Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Nadal Is Back.....In Two Weeks! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Nadal Is Back.....In Two Weeks! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Nadal Is Back.....In Two Weeks! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Nadal Is Back.....In Two Weeks! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Nadal Is Back.....In Two Weeks! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Nadal Is Back.....In Two Weeks! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Nadal Is Back.....In Two Weeks! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Nadal Is Back.....In Two Weeks! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Nadal Is Back.....In Two Weeks! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Nadal Is Back.....In Two Weeks!

+5
sphairistike
laverfan
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Tenez
noleisthebest
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nadal Is Back.....In Two Weeks! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nadal Is Back.....In Two Weeks!

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:33 am

noleisthebest wrote:Amri,
what do you think of Toni's engineering of Nadal and turning him into an artificial lefty.
Why did he do it?
Do you ever bother to read what I write??

He never played right handed tennis. He always used the LH as the stronger hand- just switched from double handed forehand to single handed forehand when Toni took over. For Nadal, it was the right choice.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Nadal Is Back.....In Two Weeks! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nadal Is Back.....In Two Weeks!

Post by laverfan Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Amri,
what do you think of Toni's engineering of Nadal and turning him into an artificial lefty.
Why did he do it?
Do you ever bother to read what I write??

Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:
He never played right handed tennis. He always used the LH as the stronger hand- just switched from double handed forehand to single handed forehand when Toni took over. For Nadal, it was the right choice.

What is the source of your point that Nadal always used his LH as the stronger hand? What is the reason for you to believe it. You have made your assumption and keep posting it every time.

And did he play only a double handed forehand and nothing off the back hand? So someone who plays double handed forehand, according to you, doesn't play right handed tennis?

Looks like Bartoli plays ( I don't know which handed since Amritia here has enlightened us here). Only if WTA also knew it. Laugh
http://www.wtatennis.com/player/marion-bartoli_2257889_1007

If someone plays DH off both wings, his/her handedness is always what is natural for him/her in most activities. As per that Nadal earlier was Right-handed (two-handed both wings).

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:12 pm

laverfan wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:LF you are looking to wum now.

I did not realise stating facts like 11 slam and 50 titles was wumming. Is it? Devil

No. Just wumming is wumming, which you fail to realize.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:15 pm

ROTLA... you're lying:
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/1117130/Rafael-Nadal

In his early years, Nadal (who wrote with his right hand) played left-handed tennis with both a two-handed forehand and backhand.
I've also watched a documentary on Nadal, and he says even when he played double handed, his left hand was always his stronger hand in tennis.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:

If someone plays DH off both wings, his/her handedness is always what is natural for him/her in most activities. As per that Nadal earlier was Right-handed (two-handed both wings).

A total lie.
Do you just make it up as you go along?

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:27 pm

Amri,
the point you don't seem to get is that most right-handedpeople's left arm will be stronger, but tennis is not about strength (except if you are Nadal obviously) in the arm , although that does play an important part.
In tennis you need to have the feel and the timing as well, and that only comes with your natural hand.
I tried it myself the other week, so I know what I am talking about.

The thing which I find totally amazing is that Nadal is able to serve with his left arm.

So, I still don't get it why he chose to switch hands. Strength does not hold any water as the argument. The only explanation is that he was not as good as his peers, so Toni engineered him into the ball-bludgeoner and chaser, and his knees and left bicep are a testimony to it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:27 pm

Accusing someone for lying on an internet forum?? Laugh Laugh . Oh Amritia..

Why would I have to "lie" here?

It never says his left hand was the stronger hand. Read properly.

In his early years, Nadal (who wrote with his right hand) played left-handed tennis with both a two-handed forehand and backhand.

Where does this say about this assumption you have been making all this while that Nadal's left hand was stronger?

Amritia3ee wrote: I've also watched a documentary on Nadal, and he says even when he played double handed, his left hand was always his stronger hand in tennis.

Source please. Else I can accuse you for lying here. Laugh Laugh

Amritia3ee wrote:

A total lie.
Do you just make it up as you go along?

I don't make anything up Amritia. Your accusation tell a lot about yourself actually ( you know what I mean ). You can tell me if I'm wrong, but why accuse me for lying? smiley

Last edited by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:32 pm

laverfan wrote:
Are you suggesting Rosol take up coaching talented players to fight death of tennis? Even the uber-talented Karlovic could not achieve what Rosol did. As I suggested, Rosol should be anointed, as well as be rewarded the Nobel Prize.

No. Since I didn't say any of the above, its you who is suggesting it all when you mentioned Djokovic showed how to beat Nadal in AO2012. You must have already recognized Djokovic for your Nobel Prize. Laugh Laugh

laverfan wrote: Oh, I wish you understood what I meant, not we. Vive le tribalism.

Huh..I used 'we' because in your last statement you quoted both me and Tenez with the same remark. Poor memory never helps you. And I do understand you. You never have a point, you just have a counter-point.

laverfan wrote:I am consistent, unlike Rosol the GOAT. Laugh

Then you shall be awarded nobel prize for it. Laugh Laugh

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:50 pm

It never says his left hand was the stronger hand. Read properly.
You said: If someone plays DH off both wings, his/her handedness is always what is natural for him/her in most activities. As per that Nadal earlier was Right-handed (two-handed both wings).
That was a lie.
Biceps wise I don't know which hand was 'stronger'; but he played left handed double handed forehand, which indicates that this is his better hand.
(Stronger has many defintions: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/stronger it doesn't necessarily mean more muscular.)

Amritia3ee wrote: I've also watched a documentary on Nadal, and he says even when he played double handed, his left hand was always his stronger hand in tennis.

Source please. Else I can accuse you for lying here. Laugh Laugh
It was on British Eurosport 2. The link is not on youtube (for copyright issues probably).

I don't make anything up Amritia.
Yes you did, you said:
As per that Nadal earlier was Right-handed (two-handed both wings).
That was made up.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:54 pm

noleisthebest wrote:In tennis you need to have the feel and the timing as well, and that only comes with your natural hand.

Right from Giorgio De Stefano all the way to Misaki Doi and many others (see ROTLA's examples), Tennis is also a matter of repetitive training. If you just try it one day and do not get a feel for serving and timing is way off, persistence will be rewarded. Try it for a month, not just a day. Winking

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:00 pm

Anyway, what we know is that you said that Nadal played right handed when he was younger.
This was fabricated, a total lie. You can clutch at straws, trying to take attention away from the fact you lied (by claiming I said his LH was 'stronger' as in more muscular, when what I was trying to say was that it was his 'better' 'stronger' hand- i.e. he played left handed tennis). I've seen videos of when Nadal was quite young- and muscle wise I think both his arms were quite similar actually.

More evidence:
http://www.anythinglefthanded.co.uk/famous/rafael-nadal.html#sthash.TWOPdcQ0.dpbs

Britannia: http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/1117130/Rafael-Nadal

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:11 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Huh..I used 'we' because in your last statement you quoted both me and Tenez with the same remark. Poor memory never helps you. And I do understand you. You never have a point, you just have a counter-point.

The quote was to show you the contradiction between never-ending stamina and running out of steam, which was the point not a counter-point. I do not blame you for missing it. Winking

Let me simplify my question, does Djokovic have endless stamina as shown in AO 2012 final? Does Murray have endless stamina beating Djokovic at USO 2012? Does Federer have endless stamina beating (Benneteau, Del Potro, Haas, Nadal, ... )?

(Perhaps this is off-topic though, since we are on a Nadal bash, a very common theme on this forum. Laugh).

Nadal's handedness must be much more interesting compared to his ability to win matches. Winking

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:34 pm

laverfan wrote:

Right from Giorgio De Stefano all the way to Misaki Doi and many others (see ROTLA's examples), Tennis is also a matter of repetitive training. If you just try it one day and do not get a feel for serving and timing is way off, persistence will be rewarded. Try it for a month, not just a day. Nadal Is Back.....In Two Weeks! - Page 2 1071211947

That's a load of rubbish and you know it.
Pro tennis players are miles above the need to prove themselves with what repetitive training can give them, that's the club player's level aspiration.
The school of repetitive training at best produce baseline ball-bashers a la Andreev and 95% of WTA.

And why would I want to become a left-handed player when I already feel comfortable with my God-given right hand?
Why would anyone want to do that, that's the key thing.

I don't for a second believe the "strength" reason behind Nadal's arm switching. If it was that beneficiary, everyone would be doing it, hey, just be persistent for a month and you start hitting like a right-hander with your left arm plus with extra force!
The massive size of his left bicep is the ultimate proof that his left arm was not stronger to start with. If it was , why did he have to pump it up like that?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:45 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
I don't for a second believe the "strength" reason behind Nadal's arm switching.
What arm switching?

He never played tennis right handed. Since he started playing tennis, he played left handed, just double handed FH+BH. Then Toni made his FH one-handed, there was no arm switching.

Can you still not grasp this point?

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:48 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:

Can you still not grasp this point?

There is nothing to grasp in the obvious, the question "why" still remains unanswered, though.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:51 pm

Why did he switch hands?

He didn't, that's the point.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:48 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:Why did he switch hands?

So your point is Nadal always played left-handed forehand and double handed back hand? If it isn't, then he did switch. That's the point.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:53 pm

So your point is Nadal always played left-handed forehand and double handed back hand? If it isn't, then he did switch. That's the point.
Yes exactly, he never played right handed tennis.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:55 pm

Amritia, okay, now a question to you. How is Marion Bartoli's profile writes her as Right Handed ( 2 handed both sides ). How is it it decided she is right-handed.

Since you think I was wrong and made something up, lets hear it from you.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:57 pm

OK, I will try to find some clips of Nadal playing left handed double-handed forehand tennis to try and explain this. 2 seconds.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Cant' find any Nadal under 8 videos on youtube, apologies.

Will have to explain with Bartoli, if that's ok.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:04 pm

First try to answer my question dear. You said I'm wrong, you said I made it all up. Can you give the answer now?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzq8BmU9KTY
Bartoli practising.

Pause at 0:45.
Here she is hitting a double handed forehand. Her right hand is the one further away from the racket head (closer to her).
Now go to 0:48. Here she is hitting a double handed backhand. Her right hand is still the only further away from a racket-head (closer to her).

This is why she is a right-handed double -handed player.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:

Yes exactly, he never played right handed tennis.

Now this is certainly made up. We are now clear on who makes things up and lies.

Read below:

"At age eight, Nadal won an under-12 regional tennis championship at a time when he was also a promising football player.[17] This made Toni Nadal intensify training, and at that time he encouraged Nadal to play left-handed for a natural advantage on the tennis court, as he noticed Nadal played forehand shots with two hands."

If Nadal was already playing with left handed why would Toni encourage him to play left -handed.

Now from your own source you provided:

Read carefully, it dumps your never switching point to dust.

"In his early years, Nadal (who wrote with his right hand) played left-handed tennis with both a two-handed forehand and backhand. When he was 12, however, his uncle encouraged him to adopt a more conventional left-handed style. Nadal stuck with his two-handed backhand but switched to what became his signature one-handed forehand, the stroke that was credited with lifting him into the sport’s upper echelons."

Did you find the word switched? Ahh... there you go..

It also say he switched to one handed left hand forehand. That means he earlier wasn't playing left hand one handed forehand. It only means he played double handed off both wings.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:10 pm

Doh
Read carefully ROTLA.

He switched from a left handed double handed forehand, to a left handed single handed forehand.

This is what I said to NITB this morning at 7:33:
Amritia3ee wrote:He always used the LH as the stronger hand- just switched from double handed forehand to single handed forehand when Toni took over. For Nadal, it was the right choice.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Amritia3ee wrote: Doh
Read carefully ROTLA.

He switched from a left handed double handed forehand, to a left handed single handed forehand.

Amritia3ee wrote:He always used the LH as the stronger hand- just switched from double handed forehand to single handed forehand when Toni took over. For Nadal, it was the right choice.

But did you not just said, he never switched?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyM1000 Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Amritia3ee wrote: Nadal Is Back.....In Two Weeks! - Page 2 2786941968
Read carefully ROTLA.

Don't you mean 'Read carefully dear'?

mikeyM1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Amritia3ee wrote: Doh
Read carefully ROTLA.

But did you not just said, he never switched?
Never switched from right handed to left handed play.
Red my Bartoli example post.

There is a difference between left handed double-handed forehand, and right handed double handed.
A right handed DH-FH/BH- is when the right hand is further away from the racket head, on both shots. A LH-FH/BH- is when the left hand is further away from the racket head on both shots.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzq8BmU9KTY
Bartoli practising.

Here she is hitting a double handed forehand. Her right hand is the one further away from the racket head (closer to her).
Now go to 0:48. Here she is hitting a double handed backhand. Her right hand is still the only further away from a racket-head (closer to her).

How is it decided which is her forehand shot and which is her backhand shot? Your theory is wrong. You can't decide the forehand and backhand first and then on its basis conclude whether the player is right-handed or left handed. In fact its other way round.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:18 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzq8BmU9KTY
Bartoli practising.

How is it decided which is her forehand shot and which is her backhand shot? Your theory is wrong. You can't decide the forehand and backhand first and then on its basis conclude whether the player is right-handed or left handed. In fact its other way round.
You still don't get the point.
The hand which is further away from the racket head, (closer to you), is first taken into consideration.
Bartoli played with the right hand further away from the racket head, hence she plays a right handed 'double handed' game. Then we can see which is FH and BH.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:22 pm

e

Last edited by Amritia3ee on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:
You still don't get the point.
The hand which is further away from the racket head, (closer to you), is first taken into consideration.
Bartoli played with the right hand further away from the racket head, hence she plays a right handed 'double handed' game. Then we can see which is FH and BH.

I certainly don't get this point. I don't think that's how a forehand or back hand is decided. Its all based on first what handed a player is, that is the what he is naturally doing most things with. I think the following links backs me up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forehand

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:24 pm

If you still don't fundamentally understand, I'll use Almagro as an example:
On his back-hand he first has two hands on the racket. His right hand is further away from his racket-head, his left hand is close. He releases his left hand, and ends up playing a single handed shot. This shows how the right hand (further away from the racket-head) is the 'main' hand if you were.
The forehand, and backhand is then easy to concur, even if you play double-handed shots. Hold the racket with the 'main' hand, i.e. the one further away from the racket head. The one you hit across your body is the BH, the one not across is you FH.
Is it still not clear?

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:OK, I will try to find some clips of Nadal playing left handed double-handed forehand tennis to try and explain this. 2 seconds.

Does this not mean that he was playing double-handed off both wings? I want to be clear on this.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:OK, I will try to find some clips of Nadal playing left handed double-handed forehand tennis to try and explain this. 2 seconds.

Does this not mean that he was playing double-handed off both wings? I want to be clear on this.
Yes he was.
The natural hand has nothing to do with it, eg I am right handed but could still play a left-handed double handed forehand.

He played left handed double-handed forehand. This means his left hand was further away from the racket head on both shots. This is the 'main hand' look at my Almagro example, the one closer to the racket head can be released to play a SHBH.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:30 pm

ROTLA, now do you understand the difference between a right handed double-handed game, and a left-handed double handed game?
You use the same hand positions on each shot, the 'main' hand is further away from the racket head. It's nothing to do with your natural hand.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:33 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:

Yes he was.
The natural hand has nothing to do with it, eg I am right handed but could still play a left-handed double handed forehand.

He played left handed double-handed forehand. This means his left hand was further away from the racket head on both shots. This is the 'main hand' look at my Almagro example, the one closer to the racket head can be released to play a SHBH.

Well, this handedness debate is going no where and it becoming boring, even for me. My point is forehand or backhand shots are defined based on what handed a person naturally is. You think they are based on your theory. So Lets leave it here. Thumbs Up

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:34 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:ROTLA, now do you understand the difference between a right handed double-handed game, and a left-handed double handed game?
You use the same hand positions on each shot, the 'main' hand is further away from the racket head. It's nothing to do with your natural hand.
A 5 year old child understands that basic fact; what we want to know is why Nadal chose to play with his left hand, or more, why did Toni choose it for him?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Well, this handedness debate is going no where and it becoming boring, even for me. My point is forehand or backhand shots are defined based on what handed a person naturally is.
Well that's quite simply wrong.
I am right handed. I could play a left-hand double-handed forehand, if my left hand was further away from the racket head. What your natural hand is, is totally irrelevant.

Last edited by Amritia3ee on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:36 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Amritia3ee wrote:ROTLA, now do you understand the difference between a right handed double-handed game, and a left-handed double handed game?
A 5 year old child understands that basic fact; what we want to know is why Nadal chose to play with his left hand, or more, why did Toni choose it for him?
Well for some reason ROTLA believes differently...

Yes, interesting question. IIRC Toni only made him switch to single handed FH, I think he always had a left handed double handed forehand when he was younger.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:37 pm

[quote="Amritia3ee"]

I am right handed. I could play a left-hand double-handed forehand, if my left hand was further away from the racket head. What your natural hand is, is totally irrelevant. [quote="Amritia3ee"]

Next time you choose to play a left-handed DHFH, do get someone to video it, I'd love to see it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:38 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Amritia3ee wrote:

I am right handed. I could play a left-hand double-handed forehand, if my left hand was further away from the racket head. What your natural hand is, is totally irrelevant.

Next time you choose to play a left-handed DHFH, do get someone to video it, I'd love to see it.
I've tried it once or twice, it's quite a fun shot actually!

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:50 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:

Absolutely. I have my wiki link to support my point. For me what to call a forehand or backhand is first based on what naturally handed I am.

if you or nitb or some 5 year old kid or anyone thinks different, it alright. I think my definition is correct

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:54 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Ahhh.. recently he was talking of the possibility of even missing AO 2013. And now he is looking to return for the WTF and DC final which starts in 4 weeks? How poor are his doctors and team in estimating the recovery time. Winking

Or they must have found a magic potion to cure the injury which was earlier going to take more than 3 months but now only 4 weeks. WOW!!

Amazing isnt it,last time the rehabilitation took less then 3 weeks plus he returned on tour with a remarkably improved serve

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:

Absolutely. I have my wiki link to support my point. For me what to call a forehand or backhand is first based on what naturally handed I am.

if you or nitb or some 5 year old kid or anyone thinks different, it alright. I think my definition is correct
It isn't though.
Anyway this wasn't the point of the debate, the point is Nadal had his left hand further away from the racket. This is why encyclopaedia Brittanica says Nadal played a 'left handed double handed game.'
How can it say he had a left handed double-handed game, if your definition was correct, and he was naturally right handed??
So when he switches to a one hander, it's natural to have it left handed. (i.e. that was the hand always further away from the racket-head.)
Think of Almagro, he starts of with a double handed backhand, then releases the hand closer to the racket head, hence his right hand is the main hand.
It's simple, common sense.

Last edited by Amritia3ee on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Anyway gotta go now, have fun.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:18 pm

NITB asks why Toni switched Rafa into artificial leftie. Amri says Rafa was always a leftie as a tennis player except he was playing double-handed initially.

Then you go on a longish debate but I did not see any argument that would even suggest Amri is wrong.

Rotla, this is quite unlike you but here your argument does not seem to work at all. In fact, even some of the the quotes you pull up seem to suggest Amri is in fact correct.

NITB, you just keep repeating question "why did he switch?" but you never established he did switch in the first place.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:20 pm

summerblues wrote:NITB asks why Toni switched Rafa into artificial leftie. Amri says Rafa was always a leftie as a tennis player except he was playing double-handed initially.

Then you go on a longish debate but I did not see any argument that would even suggest Amri is wrong.

Rotla, this is quite unlike you but here your argument does not seem to work at all. In fact, even some of the the quotes you pull up seem to suggest Amri is in fact correct.

NITB, you just keep repeating question "why did he switch?" but you never established he did switch in the first place.
Thank-you SB Thumbs Up

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:24 pm

On a related topic: I normally consider myself right-handed and do most activities (e.g., writing) right-handed. Nevertheless, and somewhat oddly and with no obvious pattern, I occasionally do some things left-handed.

Perhaps most shockingly (to me at least), I play golf left-handed, even though I play tennis right-handed. It is certainly not because my uncle convinced me to switch away from my natural hand.

Of course, it may just be that both my hands are "unnatural" (and maybe that is why I suck at both golf and tennis), but that is a different matter Winking

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:28 pm

summerblues wrote:
Perhaps most shockingly (to me at least), I play golf left-handed, even though I play tennis right-handed.
Well there we go SB, not everyone is the same!

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next