Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Nadal: what a man EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Nadal: what a man EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Nadal: what a man EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Nadal: what a man EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Nadal: what a man EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Nadal: what a man EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Nadal: what a man EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Nadal: what a man EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Nadal: what a man EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Nadal: what a man

+5
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Daniel
Tenez
noleisthebest
gallery play
9 posters

Go down

Nadal: what a man Empty Nadal: what a man

Post by gallery play Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:55 am

“Looks guys, not only can i beat your so called goat on all surfaces, i can beat him while being heavily injured too”

Is that why Nadal made such a fuss about his blister? Or was it to shock and awe Federer from point one?  I mean: he served better than he ever did that first set and surely this must have annoyed Federer and even broke his moral a bit.

It’s just amazing how relentless Nadal is when it comes to gamesmanship. Some of it is even not noticed by most viewers. Example, third set: Rafa challenges a serve, he clearly knew it was out but still he walks to the other side, just to give Federer hope the ball was in. So Federer asks for an extra ball and prepares for the next point…oops: ball was out: second serve and both men have change sides again. Federer is boiling inside, Nadal got the result he wanted. It’s just one example out of many similar situations.
The bad part is: Nadal did those tricks against a man who already lost the match.  After the long history they share and even looking back at some kind of buddyhood,  Nadal did not flinch to slap Federer who was with one knee on the floor.

I don’t know what’s worse: NAdal getting away with his suspicious physical supremacy (which goes on for almost a decade now) or his nasty behaviour. 

Anyway: 14 slams in his bag, what a tennis nightmare!

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Nadal: what a man Empty Re: Nadal: what a man

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:04 pm

For some reason, I have never been bothered by Nadal's numbers as I know what's behind them.
At the end of the day, he cannot delude himself (only his fans) when he puts his head on that pillow at night.
As Nole once famously said: Nadal is not unbeatable and went to prove it we know how, I am grateful for both him and Fed that simply exist and remain two thorns in his flesh.

So, let the cheating world roll by, that's nothing new.
We know that when the rules are allowed for a fair play, Nadal  barely qualifies for a ballboy.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:07 pm

noleisthebest wrote:.. Nadal  barely qualifies for a ballboy.

Definitly, too much spin on the ball he throws  Winking

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:23 pm

gallery play wrote:[i]I don’t know what’s worse: NAdal getting away with his suspicious physical supremacy (which goes on for almost a decade now) or his nasty behaviour. 

Anyway: 14 slams in his bag, what a tennis nightmare!

Not sure but Nadal bulldozed the Federer Edberg plan.....in a funny way actually.  Laugh 

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Interesting interview from Federer! Of course he says that he did not serve as well as he could and journalists also noticed he was not moving as well today. But Federer says it is down to Nadal....I disagree. he simply looked a step slower today regardless and we saw him on the court stretching and do the leg flexion thing which is typically to help back issues. It also explains why Federer could not return nearly half as well.

http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2014-01-24/201401241390567322232.html

Last edited by Tenez on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:57 pm

What will Nadal be doing at 32?

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:04 pm

FedererKing wrote:What will Nadal be doing at 32?
Frankly, I thought he would be burnt out at 24! 3 years on and his doctors can still keep him fitter than ever.

I remember than you do find his extraordinary fitness suspicious. Good on you.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:00 pm

Yes, you can see in that interview that cheating gets to him, and I completely understand especially as I have just been on a  receiving end of a large dose of it,  and against the player who normally doesn't do it.
I went there blue, and came back even bluer  blue 
Maybe some people can control things like that, but me - it always gets me, doesn't affect the play much but really gives me the emotional punch.
I don't know how Federer can put up with it, he has had years and years of some horrible stuff from Nadal.
I know he can't comment too much as his hands are tied with ATP contract, but at least he doesn't need to cave in to this PR junk and say nice things about him.
Why doesn't he have the guts to snap at Nadal like he did at Nole in AO 2009!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:16 pm

When someone cheats against you, you tell them that if they do it again, you won't be playing.  That's all you do and you stand by it smiley

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:25 pm

Well I did drop two people like that, but I really like this one, she's one of the few people who plays with a SBH.
Not only did she call my serve out but her outs in!
I just let her have it...maybe she just had a bad day, she did invite me for a trip to France for Easter afterwards Winking

But the point was, I said nothing!
Why did I put up with it!!!!!!
That's exactly what Fed does with Nadal, he must genuinely like him!
Yesterday, I nearly bit a head off one woman who tried the same thing.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:39 pm

Tenez wrote:
Frankly, I thought he would be burnt out at 24! 3 years on and his doctors can still keep him fitter than ever.

I remember than you do NOT* find his extraordinary fitness suspicious. Good on you.

*CORRECTION!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:43 pm

The think is Nadal would have won today even without his antics. Fed was so much off form....he did not need to do it...Well he needs the extra time between points. That's a fact..but he is not abusing much nowadays. Also what is the rule about MTO? aren't you only allowed to take them before your own serve?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:27 pm

Tenez wrote:The think is Nadal would have won today even without his antics. 

Leaving any antics, Fed's match-up is so bad against Nadal, that unless he is playing lights out tennis, he can't win it. All those 10 times he has beaten him, he played absolute brilliant tennis. Playing him and playing against anyone else is completely different. Nadal handcuffs him, this is Fed's Achilles heel.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:29 pm

It's not really an achilles heel.  That would suggest Federer has a great weakness. He doesn't.  The weakness that exists is beyond his control.. the fact the conditions favour Nadal greatly.  It would be like playing snooker starting from 50 behind every frame.

Federer can do nothing about the kiddy racquets, slow courts, balls, and otherwise.  Federer has more ability and that's something Nadal can never overcome in a debate about greatness.  Federer is the better player.  Nadal is one of the greatest players in slow conditions, but since these conditions and racquets aren't tennis (the difference is too great to claim this is still the game it was made to be), I can never see him as a better tennis player. 

Perhaps we should call this new brand "Easy-Tennis".  In "Easy-Tennis" Nadal is greater than Fed on clay, and still worse on hard and  grass overall.  He has the h2h.  That's all.

In real tennis, he isn't even a top 10.  In fact, real tennis is grass only.  So Nadal isn't the greatest tennis player by ANY real tennis criteria.  He is basking in the dumbest, easiest, slowest conditions ever seen in "tennis".

Last edited by FedererKing on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:37 pm; edited 4 times in total

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:32 pm

Truffin,

why does Fed always praise Nadal?
Surely, that can't be in the contract, as well!!!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:44 pm

Nadal said in his presser that "I never do anything on court to bother my opponent" in response to the reporters questions about his various antics..  Insanity...  

It is what it is though guys.  we knew it, Federer knew it..  Federer is pretty open in his recent interviews- Nadal is just a different beast. No one sees, practices, or can truly prepare for it until they go out on the court with him. 

IT's clear at this point that no one is going to stop the Nadal on court cheating, or go after his doping. He's been anointed as the person who will carry the sport after Fed fades out, and the tv channels are not going to create a controversary and hurt the sprots ratings, the sport itself isn't going to pull the curtain back.  We're stuck with it.  ESPN clearly caught Toni on camera at least several times signaling with his face touching to Nadal on returns and serve.  Not one Comm even brought it up as the viewer is watching it. The general fan wouldn't even realize it, so Nadal gets a pass. The people that care already know he does it so it doesn't change their mind, and his fanatics could care less..   

Federer had a great tournament though.  A couple of weeks ago, people were talking about him losing to Hewitt, playing one of his worst sets in forever.  Now he went 2-1 against Top 10 and made it to last 4.  It's something to build on.  Nadal won't be in every semi/final... Fed will get some titles..

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:53 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:

Leaving any antics, Fed's match-up is so bad against Nadal, that unless he is playing lights out tennis, he can't win it. All those 10 times he has beaten him, he played absolute brilliant tennis. Playing him and playing against anyone else is completely different. Nadal handcuffs him, this is Fed's Achilles heel.
I actually do not think it is impossible for Fed to beat Nadal. In fact I think he can beat nadal even convincingly. he just needs to show better form than today. he was particularly poor today and that I think is very much due to his 4 set match v Murray and not enough recovery...or simply a back problem due to cool conds again. he certainly was not moving well enough and that was pointed out by 2 journos in his press conf.

Secondly, he needs faster conditions cause there we saw that nadal had plenty of time to inject his spin...that is the only thing he was concentrating about. faster balls, means less time to inject spin means much less trouble dictate. The cool conds again right when fed needed warmer ones was so unlucky.....but that has seemed to be case each time those 2 meet up.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:59 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Truffin,

He's human and it must eat at him, but imagine being in his shoes.  Let's face it- I harp on it all the time but it's the truth-- it's all about money.  Federer is under intense pressure as the leader of his sport, and he loves the sport as much or more than any champion I've seen. He's been told countless times behind the scenes to toe the company line.    To us- it would be great if he blew up the sport- exposed it all- but to the general public- they would turn on him as a poor sport even if it was true.  It's gone on for so long, it would look like he just turned to recapture his legacy.  We can look at it as cowardly in a way- but really that's not fair. Who would in his positon blow up the sport?  I think he has tried in his own way- calling for holding blood specimens for years, etc..

In the end- the reality is he is so good he still has won and done it for a long time with less medicine in his veins and old technology. He was winning enough that he prob was willing to forego some titles for the "good of the bottom line" in the sport.  70 million a year in earnings is a hard thing to even think to mess with.. he doesn't know what would happen if he exposed the sport so he remains silent or throws out some half hearted praise Nadals way.

That's my only explanation for it really.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:00 pm

FedererKing wrote:It's no really an achilles heel.  That would suggest Federer has a great weakness. He doesn't.  The weakness that exists is beyond his control.. the fact the conditions favour Nadal.  It would be like playing snooker starting from 50 behind every frame.

See it can't work like that. I can't live in an imaginary tennis world where courts are quick and strings are natural guts, racquets are wooden etc. The reality is what it really is. The conditions are slow, the strings and racquets are so advanced, fitness of some players is out of this world.. and this is the world of tennis we have got. And if Fed is playing in this world, its definitely his Achilles heel to face a player like Nadal. Fed just doesn't have the weapons to counter Nadal consistently. he can't get a DHBH and to counter Nadal, this DHBH is essentially what's needs of him. He gets easily handcuffed on that wing, if he tries to run around it and play a FH, that is serious risky play as it completely opens up the court for him. His BH slices have almost no impact on Nadal's lefty forehand. 

So does Fed have a weakness? He maybe touched by Gods, but is only human.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:03 pm

Tenez wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:

I actually do not think it is impossible for Fed to beat Nadal. In fact I think he can beat nadal even convincingly. he just needs to show better form than today. he was particularly poor today and that I think is very much due to his 4 set match v Murray and not enough recovery...or simply a back problem due to cool conds again. he certainly was not moving well enough and that was pointed out by 2 journos in his press conf.

Secondly, he needs faster conditions cause there we saw that nadal had plenty of time to inject his spin...that is the only thing he was concentrating about. faster balls, means less time to inject spin means much less trouble dictate. The cool conds again right when fed needed warmer ones was so unlucky.....but that has seemed to be case each time those 2 meet up.

They are almost always going to meet in night matches though for prime time viewing, so the temp are usually cooler, and we know the courts speeds/balls are never going past medium in the tournaments they both play.  Where can Fed possibly get him where the conditions will be fast?  Miami and Indian Wells might as well be clay now, then the clay season.   Fed will have a chance at Halle, and Wimby,   then back to Toronto which has slowed down, Cinci which went from  fast to medium, US Open slower and slower....     

It's just a load of crap what the conditions have becme.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:07 pm

The irony is, the only slam that has no night matches is RG!!!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:09 pm

truffin1 wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Truffin,

He's human and it must eat at him, but imagine being in his shoes.  Let's face it- I harp on it all the time but it's the truth-- it's all about money.  Federer is under intense pressure as the leader of his sport, and he loves the sport as much or more than any champion I've seen. He's been told countless times behind the scenes to toe the company line.    To us- it would be great if he blew up the sport- exposed it all- but to the general public- they would turn on him as a poor sport even if it was true.  It's gone on for so long, it would look like he just turned to recapture his legacy.  We can look at it as cowardly in a way- but really that's not fair. Who would in his positon blow up the sport?  I think he has tried in his own way- calling for holding blood specimens for years, etc..

In the end- the reality is he is so good he still has won and done it for a long time with less medicine in his veins and old technology. He was winning enough that he prob was willing to forego some titles for the "good of the bottom line" in the sport.  70 million a year in earnings is a hard thing to even think to mess with.. he doesn't know what would happen if he exposed the sport so he remains silent or throws out some half hearted praise Nadals way.

That's my only explanation for it really.

Completely agree. Whatever fed will do, it will be behind closed doors...for the sake of the sport. I actually think he also owes nadal a lot in terms of having a proper competitor making the sport twice as popular as if he had to face the kind of Roddick, Gonzalez, Berdych or Soderling for all his career! Nadal v Federer despite the one sided semi will always be more interesting than Fed v Stan or berdych.

That's how it is. I just wish they were speeding things up a bit to make it less of a marathon and therefore a bit more balanced between those 2. the thing is that if they speed it up a bit, Nadal loses to Nishi or other unknown..cause the talent is simply not there.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:11 pm

I still disagee about the Nadal price that had to be paid for the "popularity" of tennis.
But I admit, forums would be a much more boring place and we'd never be able tomhave so much fun here without him Winking

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:12 pm

truffin1 wrote:
They are almost always going to meet in night matches though for prime time viewing, so the temp are usually cooler, and we know the courts speeds/balls are never going past medium in the tournaments they both play.  Where can Fed possibly get him where the conditions will be fast?  Miami and Indian Wells might as well be clay now, then the clay season.   Fed will have a chance at Halle, and Wimby,   then back to Toronto which has slowed down, Cinci which went from  fast to medium, US Open slower and slower....     

It's just a load of crap what the conditions have becme.
Cool conds could actually help Fed if fed was ok physically. Problem is that it seems the cool conditions or his match v Murray made him move very poorly today. Might not always be the case.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:15 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I still disagee about the Nadal price that had to be paid for the "popularity" of tennis.
But I admit, forums would be a much more boring place and we'd never be able so much fun here without him Winking

And forums are simply a reflexion of the crowd. Nadal "polarises" the crowd....more so than Fed cause everybody liked Fed but many did not care either way. With Nadal it's all love and hate....especially for those who did not know about tennis....or still don't like Amri! Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:09 pm

noleisthebest wrote:For some reason, I have never been bothered by Nadal's numbers as I know what's behind them.
At the end of the day, he cannot delude himself (only his fans) when he puts his head on that pillow at night.
As Nole once famously said: Nadal is not unbeatable and went to prove it we know how, I am grateful for both him and Fed that simply exist and remain two thorns in his flesh.

So, let the cheating world roll by, that's nothing new.
We know that when the rules are allowed for a fair play, Nadal  barely qualifies for a ballboy.

Some thorns. Federer has not defeated Nadal in a slam since 2007 and Djokovic has lost the last three slams to Nadal!  erm

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:11 pm

Ah BlueClay, great to have you back.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:11 pm

Probably enjoying the slam record on a Spanish beach?  Winking

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:17 pm

FedererKing wrote:It's not really an achilles heel.  That would suggest Federer has a great weakness. He doesn't.  The weakness that exists is beyond his control.. the fact the conditions favour Nadal greatly.  It would be like playing snooker starting from 50 behind every frame.

Federer can do nothing about the kiddy racquets, slow courts, balls, and otherwise.  Federer has more ability and that's something Nadal can never overcome in a debate about greatness.  Federer is the better player.  Nadal is one of the greatest players in slow conditions, but since these conditions and racquets aren't tennis (the difference is too great to claim this is still the game it was made to be), I can never see him as a better tennis player. 

Perhaps we should call this new brand "Easy-Tennis".  In "Easy-Tennis" Nadal is greater than Fed on clay, and still worse on hard and  grass overall.  He has the h2h.  That's all.

In real tennis, he isn't even a top 10.  In fact, real tennis is grass only.  So Nadal isn't the greatest tennis player by ANY real tennis criteria.  He is basking in the dumbest, easiest, slowest conditions ever seen in "tennis".

Yes, unfortunately Federer does have a weakness and his name is Nadal. Federer is the greater and more successful player but he is not the better player in that match-up, Nadal is. That is very obvious by now. You can't only blame the conditions, Federer has had plenty of time to come up with a game plan to defeat Nadal on the biggest stages and he has not solved the problem. No excuses, they look silly at this point in the rivalry.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:25 pm

The weakness isn't Nadal.  It's the conditions that lead to the match up.   Rosol and Darcis are not Federer and yet managed to make Nadal look stupid... because of the match up.

I will also remind you that Federer leads Nadal on all fast surfaces.  Indoor hard and grass. The H2H is skewed because Fed is past it and because of clay.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:41 pm

BlueClay wrote:

Probably enjoying the slam record on a Spanish beach?  Winking

Perhaps not, given his notorious history as a prime doping suspect. You never thought they would take away ALL of Armstrong’s trophies, did you? 

Even if he is lucky enough to keep his slam titles, tell me, where is the glory when he gets no respect because he cannot clear his name as the greatest cheat and the most tainted athlete in tennis history?  Run

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:46 pm

gallery play wrote:
It’s just amazing how relentless Nadal is when it comes to gamesmanship. Some of it is even not noticed by most viewers. Example, third set: Rafa challenges a serve, he clearly knew it was out but still he walks to the other side, just to give Federer hope the ball was in. So Federer asks for an extra ball and prepares for the next point…oops: ball was out: second serve and both men have change sides again. Federer is boiling inside, Nadal got the result he wanted. It’s just one example out of many similar situations.
The bad part is: Nadal did those tricks against a man who already lost the match.  After the long history they share and even looking back at some kind of buddyhood,  Nadal did not flinch to slap Federer who was with one knee on the floor.

The most disgusting to me were the long, full of hate stare-downs from Nadal almost every time he won the point.
The slo-mo close-ups of it were chilling.
Nadal must be enormously frustrated to carry on like that, he is continually oozing every kind of negativity.

Watching a Fedal match in its full sub-plot psychological glory is definitely an experience.
It's sheer suffering every time.
On that human level, Fed has got to be scarred somewhere, it just isn't healthy to be around Nadal.
It baffles me how so many can't see it.
Even when Nole beats him, it's just a small relief.
Only a full scale dope scandal will do now.

What are the chances of that happening?
Everyone has gone dead quiet. Only money seems to be doing the talking.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:32 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:

Only a full scale dope scandal will do now.

What are the chances of that happening?
Everyone has gone dead quiet.

Patience, patience. The scandal will unfold itself in due course. Regardless, even if nadal wins 100 slams, they are worthless and irrelevant when he’s ultimately exposed. He who steals wins will not escape judgement day. It’s called the cycle of Karma.
Yeah, quiet is right. Time for my rant to balance out the views a little. I’m so sick & tired of grown-up nadal fans acting like blind teenagers pouring empty praises and propagandizing the stupidest excuses for a very dark player on steroids. It’s so embarrassingly juvenile and so lope-sided. How many posts has amri written re “lightning quick” conditions, the tiniest blisters issues etc. to cover up a fake #1’s incompetence and low-life behaviour but not even a single comment to address nadal’s far more serious gamesmanship issues. How come?
So Amri, maybe I’m missing something. Care to tell us WHY your idol needs to resort to so much foul play to win if he’s truly that good?  

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:57 pm

Interesting to read some of Federer's and Nadal's post-match talk:

Federer:

"Rafa is doing a much better job today than he used to. I'm not complaining much about the time. But I think I've played him, what, three times. He's gotten two point penalties over the course of our rivalry. I just think that's not quite happening. I mean, we know how much time he used to take. I'm not complaining about so many things. But either you have rules or you don't. If you don't have rules, it's fine. Everybody can do whatever they want to do.
I just think it's important to enforce the rules on many levels, whatever it may be. On all the players the same way. Don't give me or Djokovic a free pass just because of who we are. I think we should all be judged the same way. Not just a guy on Court 16 because the guy had a brutal rally, you have to give him a time violation just because you can. On center court, they're always going to be afraid, the umpires, to take those decisions. I just like to challenge them a little bit. I just hope they do their job correctly. If they don't, what are you going to do? Sit and watch. Sometimes you just got to say things. I didn't lose the match because of that. It didn't bother me. I just felt I had to mention something."

Nadal:

"I think he tried to play very aggressive, taking the ball very early. But if you go to YouTube and you see the video of [our] 2012 [Australian Open semifinal] you will see that he was playing very, very aggressive, too. Especially the beginning of the match. So is nothing completely new. I saw that video today, the morning. I see the way that he will try to play again.
But important thing for me is serve well, resist the beginning. I know he will try to go on court going for the winners, taking the ball very early. So when the match is coming and the match is longer, then that's more difficult. Because physically is very difficult for me, for him, for everybody to play with that intensity of trying to play that aggressive during a few hours, no, because mentally and physically is very tough. So when the match is going on, I know that I will have the chance to hit a little bit more rallies. That's the position that I want to be. So is very important to resist the score at the beginning When I am playing, when I am hitting the ball during the point, the last thing that I am thinking is try to bother the opponent. Only thing that I am focusing is try to hit my ball well.
I am sorry if I bothered somebody, but I never did in the past. So is something that nobody in my career, told me nothing about this, that I am bothering the opponent. But if I bothered him in any moment, he knows 100 percent it was not because I wanted. I never do nothing on court to bother the opponent. I think I did the normal things that I do in every match".

I can't believe Nadal said that....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:31 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Interesting to read some of Federer's and Nadal's post-match talk:

Federer:

"Rafa is doing a much better job today than he used to. I'm not complaining much about the time. But I think I've played him, what, three times. He's gotten two point penalties over the course of our rivalry. I just think that's not quite happening. I mean, we know how much time he used to take. I'm not complaining about so many things. But either you have rules or you don't. If you don't have rules, it's fine. Everybody can do whatever they want to do.
I just think it's important to enforce the rules on many levels, whatever it may be. On all the players the same way. Don't give me or Djokovic a free pass just because of who we are. I think we should all be judged the same way. Not just a guy on Court 16 because the guy had a brutal rally, you have to give him a time violation just because you can. On center court, they're always going to be afraid, the umpires, to take those decisions. I just like to challenge them a little bit. I just hope they do their job correctly. If they don't, what are you going to do? Sit and watch. Sometimes you just got to say things. I didn't lose the match because of that. It didn't bother me. I just felt I had to mention something."

Nadal:

"I think he tried to play very aggressive, taking the ball very early. But if you go to YouTube and you see the video of [our] 2012 [Australian Open semifinal] you will see that he was playing very, very aggressive, too. Especially the beginning of the match. So is nothing completely new. I saw that video today, the morning. I see the way that he will try to play again.
But important thing for me is serve well, resist the beginning. I know he will try to go on court going for the winners, taking the ball very early. So when the match is coming and the match is longer, then that's more difficult. Because physically is very difficult for me, for him, for everybody to play with that intensity of trying to play that aggressive during a few hours, no, because mentally and physically is very tough. So when the match is going on, I know that I will have the chance to hit a little bit more rallies. That's the position that I want to be. So is very important to resist the score at the beginning When I am playing, when I am hitting the ball during the point, the last thing that I am thinking is try to bother the opponent. Only thing that I am focusing is try to hit my ball well.
I am sorry if I bothered somebody, but I never did in the past. So is something that nobody in my career, told me nothing about this, that I am bothering the opponent. But if I bothered him in any moment, he knows 100 percent it was not because I wanted. I never do nothing on court to bother the opponent. I think I did the normal things that I do in every match".

I can't believe Nadal said that....

Nadal's lies have been well known and existing since years. But i'm sure his fans would find some truth in that too.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:11 pm

I am sorry if I bothered somebody, but I never did in the past. So is something that nobody in my career, told me nothing about this, that I am bothering the opponent. But if I bothered him in any moment, he knows 100 percent it was not because I wanted. I never do nothing on court to bother the opponent. I think I did the normal things that I do in every match"..
============================================
And a bad actor as well as a liar!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:15 pm

To me, the fact that he is saying things like that, shows he is in complete state of delusion.
He really thinks he is untouchable.
The way his fans treat him, I am not surprised. He is obviously not aware he has a large army of anti-fans.
Often, people who allow power to get to their head like that relax and become arrogant, pushing their luck dangerously.
I believe that's how Armstrong's downfall started.
Pride comes before the fall.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:18 pm

I don't think it is delusion....it's acting the scenario to the end....You have millions who believe him.....cause they simply want to.

It's being professional! Professional cheat, professional liar!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Tenez wrote:I don't think it is delusion....it's acting the scenario to the end....You have millions who believe him.....cause they simply want to.

It's being professional! Professional cheat, professional liar!

I admit I haven't thought of that....it makes it all even worse!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Tenez wrote:I am sorry if I bothered somebody, but I never did in the past. So is something that nobody in my career, told me nothing about this, that I am bothering the opponent. But if I bothered him in any moment, he knows 100 percent it was not because I wanted. I never do nothing on court to bother the opponent. I think I did the normal things that I do in every match"..

FFS!
To name a few: Sod, JPM, Davy, Berdych, Lubi, they all had something to say at certain point about Nadals Antics.
Someone has to shut this lunatic's mouth, he has become waaaay more annoying that Armstrong ever was. envy

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:13 pm

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:I am sorry if I bothered somebody, but I never did in the past. So is something that nobody in my career, told me nothing about this, that I am bothering the opponent. But if I bothered him in any moment, he knows 100 percent it was not because I wanted. I never do nothing on court to bother the opponent. I think I did the normal things that I do in every match"..

FFS!
To name a few: Sod, JPM, Davy, Berdych, Lubi, they all had something to say at certain point about Nadals Antics.
Someone has to shut this lunatic's mouth, he has become waaaay more annoying that Armstrong ever was. envy

he certainly grates...He has learnt from LA not to upset his friends (Spanish players essentially) cause this is what got LA at the end. Will some tell it all when they retire too? problem is that he is not the only one like LA......he is just the best at it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:17 pm

How many in the top ten can you spot?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:18 pm

9 or 10?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:20 pm

I thought so, too. Interesting to see how it works from one to the other, but Spanish doctors have the longest and most successful tradition, no?
Did you know that even Nenad Zimonjic went and "trained" with Nadal in Spain during the off-season?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:35 pm

did not know but there you go!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Tenez wrote:it's acting the scenario to the end....You have millions who believe him.....cause they simply want to.

I guess that's the reason amri remains silent while we're exposing her idol's foul play. She couldn't post fast enough about the "lightning quick" non-sense, blisters excuses etc but suddenly gone mute when something seriously stinky comes up to make her idol look REALLY small.  Laugh  Laugh

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:51 pm

I suspect Amri actually knows....but doesn't mind. The wil to have Nadal winning s stronger.  erm

I suspect some others on v2 are much more gullible!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:36 pm

That's exactly it, Tenez.  See, every Nadal fan I know is also a fan of gamesmanship, and would themselves resort to such tactics to win.  I met another die hard Nadal fan once in the snooker world.. and whaddya know, his fave player is Selby and he continually makes excuses for his slow crap play.  Then he claims slow play is "part of the game".

Basically, they see no wrong in disgusting actions.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down