Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
A little something for the Nole fans EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
A little something for the Nole fans EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
A little something for the Nole fans EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
A little something for the Nole fans EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
A little something for the Nole fans EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
A little something for the Nole fans EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
A little something for the Nole fans EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
A little something for the Nole fans EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
A little something for the Nole fans EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

A little something for the Nole fans

5 posters

Go down

A little something for the Nole fans Empty A little something for the Nole fans

Post by HM Murdoch Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Nice little comment in tonight's London Evening Standard:

Glad Novak's back playing the Djoker
Novak Djokovic seems to have his mojo back. The Serb has looked out of sorts during the clay and grass-court seasons but at the US Open he seems to be in high spirits again. So far he has entertained crowds by dirty dancing with a lawnmower and inviting a young man who shouted "will you marry me" at him from the sidelines to come down onto the court and have a serve. This is the Djoker we love to love. Everyone else, beware.

HM Murdoch

Back to top Go down

A little something for the Nole fans Empty Re: A little something for the Nole fans

Post by noleisthebest Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:51 pm

Evening Standards, wow, Nole's making huge strides towards becoming a household name in the land that follows tennis two weeks a year!

Except, that Nole never lost his mojo: just because he loses a final/match now and then to Rog does not mean a thing....he's not bothered about those peanuts tournaments, slams only A little something for the Nole fans 83870220

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

A little something for the Nole fans Empty Re: A little something for the Nole fans

Post by noleisthebest Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:55 pm

I can't believe it, Petzner did NOT make a comeback in the 5th A little something for the Nole fans 2033450363

oooops, wrong thread A little something for the Nole fans 2211252749

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdoch Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:59 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Evening Standards, wow, Nole's making huge strides towards becoming a household name in the land that follows tennis two weeks a year!
That's what surprised me! I like the fact it's now assumed the general public are aware of him!

HM Murdoch

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:06 pm

I've noticed American media have considerably softened towards him, as if they finally began to realise which side their bread was being buttered.....makes me sick a bit after all he had to put up with, main thing is he's still happy because of it.
I think a lot of people like him as he is not difficult to like compared to some who can barely string a sentence in English A little something for the Nole fans 123628122

The thing is, Nole is almost too eager to please, and people read it the wrong way. I wish he was more arrogant when it comes to that, eg that "proposal" incident. Try to imagine what Federer or Nadal would have done...I think they'd've ignored the kid, I wish he did the same...but then, that's him A little something for the Nole fans 2774444739

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:56 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I've noticed American media have considerably softened towards him, as if they finally began to realise which side their bread was being buttered.....makes me sick a bit after all he had to put up with, main thing is he's still happy because of it.
I think a lot of people like him as he is not difficult to like compared to some who can barely string a sentence in English A little something for the Nole fans 123628122

The thing is, Nole is almost too eager to please, and people read it the wrong way. I wish he was more arrogant when it comes to that, eg that "proposal" incident. Try to imagine what Federer or Nadal would have done...I think they'd've ignored the kid, I wish he did the same...but then, that's him A little something for the Nole fans 2774444739

Nitb, I totally agree.

I only hope that the fans will not disrupt Nole with similar incidents next, that is dangerous for him. He should be careful that this can turn out against hime,when playing close matches.

I think that during that match it was A little something for the Nole fans 3885497126

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:12 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

Serious??!! I have no doubt that Fed and Nadal would have done the same. Nadal even got kissed by a male fan during a match! And Roger got harassed by a supporter in one of his most important slam final (the FO) and neither reacted negatively....so a kid in a training session would have been treated differently? no I don't think so.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:33 pm

Fans keep looking for ways to show love for their player. Laugh . Only once I've seen a player reacted negatively to an intruder in a match. It was Andrew Symonds and at Gabba. Watch it here, its very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTWOk6slU_Y

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down