Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
federer - Federer looking to retire after last nights result?? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
federer - Federer looking to retire after last nights result?? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
federer - Federer looking to retire after last nights result?? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
federer - Federer looking to retire after last nights result?? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
federer - Federer looking to retire after last nights result?? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
federer - Federer looking to retire after last nights result?? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
federer - Federer looking to retire after last nights result?? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
federer - Federer looking to retire after last nights result?? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
federer - Federer looking to retire after last nights result?? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Federer looking to retire after last nights result??

4 posters

Go down

federer - Federer looking to retire after last nights result?? Empty Federer looking to retire after last nights result??

Post by Veejay Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Federer: “Will talk to my team and decide if I should play more, practice more or not play at all. I don’t know what to expect right now”
To Swiss press

Veejay

Back to top Go down

federer - Federer looking to retire after last nights result?? Empty Re: Federer looking to retire after last nights result??

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Yes it shows clearly he still has health issue. Sad really.

Retire? I doubt seriously....not yet until he tries one of those 3 options.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

federer - Federer looking to retire after last nights result?? Empty Re: Federer looking to retire after last nights result??

Post by Veejay Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:11 pm

I think Roger will retire at the end of next season,especially if his season  is similar or worse this year
I dont know how he is going to bounce back from this season,he just doesnt stand a chance against all these other drugs cheats unless he starts doping

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:13 pm

Despite the injury, last night's loss was bad.

He played some sublime tennis only to see the set slip out of his hands. His backhand esp on return than deteriorated rapidly and it was a miracle it still was a close match.

Federer would have come into that match full of H2H confidence and left without much/any at the end of it.

I'd be really demoralised in his position seeing "energised" Robredo win that match.

I hope he can heal both his body and soul and come back soon, when he is ready.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:37 pm

I just read another part of his interview last night:

"It’s always been a fine line, especially in the beginning of my career when I didn’t have the results to back me up. People thought, ‘Did he even try? Does he care much? Like, he can play so well. Is it so terrible?’ Now, with the results, I know you don’t believe that so much. That’s the good thing. The story of my life: When I lose, people are shell-shocked to see me play this way. If I win, it’s the best thing. But there’s no doubt about it, I’m trying hard out there trying to make it work. Sometimes it just doesn’t happen."

I find it so sad that he had to say it, even among the journalists, there is probably a big anti Fed brigade and he must feel those vibes though their barbed retirement etc questions all the time. 
Some of them are real morons.
I don't like Roddick very much, but hat off for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDFW-unhTVg

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:59 pm

Last night was tough and Federer really is floundering mentally...  much of his presser was typical "coach speak" which he's a master at...  lots of clichés about working harder, coming back stonger- but I also sensed he really is searching... There is  some fire left in him though... this is a quote from his French Presser.

You are an instinctive and prodigiously gifted player. When timing leaves you, and you hit the ball so "slowly" (or "softly"?), aren't you a bit disillusioned?

Maybe. And on the other hand, it's the enitre story of my life: proving, give reason or make wrong. People think "Is he really trying? Is he implicated enough? Does he still want it? Is it so terrible? He's capable to play so well..." With this result, I know you won't believe in me anymore . I have no doubt about it, I see it. But I can assure you that I work hard. I'm trying everything in my power, and I will continue.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down