Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Aus open prediction game: Day 7 - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Aus open prediction game: Day 7 - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Aus open prediction game: Day 7 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Aus open prediction game: Day 7 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Aus open prediction game: Day 7 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Aus open prediction game: Day 7 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Aus open prediction game: Day 7 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Aus open prediction game: Day 7 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Aus open prediction game: Day 7 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Aus open prediction game: Day 7

+9
Daniel2
paulcz
legendkillar
bogbrush
Jahu
noleisthebest
summerblues
Tenez
luvsports!
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Aus open prediction game: Day 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aus open prediction game: Day 7

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:08 pm

Hehe, so I’m alone in the corner one more time.
Who cares, I can party with myself! diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Aus open prediction game: Day 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aus open prediction game: Day 7

Post by legendkillar Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:09 pm

Easy Mac! The guard hasn’t changed just yet!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:09 pm

The only thing that sucks is that bet365 cut the stream just as Mac was about to start his interview Wah

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:11 pm

Man didn’t Tsits light tennis world to iht or what!!!!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:12 pm

For you NITB!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:14 pm

Daniel2 wrote:As usual, Federer gets the early difficult match - and a rising star.  Nadal gets a cake walk.  I hope Stefano batters him.  Tired of his shit easy draws.
He just beat Berdych, who Fed faced last year in the QF, and Wimbledon semi 2018. So were those easy draws?
I agree Tsitsi is harder than Berdych though, let’s see if he’s got the ability to back up this win and reach the final.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:17 pm

fuck this, fuckkkkkk another 1820 points lost

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:21 pm

legendkillar wrote:

For you NITB!
LOL!
Brad Pit looks like a pussy cat, where did they found him for that role! Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:26 pm

Berdych... lol.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:29 pm

Cheer up everyone, tennis is in good hands.

Fed had to “go” one day.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:31 pm

For me it is really sad to imagine that this sharpy Tsip will replace Roger on his spot and he has already done it. 
It is clear that this would happen any close time, but now, it is one of the darkest tennis day for me.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:35 pm

Daniel2 wrote:Berdych... lol.
You didn’t say that in Winby 2017 semi or AO 2018 QF though did you?
Also Fed has had 3 quite easy opponents so far, and would have faced an exhausted Agut in the QF. 
I’ll admit though, Tsitsi’s level was very high, and he showed great mental strength in the key moments which I haven’t seen from other youngsters so far.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:38 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Cheer up everyone, tennis is in good hands.

Fed had to “go” one day.
Hi Nitb, you are right, but this Tsip, why he? He reminds me of a sharper from the former Bundesrepublik of Deutschland. He is the second one behind Nadal in terms of players character.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:44 pm

paulcz wrote:

Fed had to “go” one day.
Hi Nitb, you are right, but this Tsip, why he? He reminds me of a sharper from the former Bundesrepublik of Deutschland. He is the second one behind Nadal in terms of players character.
Why, what’s wrong with him?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:54 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:

Fed had to “go” one day.
He takes challenges on balls, which were absolutely clear, medical time, umpire s talk. He does everything to disrupt his opponent, very similar to Nadal. At least he plays fast and aggressive style, but in terms of character zero.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:56 pm

Fed had to “go” one day.
It’s in Djokovic’s hands.

Those are dangerous hands, the sport won’t survive if that boring style is all that’s on offer. I dont think people realise to what extent it has depended on Federer being on the scene even if he wasn’t winnning.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:57 pm

paulcz wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:

Fed had to “go” one day.
He takes challenges on balls, which were absolutely clear, medical time, umpire s talk. He does everything to disrupt his opponent, very similar to Nadal. At least he plays fast and aggressive style, but in terms of character zero.
Yes, I said earlier in the thread I saw plenty of intent in his timing of disruption.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:05 pm

paulcz wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:

Fed had to “go” one day.
Paul, you are reading too much into it.
The guy is young, only 20. It never crossed my mind he was disruptive with calls. They were all close anyway. Sometimes it is wishful seeing.

I didn’t see the MTO, but doubt Fed had any momentum at the time, he was on the back foot all the time after the second set.

Anyway, if you see him same as Nadal, we’ll agree to disagree.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:12 pm

I haven't seen enough of him yet. I'm not annoyed that Fed seems to always get the tougher early opponents.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:22 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:

For you NITB!
LOL!
Brad Pit looks like a pussy cat, where did they found him for that role! Laugh

He's not bad in the flick. An interesting story when making the film was when Eric Bana who played Hector when preparing for the fight scene with Pitt had a bet that they had to pay $10 for each un-necessary strike on each other. Bana ended up paying Pitt $120 and Pitt not paying a cent which showed how clean his work was. 

Thought a rallying cry from a Greek epitomises hopefully Tistipas's journey in this tournament.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:27 pm

bogbrush wrote:
paulcz wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:

Fed had to “go” one day.
Yes, I said earlier in the thread I saw plenty of intent in his timing of disruption.

Nah. Nothing in it. For me it was more controlling his own nerves than actually disrupting Federer. He'd know that Federer has been around the blocks and that type of gamesmanship doesn't do anything in disruptive to Federer's flow.

As for the further comment above about the HE challenges. Not seen a Murray match then. He'd would probably challenge a ball that landed in the stands. Least Tsipi actually challenged quickly and not waited an age.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:28 pm

bogbrush wrote:

Fed had to “go” one day.
It’s in Djokovic’s hands.

Those are dangerous hands, the sport won’t survive if that boring style is all that’s on offer. I dont think people realise to what extent it has depended on Federer being on the scene even if he wasn’t winnning.
Tsip has really good hands, fast legs, strong mentality and plays aggresive tennis really well, but looks crooky in my eyes. I quite agree that he is just one, who tennis needs, but then there are we as fans, who appreciate not only the game but players as characters. We still have Federer, who has the best game and was fair on the court, but his successor is not that kind of package, so that is why I am upset from the result. But all in all, tennis needs all kind of characters to attract its fans, but we can call it the golden era of tennis just ends.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:48 pm

Some journalists not happy with Nadal's comments on equal pay, comparing it to Federer's reply
https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/status/1086975799289237505

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:52 pm

Yes, I really don;t care much about Fed losing today as frankly I don;t think he has it in him to win slams without a W.O. in that second week.

But what really pisses me off is that I thought I be one rooting for Tsi as he looks like a SVing version of Guga...but as Paul says he is a bit of cheat and that is very disappointing.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:54 pm

Tenez wrote:Yes, I really don;t care much about Fed losing today as frankly I don;t think he has it in him to win slams without a W.O. in that second week.

But what really pisses me off is that I thought I be one rooting for Tsi as he looks like a SVing version of Guga...but as Paul says he is a bit of cheat and that is very disappointing.

Well finally Paul and you agree about something! Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:19 pm

don't worry I will still support him over Nadal and Djoko. Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:33 pm

DEC1M7 wrote:Some journalists not happy with Nadal's comments on equal pay, comparing it to Federer's reply
https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/status/1086975799289237505

Like that’s the biggest problem in the world we have...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:37 pm

I have just read Fed announced he’ll play on clay this year, so it’s not all bad news.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:25 pm

I thought it was a very good match.  Federer not quite at his best but better than what I saw of him earlier this week.  I thought Fed was serving very well and played decent otherwise.  But, just like earlier this week, it was his FH that was misfiring a little too much.  He saw 2nd serves and was able to get into rallies on a number of the BPs but would inevitably make un unforced error.

Tsitsipas was very impressive.  Throughout he seemed to have the upper hand in most of the rallies.  Even in the 2nd set where Fed was cruising on his serves and Tsitsipas was struggling to hold, I thought other than serve, he was at least Fed's equal.  After that, Fed looked definitely the 2nd best.

He does not hit BHs as breathtaking as Shapo does, but his BHs looks more natural and cleaner than Shapo's to me.

I never had the feeling that he was playing above himself and that his level was bound to drop.  It seemed like he would be able to sustain the same level indefinitely.

Not happy Fed lost, but if he had to lose, Tsitsipas would definitely be on my shortlist of players to lose to.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:31 pm

Rafa' route to the final:

Rd 1: Duckworth
Rd 2: Ebden
Rd 3: De Minaur (27th seed)
Rd 4: Berdych
QF: Tiafoe
SF: Tsitsipas (14th) or Bautista Agut (22nd)

This looks very friendly.  Who knows, maybe we will think otherwise at the end of the year after Tsitsipas and Tiafoe have split this year's slam titles, but these are not exactly top names from the current rankings list.

What do we think?  Rafa vs Agut in the SF after Agut beats Tsitsipas in 5 sets?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:02 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:

Fed had to “go” one day.
Paul, you are reading too much into it.
The guy is young, only 20. It never crossed my mind he was disruptive with calls. They were all close anyway. Sometimes it is wishful seeing.

I didn’t see the MTO, but doubt Fed had any momentum at the time, he was on the back foot all the time after the second set.

Anyway, if you see him same as Nadal, we’ll agree to disagree.

His age is just the reason why his behaviour irritates me even more. It is scary that his gamesmanship is so enormous as being that young. But on funny note, we could see some circuss  when he plays Nadal. I wish that happening in the semi.
But his aggressive game is rightly in the spotlight.

I am convinced that his gamesmanship was a big part of match strategy and it worked well. He just got Federer out off the rails, 12 missed break points says it all. He lost his rhytm and gave up the match in his mind. Regardless to the fact that Fed lost his half step on the court.

But in any case Tsip is not at Nadal's level in terms of cheating and gamesmanship and I dont think that someone can catch up with him.  Only area where I think Tsip is even worse than him it is his appearance. Tsip reminds me of some artists from German show Ein kessel buntes from 80's.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Come onnnn Agut, take this AO!!!  Laugh Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:00 pm

Jahu wrote:Come onnnn Agut, take this AO!!!  Laugh Laugh
I would not mind! Glad he got rid of Cilic.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:03 pm

Anyone except Djoko/Nadal is welcome, even someone called Puille  Big Grin

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:05 pm

Jahu wrote:Anyone except Djoko/Nadal is welcome, even someone called Puille  Big Grin
Nah...Nole or Tsits for me, to the rest - good luck!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:11 pm

paulcz wrote:
His age is just the reason why his behaviour irritates me even more. It is scary that his gamesmanship is so enormous as being that young. But on funny note, we could see some circuss  when he plays Nadal. I wish that happening in the semi.
But his aggressive game is rightly in the spotlight.

I am convinced that his gamesmanship was a big part of match strategy and it worked well. He just got Federer out off the rails, 12 missed break points says it all. He lost his rhytm and gave up the match in his mind. Regardless to the fact that Fed lost his half step on the court.

But in any case Tsip is not at Nadal's level in terms of cheating and gamesmanship and I dont think that someone can catch up with him.  Only area where I think Tsip is even worse than him it is his appearance. Tsip reminds me of some artists from German show Ein kessel buntes from 80's.
As I said, I didn’t get any vibe Tsits is a cheater of any kind. His game is too good to be coming out of a cheater.
I get it he reminds you of something you didn’t like, as for me, he reminds me of the deep blue Ionian sea bathing lazily in summer sunshine. Just lovely!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:22 pm

Federer playing clay season seems to me like a last time goodbye of all great tournaments

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:31 pm

paulcz wrote:from German show Ein kessel buntes from 80's.
Wow!  Brings back memories.  Not only German; East German.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:31 pm

As for nadal... dont think he can do much with djokovic around

bautista will be a test for tsitsipas, but the greek has more tennis in him

havent seen much of tiafoe, and havent seen anything from nadal since usopen... but I kinda feel he will go from one injury to another from now on till retirement

of course, I wish to be wrong. but I am in peace with the fact that his career is almost over... he had a great record and I have enjoyed a lot since 2004

would be surprised if nole doesnt win this one

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:32 pm

naxroy wrote:Federer playing clay season seems to me like a last time goodbye of all great tournaments
No no no no no no no…  He will win RG.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:36 pm

summerblues wrote:
naxroy wrote:Federer playing clay season seems to me like a last time goodbye of all great tournaments

lol I know I was too obvious

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:16 pm

summerblues wrote:

God sake, you're getting worst than me  Laugh

MC or Rome I'm happy enough smiley

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:31 pm

Agree.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:53 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I have just read Fed announced he’ll play on clay this year, so it’s not all bad news.

Sounds very like a farewell tour then.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:19 pm

I managed to find my first ever comment on Tsitsipas (25th of June 2016, Boodles)

noleisthebest wrote:
At Boodles, just saw number one junior (Greek!) play GG Lopez, only 17 AND a SBH!!!
Nice player.
There is hope!
diva

Next, Haase -Taylor Fritz.
The announcer said he has just got engaged. At 18!!!!!!

I really liked him that day, but not in my wildest dreams could I imagine he would turn into such a great player he was today.

What I find amazing is how painlessly and healthily I have accepted Fed's defeat today.
Tsitsipas has thrilled me so much and lit up some fire that even Fed looked distant, despite some great fighting, serving and volleys.

When Federer and Tsitsipas were going to play in Hopman Cup a few weeks ago, I was excited about their first match and  expecting Fed to make some raving comments about Tsits afterwards as they had two close TBs. Normally, Fed is very generous with young generation...but to my big surprise he was almost tight-lipped...same as he was with Nole many years ago.
And it was then that I knew he was fearing him.

All in all, it was a special match for me.

Tennis feast, plus all the symbolism of youth vs old age.
Tsits was simply brilliant.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:27 pm

summerblues wrote:Rafa' route to the final:

This looks very friendly.  Who knows, maybe we will think otherwise at the end of the year after Tsitsipas and Tiafoe have split this year's slam titles, but these are not exactly top names from the current rankings list.

Doesn't get any easier, does it?

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:37 pm

Daniel2 wrote:
summerblues wrote:Rafa' route to the final:

Doesn't get any easier, does it?
Route to the final isn't the whole picture though, given that Djokovic is waiting in the final.

Does it get easier? Yeah. Fed's overall route in 2018 is, considering that Cilic is a much easier final opponent than Djokovic.

How about:
R1- Bedene
R2- Struff
R3- Gasquet
R4- Fucsovic
QF- Berdych
SF- Chung (blister, injured)
F- Cilic

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:20 am

This was Djokovic's run in for USO 2018:

R1- Fucsovic
R2- Sandgren
R3- Gasquet
R4- Sousa
QF- Millman
SF- Nishikori (exhausted after many 5 setters in a row)
F- Del Potro

Instead of draw conspiracy theories, or berating the good luck of every player you don't like in avoiding the 'tough players', perhaps we can just accept that the next generations are so weak that the only world class players you'd face are the injury prone older guys. Thus recent run-ins have been simpler.
Maybe Tsitsipas will change that this fortnight.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:49 am

DEC1M7 wrote:
Does it get easier? Yeah. Fed's overall route in 2018 is, considering that Cilic is a much easier final opponent than Djokovic.

How about:
R1- Bedene
R2- Struff
R3- Gasquet
R4- Fucsovic
QF- Berdych
SF- Chung (blister, injured)
F- Cilic

Agree. BUt Fed did it while not being 100% and he even did it the previous year against your man not being 100% either.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:36 am

Is anyone ever 100%??

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next