Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Time for Nadal, Tier 1 GOAT, to retire, take up wheelchair doubles, and get back to winning ways EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Time for Nadal, Tier 1 GOAT, to retire, take up wheelchair doubles, and get back to winning ways EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Time for Nadal, Tier 1 GOAT, to retire, take up wheelchair doubles, and get back to winning ways EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Time for Nadal, Tier 1 GOAT, to retire, take up wheelchair doubles, and get back to winning ways EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Time for Nadal, Tier 1 GOAT, to retire, take up wheelchair doubles, and get back to winning ways EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Time for Nadal, Tier 1 GOAT, to retire, take up wheelchair doubles, and get back to winning ways EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Time for Nadal, Tier 1 GOAT, to retire, take up wheelchair doubles, and get back to winning ways EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Time for Nadal, Tier 1 GOAT, to retire, take up wheelchair doubles, and get back to winning ways EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Time for Nadal, Tier 1 GOAT, to retire, take up wheelchair doubles, and get back to winning ways EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Time for Nadal, Tier 1 GOAT, to retire, take up wheelchair doubles, and get back to winning ways

5 posters

Go down

Time for Nadal, Tier 1 GOAT, to retire, take up wheelchair doubles, and get back to winning ways Empty Time for Nadal, Tier 1 GOAT, to retire, take up wheelchair doubles, and get back to winning ways

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Unfortunately it pains me to say it, but I think Nadal's days as a top player in the singles able bodied circuit is over.

He has had a glorious career no doubt, surpassing the expectations of all his fans and haters. I remember thinking in 2010 Australian Open QF, when he retired against Murray, that I would be glad if he went from 6 slams (which he was on at the time) to 9 slams- and I remember thinking to myself I'd be ecstatic if he ever reached double digits.
Well reach that he did, but not only that but throughout his career he managed to win 14 Grand Slams, which put him joint second with Sampras in terms of overall Grand Slam singles titles won. He's also dominated the French Open to scary levels, winning 9 titles there in his whole career. Beating Nadal on his prime in the French Open still probably the hardest achievement ever in all sports. Maybe.
But anyway, he has succeeded all expectations and has become a tier one GOAT; despite incredibly hard competition and injuries nearly ruining his career.

I sometimes compare Nadal haters now happy at Nadal's decline like the Trojan soldiers with a fire extinguisher in his hand saying: "I've finally put the fire out, there's no fire in sight here in the city of Troy !" The problem for the Trojan soldier, is that the city of Troy had already been burned down to the ground.

Anyway on that great quote by me, I think it's time for Nadal to move on with his career and retire. Not much point playing now, considering he can't beat the likes of Berrer, and Coric. At this rate he may even lose to someone really embarrassing, maybe some players who he has a great H2H against. Nevertheless wheelchair doubles should bring great joy for Nadal. Picking his bum between points will be difficult in the wheelchair, but he'll be in a better position to arrange his water bottles.

Vamos !

Kim Jong-Un

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Time for Nadal, Tier 1 GOAT, to retire, take up wheelchair doubles, and get back to winning ways Empty Re: Time for Nadal, Tier 1 GOAT, to retire, take up wheelchair doubles, and get back to winning ways

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:56 pm

I can see you're finding it hard to accept today's loss gracefully, Kimmy!
You are probably more worried about it than Nadal...so long as his losses are making headlines - he is still in business.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Time for Nadal, Tier 1 GOAT, to retire, take up wheelchair doubles, and get back to winning ways Empty Re: Time for Nadal, Tier 1 GOAT, to retire, take up wheelchair doubles, and get back to winning ways

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:22 pm

No I'm very graceful, I've taken this loss very gracefully.

Am not worried about the loss, just want to give some friendly advice to Nadal, he really needs it.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:56 pm

Nadal is now officially huge underdog in every single tournament he enters for the rest of his career.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:07 am

Nadal is not declining....His doctors are though!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:43 am

Your act is so old Amri- even fellow fanatics like haddie are tired of the jinxing. We all know that you fully expect nadal to be dominating at some point and all you are doing is setting it up so you can scream with amazement that nadal has come back from your stated end of his career once again. Stop with the able bodied circuit nonsense too. Nadal says he's fit and motivated. He had his appendix taken out for goodness sakes. Half the players on tour have bad backs, bad knees,etc. Injuries take their toll on everyone including all around goat federer.

Once again nadal is unable to defend one non clay court title. Amazing stat for someone that his fans claim is an all around goat and not just a clay goat.

The injuries racking up are of his own doing anyway. I said during his last brief period of actual all court successs either his doctors had broken through and created a Peds cocktail that didn't need a down cycle or he was taking a real chance of accelerating his bodies breakdown. I've seen it plenty of times. In a quest for quicker and quicker peaks with the Peds, and athlete doesn't let the body recover and cycle down, resulting in greater and greater doping which eventfully backfires on the body breaking down and the Peds not helping anymore take the athlete above his natural abilities. That's what we are seeing now. Nadal has overdone it and body is rejecting the poison. That and rust will leave him in a reduced state for awhile. If he goes clean, he might stop his hair loss which is an obvious sign he's been poisoning his body the past few years and he might even be able to get in a decent natural shape. He can remain a top 10 player for a couple more years.

i know amri and fellow fanatics are desperate to hang onto the few stats like h2h and win% that they can hang their hat on now. They don't want to see him allow those to drift downward like every other great except Borg because they played past their prime, but how selfish of you. Allow nadal to play his carreer out and then see where he ranks.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:59 am

I am not surprised.

Strange for a player you consider "1 tier goat" to be scared of competing to extent of not wanting to play a slam even though he is not injured (except the ego, of course).

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:16 am

Truffin-
Firstly about me and Haddie. Look we are good friends, but like all good friendships we have our highs and our lows. Unfortunately our friendship at this moment in time is cycling down, but maybe soon it will cycle up.
Anyway the reason she's angry at me is because I'm not enough of a loyal and passionate Nadal fan, not anything else. Maybe she's right.

Secondly you've gone back to your old habit of labelling people with insulting names totally unprovoked. I've not even referred to you in this thread, and yet you come out with a personal attack against me.
I could easily say you're a fanatic, you clearly despise Nadal beyond belief, so you're a Nadal hating fanatic. See, very easy to call people names.

Thirdly I don't know if you've noticed but he has lots of hair on his head at the moment. I can give you pictures, but I've never seen his head with so much hair for a while.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:11 pm

truffin1 wrote: He can remain a top 10 player for a couple more years.

No chance if he gets clean or slightly out of shape. That's where you and I disagree. Berrer is 127 in the world. Nadal has no talent nor mental strength compared to the rest of the field. It's all about the muscles and the rest of his career will prove that cause despite having access to all the available science, it won't be enough!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:55 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:Truffin-
Firstly about me and Haddie. Look we are good friends, but like all good friendships we have our highs and our lows. Unfortunately our friendship at this moment in time is cycling down, but maybe soon it will cycle up.
Anyway the reason she's angry at me is because I'm not enough of a loyal and passionate Nadal fan, not anything else. Maybe she's right.

Secondly you've gone back to your old habit of labelling people with insulting names totally unprovoked. I've not even referred to you in this thread, and yet you come out with a personal attack against me.
I could easily say you're a fanatic, you clearly despise Nadal beyond belief, so you're a Nadal hating fanatic. See, very easy to call people names.

Thirdly I don't know if you've noticed but he has lots of hair on his head at the moment. I can give you pictures, but I've never seen his head with so much hair for a while.

Plugs... he was losing the heck out of it last year... You do realize that if he was "naturally balding" he wouldn't suddenly have more hair than before :-)  The fact that you can see that it's changing should tell you that he was losing it for unnatural reasons.    I mean it's staring you in the face.  A guy with a family of pompadour hairdos, from a area of the world that has lower rates of baldness-  and who is dogged by accusations from insiders, , media, and of course haters of Peds Abuse-    is going bald as early as 25 yrs old--   and balding in a young man is a classic side effect of Peds abuse... hmmmm..

I hardly despise Nadal. he's a tennis player for goodness sakes who I don't know.  I've known many athletes many who I love, many who I didn't like personally, but I've never hated someone that I just see from afar.  I dislike what I know to be his doping and cheating.   Just because he does those things though doesn't mean he's a bad person or someone I hate.  Good people do lots of "bad" things to get an edge in the business or athletic world.  He might just be a good guy who has been raised in a culture and mentored by people who have led him to do anything including dope to succeed.   it is what it is. 

Calling you a fanatic isn't an insult, it's simply what you are.  You are a fan of someone to an extreme and with excessive zeal. The very definition of fanatic. I am one too, but I come from a point of actual knowledge of the sport and athletes.   The fact that you spend countless hours of time posting on multiple forums about your favorite player, respond within minutes usually if someone posts about your favorite player (good or bad) pretty much fits the exact definition of a fanatic. Take it as a good thing. You are an extreme fan of the guy. It's just you don't don't what your talking about more often than not.

btw- what are your "inside sources" at the "highest levels of the atp" telling you this year about the speed of the AO?  Lightening fast like last year?

Last edited by truffin1 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:58 pm

btw- Amri-  not that I want to be accused of disliking Nadal- 

I saw the replay of the match last night-- what horrible sportsmanship and gamesmanship from Nadal.  I didn't see it reported so didn't know about it until I watched the match, but what turd behaviour-  delaying and trying to aggravate his opponent once he started losing.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:09 pm

truffin wrote:You do realize that if he was "naturally balding" he wouldn't suddenly have more hair than before :-)
Hair loss and then growth can actually occur in circles can't it ?

truffin wrote:The very definition of fanatic. I am one too
OK if you want to say you're a fanatic too, you can.

truffin wrote:I saw the replay of the match last night--
I didn't watch the last game which is what I think you're referring to, but I don't think anyway that Nadal is one of the best sportsman in the world. He's one of the best players, but certainly in the top 100 itself I can think of better sportsmen. Same applies for most top players actually, the best sportsman from what I've seen tend to be lower down in the rankings.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:43 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:
I didn't watch the last game which is what I think you're referring to, but I don't think anyway that Nadal is one of the best sportsman in the world. He's one of the best players, but certainly in the top 100 itself I can think of better sportsmen. Same applies for most top players actually, the best sportsman from what I've seen tend to be lower down in the rankings.

Well. Looks like you have given up the fight....under the tons of evidence.

Not so long ago you were still praising him for his fairness.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:
truffin wrote:You do realize that if he was "naturally balding" he wouldn't suddenly have more hair than before :-)
Hair loss and then growth can actually occur in circles can't it ?

truffin wrote:The very definition of fanatic. I am one too
OK if you want to say you're a fanatic too, you can.

truffin wrote:I saw the replay of the match last night--
No, Amri- hair loss from natural male pattern loss does not just grow back in a cycle..  smh...  I wish it did!!   Once again, you just don't know what you are talking about.
He could be using rogaine or propecia (though I think both would not be good for an athlete at his level to use).  I think propecia was even on banned substance list at one point That could recreate regrowth..

or he could regain it with hair transplant/plugs-- which frankly- is a possibility since he was out of sight for awhile with his various other surgerys..

or!!!   he was balding from an extremely young age to be balding for the usual reasons young athletes bald- doping.

and yes--  short of rogaine, propecia, transplant....    the other way to regrow hair is if you are doper to cycle down or get off the stuff, and your body will recover some of it

Much like a cancer patient who loses their hair- its basically a symptom of poisoning the body.   Once the treaments are over, the hair comes back.

IF you are telling me that after all these years of Nadal clearly losing more and more hair (in his 20's :-))  and now you think he has regrown the hair-  then in my view- he's off the dope which could explain his losses.  or he did it medically.  One way of the other- you need to choose.. but it's not a natural regrowth. No way.

Last edited by truffin1 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:50 pm

Tenez wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:

Well. Looks like you have given up the fight....under the tons of evidence.

Not so long ago you were still praising him for his fairness.
Nope I've always been consistent, I've never said he's one of the best sportsman in the world.
Don't you remember a few years ago by argument for the Edberg Award ? I said then that Ferrer and Tsonga are more worthy winners than Federer Nadal, and that I think the best sportsman are probably not even in the top 100.

I stick by that.
However Nadal haters spend time trying to make it seem like he is evil like Kim Jong-Un, and constantly single him out.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:58 pm

You're speaking as if he went bald, his head never lost that much hair Truffin.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eps8Lx1ki4
1.35 interview he looks like he's losing hair here.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:33 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:You're speaking as if he went bald, his head never lost that much hair Truffin.

Omg Amri- he's not going to lose hair like a cancer patient- I never said that.

Dopers just don't have it fall out in clumps.   It happens exactly like it has for Nadal.. slow but steady loss.    If you can't even admit the guy has been balding since his early 20's then you really are too far gone off the blind end.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:43 pm

LS, the photo used at the 3:00 minute mark is photoshopped, I know this because I've seen the original photo.

Truffin, let's see how Nadal's hair does- hopefully it stays like it is now and he doesn't go bald.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:46 pm

THe interview when he is talking about doping his hair looks a lot more... sparse. 
That's what i was referring to when i said the "interview". When Truffin brought it up I remember that part of the video, nothing else was related to hair.... lol

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:47 pm

Cos it's combed that way innit

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:50 pm

Obvs you won't budge but it does look a lot thinner.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:08 pm

What point are you trying to make? 
In that interview he looks like he is losing hair. 
Lots of athletes lose hair from drug use.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:12 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:You're speaking as if he went bald, his head never lost that much hair Truffin.

Even I noticed a big balding patch on the back/top of his head yesterday.
That's probably why he is wearing his hair shorter and shorter which is better, anyway, almost the same as Fed now.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:20 pm

Amri won't see anything that doesn't fit into his "theory"    

If you point to Nadal being bald, suddenly Amri sees he has a magical regrowth... smh.. only a true fan....at..nevermind.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:58 am

luvsports! wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eps8Lx1ki4
1.35 interview he looks like he's losing hair here.
It's funny to see all those comments from people who can't see the sarcasm from Durian.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:49 pm

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=nadal+balding&id=098D404EE1038304191A3E62B85EE3BEBD16DABB&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=2A7E30284CA20A46BBDEDCA22ABE643E750E8FE9&selectedIndex=2

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=nadal+balding&id=098D404EE1038304191A3E62B85EE3BEBD16DABB&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=ED82449646DADF2C016CD96F648A179F5451AA3D&selectedIndex=15

Nice how his bandanna in your picts hides the thinning front isn't it :-)

Amri- you know the kid has been going bald since his mid 20's. It's not like its even debatable.  You even said this year you have never seen that much hair on his head which means that you recognize he's had thinning hair before..  

The fact you can't even let this go borders on comical and certainly shows a fanat....  nevermind :-)

Again- lets say you are correct and suddenly he has more hair.  Fine. but that doesn't help your case a bit. 
I'll say it again-  a person going naturally bald can not regain hair unless through medical procedure or the two medicines out there for it.

A person on peds can regain hair by stopping the peds and letting the body detox.

Either Nadal is off of Peds which would explain why you see him as now someone that has a level that needs to retire,

OR- he had transplants or is on medicine..  Fine- he's regrown hair that way---  take your pick

If he's on Peds- the medicines wouldn't help regrow hair, but he could get a transplant to help mask the problem... but Nadal would never use a medical procedure to mask doping............  ;-)

Last edited by truffin1 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:53 pm

OK I think you're right, maybe his bandana hides it.
I'll try and find some pictures of him now without the bandana to get a better view.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:07 pm

OK I've seen some other pictures, and I'll be honest- I simply can't tell either way.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:48 pm

you as a man are telling me that you don't recognize this as balding?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=nadal+balding&FORM=IQFRBA&id=ED82449646DADF2C016CD96F648A179F5451AA3D&selectedIndex=0#view=detail&id=95A3CE815F86610203BD21CB6791314AFF03F0BD&selectedIndex=5

or are you saying you do know he was balding in the past but you think he's regained hair?

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:18 pm

I'm not sure I would count that as balding, I've seen many men his age with far less hair on their head.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:58 pm

Maybe Nadal's just finally abandoned a really over zealous hairdresser.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:09 pm

It's definitely getting thinner and less full from those Truffin's pics.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:14 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:I'm not sure I would count that as balding, I've seen many men his age with far less hair on their head.

omg Amri-- I really give up.

It's amazing what fandom does to a person eye sight.  smh

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down