Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Will Nadal ever win a Tour Finals title?
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:49 pm by Daniel2

» I Just Can't Help Believing!
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:18 pm by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The doping program joke of the ITF!!!

+22
Jahu
gallery play
AceofDeath
sphairistike
Polly 81
Tenez
Autumnleaf
truffin1
bluenose
Daniel
SayonaRa
N2D2L
Gable70
Larry Ellison
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
laverfan
legendkillar
paulcz
BlueClay
Veejay
noleisthebest
luvsports!
26 posters

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: The doping program joke of the ITF!!!

Post by noleisthebest Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:22 pm

Tenez wrote:http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/news/dopage---quand-rasmussen-s%E2%80%99injectait-du-sang-destin%C3%A9-aux-chiens-104836443.html

Just shows to which extend dopers were ready to go. I am sure you can find an english version somewhere. Amazing!
That's shocking....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

The doping program joke of the ITF!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: The doping program joke of the ITF!!!

Post by Tenez Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:38 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/24872914

Interesting words chosen here. "unprofessional" not cheating of course. Murray clearly expresses his concern about the sport's reputation, not the doping itself. Fair enough but to most of us the smoking gun is not the missed test, or the over-the-counter drug taken "by mistake".....it's the gruelling rallies those guys can play over 5 sets....and the top 6 players are showing all the signs of exceptional fitness which would make Lendl and Borg look like lazy amateurs.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:57 pm

I've  literally finished reading that myself!
The way Cilic/Troicki saga has  been handled is a right mess.

Federer is the only one happy with the punishment, Zimonjic originally said that Troicki made a mistake not having the test, Djokovic is livid with WADA, defending his friend just like Tipsarevic, Nadal supported Troicki, Strakhovski was shocked with the lenght of Troicki's suspension compared to Cilic's etc etc...

The hipocrisy of course is obvious to all who want to see it, as the big fish is conveniently allowed to slip through the net.

It's disappointing that tennis has been affected with doping to the level where it's looking less and less like the beautiful sport it once was, and that EVERYONE is playing the game, following the rules:

Dopers are doping but making sure they don't get caught,

Those who are not doping (and there aren't many of them) are quiet because they don't want to cut the hand that feeds them by whistleblowing,

ATP and WADA "excell" when they catch Cilic and Troicki (and the rest of the ignorant, hero-hungry tennis world breaths a sigh of "just" relief their pleyers are "clean") or knock on Murray's door the same morning he needs to see the Queen....

And Murray has the cheek to even be disgusted with his colleagues in crime who are bearing his cross and shame on his behalf, calling them unprofessional...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:03 pm

I thought one could miss up to 2 tests in 18 months (no more than 3). Had Troicky missed 2 before as well?

I think Murray is not accusing them of cheating and that's good at least. He calls them "unprofessional" which is actually true. "If you wish to dope, at least dope like a professional" That's the way I read Murray's comments.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:40 am

That's quite funny!

Lance Armstrong will testify with '100% transparency and honesty'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/24893598

And when asked whether cycling is clean now, Armstrong insisted he had "no idea".

First lie! He knows! ...but clearly he does not want more trials. I can't blame him for that.

However he seems to complain that life is tough with all those court cases trying to get a share of his money. The fact is without cheating he may never had nearly as much money.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:12 am

One of my favourite films, Mike Leigh's "Secrets and Lies", about how we all live lives full of lies, here's the scene when the main character finally snaps the farce with the famous line:
"There, I've said it! Now where is the bolt of lightning!?"

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tzX1sPoZVZk

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:40 am

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:01 pm

A doubles player (from Spain) gets a 2 year suspension for testing positive for meth.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/11/llagostera-vives-hit-two-year-ban-after-positive-meth/49763/#.UoEo4csgGSM

Agassi got off lightly....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:51 pm

I read your comment on that link! Funny.

But things have not changed unfortunately. If it was nadal or Fed being caught with Meth, they would cover it up like they did for Agassi. It's because it's someone nobody cares that they banned her.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Tenez wrote:I read your comment on that link! Funny.

But things have not changed unfortunately. If it was nadal or Fed being caught with Meth, they would cover it up like they did for Agassi. It's because it's someone nobody cares that they banned her.
Terrible but true!
Just couldn't help mentioning Agassi, I'm surprised they haven't deleted the comment yet, they are so big names protective over there.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:26 pm

It's same in Snooker.  John Higgins was caught red handed agreeing to throw matches on camera and the organization dropped the charges of match fixing (I know... ridiculous) and instead brought a lesser charge so that they didn't have to ban him for years.  He got 6 months over dead part of season.  On the other hand, Stephen Lee has just been banned for years and the evidence they had against him was all circumstantial. 

The decision to prosecute and the trial itself should be held by independent body or the POLICE... not the organizations themselves that have a vested interest.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:32 pm

yes same in snooker!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:36 pm

People actually applauded Higgins on his come back, but what they were doing is congratulating a cheat and telling the authorities how thick they are.  Because World Snooker dropped the charge a lot of people make the mistake of believing he was found not guilty.  He wasn't, because the charges were never brought to him. The official report states that it believes John Higgins story that he felt he was in fear of his life at the hands of a mafia.  It's pure fiction and yet that's what the official report agrees with.  Not the video evidence of him laughing, toasting drinks, asking if there are cameras and then agreeing to fix matches.

It's a joke.

Nadal has cheated on numerous occasions and nothing ever happens.  Same problem.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Completely agree FK. It's a joke....and I always refer to an excellent poem of Jean de la Fontaine in such a case.....depending whether you are rich or poor, justice will make you black or white....roughly translated.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:44 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/24988781
-----------------------
Now we learn that the UCI was covering up LA...including that Verbruggen who is now a member of the Olympic Committee (obviously rotten system which has systematically turned a blind eye on dopers of the host country since Barcelona 1992).

It is no different in tennis. Same money (probably even more), same interests, same "actors" (Nike, etc...), same methods.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:24 pm

All we need now is the "same" Lance Armsteong of tennis to blow the whistle, it would be fantastic!
Many argue against it saying how much it would damage the sport but I disagree with it, for me it would be the opposite.
The only problem is while there is a lot of money to be made in (any) sport , there would always be doping and other ways of trying to gain an advantage.
Did cycling get clean after LA confession?
Seems the only way to have sport clean is to take money out of it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:17 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Seems the only way to have sport clean is to take money out of it.
Sadly it I is a bit true. But wherever the masses have an interest money flows in. So even if we were returning to amateur sport only, they would find a way compensate the winner..and that means many would still be keen to dope to gain that compensation. This is where Lance is right. Doping existed since Sport was invented.

In a way this is why we are left with our own subjective judgement to define a player's greatness. It is no coincidence that Stan is a popular player despite having never won anything and maybe being a doper himself. We know that there is something more than his physique when we see him play. There is technique, timing, elegance and creativity in his game. People appreciate that whether he plays v Djoko or Nadal and surprising the crowd often end up supporting him for a while. Deep down they appreciate the talent.

That is the way I look at tennis. I don't bother as much about who dopes or who doesn't. The game they choose to play simply speaks for itself .Long are gone the days where a super athlete like Borg could possibly win thanks to natural fitness alone.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:31 pm

Yes, but in tennis it's got to the state where a hybrid like Nadal (and all the $$$ machinery behind him) has been able to prevent and almost ruin the career and talent of Federer's magnitude.
That's why I call him death of tennis.
It's morbid the way he does it, I can almost never watch him, to me he looks like a pit-bull mauling a small animal.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Yes but it is the machinery and "us" the crowd who have tolerated. And again Nadal made it very interesting. I am sad Fed never beat him at the FO but that was and will be my most exciting even if painful matches to watch.

Federer v Soderling pales in comparison!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:01 pm

I can honestly and genuinely say I never liked watching Nadal, never liked Fedal matches, thought they were overrated.
Hype, drama....maybe.

I love watching pure, classic counterpunching vs a good attacker but with Nadal, I always felt he had an unfair and unhealthy physical advantage, plus his ugly style.

I feel we will be writing about this era long after the main character retire.
It has been fascinatong in more than one way.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:08 pm

Well yes but being to time that spinny ball was Federer's career only challenge.

he did not do it many times but when he need it was magic.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:21 pm

Yes, but was it worth it?
Why not challenge with a clean spinned ball?
I agree that there was nobody else to take it to Fed otherwise, but would have been great if there was. A proper, healthy battle. Does not mean which player loses, tennis wins!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:45 pm

noleisthebest wrote:All we need now is the "same" Lance Armsteong of tennis to blow the whistle, it would be fantastic!
Many argue against it saying how much it would damage the sport but I disagree with it, for me it would be the opposite.
The only problem is while there is a lot of money to be made in (any) sport , there would always be doping and other ways of trying to gain an advantage.
Did cycling get clean after LA confession?
Seems the only way to have sport clean is to take money out of it.
Yes money's increase is commensurate with doping.
Cycling will never ever be clean, so no. It's more worrying now as they are universally saying its cleaner post LA. "that was then, this is now. Not fair to tarnish us with them".... bollocks.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Yes as if cyclist were going to be more righteous now than then....it does not work with our politics so I can't see why athletes would be any better.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenose Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:15 pm

Did anyone else hear today that there are some new tests and the frozen samples from the past 8 years (statute of limitations) will be tested before the Sochi games?  Obviously the focus is on the winter games, but I wonder whether they'll do 'em all?

bluenose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:22 pm

Not heard of that. Would be very interesting. Though once again, I expect the sport organisations to oppose to that.....like they opposed to blood doping test during the French Open.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:45 pm

The Hague:An anti-doping test carried out in 2006 revealed abnormally high levels of testosterone in Dutch tennis player Robin Haase, press reports in the Netherlands revealed on Friday.

Haase, 26, explained in the daily Volkskrant that, after undergoing the test, he received a letter from the ATP advising him "to get a lawyer" and indicating that he would have to undergo three more tests in the following two weeks.

However, according to Haase, the letter also indicated that "the abnormal level could very well be natural".

During the following controls, "every time my levels were the same, and I have not heard anything about it since," he added.

"I have never been afraid of being pursued for this positive test as it was established that I hadn't been doping.

"I have been tested a dozen times in 2013, but I think controls in tennis need to be better targeted."

Haase is currently ranked 43rd in the world, although he did reach a high of 33rd in July 2012.

http://sports.ndtv.com/tennis/news/217320-robin-haase-tested-positive-in-2006-reports

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:49 pm

"I have been tested a dozen times in 2013, but I think controls in tennis need to be better targeted."
======================================
Exactly. Those know and don't understand why they are suspecting the small fishes!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenose Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:24 pm

bluenose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:50 pm

That's getting really exciting. Will they allow for those tests in Tennis? Not sure.

I remember in FO 2009 the French Federation had allowed for the first time blood testing by a French anti-doping organisation (can't remember its name) before and during the tournament.

We know what happened that year and then the ITF refused this same agency to operate the following years. The head of that French anti doping organistion was furious and stepped down as it was for him a clear admission of sports organisations being involved in protecting their players.

Since then I lost faith.....erhh no wrong thread!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:24 pm

I think the retesting from the Olympics is more a smart way to warn the current athtletes against trying to dope then actually catching those from the past..   Theory being if athletes understand that their samples will be retested in the future using better technology- then they may be hesitant to try and pull something now- even if they think they are currently undetectable.. Same reasoning Federer and others had with the future testing plan in tennis- which of course will never be implemented.

The owners/organizers don't want to catch anyone because of the harm they think it will do to their wallets-- er I mean the sport-- but I believe the sport will carry on as usual.  The evidence is certainly clear that the public will quickly forget and move on, and in many cases, actually reembrace the sport..  MLB suffered greatly once the public became fully aware of the doping, and attendance fell considerably. Once the sport cleaned up-- they've had record attendance/ratings since.  Some of the biggest names in the history of the sport have been caught, and the public hardly cares..     Cycling- the news of Armstrongs confession was met with a yawn by the public.. People simply don't care or are numb to scandals at this point.

Yet- the powers of the sport just don't want to take that chance.. They are more secure with the status quo...  When the truth of some of the biggest Tennis stars like Nadal does come out- which I think it will even if it's years from now-  tennis will carry on, and no one will even care.   The only ones who will really care are the clean players who were robbed of titles by the cheats...

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:47 pm

truffin1 wrote:I think the retesting from the Olympics is more a smart way to warn the current athtletes against trying to dope then actually catching those from the past..   Theory being if athletes understand that their samples will be retested in the future using better technology- then they may be hesitant to try and pull something now- even if they think they are currently undetectable.. Same reasoning Federer and others had with the future testing plan in tennis- which of course will never be implemented.

The owners/organizers don't want to catch anyone because of the harm they think it will do to their wallets-- er I mean the sport-- but I believe the sport will carry on as usual.  The evidence is certainly clear that the public will quickly forget and move on, and in many cases, actually reembrace the sport..  MLB suffered greatly once the public became fully aware of the doping, and attendance fell considerably. Once the sport cleaned up-- they've had record attendance/ratings since.  Some of the biggest names in the history of the sport have been caught, and the public hardly cares..     Cycling- the news of Armstrongs confession was met with a yawn by the public.. People simply don't care or are numb to scandals at this point.

Yet- the powers of the sport just don't want to take that chance.. They are more secure with the status quo...  When the truth of some of the biggest Tennis stars like Nadal does come out- which I think it will even if it's years from now-  tennis will carry on, and no one will even care.   The only ones who will really care are the clean players who were robbed of titles by the cheats...
Yes Truff, there is the same problem as in the financial sector where we hear the phrase „too big to fail“ and at tennis we can say „too popular to be caught“. It is quite sad that only few have spoken out about it frankly.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:46 am

Interesting article on the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26636371

It says they can track steroids but cannot trace blood doping and growth hormones.

This is exactly why we can't do much about dopers still.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:28 pm

The "latest". What a laugh....
I just want to know what they did with those results!

"Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, and Serena Williams were tested 11 or more times by the Tennis Anti-Doping Programme last year, according to figures released by the ITF.

Seven or more of the tests for Nadal and Federer were “out-of-competition,” while 4-6 were for Djokovic and Williams. The other tests were administered “in-competition.” Andy Murray, who had back surgery and did not play part of the 2013 season, was tested 8-12 times in total. Victoria Azarenka was tested at least 14 times altogether.

Juan Martin del Potro and Jelena Jankovic were not tested out of competition last year, despite finishing in the Top 10.

The figures show whether players were tested in or out of competition 1-3 times, 4-6 times, seven or more times, or not at all. Top-ranked players were generally tested more often, both in and out of competition.

Previously released figures show that testing went up last year, to 2,752 tests from 2,185 tests in 2012.

Out-of-competition blood testing increased to 449 tests from 63 in 2012, prompted by the implementation of the biological 'passport' program. Out-of-competition urine testing decreased to 144 tests from 271 tests. (See here and here.)

There were significant differences in the amount of testing players received. Dr. Stuart Miller, head of the anti-doping program, told USA Today and the Daily Telegraph that the organization may consider the amount of testing a player receives from national associations, or any other information relating to a player, when deciding whether to test.

He also pointed out that if an out-of-competition test is attempted but the player is not located, it is not shown as a test.

While any player can be selected for out-of-competition testing, Top 50 singles players and Top 10 doubles players are required to give their whereabouts so they can be found for testing, and tend to be tested most often. Three missed tests from such players in 18 months can result in a suspension.

Other observations from the figures:

—Some players now in the Top 50, like Ernests Gulbis, Tommy Robredo, Vasek Pospisil, Eugenie Bouchard, and Madison Keys, were not in the Top 50 last year and did not receive an out-of-competition test.

—Most players who were inside the Top 50 in 2013 received an out-of-competition at least once, though a few did not, including Jankovic, Marcos Baghdatis, Vavara Lepchenko, and Su-Wei Hsieh.

—Wayne Odesnik, also outside the Top 50 but who has previously served a suspension for trying to import HGH, received 1-3 tests out of competition and none in competition.

—Players from some nations seemed to be tested more than others. Three Chinese players who finished in the Top 55 the previous year—Li Na, Peng Shuai, and Zheng Jie—were tested seven or more times both for in- and out-of-competition tests. Zhang Shuai, who finished No. 52, was tested 4-6 times in competition and not tested out of competition.

—Italians Sara Errani, Roberta Vinci, Francesca Schiavone, and Andreas Seppi all received seven or more out-of-competition tests; Flavia Pennetta had 1-3 such tests while Fabio Fognini had none, but he was tested seven or more times in competition. Errani was once associated with Dr. Luis del Moral, who has been banned for doping activity in cycling, but denies working with him for that purpose.

—Among the Czechs, Tomas Berdych, Petra Kvitova, and Lucie Safarova all had seven or more in- and out-of-competition tests.

—Top Spanish and French players also frequently received seven or more out-of-competition tests. Nadal, David Ferrer, Nicolas Almagro, Feliciano Lopez, Carla Suarez Navarro, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Richard Gasquet, Gilles Simon, and Alize Cornet all received seven or more out-of-competition tests, with Gael Monfils and Pablo Andujar received 4-6 such tests.

—Some breakout players like Milos Raonic and Jerzy Janowicz also had seven or more tests both in and out of competition. John Isner also received seven or more i,n- and out-of-competition tests, on top of the six he received from USADA through the third quarter of last year."

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:08 pm

and what relevance do the results have when they are testing for the wrong things?!!!   

btw- in the middle of our big WTA tourney in my hometown- which I am on the volunteer board--    2 thoughts-  Serena is ripped more than ever and the Willimas sisters and father continue to be the most classless athtletes I've ever been around- esp behind the scenes.   They treat everyone like crap.  Enough said....

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Three missed tests from such players in 18 months can result in a suspension.
-------------------------------------
This is clearly a green light for doping. What are the chances, being only tested 5 times OOC per year that they get tested 3 times in those rare days they are not clean?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:54 pm

also the word "can" is weasel. Not using the word "will" is a clear sign they are morons who coulnt care less.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed May 07, 2014 6:06 pm

The youngest tennis player has been caught doping. Aged 16. From Spain.

Spain's Paco Climent Gregori and Russia's Philipp Aleksanyan banned from tennis for two years for doping ABC News ab.co/1iKc2TD

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dopinglist

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue May 20, 2014 11:18 am

Xenon gases just added urgently in the prohibited doping agents list as they believe this is the new trends among athletes as it has the same role as Erytropein.

So once again years later they are only catching up with the trend.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 30, 2014 9:02 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/27635263

Chris Froome frustrated by lack of consistent drug testing
Chris Froome says that cyclists are determined to put the dark days of doping in the sport behind them, but are frustrated by a lack of testing.
===================

They are really taking the piss nowadays! "Oh I want more testing" that's the next level up to convince the public.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Sat May 31, 2014 11:21 am

Tenez wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/27635263

Chris Froome frustrated by lack of consistent drug testing
Chris Froome says that cyclists are determined to put the dark days of doping in the sport behind them, but are frustrated by a lack of testing.
===================

They are really taking the piss nowadays! "Oh I want more testing" that's the next level up to convince the public.
Haha, these guys are smart!  Applause Armstrong himself gave funding to antidoping.   ROFL Since the Armstrong scandal + operation Puerto it's impossible to say that there are just a few black sheeps. It grew awareness, it showed the dimension of the problem: No chance for a career in cycling without willingness to cheat and to lie. I sincerely admire the guys whose names we don't know who passed on that choice.

Of course sports that is known to be dominated by the best dopers/ best responders won't attract a big paying audience. So they now want to fool everybody into thinking that cycling has cleaned up, that the "dark times" have passed. And Sky are the worst hypocrits in that respect, trying to appear anti-doping, while winning the most important tours with ease, beating the records of known dopers on the way. And Froome - have you seen his arms?  Yikes This guy has zero bodyfat! Maybe not quite Rasmussen, but close.

Even in tennis the smart guys changed their tune. They don't have the same problem as the cyclists because so far none of the big stars was busted. So they can still sprout nonsense about the clean, white sport, but as the smart guys there say: To keep it pure, they need more testing.  Laugh Well, if they were serious about it, it's within their power to do something about it, no? But we know that they don't really want to burst the bubble and keep the illusions alive. 

No need to rock the boat: cycling also showed how bad a sport's reputation is effected by association with doping. When the French police got a hold on team Festina in 1999, they stopped broadcasting TdF here. Until then cycling was quite popular here, due to Jan Ullrich who along with every other (famous German) cyclist admitted to doping in between. (He was involved with Fuentes, as was Nadal more likely than not)

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat May 31, 2014 1:54 pm

Exactly! And Is he trying to say that he has won it clean last year against other dopers?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:12 pm

http://www.si.com/mlb/2014/07/01/bloodsport-excerpt-alex-rodriguez-new-york-yankees-steroids?xid=aol_home&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl42%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D496979

Major League Baseball gave "exemptions" for ARod to dope when he was the biggest star in the sport and making them millions.. Once old and not as useful, they decided to make him an example of the "new era" and hit him with biggest suspension and fine ever...  lol....

Anyone think Tennis isn't doing the same thing? Esp with Nadal... lol... 
Perfect example of what these money making businesses (which is what professional leagues are) will do to keep the money flowing.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:28 pm

excellent comment ruffin!!
and so true...all that BS about the golden era of baseball sounds just like the same BS about the golden era of marathon-tennis
all i can say is thank god the likes of roanic and dimitrov are breaking through with their shot making ability rather then their "athleticism"

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:35 pm

my only hope now is that Tennis exposes Nadal once he's not useful anymore,,, but prob won't happen.  the same people who own the tournaments, own the expos that Nadal will be able to show up and make them money when he retires...

I'm cracking up at these Nadal fans moaning and groaning that tennis is moving towards talent again.  Sadly- the conditions as they are will continue to rewards the moonballers and hamper the talent.. If the conditions would revert- we'd really see the talent shine!!

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:12 am

truffin1 wrote:my only hope now is that Tennis exposes Nadal once he's not useful anymore,,, but prob won't happen.  the same people who own the tournaments, own the expos that Nadal will be able to show up and make them money when he retires...
Yes its my hope too. Though I think he might get through it all. Cause he was very professional about it.

I'm cracking up at these Nadal fans moaning and groaning that tennis is moving towards talent again.  Sadly- the conditions as they are will continue to rewards the moonballers and hamper the talent.. If the conditions would revert- we'd really see the talent shine!!
Typically like in a Krygios v Nadal match.....and Krygios is not that talented anyway.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:59 pm

"the armstrong lie" documentary is on channel 4 tonight at 9 pm
should be interesting to see what the drugs cheat has to say...

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:22 pm

For the Lance Armstrong fans out here, his Nike anti-doping commercial.  Laugh 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIl5RxhLZ5U

These guys know no shame. Doh

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:21 pm

I had read that article early this week but had not post it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/29510575

It says what I always thought: one steroids injection are actually benefit the cheats for a decade. This puts in perspective the cycle up and down theory.....though big muscles are one thing but stamina is another.

To me someone like Nadal would have never reached a slam quarter final without those muscles, and even less without epo equivalent. It's a simple fact cause there are so many players out there who can do nearly as well with half the muscle mass and stamina. Same applies to Murray and Djoko.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:50 pm

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, I give you the excellent punditry of Gary Neville's thoughts on diving in football. 4.25 onwards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXMehv29jZw

This is brilliant analysis imo and is exactly the same reasoning behind why athletes take PEDS or just cheat to win at all costs.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next