Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
open - US open prediction game: Final day - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
open - US open prediction game: Final day - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
open - US open prediction game: Final day - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
open - US open prediction game: Final day - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
open - US open prediction game: Final day - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
open - US open prediction game: Final day - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
open - US open prediction game: Final day - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
open - US open prediction game: Final day - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
open - US open prediction game: Final day - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

US open prediction game: Final day

+8
naxroy
Jahu
summerblues
gallery play
Daniel
Tenez
luvsports!
noleisthebest
12 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

open - US open prediction game: Final day - Page 5 Empty Re: US open prediction game: Final day

Post by naxroy Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:10 am

summerblues wrote:Congrats naxroy on your man's win.  Cannot say I am happy about it (Sad), but enjoy.  Good to have you around.  Hopefully you will last here through the rest of the year and beyond.

I also enjoy if its federer, murray, stan, nole winning (anybody really) I just enjoy more if its nadal

contrary to some people here I dont hate or dislike any particular tennis player, not at least any of the top guys

naxroy

Back to top Go down

open - US open prediction game: Final day - Page 5 Empty Re: US open prediction game: Final day

Post by gallery play Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:13 am

Congrats to...yeah right...

Winking

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:31 am

naxroy wrote:
summerblues wrote:Congrats naxroy on your man's win.  Cannot say I am happy about it (Sad), but enjoy.  Good to have you around.  Hopefully you will last here through the rest of the year and beyond.

I also enjoy if its federer, murray, stan, nole winning (anybody really) I just enjoy more if its nadal

contrary to some people here I dont hate or dislike any particular tennis player, not at least any of the top guys

I don't dislike Nadal per se, just his selfish pursuit of glory at the cost of his opponents.
Pressure on umpires, TDs.

If you can still like him knowing that, fine, it's your choice.

I know life is hard and people need little bit of sugar on a daily basis.

Still, think about the consequences...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:50 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

I don't dislike Nadal per se, just his selfish pursuit of glory at the cost of his opponents.

I dont see any of that

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:33 pm

naxroy wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

I dont see any of that

Then you aren't using your eyes.  He demanded they never use blue clay again, he asked for more clay court tournaments and less hard court, he violates the time rule repeatedly, he demands special time slots from the TDs (along with his fat gangster uncle), he screams and shouts and fist pumps all the time. A clear sign of obnoxiousness (if people did this at a club, they'd be called unsporting.  Which they would be). Bumped into Rosol on  a changeover just because he was losing. Double speak in almost all of his post match interviews when beaten.

He's the worst sportsman tennis has ever seen. He's self serving and obnoxious.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Daniel wrote:

Then you aren't using your eyes.  He demanded they never use blue clay again, he asked for more clay court tournaments and less hard court, he violates the time rule repeatedly, he demands special time slots from the TDs (along with his fat gangster uncle), he screams and shouts and fist pumps all the time. A clear sign of obnoxiousness (if people did this at a club, they'd be called unsporting.  Which they would be). Bumped into Rosol on  a changeover just because he was losing. Double speak in almost all of his post match interviews when beaten.

most of the players on tour say he is a great ambassador of the sport and a great guy, but Daniel from ourtennisforum is probably right

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:12 pm

naxroy wrote:
Daniel wrote:

most of the players on tour say he is a great ambassador of the sport and a great guy, but Daniel from ourtennisforum is probably right

This right here is why you are a fanboy.  You came back to all the above - including the Rosol incident - by citing an argument to authority (a logical fallacy) - and then attacked me.  You didn't address anything I said.  Then, like a total moron, you'll be back again tomorrow to say "I don'''tttt getttt IIITITTTT!  I DON't SEE ANY OF WHAT YOU GUYS SEE!"

Yeah, cause you are a fanboy with your fingers in your ears.  Get a clue.  Doh

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:13 pm

Boy?

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:46 pm

It applies equally to males and females. Assuming you are female, you need to stop looking at his biceps, his bulge, his butt picking, and bald head, and start using your brain more.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:03 pm

I will learn to use my brain to accept the success of players I dislike just as graciously as you do.

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:18 am

You can't even accept facts about your hero if they are negative.  As evidenced by your above exchange.  You'll be back tomorrow to say you have just nooooo idea why he's disliked.  

I don't care about who or isn't gracious.  Anyone who supports Nadal has had to live a life of ignorance regarding the little cretin. Indeed, that's how you responded to the allegations I made (factual).  Not even a denial.  Just "meh".  It kind of confirms what I've always suspected... A lot of Nadal fans have the same personality issues that he does. You'd sing a very different tune if you were his opponent watching him grunt, fist pump, and get preferential treatment.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:15 am

Daniel, I didnt respond to each of your accusations because in my opinion its pure nonsense. Ive seen people break raquets, a player telling another that another player slept with his girlfriend, players insulting umpire on a regular basis ... players insulting eachother after a volley to the body....
Nadal never insults, never breaks raquet, never throws ball... he might have had an argument with umpire here and there but always keeping it under the respect line at least in the manners or at least in comparison to what many others do more often anyway.
you talk about him complaining about the blue clay as if that was bad in any sense, which is not, and above all, he did it along with more players. you talk about an incident with rosol and that is true... of course rosol played his part too, but anyway, thats one example in 15 years, and not that it was realy remarcable I would say, compared to many things happening oncourt along the season. he also had his issues with berdych and soderling, but again, all very easy going I would say.
His fist pumping, his screaming or grunting... are you serious?? that makes him a bad sportsman?? I cant even debate about that

the one thing you are correct, the one thing that really has received complains from other players is the time violation on serve, and that I cannot deny

only say he is not the only one.
but even then, I agree with him in his reasoning, not every point is the same, so it is not reasonable that after a super long rally time has to be the same, cos it simply is not enough, so the umpire is there to make his/her judgement, otherwise a clock would be more effective that an umpire, but also less fair.

as I said above, I didnt respond before cos to be honest, all your "facts" seem like a bunch of biased and weak accusations.

but my answer was for me the main point, the rest of players and coaches and umpires have a high concept of Rafa as a sportsman. its only sone tennis fans who accuse him of bad sportsmanship.

of course you are entitled to have your opinion, and you are not alone, but still I disagree, does that make me a brainless fanboy/girl? I guess in your "with me or against me world" yes

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:28 am

The use of grammar on this thread is appalling beyond belief!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:43 am

It's not the grammar that bothers me....more the childish personal attacks. I really command Naxroy for not going down that road.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:35 am

We really need temp to come across from 606v2 and moderate this forum.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:38 am

bogbrush wrote:We really need temp to come across from 606v2 and moderate this forum.
Let's have a democratic vote on who the next mod should be, can include posters on this forum or posters we can bring on here from 606v2.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:39 am

bogbrush wrote:We really need temp to come across from 606v2 and moderate this forum.
Sarcasm I guess...

I don't mind Daniel passionate ways, I just woudl not like to chase away new comers, especially of the Nadal side. It makes for good conversations. Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:41 am

legendkillar wrote:The use of grammar on this thread is appalling beyond belief!
I confess, but i'm Dutch Big Grin

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:42 am

In all seriousness Naxroy is an excellent poster (very calm!), agree with Tenez that it is good to see another Nadal fan posting on here too

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:06 am

BTW: i just realized that Sloane Stevens was ranked outside the top 80 before this tournament. Much too low obviously given her talent. But based on what i saw at the USO the girl should be on top of the list. Really unplayable at times. She's a more agile and creative version of Serena.

Need to keep her cool more often though, just like she did in NY

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:14 am

Tenez wrote:It's not the grammar that bothers me....more the childish personal attacks. I really command Naxroy for not going down that road.

I agree as insults is not the route I would favourably choose, though I will do onto others as they do onto me.

I was surprised to see that allegations were made based on facts. Which in turn mean they are not allegations.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:53 am

I value Daniel's honesty more than others' bland 606v2-ness.

At the end of the day, (at least I) come here to read interesting comments not cliches and patting  each others back.

Daniel has calmed down a lot since his early OTF days and is ok.

Regarding his exchange with naxroy, I didn't see anything personal there, he is just frustrated with how blind Nadal fans are to his ugly ways and I feel his pain there. Winking

But of course, it's good to have new people, as there is something for everyone, I suppose.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:03 pm

gallery play wrote:BTW: i just realized that Sloane Stevens was ranked outside the top 80 before this tournament. Much too low obviously given her talent. But based on what i saw at the USO the girl should be on top of the list. Really unplayable at times. She's a more agile and creative version of Serena.

Need to keep her cool more often though, just like she did in NY
I haven't seen her play for ages and forgot what she was like when I did see her, but read she is a conterpuncher and doesn't mind long rallies.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:13 pm

noleisthebest wrote:....Regarding his exchange with naxroy, I didn't see anything personal there, he is just frustrated with how blind Nadal fans are to his ugly ways and I feel his pain there. Winking....

But doesn't that apply to most of us? For instance I see a lot of humility in Federer while you and many others see arrogance.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:16 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I value Daniel's honesty more than others' bland 606v2-ness.

At the end of the day, (at least I) come here to read interesting comments not cliches and patting  each others back.

Daniel has calmed down a lot since his early OTF days and is ok.

Regarding his exchange with naxroy, I didn't see anything personal there, he is just frustrated with how blind Nadal fans are to his ugly ways and I feel his pain there. Winking

But of course, it's good to have new people, as there is something for everyone, I suppose.

I have to say that comment there is rich coming from yourself who preaches free speech. That sentence there is clearly a case of frustration that fans don't accept your views.

If Nadal fans wish to support him or idolise him, they are free to do so. If they wish to overlook or accept negative aspects of his game or him as a person, they are free to do so. I see no issue with Nadal fans. It's their choice.

Those that get frustrated by it, seriously need to get a grip.

Not everyone has to think alike.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:19 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:....Regarding his exchange with naxroy, I didn't see anything personal there, he is just frustrated with how blind Nadal fans are to his ugly ways and I feel his pain there. Winking....

But doesn't that apply to most of us? For instance I see a lot of humility in Federer while you and many others see arrogance.
and what is your post meant to say?
That you see things correctly?

you can dress it any way you like, it doesn't bother me.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:33 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:

and what is your post meant to say?
That you see things correctly?

you can dress it any way you like, it doesn't bother me.

It is meant to say what is says...we all see noon at our door as we say in French!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:17 pm

legendkillar wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

I have to say that comment there is rich coming from yourself who preaches free speech. That sentence there is clearly a case of frustration that fans don't accept your views.

If Nadal fans wish to support him or idolise him, they are free to do so.
Yeah but to be fair to NITB, many Nadal fans are in denial about how he managed to get Djokovic's wife to marry and then bring down Djokovic, so they deserve what they get.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5