Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Will Nadal ever win a Tour Finals title?
LIST: PLAYERS WHO SHOULD RETIRE EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:49 pm by Daniel2

» I Just Can't Help Believing!
LIST: PLAYERS WHO SHOULD RETIRE EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:18 pm by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
LIST: PLAYERS WHO SHOULD RETIRE EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
LIST: PLAYERS WHO SHOULD RETIRE EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
LIST: PLAYERS WHO SHOULD RETIRE EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
LIST: PLAYERS WHO SHOULD RETIRE EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
LIST: PLAYERS WHO SHOULD RETIRE EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
LIST: PLAYERS WHO SHOULD RETIRE EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
LIST: PLAYERS WHO SHOULD RETIRE EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

LIST: PLAYERS WHO SHOULD RETIRE

5 posters

Go down

LIST: PLAYERS WHO SHOULD RETIRE Empty LIST: PLAYERS WHO SHOULD RETIRE

Post by N2D2L Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:19 pm

IT'S TIME to make a list of tennis players who should retire because they've chosen the wrong career/sport. 

This isn't a list of players who are going to retire due to normal retirement reasons (generally above a certain age or injury ended career), so thus the rule is all players on this list are below 30. This also gives the players a chance to perhaps take up another sport while they're still young.

LIST:

GIRGOR DIMITROV
MILOS RAONIC
DUSAN LAJOVIC

List will be updated with time, if you have any suggestions do say them.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

LIST: PLAYERS WHO SHOULD RETIRE Empty Re: LIST: PLAYERS WHO SHOULD RETIRE

Post by noleisthebest Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:27 pm

Here is a list of players who must not retire:

Federer
Nadal

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:32 pm

Good start of a list!

Not sure about lajovic...was he once a promising player?

Wait for dimi and Rao to peak though first. One lacks confidence, the other is returning from injury.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:42 pm

Lajovic is a total LIGHTWEIGHT, I've seen him play a few times, he needs to go.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:58 am

Nadal
Federer
Ferrer

Dimitrov and Raonic are players who will improve.  Nadal is a has been.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:08 am

YOu want fed to retire??? What is wrong with you.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:23 pm

FedererKing wrote:Nadal
Federer
Ferrer

Dimitrov and Raonic are players who will improve.  Nadal is a has been.
You gotta READ the OP FK  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Rules: You can't include players who would retire due to normal reasons (old age, long term injury). This list is for people who made the wrong choice in choosing tennis as a career.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:52 pm

According to FK, a player has to retire the day of his 26th birthday......No one should win slams after 27. Happens that we have no-one that young won a slam this year!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:47 pm

I did read the OP and deliberately ignored the rules smiley  In any case, listing Raonic and Dimitrov is wrong because they have yet to show their best.  Not to mention how much money they've made through tennis and where they are in the rankings.  It's a bit absurd to say they chose wrong profession and should retire.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:59 pm

(Yes Im well aware, these are just players I think are either extremely over-hyped or players I rate as very poor; but I'm Donald Trump and thus declare they should simply retire) 

There's nothing left for Raonic and Dimitrov to show. Dimitrov can't hit a backhand, and Raonic would probably move faster in a wheelchair. These incompetent clowns have no potential. 

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:11 pm

DONALD TRUMP wrote:(Yes Im well aware, these are just players I think are either extremely over-hyped or players I rate as very poor; but I'm Donald Trump and thus declare they should simply retire) 

There's nothing left for Raonic and Dimitrov to show. Dimitrov can't hit a backhand, and Raonic would probably move faster in a wheelchair. These incompetent clowns have no potential. 
Laugh

though I am pretty sure those 2 will surprise you soon.

However I agree with the new players coming, they are unlikely to win many slams.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:48 pm

Ha Donald. He can't hit a bh? But you said it was his best shot :P . Certainly better than the fh, because it, can handle the nadal fh better....

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:13 pm

luvsports! wrote:Ha Donald. He can't hit a bh? But you said it was his best shot :P . Certainly better than the fh, because it, can handle the nadal fh better....
I remember having that debate with you a while back, and I was clearly WRONG. One of only two mistakes I've ever made while analysing tennis.

However to be fair to me, his backhand has deteriorated, I was impressed by it in 2013 when it stood up well to Nadal's forehand in Monte Carlo and then he beat Djokovic in Madrid and was explosive of both FH and BH. 
I've watched him a bit this year though and it's turned into a real liability, even some random small event was on Eurosport and Dimitrov was losing to someone crap and getting bullied on his backhand. 

And even if his backhand gets better again, he's still mentally appalling. So therefore it's advisable he just retires.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:25 pm

DONALD TRUMP wrote:
luvsports! wrote:Ha Donald. He can't hit a bh? But you said it was his best shot :P . Certainly better than the fh, because it, can handle the nadal fh better....
I remember having that debate with you a while back, and I was clearly WRONG. One of only two mistakes I've ever made while analysing tennis.

However to be fair to me, his backhand has deteriorated, I was impressed by it in 2013 when it stood up well to Nadal's forehand in Monte Carlo and then he beat Djokovic in Madrid and was explosive of both FH and BH. 
I've watched him a bit this year though and it's turned into a real liability, even some random small event was on Eurosport and Dimitrov was losing to someone crap and getting bullied on his backhand. 

And even if his backhand gets better again, he's still mentally appalling. So therefore it's advisable he just retires.

you never make predictions so you are clearly not confident in your analysis...as when you do some analysis you are 95% times wrong.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:31 pm

Tenez wrote:

you never make predictions so you are clearly not confident in your analysis...as when you do some analysis you are 95% times wrong.
I'm always right (apart from twice), and you're nearly always wrong. Perhaps you can give up analysis as a hobby and go into part time work as a professional tennis player; your backhand is probably already better than Dimitrov's so that's a great start there already.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:12 am

You don't actually believe you've been wrong only twice, I hope haha?

You hardly ever give definite predictions and all your posts are full of double meanings.  Due to that, what you write is never taken seriously and may as well not even be there.

Last edited by FedererKing on Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:13 am

Well again I was right today.....federer beat your man......and I was right and you were wrong also when you thought Fed was finished in 2013 thinking age and not his back was the problem (was that part of your 2 wrongs? cause I can list many more wrong analysis of yours....).

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:46 am

Predicting Federer to beat Nadal today was a really brave prediction, credit when credit's due.
As for Federer, I never thought he was finished.

Anyway this thread is meant to be about players who should retire, not about predictions. Unless one of us says a player should retire and then he wins a Slam. But that won't happen in this case.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:59 am

DONALD TRUMP wrote:

Donald Trump never admits to being wrong. He double, triple and quadruples down!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down