Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
NADAL FANS - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
NADAL FANS - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
NADAL FANS - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
NADAL FANS - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
NADAL FANS - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
NADAL FANS - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
NADAL FANS - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
NADAL FANS - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
NADAL FANS - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

NADAL FANS

+11
laverfan
summerblues
Larry Ellison
Tenez
paulcz
sphairistike
SayonaRa
noleisthebest
truffin1
luvsports!
Veejay
15 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

NADAL FANS - Page 5 Empty Re: NADAL FANS

Post by luvsports! Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:31 pm

so you were wrong about tygart.
Is that question rhetorical?

How long was verbruggen in power and now his puppet fat pat going to be in for? What is your point?

There are no revolutions to be found here. Has anyone usurped fifa? rfu? icb? no. It's not going to happen, so again what is your point?

Incidentally the biggest asset cycling has to offer is not owned by the UCI, without that they would have barely anything..... tour of beijing woop.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by wilson_nxt Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:37 pm

Last edited by wilson_nxt on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total

wilson_nxt

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:43 pm

sorry its deffo a racket2 forum but other stuff gets thrown in as well smiley

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by wilson_nxt Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Last edited by wilson_nxt on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total

wilson_nxt

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:02 pm

wilson_nxt wrote:No worries just struggling to see the link.
Hmm, I can see it though.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:50 am

Nadal's fans have been proving by their witless comments here recently what a sort of weirdos they are. They basically do not discuss tennis staff, but they react only to Nadal's critics. Why? Either the explanation is that they know nearly nothing about tennis or they are not able to discuss in a standard way. Instead they attack everything which go against Nadal and clutch the straw when they have no arguments and digress from the core of the discussion. Hence it is worthless to discuss anything with these irritated blind dimwits.

There were mentions about why I name him Mori(y)bundus. I must repeat again, this player is an exceptional bizzare clown. I can dare to say that such a player never will appear again. The reasons are still the same:
his bizzare physical moonballing game, Nadal and his team waffling and lying, his court antics and unfairness on the courts, his heavy patela disease, so all in all actually everything with him is ridiculous. So that if I name him Mori(y)bundus, which is made-up disease, he can be even glad for such an unknown and mysterious disease.

I came to the conclusion that there is hardly any help for Nadal fans in a regard of their mind reformation and nothing can be changed if they lack of ability to recognize the facts. This OTF appreciates everybody who can truly describe tennis staff or whatever perceptions from tennis community. But if anything is being negative here then it is only irritated Nadal fans who jump into discussions against any critique of their idol and assess everything around bar tennis. No wonder that here is nothing positive about Nadal's game, missing comments about his tactics and changes in his game. Despite my review of his game, there are many points about his game to discuss and surely not all are bad. The reason for a missing that positive Nadal's picture is very simple, his fans are just limited as he alone.

I can not get it why the posters should write in tennis forums only positive things about tennis players and create such an artificial nice picture, that would be a sheer hypocrisy.

I am really glad that OTF is a smaller forum, where is a couple true fans, but who can frankly and straightforwardly discuss tennis stuff and all that around with open eyes.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:57 am

Well said, Paul NADAL FANS - Page 5 4052418255

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:32 am

paulcz wrote:Nadal's fans have been proving by their witless comments here recently what a sort of weirdos they are.

Weirdos? Banned posters from forums congregate in a forum of like-minded conspiracy theorists and discuss what? Nadal Fans? Doping Conspiracies? Posters question Nadal, but not the player who beat him 7 times in 2011, just because NITB hangs out here. Read Wilson_nxt's comments. Winking

paulcz wrote:They basically do not discuss tennis staff, but they react only to Nadal's critics. Why? Either the explanation is that they know nearly nothing about tennis or they are not able to discuss in a standard way.

Is there a standard method of Tennis discussions you are referring to on how to talk about physicality and talent are mutually exclusive? Laugh

paulcz wrote:Instead they attack everything which go against Nadal and clutch the straw when they have no arguments and digress from the core of the discussion. Hence it is worthless to discuss anything with these irritated blind dimwits.

And labelling posters is a sign of wit and calm posters? Laugh

paulcz wrote:There were mentions about why I name him Mori(y)bundus. I must repeat again, this player is an exceptional bizzare clown. I can dare to say that such a player never will appear again. The reasons are still the same:
his bizzare physical moonballing game, Nadal and his team waffling and lying, his court antics and unfairness on the courts, his heavy patela disease, so all in all actually everything with him is ridiculous. So that if I name him Mori(y)bundus, which is made-up disease, he can be even glad for such an unknown and mysterious disease.

Have you heard of Wilander, Lendl, Borg who moonballed on clay? Perhaps UTube will assist you a bit. A 11-slam winner with two RG-W doubles is bizzare - what is the definition of a dim wit?

paulcz wrote:I came to the conclusion that there is hardly any help for Nadal fans in a regard of their mind reformation and nothing can be changed if they lack of ability to recognize the facts.

You sound like Mao and re-education. Facts are 11 slams and 2008 and 2010 RG-W double.

paulcz wrote:This OTF appreciates everybody who can truly describe tennis staff or whatever perceptions from tennis community. But if anything is being negative here then it is only irritated Nadal fans who jump into discussions against any critique of their idol and assess everything around bar tennis.

The primary posters on OTF seem to be obsessed with Nadal and have very little to offer in terms of Tennis 'stuff'. Just a lot of frustrations that this forum vents and player bashers.

paulcz wrote:No wonder that here is nothing positive about Nadal's game, missing comments about his tactics and changes in his game.

Nadal is not the only player in ATP, is he? I have yet to see a discussion on James Blake or Tommy Haas? Why? Because of OTF's obsession with Nadal, he is all that gets discussed. Perhaps NITB's poetry and ITF/WADA incompetency are the other hot topics of discussion.

paulcz wrote:Despite my review of his game, there are many points about his game to discuss and surely not all are bad. The reason for a missing that positive Nadal's picture is very simple, his fans are just limited as he alone.

His detractors are limited in a worse sense, because they have no creativity to discuss any other player, styles, surfaces, technology, except what Nadal uses.

The following link is what I consider the banner of this forum - https://ourtennisforum.forumotion.co.uk/t192-has-nadal-unofficialy-retired

The day Nadal retires, this forum would not have any further need to exist.

LF - I agree. We are short of ideas and stats here and also tired of the same subject again.

https://ourtennisforum.forumotion.co.uk/t192-has-nadal-unofficialy-retired#11611

paulcz wrote:I can not get it why the posters should write in tennis forums only positive things about tennis players and create such an artificial nice picture, that would be a sheer hypocrisy.

Who did you call a dim wit a few sentences ago? Do you understand the difference between criticism and denigration. I would suggest an English dictionary may provide some assistance.

paulcz wrote:I am really glad that OTF is a smaller forum, where is a couple true fans, but who can frankly and straightforwardly discuss tennis stuff and all that around with open eyes.

Open eyes? If this forum can get over it's Nadal obsession, perhaps it can discuss other Tennis 'stuff'. Winking

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:24 am

LOL Paul.
Firstly Wilson Next is a Federer fan, he also posts on TT Warehouse. I've shown this forum to other Federer fans on 606v2, and although they like Tenez, they thought this forum was simply too obsessed and crazy to join.

You say all Nadal fans ever talk about is Nadal- well I'm a Nadal fan and I was posting on 606v2 even when Nadal was out. You can see my post history, I can assure you I talked many many things apart from Nadal- in-fact not many of my threads were on him.
On this forum though everyone seems obsessed with Nadal, he's mentioned in virtually every single thread. If anyone opposes the majority they are insulted, called 'dim-wits' 'have no brains' etc. If not anything I think a bit of self reflection would be better of than the mindless labelling.

You seem to talk about being a Nadal fan as if it is some kind of mental illness, but Paul having read your posts I think it is you who is obsessed.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:55 am

OTF is a great tennis forum consisting of people who love tennis 100% and think outside the box, too.
Not everyone is able to keep up with us, but it's good that some read what is said here and are challenged by it.
When what has been repeatedly said here becomes common knowledge in mainstream media, then the "challenged" ones may timidly get off their fence and dare think like we do now.
5 years ago, few were brave enough to talk about doping and drawrigging in tennis.
Now, after the LA scandal, even Nadal is brave enough to "want" more testing...
Where was that courage in 2009?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:07 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Not everyone is able to keep up with us,
LOL.

5 years ago,
OTF was only made last year.

noleisthebest wrote:
Where was that courage in 2009?
We all agree that more testing is good for the sport.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:15 am

OTF consists of people who, unlike some, did not change their name every time Nadal posed in a different pair of swimming trunks.
To OTF and tennis Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:32 am

noleisthebest wrote:OTF consists of people who, unlike some, did not change their name every time Nadal posed in a different pair of swimming trunks.
To OTF and tennis Bubbly
Nadal only has 1 pair of swimming trunks.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:50 am

haha you would know Winking

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:58 am

LF, I do not have so much time to itemize your points and as I wrote it does not make any sense to explain whatever here to you as you show your limited view on Moribundus. I am sorry to say, but in your case quantity prevails over quality in posting. You must have much time to spare in writing.

Only thing on which your Nadal defense is based is that Mori won many trophies. That all of us know, but there was not anything about that I wrote.

To all Nadal fans about Denigration.
Why shouldn't I denigrate and label somebody if he meets so many features of a typical moron and cheater. There are many journalists and players who have said and written how strange is the whole background of Nadal. Thus, we
as OTF, why shouldn't we denigrate such a clown? Actually I think our comments are very modest. Here, we are not in a tabernacle. Either you are not able to get it or you are paid by some Spain band, but the worst case is that many Nadal fans seem to be a mixture of both options.

Last edited by paulcz on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:21 pm

paulcz wrote: Actually I think our comments are very modest.
I showed this forum to a Federer fan on another forum, and they thought that you are a narrow minded cretin with a desperately low IQ.
But of course, I don't agree with that.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Larry Ellison wrote:LOL Paul.
Firstly Wilson Next is a Federer fan, he also posts on TT Warehouse. I've shown this forum to other Federer fans on 606v2, and although they like Tenez, they thought this forum was simply too obsessed and crazy to join.

You see this why this forum is probably one of the more balanced, cause the problem is that the world, not this forum, is actually crazy. For 10 years the whole world worshipped the greatest doper as cyclist legend until he was no longer profitable. The mass lazily believed that Iraq had WMD and we went to war killing 100 000s of innocent people thinking we were doing the right thing. Despite knowing the then leaders were guilty we still let them off the hook and are free despite having their hands full of blood. The mass again do not know the whole extend of how rotten is our financial system and how bad the fall will be. They still vote for the same people just wearing a different label, be it labour, Cons, Demo or Republican thinking things will be different and improve despite the fact things have actually gone systematically worse since 1945, roughly.

We try to destabilise Syria’s governemnt who managed to keep millions of people of different religions in peace for decades if not centuries and arm those extremists who only tolerate one extreme form of their own religion, completely ignoring the lessons of Iraq and Lybia who are in a mess now, threatening the extermination of all other religious group who don;t belong to them.

So those people who think of themselves as balanced and moderate really make me laugh. They should do a bit of introspection and look at the projection of the world we live in.

This is why I often use this saying from Shakespeare as it has never been as true as now:

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." So those people who think this site is extreme cause we expose the absurdity of tennis and sport in general can stay at v2 thinking they belong “the well and moderate thinkers of this world”. Wilson NXT was a typical example of those people, good ridance...though he is always welcome to visit and learn.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:45 pm

That's right, T!
Quality vs quantity?
No brainer Winking

My only hope that the quality will somehow prevail when it comes tennis Rose

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Emancipator Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:50 pm

Nadal is the most artificial robotic and talentless slam 'champion' in history.

Basically the guy wins because of his fitness and because he has the advantage of playing as a lefty.

He is also a proven and well known cheat. Fined for cheating at Wimbledon. Caught again trying to cheat at Indian Wells with Uncle Toni coaching him from the sidelines. Also caught cheating against Berdych at the AUS open in 2012. The guy has no shame. He should be banned for bringing the sport into disrepute.

Deliberately cheats by taking extra time between points so that he can grinf his opponents down with long rallies.

He's the sorest loser ever. Bumping Rosol at W, basically calling Soderling lucky for kicking his fat wedgie filled a** at RG.

Then deliberately making his opponents wait before the match, at the net and during changeovers.

The guy tries to use every trick in the book (and some that he has invented) both legal (just about) and illegal to win. This guy is a total disgrace. He deserves no respect just pure contempt for his underhanded, nasty, cheating ways that have ruined this great sport.

I suspect, as most people do too, that he is a druggy as well. I mean what's there to stop him. His endurance game is the one that would benefit most from EPO and he has already proven on multiple occasions that he will stop at nothing to win, even if it means selling his soul to the devil through pure and blatant cheating.

Emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:52 pm

TMF wrote:He should be banned for bringing the sport into disrepute.

LOL.

Peace Dove

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:58 pm

amrit, I know you don't agree with tmf but most of the points he raises about nadal on court are true.
Now without dodging the question or saying someone else does it (i.e. feds)
can you address this issue and say your thoughts on nadal's questionable antics on court?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:01 pm

TMF, you're clearly very angry. Once again, I would suggest you calm down.

Basically the guy wins because of his fitness and because he has the advantage of playing as a lefty.
Wins because of his fitness? If that's the case, why can't anyone just take a lot of EPO, and go out there and thrash him.
As for him being a lefty, name me some players from the past few decades who have won 10+ slams and are left handed.

Caught again trying to cheat at Indian Wells with Uncle Toni coaching him from the sidelines.
What the hell are you on about?
Toni didn't come with Nadal to California this year.

Deliberately cheats by taking extra time between points so that he can grind his opponents down with long rallies.
Surely the less fit opponent who will want the extra few seconds to catch some air? I watched Nadal in IW, and he was taking less than 25 seconds between points, and he still did ok, didn't he?
Monfils explains the fitness thing here: http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/02/monfils-time-violations-just-let-me-dry-my-hands/46579/#.UVWf1BfQpCE

calling Soderling lucky for kicking his fat wedgie filled a** at RG.
He actually said Soderling was the better player on the day, and deserved to win. If you want to see an example of a sore loser, look at Fed's conference after the Berdych match in Wimby 2010.

He should be banned for bringing the sport into disrepute.
You're a really angry person aren't you. LOL

Last edited by Larry Ellison on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:01 pm

luvsports! wrote:amrit, I know you don't agree with tmf but most of the points he raises about nadal on court are true.
Now without dodging the question or saying someone else does it (i.e. feds)
can you address this issue and say your thoughts on nadal's questionable antics on court?
I just did Winking

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:24 pm

No you didn't, seriously amrit can you not just respond properly?

Nadal exceeds the time rule a lot.
Takes very questionable medical timeouts when the opponent is ahead or to wrestle away the momentum.
Takes toilet breaks before someone serves for the match.
Bumped into rosol on purpose.
Challenging way to late and then arguing with the umpire that he wasnt allowed to challenge.

Please respond to this properly, no dodging or responding by asking a question.

Other players do it as well, but i am specifically talking about rafa and his gamesmanship here.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:34 pm

luvsports! wrote:
Nadal exceeds the time rule a lot.
He has in the past, but I've noticed these days he's cutting down on it. He did ok in Indian Wells, didn't he?
It's due to the routines he has.

Takes very questionable medical timeouts when the opponent is ahead or to wrestle away the momentum.
He is a player who gets injured often (if you believe that is the case anyway), so in that case it would be natural that he'd have more injury problems during matches.
The only incident of him taking a MTO in the last year or so was Miami 2012- against Tsonga. After that match he withdrew from the tournament- so it seems realistic.
When he actually really needed a MTO and was getting fatigued is the 7 finals against Djokovic (who is as fit as him according to a few), and he didn't take 1 MTO during those matches. In-fact Djokovic took a MTO after he lost the third set in USO 2011- but I don't think we should say it's questionable as he may have been injured.

Takes toilet breaks before someone serves for the match.
Bumped into rosol on purpose.

OK, that wasn't great conduct, I was disappointed in him there.
I could of course list a few things here that others have done that I see as considerably worse, but you've specifically asked me not to do that- so fair enough I won't.

Challenging way to late and then arguing with the umpire that he wasnt allowed to challenge.
I've never actually seen Nadal do this.
I believe there was a mix-up against Berdych where Berdych hit the ball in but it was called out, and then overruled by umpire. The commentators at the time did believe that Nadal was right, personally I think it's a 50-50.

Please respond to this properly, no dodging or responding by asking a question.
I hope my direct answers have satisfied you.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Wow I did not expect that, thankyou amrit smiley

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:51 pm

No worries smiley

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:08 pm

TMF wrote:Nadal is the most artificial robotic and talentless slam 'champion' in history.

I am surprised at the inability of the rest of the Tennis professionals to be able to copy such an artificial robotic and talentless slam 'champion'.

TMF wrote:Basically the guy wins because of his fitness and because he has the advantage of playing as a lefty.

There are many lefties on the ATP list who have never come close to Nadal's record. Lopez, Melzer, Ramos, Koubek, Marcel-Stebe,...

TMF wrote:He is also a proven and well known cheat. Fined for cheating at Wimbledon. Caught again trying to cheat at Indian Wells with Uncle Toni coaching him from the sidelines. Also caught cheating against Berdych at the AUS open in 2012. The guy has no shame. He should be banned for bringing the sport into disrepute.

Uncle Toni at IW? I am pretty sure Roig would object to being called UT, or I must have been watching a different match. Winking

Berdych is not a saint either. In fact none of these would be elected the Pope.

TMF wrote:Deliberately cheats by taking extra time between points so that he can grinf his opponents down with long rallies.

Monfils, Simon, Djokovic, Murray can also play long rallies. How many slams does Monfils have?

TMF wrote:He's the sorest loser ever. Bumping Rosol at W, basically calling Soderling lucky for kicking his fat wedgie filled a** at RG.

None of these players like to lose. Soderling argued with the umpire about a different match, IIRC. If you want to wear such coloured glasses, it is your choice.

TMF wrote:Then deliberately making his opponents wait before the match, at the net and during changeovers.

Remember McEnroe's advice to Murray. Winking

TMF wrote:The guy tries to use every trick in the book (and some that he has invented) both legal (just about) and illegal to win. This guy is a total disgrace. He deserves no respect just pure contempt for his underhanded, nasty, cheating ways that have ruined this great sport.

The umpires are probably sleeping on their jobs, correct?

TMF wrote:I suspect, as most people do too, that he is a druggy as well. I mean what's there to stop him. His endurance game is the one that would benefit most from EPO and he has already proven on multiple occasions that he will stop at nothing to win, even if it means selling his soul to the devil through pure and blatant cheating.

This forum is full of such suspicions. Not any different, is it?

LuvSports! wrote: Nadal exceeds the time rule a lot.

Where are the umpires? There are many others. Winking

I also see a lot of comments moaning about umpires giving Djokovic and Cilic time violations. Do I need to quote comments from OTF? You should see what The Mighty Federer has to say about it as well. I have posted the BBC video here often. Let me know if you want me to dig it up.

High humidity in Acapulco, hence two towels, one of each side of the court. Do you recall that?

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:12 pm

LuvSports! wrote:Takes very questionable medical timeouts when the opponent is ahead or to wrestle away the momentum.

Petzschner's MTO did not help hm, did it.

LuvSports! wrote:Takes toilet breaks before someone serves for the match.

Very bad from my perspective. I had expected the umpire to refuse.

Federer did very well to maintain his focus and serve it out. Big Grin

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:26 pm

Petzschner's MTO did not help hm, did it.

Are you asking me or telling me?
http://anygivensurface.wordpress.com/2010/06/27/petzschner-unhappy-with-nadals-medical-time-out/

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:34 pm

LF is talking about the fact that Petzschner took an MTO after the 4th set in that match.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Larry Ellison wrote:
paulcz wrote: Actually I think our comments are very modest.
I showed this forum to a Federer fan on another forum, and they thought that you are a narrow minded cretin with a desperately low IQ.
But of course, I don't agree with that.

That is a typical Nadal's fan comment and I do not have to show it anybody to understand what Nadal and his fans are like. Please ask your Fed fan, what he tells about your comment and what IQ he derives from that. First of all do not tell him that it is your own.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:01 pm

As I said, I totally disagreed with him.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:05 pm

Paul, all the Fed fans worth their salt are on this forum NADAL FANS - Page 5 4006036031
The ones left over on v2 are all closet Nadal fans, too.
It is simply impossible to be a Novak or Federer fan and like Nadal at the same time.

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:06 pm

noleisthebest wrote:NADAL FANS - Page 5 4006036031
Yep, that must be it.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:20 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Paul, all the Fed fans worth their salt are on this forum NADAL FANS - Page 5 4006036031
It is simply impossible to be a Novak or Federer fan and like Nadal at the same time.

Winking
The problem of V2 is that most of them are obviously not able to come up with their views and by their own arguments go against an overall prevailing view, which is built by a help of so-called moderators. Yes, there are some exceptions, but v2 overall image is broken heavily by that.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:53 pm

The thing is Paul, they'd rather post on v2 and be scared of what they can and cannot say, be sent "wooden spoon" PM messages from mods, have their posts deleted and discussion topics limited, then come here; it says a lot about them, doesn't it?
And as I said before, all the best people left it and came here anyway, with an exception of a few others who aren't regulars there, just post from time to time. The regulars are fairly average and rarely have any meaningful, insightful discussions, all the same old "safe" and old stuff.
I felt it on my skin there very early on, and never felt free there, but suffocated from Nadal fans and mods who even complained when I was happy about Nole winning....Wooffie was one of those who couldn't bear it so she left it and started her own blog.
A lot of them are plain envious of OTF, too, that's why some can't help themselves and try to drag it down with their "let's save Nadal from the nasty OTF" syndrome, either by coming here and starting trouble or just badmouthing OTF there or other forums via open or private messages. Very hypocritical.
That's why I don't really miss any of them. Everyone's got a choice and I am very, very happy with mine NADAL FANS - Page 5 650269930

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:16 pm

noleisthebest wrote:The thing is Paul, they'd rather post on v2 and be scared of what they can and cannot say, be sent "wooden spoon" PM messages from mods, have their posts deleted and discussion topics limited, then come here; it says a lot about them, doesn't it?
And as I said before, all the best people left it and came here anyway, with an exception of a few others who aren't regulars there anyway, just post from time to time. The regulars are fairly average and rarely have any meaningful, insightful discussion.
I felt it on my skin there very early on, and never felt free there, but suffocated from Nadal fans and mods who even complained when I was happy about Nole winning....Wooffie was one of those who couldn't bear it so she left it and started her own blog.
A lot of them are plain envious of OTF, too, that's why some can't help themselves and try to drag it down with their "let's save Nadal from the nasty OTF" syndrome.
That's why I don't really miss any of them. Everyone's got a choice and I am very, very happy with mine NADAL FANS - Page 5 650269930

Absolutely agree. OTF basics are well built up and thanks to Ten that nobody can infringe into discussions as mods, which is pure nonsense.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:54 pm

noleisthebest wrote:It is simply impossible to be a Novak or Federer fan and like Nadal at the same time.

Quite right. And those who are such fans do not belong on OTF. Winking

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:57 pm

LF - What do you like about Nadal? You defend him but I hardly ever read you praising his game. Am I wrong?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by wilson_nxt Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Last edited by wilson_nxt on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total

wilson_nxt

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:11 pm

Virtually all the threads here mention Nadal Laugh

Wilson, it's not just TT Warehouse- I showed this to some big Federer fans on MTL and they also thought they this was a forum of crazy fruitcakes who are convinced they are correct.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:12 pm

YOu back? It did not take you long? NADAL FANS - Page 5 2033450363 Keep learning.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:21 pm

Tenez wrote:LF - What do you like about Nadal? You defend him but I hardly ever read you praising his game. Am I wrong?

I like his tenacity. I like the energy into every point, even if he is losing.

Do I like the endless slug-fests? - no. I would like a balance between slow and fast courts. I am glad Stuttgart is getting grass, even though it may be too late for some players and their careers.
Do I like some of his MTOs? - no. I had much rather a player retire and forfeit the match. Perhaps draconian, but it is warranted to avoid the MTO abuse that I see from many players, not just one specific one.
Do I like his time-between-the-points? - no. I am glad to see umpires finally calling time violations - I want them to be even more strict. I would even put a shot clock for the public to see.
Do I like the on-court coaching? - no. I would much rather see a player disqualified if coaching is not allowed rather than paltry fines which amount to nothing. If WTA-style coaching is allowed then ATP should explicitly state that in a rule and it should be available to all, not just a few. I would like to see live microphones in every players box like USO, if they sit within 15 feet/5m of the playing area.
Do I like the the habits? - I can tolerate them, but the umpires need to clamp down on it as well.
Do I like players arguing with the umpires? - no. I prefer the US NBA rules, where a coach and/or player can be thrown out. Till coaching is officially allowed in ATP/ITF, if I had my way, I would put player boxes farther away from the players.

PS: I agree with Federer when he says Nadal is unique. IMVHO, he is, his idiosyncrasies and all.

Last edited by laverfan on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:27 pm

wilson_nxt wrote:
Tenez wrote: "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." So those people who think this site is extreme cause we expose the absurdity of tennis and sport in general can stay at v2 thinking they belong “the well and moderate thinkers of this world”. Wilson NXT was a typical example of those people, good ridance...though he is always welcome to visit and learn.
Expose the absurdity of tennis? All that is exposed is that posters on here eat too many lemons - far too bitter. This place is an embarrassment to us Fed fans.
Typical of V2? Hey? I don't even post there, this forum is a laughing stock on TT Warehouse, please keep it going.
Good riddance? Trust me the feeling is mutual, although I don't expect you'll keep this post up.
Visit & learn? Haha....nice one mate.
Oh and I love pseudo-intellectual quotes - please let me return one from Erasmus - "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king"
Enjoy your reign over what amounts to nothing much more than a bunch of sycophantic conspiracy theorists who profess to love tennis yet seem to love slagging off Nadal fans and not much else. Do you all live in the same house as well? NADAL FANS - Page 5 2033450363

@T... A bit more tolerance and sanity with a sense of balance and less arrogance may help get you more posters here. Wilson has not been abusive to anyone here, but has made his viewpoint clear. You seem to dislike an opposing point of view as do many posters who agree with you but dislike any opposition.

@Wilson_nxt... if you stop posting here, I will understand. Hug PS: I am glad another Federer fan appreciates Nadal.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:30 pm

laverfan wrote:
Tenez wrote:LF - What do you like about Nadal? You defend him but I hardly ever read you praising his game. Am I wrong?

I like his tenacity.
Yes I give you that. But isn;t that helped by "extraodinary" stamina?

I like the energy into every point, even if he is losing.
Yep...again thanks to "extraordinary" physique, isn't it?

Do I like the endless slug-fests? - no. I would like a balance between slow and fast courts. I am glad Stuttgart is getting grass, even though it may be too late for some players and their careers.
Do I like some of his MTOs? - no. I had much rather a player retire and forfeit the match. Perhaps draconian, but it is warranted to avoid the MTO abuse that I see from many players, not just one specific one.
Do I like his time-between-the-points? - no. I am glad to see umpires finally calling time violations - I want them to be even more strict. I would even put a shot clock for the public to see.
Do I like the on-court coaching? - no. I would much rather see a player disqualified if coaching is not allowed rather than paltry fines which amount to nothing. If WTA-style coaching is allowed then ATP should explicitly state that in a rule and it should be available to all, not just a few. I would like to see live microphones in every players box like USO, if they sit within 15 feet/5m of the playing area.
Do I like the the habits? - I can tolerate them, but the umpires need to clamp down on it as well.
Do I like players arguing with the umpires? - no. I prefer the US NBA rules, where a coach and/or player can be thrown out. Till coaching is officially allowed in ATP/ITF, if I had my way, I would put player boxes farther away from the players.
[/quote]

NADAL FANS - Page 5 2033450363..so clearly you are worse than me (and very much like most of us if anything). Now I understand why you keep posting here NADAL FANS - Page 5 1071211947. You have found many more points about what you don't like him than why you like him.

So Because you refuse to question his "extraordinary" physique, you still gove him credit. Fair enough. I am way too down to earth to still believe in those "extraordinary" physical performances. I am not the fool who thinks he is wise....unlike others.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:32 pm

laverfan wrote:
wilson_nxt wrote:
Tenez wrote: "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." So those people who think this site is extreme cause we expose the absurdity of tennis and sport in general can stay at v2 thinking they belong “the well and moderate thinkers of this world”. Wilson NXT was a typical example of those people, good ridance...though he is always welcome to visit and learn.
Expose the absurdity of tennis? All that is exposed is that posters on here eat too many lemons - far too bitter. This place is an embarrassment to us Fed fans.
Typical of V2? Hey? I don't even post there, this forum is a laughing stock on TT Warehouse, please keep it going.
Good riddance? Trust me the feeling is mutual, although I don't expect you'll keep this post up.
Visit & learn? Haha....nice one mate.
Oh and I love pseudo-intellectual quotes - please let me return one from Erasmus - "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king"
Enjoy your reign over what amounts to nothing much more than a bunch of sycophantic conspiracy theorists who profess to love tennis yet seem to love slagging off Nadal fans and not much else. Do you all live in the same house as well? NADAL FANS - Page 5 2033450363

@T... A bit more tolerance and sanity with a sense of balance and less arrogance may help get you more posters here. Wilson has not been abusive to anyone here, but has made his viewpoint clear. You seem to dislike an opposing point of view as do many posters who agree with you but dislike any opposition.

@Wilson_nxt... if you stop posting here, I will understand. NADAL FANS - Page 5 1101037640 PS: I am glad another Federer fan appreciates Nadal.

Hold on....I don;t go on other people's forum and start to criticise and be negative at every corner...Wilson was the arrogant one thinking he knew what was right from wrong...you know the fool Shakespeare refers to!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:33 pm

Tenez wrote:Wilson was the arrogant one thinking he knew what was right from wrong...
Maybe he learnt it from you?
LOL

Our Tinpot Fridge

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Tenez wrote:
laverfan wrote:

I like his tenacity.
Yes I give you that. But isn;t that helped by "extraodinary" stamina?

This is where I have a fundamental disagreement with you. The term extraordinary is very subjective. Not just Nadal, but many of these are extraordinary athletes. Just look for McEnroe's 6+ hour marathon matches.

Tenez wrote:
I like the energy into every point, even if he is losing.
Yep...again thanks to "extraordinary" physique, isn't it?

Your focus on physique is why Wilson_nxt calls this a house of comedy.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next