He can't count on Kraijcek's wildcard for Rotterdam. Kraj hates Fed to bits
Don't worry. Kraji is a good businessman...though Fed might not even care.
Er..... can we see the AO won first?

There’s always the USO to remember when it all sat open.

Quite - USO 2012 & 2014 are worth remembering when he was looking good but beaten, respectively, by Berdych and Cilic.
Yes, but before being beaten By Cilic he played a gruelling 5 setter qf vs Monfils, so had nothing in his legs left for Cilic.

And the year before even Robredo knocked him out...now that was awful.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:16 pm

gallery play wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:From the beeb:

"Stats you need: Cilic bidding to be first palindromic #AusOpen champ since Seles 22 years ago."

Laugh , nice
Wow...

That is some brain to think of that in the middle of a match Laugh
I learnt a new word today!
Me, too. Winking
Went straight to google.
In dutch we have a palindrom of 23 characters. It's crazy, but here it is: koortsmeetsysteemstrook.
Which rougly means:  a tool to measure the temperature of someone who's having a fever ..

Laugh

Can’t top that one.

The closest we come is a sentence: Ana voli Milovana. (Ana loves Milovan)

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by gallery play on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:24 pm

Tenez wrote:I believe he let him down a couple of times.
It's all vaque. Everytime Fed was there, the entire tournament sold out. Just once Fed did not deliver, when he lost to Benneteau in the quarters. I guess that was the year Fed asked an exorbitant amount of money just to discourage Krajicek. But he did play anyway but shouldn't have really, he wasn't fit.
Or perhaps Fed's habit of winning Wimbledon for fun makes his win there less important.. I dunno...putting Fed as 6th of 7th on the GOAT list makes no sense.

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by Tenez on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:27 pm

gallery play wrote:Or perhaps Fed's habit of winning Wimbledon for fun makes his win there less important.. I dunno...putting Fed as 6th of 7th on the GOAT list makes no sense.

Oh that funny wasn't it...where does this put kraji in the list fair commentators?

Tenez

Posts : 19550
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:29 pm

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:I believe he let him down a couple of times.
It's all vaque. Everytime Fed was there, the entire tournament sold out. Just once Fed did not deliver, when he lost to Benneteau in the quarters. I guess that was the year Fed asked an exorbitant amount of money just to discourage Krajicek. But he did play anyway but shouldn't have really, he wasn't fit.
Or perhaps Fed's habit of winning Wimbledon for fun makes his win there less important.. I dunno...putting Fed as 6th of 7th on the GOAT list makes no sense.
Is that all?

Not good from Krajicek.

I remember Fed asking big fees, but he is surely worth every penny.

As for the goat list...that is unbelievable, there must be stg more to it. Winking

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:12 pm

Who the Hell are those 5 or 6 players? Apollo, Hermes, ?????

bogbrush

Posts : 2449
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by Daniel on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:43 pm

Ah, yes...  Nadal is beaten but immediately it's talk of injury. I am so tired of it. Can't wait for this ass to be off the tour. Cilic outplayed him - not that you;d know it from all the forums and the media - all dancing to Nadal's ego bruising limitation exercise.

A post I saw elsewhere

Susan Davidson · 
Oh it's too hot. Oh, the surface is too hard. Oh, everyone else gets better playing times than me. 

Honestly.

Daniel

Posts : 3642
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by Jahu on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:49 pm

nitb, 9pm? We have witnesses here to our agreement  Laugh

Jahu

Posts : 3013
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:35 pm

I’ve already argued with someone else this wasn’t a loss due to injury it was an injury due to being unable to contend with the opponent.

Basically, Cilic broke him up.

If he was a boxer they’d write that he would have won if only he hadn’t fallen unconscious in the 10th round.

bogbrush

Posts : 2449
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by Daniel on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:03 pm

Nadal is just doing damage limitation.  It's what he always does.  It boosts his own delusional thought process while taking credit away from his opponent.  I say the word enough in regards to Nadal... but any of the "bad" words are good enough— tosser among them.

Daniel

Posts : 3642
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:11 pm

Jahu wrote:nitb, 9pm? We have witnesses here to our agreement  Laugh
What are you talking about?

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by Tenez on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:31 am

bogbrush wrote:I’ve already argued with someone else this wasn’t a loss due to injury it was an injury due to being unable to contend with the opponent.

Basically, Cilic broke him up.

If he was a boxer they’d write that he would have won if only he hadn’t fallen unconscious in the 10th round.

You cannot be so sure. Heat, dehydration can also be a reason for injury. Frankly, I donlt think Cilic "broke" him. If anything Cilic would have been even more mentally injured had Nadal stayed fit. that 3rd set TB was terrible. I have certainly not been impressed by this Cilic. He showed so much nerves once again. We know he has the power shots....but how many does he misfire?
yes Nadal is also guilty for running everywhere and trying to put pressure, no doubt...but that doesn't make Cilic any good.

This injury could have happen v Schwarzy or Edmund, like it happened here a few years ago versus Ferrer. It's Nadal's problem, not Cilic's brilliance.

Tenez

Posts : 19550
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by Daniel on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:39 am

Cilic completely outplayed him with over 70 or 80 winners, Tenez.  That's the fact.  Your desire to call Cilic a useless bottler isn't going anywhere.

Daniel

Posts : 3642
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by Tenez on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:48 am

Daniel wrote:Cilic completely outplayed him with over 70 or 80 winners, Tenez.  That's the fact.  Your desire to call Cilic a useless bottler isn't going anywhere.
The fact is that Nadal was leading 2 sets to 1 before he got injured. If you don;t want to see it, fine, it won;t be the first time you refuse o see facts. You cannot be outplaying someone and be 2 sets to 1 down. Doesn;t make sense.

Tenez

Posts : 19550
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by gallery play on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:37 am

So Rafa will be back in 3 weeks...Smells Fishy.

Long enough to justify his retirement, short enough to defend his no. 1 position.

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by Tenez on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:09 am

gallery play wrote:So Rafa will be back in 3 weeks...Smells Fishy.

Long enough to justify his retirement, short enough to defend his no. 1 position.

He is going to fight for it. This is more precious than slams for players money wise.




Tenez

Posts : 19550
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by barrystar on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:13 am

Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:So Rafa will be back in 3 weeks...Smells Fishy.

Long enough to justify his retirement, short enough to defend his no. 1 position.

He is going to fight for it. This is more precious than slams for players money wise.




I didn't know that, how does it work, sponsorship or prize money or something?

I'm sure Federer is more interested in slams now.

It will be ironic if Nadal goes off to Acupulco to play an extra tournament on hardcourt after everything he's said.

barrystar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2017-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by Tenez on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:17 am

barrystar wrote:
Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:So Rafa will be back in 3 weeks...Smells Fishy.

Long enough to justify his retirement, short enough to defend his no. 1 position.

He is going to fight for it. This is more precious than slams for players money wise.




I didn't know that, how does it work, sponsorship or prize money or something?

I'm sure Federer is more interested in slams now.

It will be ironic if Nadal goes off to Acupulco to play an extra tournament on hardcourt after everything he's said.

I am not sure. He said it many times....number 1 is a fantastic feeling. It's like being at the top of the Everest. Whereas slam gives you joy in the distance, it has not got the same intensity as being number 1.

As Nadal lots to defend in the SA swing?


Tenez

Posts : 19550
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by barrystar on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:22 am

300 pts Acapulco vs. Fed with 45 to defend at Dubai.  If Fed wins the AO, he can pick up the extra points he needs by winning Dubai whatever Nadal does.  Personally I think that slim chance may be as good as he'll get to regain #1, because he'll almost certainly drop a bunch at IW/Miami and Nadal may not drop as much on the clay swing.

barrystar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2017-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by legendkillar on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:34 am

gallery play wrote:So Rafa will be back in 3 weeks...Smells Fishy.

Long enough to justify his retirement, short enough to defend his no. 1 position.

I'd welcome it. If he is injured, he'll play himself into the ground and leave fumes coming into the Clay swing.

legendkillar

Posts : 2508
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by DEC1M7 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:36 pm

Tenez wrote:
Daniel wrote:Cilic completely outplayed him with over 70 or 80 winners, Tenez.  That's the fact.  Your desire to call Cilic a useless bottler isn't going anywhere.
The fact is that Nadal was leading 2 sets to 1 before he got injured. If you don;t want to see it, fine, it won;t be the first time you refuse o see facts. You cannot be outplaying someone and be 2 sets to 1 down. Doesn;t make sense.
Tenez wrote:
You cannot be so sure. Heat, dehydration can also be a reason for injury. Frankly, I donlt think Cilic "broke" him. If anything Cilic would have been even more mentally injured had Nadal stayed fit. that 3rd set TB was terrible. I have certainly not been impressed by this Cilic. He showed so much nerves once again. We know he has the power shots....but how many does he misfire?
yes Nadal is also guilty for running everywhere and trying to put pressure, no doubt...but that doesn't make Cilic any good.

This injury could have happen v Schwarzy or Edmund, like it happened here a few years ago versus Ferrer. It's Nadal's problem, not Cilic's brilliance.
First of all Cilic was a break up in the 4th set even before the muscle tear, so Nadal was barely up.
As Bogbrush pointed out, the fact Cilic was playing so aggressively and making Nadal cover so much ground contributed to the muscle tear. He played a longer match in more humid conditions against Schwartzmann and didn't get injured.

You're just desperately trying to make excuses because this is what you said during the Nadal Cilic match before the injury:
Tenez wrote:Nadal looks less worried playing Cilic than playing Schwartzy...and he is right!

The idea that Nadal would be less worried about big hitting Cilic compared to 5'7 Schwartzman, and your analysis 'he is right' to do so, just shows your shocking lack of understanding about tennis. No wonder you're haplessly trying to make excuses for a player you dislike so much, because the alternative is your analysis was delusional beyond comprehension.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4846
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:00 pm

Nothing better to watch than when once of us gets into a stubborn position and needs to dig ever deeper to defend it. I’m not being funny at Tenez, I’ve done it too.

bogbrush

Posts : 2449
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by Tenez on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:32 pm

You guys are shameless! I knew Decima had no face ..but you BB siding with him on this is weird to say the least!

First no mention about Dimi? You know Dimi being a bigger threat?  ...than Chung or Berdych? Laugh ....Yes Dimi who was bagelled earlier by a young #186 and needed a long 5 setter to get rid of him.....IS NOT EVEN in the equation anymore, beaten tamely by another youngster ranked 55 or so!. At least Fed's draw was predicted correctly. Chung is still there and Berdych gave Fed a tough set before getting injured.

Regarding Cilic, this match once again showed he was a pure choker in that TB he should have won with an easy put away had he had a glimpse of nerves. Nadal has not played well at all in that AO....I think you agreed with that saying you BB were not impressed.....yet he was 2 sets to 1 v a guy who has the power to blow him off court. ..So what can we say about Cilic? so far nothing! Just that he struggled to get there and needed an injured Nadal to make another semi.

So far it's 1-0 to me. We will see whether Cilic was more of a problem to Fed than Chung or Berds.

If he turns out to be, then I will say....and you may have a chance to draw level...at best!

Tenez

Posts : 19550
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:39 pm

Tense, have one of these tea

Decaf of course. Winking

bogbrush

Posts : 2449
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by luvsports! on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:48 pm

DECIMA wrote:
Tenez wrote:
Daniel wrote:Cilic completely outplayed him with over 70 or 80 winners, Tenez.  That's the fact.  Your desire to call Cilic a useless bottler isn't going anywhere.
The fact is that Nadal was leading 2 sets to 1 before he got injured. If you don;t want to see it, fine, it won;t be the first time you refuse o see facts. You cannot be outplaying someone and be 2 sets to 1 down. Doesn;t make sense.
Tenez wrote:
You cannot be so sure. Heat, dehydration can also be a reason for injury. Frankly, I donlt think Cilic "broke" him. If anything Cilic would have been even more mentally injured had Nadal stayed fit. that 3rd set TB was terrible. I have certainly not been impressed by this Cilic. He showed so much nerves once again. We know he has the power shots....but how many does he misfire?
yes Nadal is also guilty for running everywhere and trying to put pressure, no doubt...but that doesn't make Cilic any good.

This injury could have happen v Schwarzy or Edmund, like it happened here a few years ago versus Ferrer. It's Nadal's problem, not Cilic's brilliance.
First of all Cilic was a break up in the 4th set even before the muscle tear, so Nadal was barely up.
As Bogbrush pointed out, the fact Cilic was playing so aggressively and making Nadal cover so much ground contributed to the muscle tear. He played a longer match in more humid conditions against Schwartzmann and didn't get injured.

You're just desperately trying to make excuses because this is what you said during the Nadal Cilic match before the injury:
Tenez wrote:Nadal looks less worried playing Cilic than playing Schwartzy...and he is right!

The idea that Nadal would be less worried about big hitting Cilic compared to 5'7 Schwartzman, and your analysis 'he is right' to do so, just shows your shocking lack of understanding about tennis. No wonder you're haplessly trying to make excuses for a player you dislike so much, because the alternative is your analysis was delusional beyond comprehension.

I listened to the post match interview and Rafa said he felt pain in the 3rd set.

luvsports!

Posts : 4569
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by Daniel on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:50 pm

because the alternative is your analysis was delusional beyond comprehension.

Laugh Laugh Laugh



I listened to the post match interview and Rafa said he felt pain in the 3rd set.

Rafa said.  That's really an argument to the contrary. He's not injured.  He's even playing gain in 3 weeks.  It's more bullshit.

Daniel

Posts : 3642
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by DEC1M7 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:14 pm

Actually 2-3 weeks is the average recovery time for a Grade 1 muscle tear, from what I've been taught.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4846
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by Tenez on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:17 pm

yes 3 weeks should be plenty enough.

Tenez

Posts : 19550
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 9:

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum