Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The doping program joke of the ITF!!!

+22
Jahu
gallery play
AceofDeath
sphairistike
Polly 81
Tenez
Autumnleaf
truffin1
bluenose
Daniel
SayonaRa
N2D2L
Gable70
Larry Ellison
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
laverfan
legendkillar
paulcz
BlueClay
Veejay
noleisthebest
luvsports!
26 posters

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The doping program joke of the ITF!!!

Post by luvsports! Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:39 pm

Kim is rather rotund no?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The doping program joke of the ITF!!!

Post by N2D2L Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:41 pm

luvsports! wrote:Kim is rather rotund no?
No, everyone else is just too thin.

http://global3.memecdn.com/hes-not-fat-hes-just-big-boned-kim-jong-un_o_718118.jpg

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:49 pm

Great haircut as well.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:29 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:
Autumnleaf wrote:He must be the most hated player of all time for sure. NITB called Nadal the death of tennis and he might be in a very real sense.
Hah! Only because of some upset Federer fans who cry over the Slam H2H between Federer and Nadal, and spend huge amounts of time making excuses for it to try and compensate for it.
Nadal is loved by many, his popularity is huge especially among the younger generations.

From what I've seen, Nadal fans are either little blokes, or fat 50+ women...
Laugh

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:24 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:
Autumnleaf wrote:He must be the most hated player of all time for sure. NITB called Nadal the death of tennis and he might be in a very real sense.
Hah! Only because of some upset Federer fans who cry over the Slam H2H between Federer and Nadal, and spend huge amounts of time making excuses for it to try and compensate for it.
Nadal is loved by many, his popularity is huge especially among the younger generations.

Kim, I would never argue that Nadal is not popular, he surely is the second most beloved player besides the most hated. I also don't think that there is any generational gap, just personal preference.

However the point still stands: he is easily the most hated player too, which doesn't exclude popularity among a different target group. Please don't presume you know the reasons why people dislike Nadal. There may well be people who dislike him because he cost Fed so many slams, but I doubt it's the majority. I dislike him a lot, but I have argued many times that he has enhanced Fed's legacy in a way, so why would I dislike him for that per se? It's very different reasons, but I understand that Nadal fans comfort themselves with that thought. They cannot imagine that people might have a different view of him.

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:31 pm

I don't dislike Nadal cause he ruined Federer's slam count. I don;t like nadal because of the way he did it.

I woudl support Nadal over Federer had he more talent. I told you so many times didn't I?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:37 pm

Difference between dislike and hatred.
From the observations I've made, people can dislike Nadal or his game for many reasons- it is defensive, he doesn't have a SHBH, or they may dislike his personality because he doesn't say anything controversial/exciting in interviews.
However in terms of people who hate him- the vast majority do so because he kept beating Federer in Slams. It's quite funny too how people even pretend otherwise, and make up shoddy excuses.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:53 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:Difference between dislike and hatred.
From the observations I've made, people can dislike Nadal or his game for many reasons- it is defensive, he doesn't have a SHBH, or they may dislike his personality because he doesn't say anything controversial/exciting in interviews.
However in terms of people who hate him- the vast majority do so because he kept beating Federer in Slams. It's quite funny too how people even pretend otherwise, and make up shoddy excuses.
Nah, the only reason to hate Nadal (still as a tennis player, not a person, mind you) is in context of this thread, i.e. because he is seen as a cheat. If I had even the slightest belief that his achievements are legit, I'd be ok with him. Unfortunately I don't and instead believe that he is a player who pushed physicality to a new, never before seen level using nefarious means and thereby he forced other players to keep up there and imitate him.

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:00 pm

Yep, that demonstrates what I'm saying.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:14 pm

Autumnleaf wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:Difference between dislike and hatred.
Nah, the only reason to hate Nadal (still as a tennis player, not a person, mind you) is in context of this thread, i.e. because he is seen as a cheat. If I had even the slightest belief that his achievements are legit, I'd be ok with him. Unfortunately I don't and instead believe that he is a player who pushed physicality to a new, never before seen level using nefarious means and thereby he forced other players to keep up there and imitate him.
Same here...but even if he was legit...his extra time taking wasn't and that was crucial to his wins as well.

It;s the whole thing that comes with the player which i find difficlt to like.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:14 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:Yep, that demonstrates what I'm saying.
How so, Kim?

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:56 pm

Piecing together some hard hitting questions for the ITF in Roehampton about the Odesnik saga. Very excited.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:01 pm

Be brave and keep us posted!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:05 pm

The annoying thing is that I need to be smart and not go all guns blazing. It has to be measured and respectful which is not what I want to do but if I want to get an interview it has to be done.
Sucks that that is the case.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:18 pm

I once heard that if you want to criticise, for every point you raise you need to say 5 good things first.
I wouldn't know, as I'm not good at beating about the bush....
but still think it's possible to find balance without compromising integrity.

You can always mention Fuentes case innocently, as that's legit...what were you thinking of asking?

Don't worry, you'll be fine!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:28 pm

Haha that first point is probably very true! Shucks.

Fuentes may set alarm bells ringing. That would be a last question.

Mainly about odesnik and why his ban was reduced to a year in 2010 after his so called "assistance".

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:34 pm

Yes, Odesnik case is very interesting...realistically, nobody wants to know the truth, they wouldn't know what to do with it, which is why everyone's happier to keep their heads in the sand and pretend all's  well.

What intrigues me is why this sudden drastic 15 year ban?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:45 pm

Usually second offences are much harsher i.e. Ricco (cyclist) for 12 years. 
But it is almost double the length of the ban Puerta received 8 years (later reduced to 2 years by cas) for his second violation, so yes it is very interesting!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:46 pm

Also just lol at this. The lesson is kids, cheat twice and if you're good enough you can get a lucrative deal with Nike! 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-3012135/Justin-Gatlin-Nike-deal-slammed-British-athletes-drugs-cheat-gets-sponsorship.html

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:55 pm

What a mess...as far as I'm concerned nobody is clean in top athletics, so it's nauseating to see all these high-horsed condemnations.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:42 pm

luvsports! wrote:The annoying thing is that I need to be smart and not go all guns blazing. It has to be measured and respectful which is not what I want to do but if I want to get an interview it has to be done.
Sucks that that is the case.
Very important. Measured but watertight!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:37 am

I need more than the ITF because 1) they will probs shoot me down (but i do need their input to make it more balanced) 2) they wont give me much as i am going after them!

I have tweeted all sorts (Donati - doping expert and advisor), the dad of the tennis player who wanted to legalise doping, an aussie guy who was an anti doping chief, stuart miller (itf anti doping), past players who have spoken out etc

Buzzing!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Yes! Interview with itf anti doping head honcho

[ltr]stuart millar[/ltr]

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:19 pm

You must be kidding!!! Well done!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:24 pm

haha cheers smiley
Need to find some real good stuff because atm the extensive research I have done I can see him finding his way around and being very evasive.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Listen LS,
You've only got one life.
Just look the guy in the eye and ask him the question.
It's all about confidence.

Don't get daunted by the name.
He's just a guy like you who once was at the bottom of the pile, too.
You aren't blunt by nature anyway, so you'll be fine.

Go for it Cool

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:02 am

luvsports! wrote:haha cheers smiley
Need to find some real good stuff because atm the extensive research I have done I can see him finding his way around and being very evasive.

Yes I remember readong some of his stuff on Tennis has got a steroids problem blog.....The thing is you will find a hard time getting anything out of him. He has all his answered already prepared.

Good luck!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:05 am

I think he's done a good job, tell him that I send my warm wishes, and hope he continues to take the strong action he is against doping in tennis.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:05 am

Yes but there is a difference between having an interview and nailing one and feeling you couldn't do anymore!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:06 am

It would have been easy for the ITF to lay off and be soft with just a pretence that they're tough on doping to satisfy the fans, but they didn't take the easy option; they took the brave option of increasing testing and introducing biological passports- good for the sportsman who are protected against doping creeping into the sport and good for the fans who know they are watching a sport they can trust.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:25 am

I can never tell if your joking or not kimju

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:03 am

luvsports! wrote:I can never tell if your joking or not kimju
I can....he is taking the piss.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:10 pm

Tenez wrote:
luvsports! wrote:I can never tell if your joking or not kimju
I can....he is taking the piss.

Me, too.
I think OTF is like a Nadal steroid work-out fandom session for Kimmy.
After each one, he comes out "stronger" and his love for Nadal grows.

Ir's quite amusing and not so prosaic like Nadal's female fans.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:24 pm

The ITF has one main objective in mind: to help hard working families.
Hard working families, whether they're tennis fans or tennis players, are the people the ITF want to help get on in life.

That's why the ITF has a long term anti-doping plan. Our long term anti-doping plan is delivering stability and security for many tennis players, who want to have a doping free sport. Let's continue with our anti-doping plan, and not go back to square one and undo all the hard work.

Also crucial to the ITF's message, is our commitment for both a stronger anti-doping programme and a fairer tennis society. Some people will tell you that it's only one or the other; but they're wrong. We need both.
And lastly, I think we have to stand up for the many, not just the privileged few. The same rules should apply to everyone, we can't let off people who want to hide their urine and blood in shady Swiss blood-bank storage, or Monaco.

This is about hard working families. This is about you.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:21 pm

......... The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 9 3919515806
Anyway.
Need to do the necessary pandering before launching into the hard hitting q's.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:37 pm

As a professional schmoozer, this should be a piece of cake for you!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Haha well remembered. However that was just to get onto centre court and court no1!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:14 pm

NITB - you mentioned asking about Puerto.

This is part of an interview Simon Cambers did with the ITF anti doping chief Stuart Miller.

Operacion Puerto blood bags potential binning – still hopeful they may see light of day?
I think every anti-doping agency is hopeful the identity of the people who provided the blood in there will come to light. That includes Wada and the Spanish anti-doping agency downwards. It doesn’t help that there is rumour and speculation about the types of athletes that allegedly own or produce the blood in those bags. Whether it will happen or not is clearly anybody’s guess but I would argue that is in the best of interest of sport in the long term to end the speculation and come out into the public domain. That’s my understanding – there was a decision in the case that they should be destroyed, that was appeal, and it’s pending that appeal.

I'm putting out requests for q's Winking

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:30 pm

This guy is not interested in finding the culprit. He is only interested in "the best interest of the sport"..which means to find the best way to clear the sport.

Their role is to reassure the fans. Nothing else.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:59 pm

Anti doping chief title should be changed to chief pr fan boy.

So any questions T?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:00 pm

LS,

this is your moment.
It doesn't get much better at the start of your journalistic career, esp having in mind what your final paper was about.

So, you have all the questions in you already, it's just about finding the way and will to form them.

As I said, you don't have much you lose.

The worst you can do is you cave in to fear and lose yourself.

And then you have to live with it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:06 pm

I'll probably ask a simple question as: how do you explain that player are taller and bigger than 10 years ago, yet they can run faster and longer than 10 years ago?

"some scientists recently revealed that an one off intake of steroids can enhance performance (or have beneficial effect) for as long as 10 years later....How can we sort those who took steroids once from those who didin't? Especially considering that steroids are actually used before a player becomes professional or at least get enough scrutinity from anti doping agent?"

I am convinced that Nadal, Murray, Coric and many others took steroids before they were on teh radar and that helped them way through their peak career.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:54 pm

Don't know if this has been posted before but a former junior (Cedric Roelant), that played against Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, Cilic, Wawrinka and has been a hitting partener for pros (including Federer) did a "ask me anything" for reddit.
He 100% believes Nadal doped.

"Also when you were at your peak, could you easily predict who was going to be at the top in the future? I felt like at that level, everyone would seem pretty amazing. 
-As far as predictions went, definitely not Rafa, he was fairly skinny when I played against him, which changed after he didn't play competetively for 1 year (100% PED), you could tell that Murray was going places since he never really missed and it was insanely hard to beat him in ralleys longer than 5 hits.

Were you test for PED at the ITF level ? Do you think that, given the current level of testing in the ATP, that Nadal could be hiding something ? I was pretty bum to see Cilic win the US Open given is past problem with suspension, and i feel like the ATP is not doing enough to protect the integrity of the game.
-Yeah, we were tested. But Nadal took an entire year off in which he played no ITF nor ATP (so no tests).

You mentioned you thought Nadal did PEDs early in his career. Do the other pro's know or suspect anything? Also are there any other pro's you think are doing the same thing?
-I'm pretty sure everyone within the circuit knows about Nadal, I don't thin k he's using PED now, but he used them to build his muscle mass. It's a lot easier to maintain it than to build it (you need to bulk and eat an insane amount which doesn't allow you to actually practice your hitting as much).
I'm pretty sure a lot of the Spaniards have done it at some point, not sure if many of them are doing it now, I don't know how good the tests are and I don't know how hard it is to make it undetectable, so I can't really talk about that.

What do you remember about playing Nadal and Djokovic? They obviously were young but did you think that they would definitely be all time greats? 
Nadal wasn't that impressive, didn't stand out from the million other Spaniards I played at that time, Djokovic was already really good and didn't miss a single shot (he was like Murray but a bit better)."

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:08 am

Very interesting indeed. I checked his career and he has none. Though ATP recorded a couple of his matches.

But it is very clear that taking PEDs early is the way to go. While juniors are not yet under the radar, they take steroids which is going to have an effect for life.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:28 am

I'm off guys, wish me luck!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:30 am

Excellent find, LS!

So crucial to do something  about steroid use among children.
I don't know about long-term consequences of such early use, but they cannot be good, can they?

Thing is, maybe Britain and some other Western countries would have to do stg about it not out of "love" for children, but the sheer legal child protection act thing, Spain, Latin America etc...don't think so.

Totally different culture...

I deliberately didn't want to write anything about the return of Tipsarevic.
One Serbian player I never liked.

I knew he had a bad heel injury which kept him out of tennis for the last 17 months, but only last week found out he actually had tumor in the foot and two surgeries.

The last had 80% cut out of his foot, so amazing that he managed to return to this level of competition.

I find it strange that tumor ocurred in a foot like that and my first thought was that it was because of steroid use.
I'm sure we can all remember that photo of his thighs...

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:31 am

luvsports! wrote:I'm off guys, wish me luck!

Ice in the veins, fire in the heart!
Go get 'em LS!!! diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:39 pm

Soooo....how did it go?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:46 pm

It's hard to explain but in short I impressed him a lot. He said I did a lot of good research and deffo had his respect.
It was great 2bh. Getting the anti doping chief of the itf on the back foot and make him squirm and give him a good grilling was great for my confidence.

The main thing I wanted I didn't get due to legal constraints but it was a brilliant experience. Made him look silly at times!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:54 pm

luvsports! wrote:It's hard to explain but in short I impressed him a lot. He said I did a lot of good research and deffo had his respect.
It was great 2bh. Getting the anti doping chief of the itf on the back foot and make him squirm and give him a good grilling was great for my confidence.

The main thing I wanted I didn't get due to legal constraints but it was a brilliant experience. Made him look silly at times!
Good stuff Thumbs Up

After going through debates on these forums LS, I'm sure you've been well trained to maul the head of any agency.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next