Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
open - Oz open prediction game - Day 9! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
open - Oz open prediction game - Day 9! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
open - Oz open prediction game - Day 9! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
open - Oz open prediction game - Day 9! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
open - Oz open prediction game - Day 9! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
open - Oz open prediction game - Day 9! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
open - Oz open prediction game - Day 9! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
open - Oz open prediction game - Day 9! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
open - Oz open prediction game - Day 9! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

+8
Daniel
gallery play
bogbrush
Jahu
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
noleisthebest
Tenez
luvsports!
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

open - Oz open prediction game - Day 9! - Page 3 Empty Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Lydian Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Thanks NITB...we do what we need to regarding our families hey (re: travel, etc).
I like that it keeps my tennis interest "real". Sometimes when we follow the top guys we forget what its like to see/follow/play high level "grassroots" where there is still a lot of talent on show. Likewise, its very easy to denigrate the top guys too...I see Raonic being called a loser, Nadal a pusher, etc, etc, but these guys have battled their way to the top of global tennis tree - there aren't many shortcuts and we forget how good they actually are in general. The discussion amongst the top 10 players then becomes more one of nuance and preference of ones own style in seeing the game played. I played a match against a 1.2 rated player (just sub-pro level) a few months back and thought to myself (whilst being thrashed) just how good must a top 10/20/30/100 player be...

Thanks Tenez, yep we're all tennis lovers...no point in getting heated over a common passion.

Lol BB, I've barely frequented the other place for quite some time now, it seems to be on the slide from what I can see. Good to see your man having a good run too...I enjoyed the schooling he gave Berdych in particular! Seems to be taking the ball earlier than ever...like a fine wine! Even Nadal seems to be undergoing a renaissance/catharsis after years of frustrating his fans by changing nothing.

Lydian

Back to top Go down

open - Oz open prediction game - Day 9! - Page 3 Empty Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by legendkillar Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:20 pm

bogbrush wrote:Not at all legendkiller; the biggest victim of the crime was the tennis fan. Look at how excited people are at these faster conditions at the AO, we could have had this for the last 8 years during which time the maestro could have thrilled us even more than a Murray / Djokovic 5 hours slugfest.

Agreed, but even players who didn't set off on that path are victims too. Agassi made some spot on comments in relation to Murray saying he was capable of attacking tennis, but chooses not to embrace that part of his game and that for his supporters is a source of frustration.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:58 am

LOL!

Anyway, the more the merrier.  Welcome here!

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:28 am

Yes ok, I think Lydian and I both argued back there that he was "better" when his game had less of the physical about it, but of course he doesn't create the environment and he's been very successful.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:00 pm

Oh he has. He's adapted to the conditions at the price of doing it very basically.

I hope the quickened conditions will be something we see more of and make it interesting for the rallyers to adapt again to become more varied and attacking.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:10 pm

When you think that already back in the 90s a quick Chang could beat Sampras on carpet and HC ....conditions will have to be very fast to give the SVer the edge with those new strings.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydian Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:59 pm

Variety is what's needed...fast, medium, slow to stop the march of identikit coaching and playing styles.

Lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:30 am

Another huge improvement of Nadal is his BH. Much pacier than in the past and less slices. Plus his DTL BH is much pacier which was his biggest weakness in the past.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:35 am

Lydian wrote:Variety is what's needed...fast, medium, slow to stop the march of identikit coaching and playing styles.

Even variaty is relative. That's the problem. In the 90s this AO would look slow. The USO is playing with bigger balls since 2010 (they even have bigger balls for men than women there) and Wimbledon is just absurd as it has huge slazengers and I remember that one year (2008 or 2010?) you had more breaks in wimbledon than in FO!

What I don;t like is that they changed the surfaces which were perfectly varied before Nadal's arrival. Remember he coudl not win against seeded players in the USO before 2010.....and teh USO in my (ours I guess in the 90s) time was the medium pace court (between fast Wimby and slow RG).

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:38 am

At least this year at this AO, we have "variety" in the final again. Whereas before it purely about the fittest...and that's how it has been since 2007 roughly....And if we had not had a genius like fed we woudl have had 10 years of lung busting tennis winning everything....which we roughly had anyway.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:02 am

I have actually enjoyed this AO. I think there has been enough variety to shine through.

Certainly produced the thinkings man tennis. Just hope this is a sign of things to come for 2017.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3