Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Roland Garros Game - first round!

+7
Daniel
legendkillar
luvsports!
N2D2L
AceofDeath
noleisthebest
Tenez
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 2 Empty Re: Roland Garros Game - first round!

Post by noleisthebest Wed May 25, 2016 9:43 am

Order of play for today, some interesting matches:

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/schedule/p_schedule10.pdf

Garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 2 P_schedule10

Nishi-Kuznetsov should be good.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 2 Empty Re: Roland Garros Game - first round!

Post by Tenez Wed May 25, 2016 12:13 pm

Of course she was your kind of player. Light like a fly, stinging like a wasp.

Every shot was make or break.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed May 25, 2016 1:17 pm

Yes, she was a nice, natural player, but I wouldn't say a make or break type.

Sharapova and Henin were both gutsier.

Women's tennis is rarely gutless, anyway. Its downside is simplicity, so I rarely watch(ed) it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed May 25, 2016 3:06 pm

This Bourgue is not bad at all!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed May 25, 2016 3:09 pm

I thought you couldn't better a dripshot+lob combination on clay, but Bourgue just did - he added a great volley on top! Magic

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed May 25, 2016 3:19 pm

wowwww...I peeped into CC to see the french guy making Murray look even less talented!

Pretty cool. Looks like he will have the guts to go all the way....as Murray is pretty tired now.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed May 25, 2016 3:22 pm

I put £10 on him when he was 4.3. Big Grin

ALLEEEEZZZ!!! diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed May 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Tenez wrote:wowwww...I peeped into CC to see the french guy making Murray look even less talented!

Pretty cool. Looks like he will have the guts to go all the way....as Murray is pretty tired now.
Where did he come from?!!!
Never heard.

Would be fantastic if he coud win.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed May 25, 2016 3:59 pm

5th set.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed May 25, 2016 4:18 pm

Bouroge is only 22!

He is doing so well, probably never played a 5th set. I know he is super tired, but imagine if he won!!! 

GO GO GOOOOOOOOOOO! tennisballtennisball 

Garner umpiring as if he is going to get double pay if Murray wins.  Garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 2 706916163

And Murray's body language, c'moning Bourgue's UEs etc is even uglier. He is making his mentor Brad Gilbert blush...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed May 25, 2016 4:23 pm

But again.....phyiscally not up to the level.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed May 25, 2016 4:29 pm

He is dead on his feet but playing so bravely with all he's got, I really like him!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed May 25, 2016 6:59 pm

Disappointing from Pouille.

he was teh better player but played the big points terribly.

A typical Simon's score.....

Court 1
Men's Singles
Round 2
G. Simon [16]
G. Pella
46 16 76 76 64

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed May 25, 2016 7:35 pm

Tenez wrote:Disappointing from Pouille.

he was teh better player but played the big points terribly.
I didn't even know he was playing...he usually does not choke.
Round one and two all blended and made mess of the scheduling.
Tenez wrote:
A typical Simon's score.....

Court 1
Men's Singles
Round 2
G. Simon [16]
G. Pella
46 16 76 76 64
I went to the supermarket when he was 0:2 down in sets , £20 on him and made £27 on top Big Grin

I actually forgot I did and thought bet365 made a mistake when I saw the balance... tongueout

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed May 25, 2016 8:23 pm

good on you. smart but 2 TBs could have gone either way.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed May 25, 2016 8:58 pm

Tenez wrote:good on you. smart but 2 TBs could have gone either way.
They never do with Gillou. He is an amazing player...the way he can cleverly keep the ball in play and move the opponent...
(Unless he plays top4)

What did you think of Bouroge?
When I saw the name I thought he was Spanish or stg, so didn't bother watching till the 4th set.
I was impressed with how much he as able to do, how cool and varied he was, a true tennis player. I really enjoyed watching his game.
"Only" missing fitness.

ps
Rubi didn't even qualify and Chung lost badly in R1.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed May 25, 2016 10:13 pm

I have just read that His was Bouroge's FIRST ATP MATCH!!!!

He only played challengers and futures before. I hope he doesn't disappear into oblivion now.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu May 26, 2016 9:46 am

You mean Bourgue. Yes he is good and has talent. But again, physically he is not in the same league. He doesn't look like he is on something. He looked like another of those 90s player, though I am sure he works very hard in the gym.

It's a strange world. Those guys (stepanek included)are much more skilled than the top player....or rather they play for the game whereas the top players play for money. They may have some talent but simply choose not to rely on it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu May 26, 2016 10:43 am

Tenez wrote:You mean Bourgue. Yes he is good and has talent. But again, physically he is not in the same league. He doesn't look like he is on something. He looked like another of those 90s player, though I am sure he works very hard in the gym.

I liked him a lot!
Just couldn't believe how much game and finesse he already had esp compared to Pouille amd even Paire.
A complete player, but as you said not on anything that could give him "the confidence".
He could've done with slightly quicker feet and that should be achievable with a good fitness coach and a bit of head down work.

Still, he compensated for it with his heart, and that's what impressed me most and completely melted me!
His legs must have felt heavy as lead yet he was hitting the ball faster and better than Murray who really hammered it with his sushi-muscles.

And all that  over 5 sets!

Knowing French tennis federation, they'll give him more support now as it was such a good showing and the well-earnt and justified WC.

Not sure about the potential, but as a player he is already better than Chardy, Benne etc.

Tenez wrote:It's a strange world. Those guys (stepanek  included)are much more skilled than the top player....or rather they play for the game whereas the top players play for money. They may have some talent but simply choose not to rely on it.

Yes...though to be fair, I am sure all or most players (Step incl) are on something.
It's just that that "something" doesn't work the same for all players and doesn't suit everyone's game.
And some simply don't want/can't to play the physical game or punish their bodies.
They are probably happy woth the money they are making and letting the unsatiable ones fight for prey.

I always think of Safin when he said stg like it's below him to run like a rabbit. That's why that whole generation retired "early".

In this era, Stepaneks of this world enjoy life more. I think their balance is wiser.

The very top players fighting for glory....it requires amazing will and work.

I think if Federer was a Russian, he would've retired lomg ago, too. Winking

Last edited by noleisthebest on Thu May 26, 2016 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu May 26, 2016 10:50 am

Money can give you the best doctors and best treatments. That is also an area which has evolved over the last 10 years and a reason why those players with no particular extra talent are doing so well at the top (not only the top 3 but the rest of teh top 10 too).

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu May 26, 2016 10:58 am

Tenez wrote:Money can give you the best doctors and best treatments. That is also an area which has evolved over the last 10 years and a reason why those players with no particular extra talent are doing so well at the top (not only the top 3 but the rest of teh top 10 too).

Yes, and a reason why younger players are struggling to catch up. Only talent is on their side, which is good...as this new wave of players is quite decent despite not having results to show for.
Though, watching this ex-junior no 1 Brit player in our club who is now in a US college (just came back for a holiday, Rubi's contemporary), he is so dull.
Not to mention he's already had a back surgery...

All the time and effort over there has gone into hitting the ball harder, nothing else.

His tennis is basically hit CC as hard as possible until the other guy's arm falls off.

He is a min 190-2/3 cm tall, puffs air when hitting the ball, strains at every shot but his height is helping him a lot.

That's now American/British school of tennis.
All modelled on Murray.

So their advantage is height and time they had with modern technology from day one.

But the downside - no flair and no variety.

I am  glad it's different in France.
Not sure about Spain or Argentina.

East Europeams are a mixed bag, too.

We'll see...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu May 26, 2016 1:03 pm

Pretty ugly those zebra shirts. I am looking forward to see the first idiot in my club wearing it.

I kind of understand and maybe like the idea....but this big black patch at the back makes it look really ugly. and the zebra pattern itself is not greatly designed.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu May 26, 2016 1:40 pm

Tenez wrote:Pretty ugly those zebra shirts. I am looking forward to see the first idiot in my club wearing it.

I kind of understand and maybe like the idea....but this big black patch at the back makes it look really ugly. and the zebra pattern itself is not greatly designed.

Haven't had a chance to see any tennis today, will tune in now.

I LOVE zebras!

Such interestig and funky animals. Particularly fascinated with their habits and black&white design, so different from ANYTHING else God has made.

I can understand why Adidas tried it.

Didn't pay attention to the details of how well they have pulled it off.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu May 26, 2016 2:08 pm

Tenez wrote:Pretty ugly those zebra shirts. I am looking forward to see the first idiot in my club wearing it.

Laugh

Take note of whose fan he/she is! Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu May 26, 2016 2:09 pm

Nole-Darcis is boring....though I like Darcis, old school, just a bad match-up!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu May 26, 2016 2:12 pm

Baghdats - Tsonga. Should be a good match, more evenly balanced.

Tsonga looks he has shed his zebra hide he wore in R1.

So now he and Baghdatis are wearing the same: black...

Just like Nole & Darcis - black and red...

They should make a rule like in football to wear different colours.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu May 26, 2016 3:55 pm

RG pretty flat so far.

Only Bourgue managed to light it up yesterday.

Poor Tsonga even changed into his zebra tshirt - but no luck...the crowd, like grey skies in Paris are only putting more weight on his shoulders...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu May 26, 2016 5:20 pm

Well, looks like zebra shirt has turned Tsonga's luck from black to white, chased away the clouds and awakened the crowd!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu May 26, 2016 10:30 pm

I would not have minded Baggy to win. Anyway, I agree, besides seeing the top 3 losing I m not sure what could excite me in tennis nowadays.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu May 26, 2016 10:50 pm

Did you watch he match? Baggy had many chances, he left the court gutted.

The draw is looking more interesting now, hopefully we'll have better matches.

I look forward to Tsonga-Gulbis.

Wouldn't mind another Nole-Stan final.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu May 26, 2016 11:17 pm

I want a Nishi Ferrer final!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 27, 2016 2:41 pm

Richie-Kyrgios lookng a bit flat with Kyrgios trying his best to behave like a good boy.

Verdasco just showed why, despite a great talent doesn't win much: he unnecessarily volleyed standing in the tramlines. No brain-no gain!

Fortunately, he didn't miss.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri May 27, 2016 3:55 pm

5th set vs nishi. Kyrgios 2 sets down :/

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 27, 2016 5:14 pm

Very high level tennis between Stan and Chardy.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 27, 2016 5:33 pm

Wawrink is playing as well as in the final last year.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 27, 2016 5:40 pm

Wilander saying that teh only player Djoko might fear is Stan.

I think Nishi is the other one.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 27, 2016 5:45 pm

Wilander: "when it comes to Federer, no-one comes close to him". About the void he is going to leave when he retires!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 27, 2016 7:18 pm

no coming back from Simon this time.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 27, 2016 7:29 pm

Yes, but despite being half-dead, he is still allez-ing himself, walking tall in the changeover, not calling a trainer, not retiring...giving crowd hope.

I love it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri May 27, 2016 7:40 pm

And the crowd gives Gillou ovation as he leaves the court...and empties my bet365 budget as I put all I earnt in the last three days on him... Wah/Laugh

But...non, je ne regrette rien! Bubbly

Of course, happy for Viktor, he is a bit raw, but very good natured and has a big heart. Stan next!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat May 28, 2016 1:08 pm

Just managed to see Thiem-Zverev match point!

Thiem mentioning "Rafa" in his on court interview...a bit odd, no?

Unless he was scheduled to play him in the next round...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat May 28, 2016 1:16 pm

What is it nowadays with mens players hugging and cuddling each others instead of the normal hand shake at the end of the match?

Nole started it, isn't it?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat May 28, 2016 1:23 pm

I thought the same...sometimes they even change  shirts...Garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 2 2355573927

Don't know who started it, but it's plain stupid...just like clapping opponent's good shots.

The only "novelty" I welcome is post-match celebration...quite creative and character revealing.

From Nole's (ex)shirt-ripping, Tsonga's happy twirling, Murray's understatedness...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat May 28, 2016 9:16 pm

Wow, the Parisiens have fallen in love with Nole!

This 2016 is getting crazier by the minute!  Garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 2 3242797351

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat May 28, 2016 10:49 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Wow, the Parisiens have fallen in love with Nole!

This 2016 is getting crazier by the minute!  Garros - Roland Garros Game - first round! - Page 2 3242797351

v Bedene? No choice really! Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofDeath Sat May 28, 2016 11:44 pm

Exactly Tenez, I imagine if Djokovic plays Wawrinka/Thiem he won't get the most support because of his personality and how he plays.

50/50 who Paris crowd will root for between him and Murray.

AceofDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat May 28, 2016 11:59 pm

Killjoys!

It was TRUE love...today! Grr

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun May 29, 2016 1:53 pm

Stan looking very beatable.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun May 29, 2016 2:19 pm

Both Stan and Viktor hitting the ball as hard as possible.
The player who doesn't have his feet planted inch perfect loses the point.
It will soon become physically unsustainable.

What's that got to do with tennis?

Unless somehing changes, I predict in 10-20 years time players will be jumping when they hit the ball.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun May 29, 2016 2:58 pm

And it's Troicki, the convicted doper, that runs out of steam first.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next