Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Today at 3:21 pm by legendkillar

» Laver Cup - Anyone Watching
Today at 3:10 pm by legendkillar

» Nishikori's best ever performance?
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:29 am by Daniel

» Two words you will never associate with Nadal
Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:16 pm by Tenez

» Davis Cup 2017
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:06 pm by Jahu

» NADAL WINS SLAM NUMBER 16, MOVES 2 CLEAR OF THIRD PLACED SAMPRAS
Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:09 am by Tenez

» Sharapova announces failed drug test
Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:02 am by luvsports!

» Fight for #1
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:05 pm by Daniel

» US open prediction game: Final day
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:17 pm by DECIMA

September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Djokovic - remaining career

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Djokovic - remaining career

Post by bogbrush on Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:26 pm

Just wondering how people think he'll finish up. Will he pass Federers Slam and weeks at #1 records? Will he fade quickly? Are there any young guns who will hasten his demise? Will Murray sustain his better performances and deprive him of titles?

I'm not sure myself, part of me looks at the game in despair and imagines him winning another 8 Slams, the other suspects he might just drop by 2% and become prey to big hitters. 

What's the opinion?

bogbrush

Posts : 1075
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Veejay on Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:02 pm

i think that the direction in which his continued domination or decline will take,will have a lot to do with the outcome of this tournament
if he fails to make the final then i could possibly still see him come back next season and reestablish himself as the player to beat
if he makes the final and loses to murray then i think he could easily go into a slum of losing really close matches like he did prior to bekker joining his camp..he is already half way in that grave since wimbledon

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:05 pm

Nole is good and still improving, provided he stays away from serious injuries I can see him win up to 5 more slams.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by legendkillar on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:11 pm

I reckon Novak has another 4 Slams in him.

Don't think he'll get near Federers consecutive weeks at no.1, but could get near the total.

legendkillar

Posts : 1881
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Jahu on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:48 pm

All I know is he will be forgotten the next day he quits tennis, which is in less then 2 years probably.

I sad before RG that if Djoko won RG, he will go downhill, no motivation to play any more, lots of money, a divorce seems to be looming etc etc.

He will not surpass Nadal, let alone Fed.

Jahu

Posts : 1960
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by paulcz on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:49 pm

Nole is able to keep winning if he keeps his hunger and will settle his marriage  with Jelena, which I really wish he will do it. For short his clear mental focus is everything. He has great body, game and mental strength. Only thing he needs to unite all these components, be healthy and he still stays the man to beat  for upcoming titles. 

paulcz

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Jahu on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:53 pm

Yes, but before uniting everything you said, he just remembered he needs to compensate for no childhood, no teen fun, no sex before marriage, just play play play for last 25 years and thrown into a marriage, so flush with cash and all GS won, he wants some fun ALONE and away from tennis, he's still young.

Or so I heard.

Jahu

Posts : 1960
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Daniel on Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:28 pm

He has a small chance of beating weeks number 1.  No chance of beating consec weeks number 1.  No chance of equalling or beating 17 slams.  I doubt he even has 4 slams in him - that's ignoring how age affects players. If you ignore the last 40 years of tennis - yeah. Wishful thinking isn't going to beat history or human biology.

Daniel

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Tenez on Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:04 pm

Good question BB. I was watching a clip about this yesterday.



I did not see part 2 but they are making good points.

I just think it is too late for Djoko. he coudl have surpassed Fed's number but he messed up too much at the beginning, in particular all those FOs he should have won against Nadal but managed to fail.

He has been the fittest player and most adapted to the slow conditions but never had the guts of Federer and Nadal. He shoudl have done much better than Nadal but he will just about over take him at best.
I'd say every single slam are going to be key from now. Every one he loses will be huge.

He is very professional. That's his best quality...and teh one that has goven him that fitness.

But do we want to see such a poor shot maker be the greatest in history?

Not me!

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Daniel on Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:28 pm

She's not a good host and that's too irritating to watch.  The reason he won't do it is because he'd have to do something no player in the last 30-40 years has done and carry on winning slams as if he were in his 20s.  Will not happen.  This is the male game not the poxy female game. The only way he could do it is if he doesn't experience the same age-related degradation as every single other player in history (including Federer and Nadal - excepting Borg because he finished early).  

It ain't happenin'. It's not even a debate.

Daniel

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:38 am

Tenez wrote:Good question BB. I was watching a clip about this yesterday.



I did not see part 2 but they are making good points.

I just think it is too late for Djoko. he coudl have surpassed Fed's number but he messed up too much at the beginning, in particular all those FOs he should have won against Nadal but managed to fail.

He has been the fittest player and most adapted to the slow conditions but never had the guts of Federer and Nadal. He shoudl have done much better than Nadal but he will just about over take him at best.
I'd say every single slam are going to be key from now. Every one he loses will be huge.

He is very professional. That's his best quality...and teh one that has goven him that fitness.

But do we want to see such a poor shot maker be the greatest in history?

Not me!

Good clip, look forward to part 2.

Yes, I think he should have won a few more, esp in RG...just goes to show how tough that slam is to win...probably tougher than Wimbledon as a player has to battle more than the opponent - changing conditions dry clay wet clay, no artifcial light, knock on effect...he should have won at least 3 RGs by now.

Not convinced by USOs as he had draw against him for many years, plus scheduling favouring Nadal.

I know it looks like eternity ago, but I can't forget the 12/12 in Fed's half in all non clay slams.

And if that was not enough, he played the EVENING session, 2nd SF on super Saturdays, while Nadal twiddled his thumbs in the hotel room waiting for tired Nole on a silver platter the next day.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:39 am

paulcz wrote:Nole is able to keep winning if he keeps his hunger and will settle his marriage  with Jelena, which I really wish he will do it. For short his clear mental focus is everything. He has great body, game and mental strength. Only thing he needs to unite all these components, be healthy and he still stays the man to beat  for upcoming titles. 

I actually don't think he needs to unite those components.

Of course, life would be easier if his marriage was happy, but the strength should come from within himself and God.

What is not good is to live a lie...so there lies a challenge.

Everyone faces that closed door...let's see how he copes.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by paulcz on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:39 am

Tenez wrote:Good question BB. I was watching a clip about this yesterday.



I did not see part 2 but they are making good points.

I just think it is too late for Djoko. he coudl have surpassed Fed's number but he messed up too much at the beginning, in particular all those FOs he should have won against Nadal but managed to fail.

He has been the fittest player and most adapted to the slow conditions but never had the guts of Federer and Nadal. He shoudl have done much better than Nadal but he will just about over take him at best.
I'd say every single slam are going to be key from now. Every one he loses will be huge.

He is very professional. That's his best quality...and teh one that has goven him that fitness.

But do we want to see such a poor shot maker be the greatest in history?

Not me!


I dont know where did you take from that Nadal is a gutsy player. He is quite opposite and it comes from his personality.   His moonballing  game is  fearful likewise his blind belief  to his uncle. He is unfit to cope with his failures despite he is a great fighter. His last post match interview after his loss with Pouille was a sheer tragedy and was a precise mirror of his destroyed soul. His answer that he will try to find out what he is missing says it all. Dont be fooled that he is humble or timid, he is the biggest coward from all players I have ever seen. That he was able to destroy Fed on most occasions is not a sign of his courage at all.

paulcz

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by paulcz on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:59 am

noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:Nole is able to keep winning if he keeps his hunger and will settle his marriage  with Jelena, which I really wish he will do it. For short his clear mental focus is everything. He has great body, game and mental strength. Only thing he needs to unite all these components, be healthy and he still stays the man to beat  for upcoming titles. 

I actually don't think he needs to unite those components.

Of course, life would be easier if his marriage was happy, but the strength should come from within himself and God.

What is not good is to live a lie...so there lies a challenge.

Everyone faces that closed door...let's see how he copes.
Nice supreme words. As I like Novak, I see that happy marriage means a lot to him and his family. I can't look into him, but he is aware that he broke his life values and is guilty. Now it is not only up to him how he will settle his marriage. I think that Jelena is smart and strong woman and that Nole gets a chance and it ends up well. The life is tricky sometimes and as everyone knows "an opportunity makes a thief".

paulcz

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:23 pm

Maybe gutsier is not the right word but the fact remain that Djoko was the better, fitter player versus Nadal at the FOs finals and lost them all. 

With Federer losing to Nadal its different cause Fed was not in the same league physically as Nadal so he fought hard but then eventually ran out of steam. Id say Fed's main problem was not have been more flexible in his considering a larger frame....but then he leads the pack so until he gets overtaken it can be forgiven.

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by luvsports! on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:26 pm

DOn't agree.
Rafa was fitter in '12-'14 FO finals.

luvsports!

Posts : 3975
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:17 pm

luvsports! wrote:DOn't agree.
Rafa was fitter in '12-'14 FO finals.

No. You are wrong I am afraid. Djoko had won all those gruelling bof3 and 4 matches since 2011. we knew that had he won that 2012 and 2014th 4th set he woudl win the 5th.

Likewise in 2013 he was fitter despite having huge physical problem in that 3rd set. He came back and had a smash for a double break in the fifth. It is teh miss of that smash that killed him mentally and physically.

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Daniel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:21 pm

luvsports! wrote:DOn't agree.
Rafa was fitter in '12-'14 FO finals.

Agreed.  He was also far better before the last 2 years where decline has well and truly set in.  Couldn't happen to a more deserving player.  I've never wanted a player to lose more... Not even Mark Selby.


Last edited by FedererKing on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Daniel

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:22 pm

FedererKing wrote:
luvsports! wrote:DOn't agree.
Rafa was fitter in '12-'14 FO finals.

Agreed.  He was also far better before the last 2 years where decline has well and truly set in.

Do you still believe your story about declining at 25? Gosh you are a bit stubborn.

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by luvsports! on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:29 pm

Tenez wrote:
luvsports! wrote:DOn't agree.
Rafa was fitter in '12-'14 FO finals.

No. You are wrong I am afraid. Djoko had won all those gruelling bof3 and 4 matches since 2011. we knew that had he won that 2012 and 2014th 4th set he woudl win the 5th.

Likewise in 2013 he was fitter despite having huge physical problem in that 3rd set. He came back and had a smash for a double break in the fifth. It is teh miss of that smash that killed him mentally and physically.

No.
2011 he was fitter. After 2012 aus open, nadal got more physical and nole's level dropped.

luvsports!

Posts : 3975
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Daniel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:30 pm

Tenez wrote:
FedererKing wrote:
luvsports! wrote:DOn't agree.
Rafa was fitter in '12-'14 FO finals.

Agreed.  He was also far better before the last 2 years where decline has well and truly set in.

Do you still believe your story about declining at 25? Gosh you are a bit stubborn.

Never made any story about declining at 25.  Made the "story" that that is when it starts to become noticeable/more significant, and gets steadily worse until around 30 where it enters rapid decline. Please stop bringing this up every 2 minutes and listen to what people are saying.  I provided evidence from scientific studies that prove physical prime is from around 21 to 25.

Let's try this again since you seem to be blind:

Physical prime is not peak.

Physical prime is from around 21 to 25 - scientific fact.
Peak depends on numerous factors - psychological and physical - but the trend will nearly always follow the same pattern.  No player who has dominated in their 20s dominates in their 30s.  NONE. This is because the physical degradation (which includes reaction times) becomes too great for experience or for strategy or for mental strength to be the critical factor.

Again, please stop misrepresenting what I have said.  It is you, not I, that insisted players play better at 30.  I made the case that 24-27 is the best ages of all - because it's before and just after physical decline begins to be a factor - but at the age where experience and practice have had a massive contribution.  This is why Peak is unlikely to be at 21, and likely to be at 25 - despite the fact a 21 year old is probably fitter than a 25 year old (it isn't too significant, though). 

But at 30 years of age, the difference to 21 is magnitudes greater in pro sport. Please learn that.  That's why Usain Bolt isn't ever going to break his records...  That's why he isn't coming close to doing so.  And it's why Nadal is finished and why Federer is finished.

YOU were the one dancing around telling us that Nadal would be around winning until 35 because 30 is the new prime.  Get real.

Daniel

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:37 pm

luvsports! wrote:
Tenez wrote:
luvsports! wrote:DOn't agree.
Rafa was fitter in '12-'14 FO finals.

No. You are wrong I am afraid. Djoko had won all those gruelling bof3 and 4 matches since 2011. we knew that had he won that 2012 and 2014th 4th set he woudl win the 5th.

Likewise in 2013 he was fitter despite having huge physical problem in that 3rd set. He came back and had a smash for a double break in the fifth. It is teh miss of that smash that killed him mentally and physically.

No.
2011 he was fitter. After 2012 aus open, nadal got more physical and nole's level dropped.

Nadal was always more physical but that fitness doesn't last v Djoko. The 2013 FO final is the perfect point in case. It is known as Nadal's most successful and dominant year. yet that blow Djoko got in that final he shoudl have won destroyed him mentally the rest of the season...and even the following year at the FO. Only when Nadal went down mentally that Djoko managed to crush him at the French but frankly he shoudl have won those FO.

You even agreed that Djoko was saved by teh rain in 2012.....cause Djoko was coming back. What does that mean?

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:39 pm

FedererKing wrote:
Tenez wrote:
FedererKing wrote:
luvsports! wrote:DOn't agree.
Rafa was fitter in '12-'14 FO finals.

Agreed.  He was also far better before the last 2 years where decline has well and truly set in.

Do you still believe your story about declining at 25? Gosh you are a bit stubborn.

Never made any story about declining at 25.  .

Stubborn and forgetful! Laugh

I stopped reading after that cause what credibility coudl I give you now?

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Daniel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:45 pm

Tenez wrote:
FedererKing wrote:
Tenez wrote:
FedererKing wrote:
luvsports! wrote:DOn't agree.
Rafa was fitter in '12-'14 FO finals.

Agreed.  He was also far better before the last 2 years where decline has well and truly set in.

Do you still believe your story about declining at 25? Gosh you are a bit stubborn.

Never made any story about declining at 25.  .

Stubborn and forgetful! Laugh

I stopped reading after that cause what credibility coudl I give you now?

I've summed up my argument above.  And have done so many times.  Maybe you can shut up for once and read it? Your credibility is laughable.  No one here thinks your bat shit crazy theory about 30 being the new prime is accurate.  They think you're a loony.  And rightfully so.

There is only one exception to where a player can continue to dominate into their 30s... if the field itself is very weak.  We see this in the women's game a lot.  It's not been the case in the men's for decades - you'd have to go back to the start of the Open Era.

Daniel

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:49 pm

FedererKing wrote:No one here thinks your bat shit crazy theory about 30 being the new prime is accurate.  They think you're a loony.  And rightfully so.

We all think highly of you here! Cool

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Daniel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:51 pm

As I said though, you want to move the goalposts.  Maybe you can tell us all why Federer and Nadal are no longer winning.  Let me guess.... because all the other players are better now? All of a sudden.  Seriously, I want to hear your fantastic reasoning. You claimed before relentlessly that age has nothing to do with it.

Daniel

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by paulcz on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:57 pm

Tenez wrote:Maybe gutsier is not the right word but the fact remain that Djoko was the better, fitter player versus Nadal at the FOs finals and lost them all. 

With Federer losing to Nadal its different cause Fed was not in the same league physically as Nadal so he fought hard but then eventually ran out of steam. Id say Fed's main problem was not have been more flexible in his considering a larger frame....but then he leads the pack so until he gets overtaken it can be forgiven.
Instead of writing such a crap you would rather focus on betting, that is clear Laugh

paulcz

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:29 pm

Paul you are so emotional when it comes to Djoko. A real fan!

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Jahu on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:08 am

Either that or Paul is after Jelena and sugarcoating here Djoko stuff.

Jahu

Posts : 1960
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:22 am

Jahu wrote:Either that or Paul is after Jelena and sugarcoating here Djoko stuff.

Laugh


noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:28 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Jahu wrote:Either that or Paul is after Jelena and sugarcoating here Djoko stuff.

Laugh


Actually, the way you've been circling around Nole with divorce lawyers like a vulture, you may be in for the kill too! Laugh

Jelena will love you as long as you can maintainher lifestyle and eat all her "healthy" salads...

Bashing Nole will be a dessert. Winking

noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Jahu on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:30 am

Hahahah, oh god, her pics on Instagram of her feeding her son and herself with 300$ breakfast of exotic grains and silly marketing, did not go too well in Serbian Media.

Still a peasant is a peasant, with money or not, but I'd still ripp apart her Bank Acc after divorce, while pretending she deserves better than DJoko Laugh Laugh Laugh

Jahu

Posts : 1960
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:32 am

Jahu wrote:Hahahah, oh god, her pics on Instagram of her feeding her son and herself with 300$ breakfast of exotic grains and silly marketing, did not go too well in Serbian Media.

Still a peasant is a peasant, with money or not, but I'd still ripp apart her Bank Acc after divorce, while pretending she deserves better than DJoko Laugh Laugh Laugh

And thus save Nole's career! Cheers

noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Jahu on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:33 am

You're welcome for a coffe with "us" 2, overlooking Monaco Marina  Bubbly

Jahu

Posts : 1960
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:37 am

Jahu wrote:You're welcome for a coffe with "us" 2, overlooking Monaco Marina  Bubbly

That is very kind of you, Jahu.

But...You'll have to earn your keep and put up with her ego and be bored to death all by yourself, I am afraid. Laugh

noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Jahu on Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:29 am

Who cares, lots of money buys lots of flexibility for Ego smiley

She will be ok with me, she needs some change from guys who grew up on burek, pita and cevape Cheers  

I sense some jealousy form you that I'm not dating you or what? At least I invited you, I'm not selfish like you  Laugh

Jahu

Posts : 1960
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by luvsports! on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Tenez wrote:
luvsports! wrote:
Tenez wrote:
luvsports! wrote:DOn't agree.
Rafa was fitter in '12-'14 FO finals.

No. You are wrong I am afraid. Djoko had won all those gruelling bof3 and 4 matches since 2011. we knew that had he won that 2012 and 2014th 4th set he woudl win the 5th.

Likewise in 2013 he was fitter despite having huge physical problem in that 3rd set. He came back and had a smash for a double break in the fifth. It is teh miss of that smash that killed him mentally and physically.

No.
2011 he was fitter. After 2012 aus open, nadal got more physical and nole's level dropped.

Nadal was always more physical but that fitness doesn't last v Djoko. The 2013 FO final is the perfect point in case. It is known as Nadal's most successful and dominant year. yet that blow Djoko got in that final he shoudl have won destroyed him mentally the rest of the season...and even the following year at the FO. Only when Nadal went down mentally that Djoko managed to crush him at the French but frankly he shoudl have won those FO.

You even agreed that Djoko was saved by teh rain in 2012.....cause Djoko was coming back. What does that mean?

Some people play better in different conditions. Some like hot conditions, others don't. Some indoor, others outdoor.

luvsports!

Posts : 3975
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Tenez on Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:35 pm

Nice escape LS....but Djoko had an easy smash to give him virtually the FO 13 title. I see the other 2 (12 and 14) not differently. Full of missed opportunities.Nadal's luck was to be able to close them in 4....cause in 5 we know who would have won. 

I think the only 5 set match Nadal won v Djoko is actually that FO13 he should have lost....thats why i think Djoko was fitter....or built to last longer...whatever you want to see it.

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:51 pm

Jahu wrote:Who cares, lots of money buys lots of flexibility for Ego smiley
I believe you.
Jahu wrote:
She will be ok with me, she needs some change from guys who grew up on burek, pita and cevape Cheers  
I think youmare made for each other!  cupid

Jahu wrote:
I sense some jealousy form you that I'm not dating you or what? At least I invited you, I'm not selfish like you  Laugh

Hehe Jahu...I sense you are scared of dating Jelena! You'll be fine... Winking

noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by luvsports! on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:02 pm

Tenez wrote:Nice escape LS....but Djoko had an easy smash to give him virtually the FO 13 title. I see the other 2 (12 and 14) not differently. Full of missed opportunities.Nadal's luck was to be able to close them in 4....cause in 5 we know who would have won. 

I think the only 5 set match Nadal won v Djoko is actually that FO13 he should have lost....thats why i think Djoko was fitter....or built to last longer...whatever you want to see it.

You brought up '12, so I responded to '12 - no escape there. 

See you say you "think djoko was fitter". So saying "you are wrong" is silly.

luvsports!

Posts : 3975
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:48 pm

II saw both their RG 14 and 15 matches live.

In '14, Nole was simply dehydrated, it was exceptionally hot.
He had Nadal on the ropes but was just unlucky in the BP at 4:3 I think.

Had he won the 4th set, the 5th would have been interesting as Nadla was dead, too.

In 15, it was not so hot, they played in the QF, so Nole was fresher and absolutely demolished Nadal in straight sets.

Nadal fought hard in the first set but Nole was on a mission,- his freshness gave him the confidence he did not have before.

Many say Nadal was not himself but not true.

He took a lot out if Nole even in that 3 set match...Nole struggled against Murray in the SF (5 sets over. 2 days, no day of rest before the final) and was tired against Stan in the final.

The one he should have won was with that silly net touch.

But that is the "art" of Nadal's many wins.
Players think they are so close, yet for some reason they are so far.

I think Nadal has always and still is fitter than Nole. 
The fact that Nole is a better player as well as more energy efficient so he can outlast him does not mean he is fitter.
No steroid use evidence, where are his big legs or arms?
That is the key to him outlasting Nadal and Murray, not superior fitness. Just like a 45kg marathon runner would do better than a 60kg one.

Nole became fit in 2011, turning point was the loss in that awful USO final vs Nadal when he played second semi vs Fed on Super Saturday.


Same goes for Murray.

Murray could be the fittest atm, but not sure - would have to see him play Nadal on clay.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by luvsports! on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:30 pm

noleisthebest wrote:II saw both their RG 14 and 15 matches live.

In '14, Nole was simply dehydrated, it was exceptionally hot.
He had Nadal on the ropes but was just unlucky in the BP at 4:3 I think.

Had he won the 4th set, the 5th would have been interesting as Nadla was dead, too.

In 15, it was not so hot, they played in the QF, so Nole was fresher and absolutely demolished Nadal in straight sets.

Nadal fought hard in the first set but Nole was on a mission,- his freshness gave him the confidence he did not have before.

Many say Nadal was not himself but not true.

He took a lot out if Nole even in that 3 set match...Nole struggled against Murray in the SF (5 sets over. 2 days, no day of rest before the final) and was tired against Stan in the final.

The one he should have won was with that silly net touch.

But that is the "art" of Nadal's many wins.
Players think they are so close, yet for some reason they are so far.

I think Nadal has always and still is fitter than Nole. 
The fact that Nole is a better player as well as more energy efficient so he can outlast him does not mean he is fitter.
No steroid use evidence, where are his big legs or arms?
That is the key to him outlasting Nadal and Murray, not superior fitness. Just like a 45kg marathon runner would do better than a 60kg one.

Nole became fit in 2011, turning point was the loss in that awful USO final vs Nadal when he played second semi vs Fed on Super Saturday.


Same goes for Murray.

Murray could be the fittest atm, but not sure - would have to see him play Nadal on clay.

Cyclists take steroids nitb. Many work in different ways.

luvsports!

Posts : 3975
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:34 pm

I am talkimg about the steroids that give you big muscles and allow you to pound the ball like crazy, numbing oppomemts' weapons with safe shots ad nauseum.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by bogbrush on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:04 am

Well that has put a spoke in the wheels if all time records. If you're going to reach 17 you really can't afford to squander a Slam where you virtually played as a defending champion in a challenge tournament.

Power does seem to be the key to beating him, or early ball to accomplish a similar effect. The former has given Wawrinka two Slam finals over him, and the latter given Federer a strong h2h record even in the latter years of his career.

bogbrush

Posts : 1075
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by legendkillar on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:18 am

In fairness, many have in the past have squandered Slams. However, only 8 hours of Slam tennis during a Slam isn't the best preparation.

I think Stan is in his head. Especially in a BO5.

legendkillar

Posts : 1881
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Daniel on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:50 am

Variety is the best way to defeat Djokovic.  More people need to stop trying to outrally him or outhit him, because to my mind only 2 people in the game today can do that - Del Potro and Wawrinka.

Daniel

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by gallery play on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:55 am

I believe physically Djoko has 5 more slams in him (if everything goes according plan that is), but i'm not sure he'll be able to cope with the pressure. Each step closer to 17 (or 18) will add  more pressure. His opponants will be aware of that too and will use this in their advantage.

I think this USO could have been a huge step to reach his ultimate goal but now he did not take the title, upcoming AO is quite crucial. I'm curious how he'll end this season. I'm sure he fully wants to maintain his dominancy because he next year he needs  an aura of invincibility more than ever, in order to stay on slam record breaking schedule that is.

Let me put it this way: if he doesn't win the next AO, Fed's record is safe. He still has an outside chance if he does win it.

gallery play

Posts : 2173
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Daniel on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:29 am

As has been repeated numerous times, he would have to completely rip up the book on age v decline at sport and the men's Open Era.  It's nearly impossible he reaches 17 and has been from the start. Some lemons - even on this forum - thought Djokovic was gonna win 4 slams this year and sure of 3. Next season is likely to be 2, 1, or even 0.

Daniel

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by gallery play on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:52 am

Daniel wrote:As has been repeated numerous times, he would have to completely rip up the book on age v decline at sport and the men's Open Era.  It's nearly impossible he reaches 17 and has been from the start. Some lemons - even on this forum - thought Djokovic was gonna win 4 slams this year and sure of 3. Next season is likely to be 2, 1, or even 0.

Well, that one wasn't too far off..

The future is all set isn't it?, your life must be boring Winking

gallery play

Posts : 2173
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Tenez on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:12 am

gallery play wrote:Let me put it this way: if he doesn't win the next AO, Fed's record is safe. He still has an outside chance if he does win it.

That's fair. My main concern is that the guys who prevented him to win more slams were actually older than him.

This is why it is crucial guys like Nishi, Cilic, Delpo step up. they are the ones who can stop Djoko in his tracks like Djoko suddenly stopped Nadal domination.

I still think that with his gruelling physical game, Djoko to win 2 slams a year for the next 3 years is out of his reach.

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djokovic - remaining career

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum