Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Djokovic - Novak Djokovic: Poor record in Slam Finals  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Djokovic - Novak Djokovic: Poor record in Slam Finals  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Djokovic - Novak Djokovic: Poor record in Slam Finals  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Djokovic - Novak Djokovic: Poor record in Slam Finals  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Djokovic - Novak Djokovic: Poor record in Slam Finals  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Djokovic - Novak Djokovic: Poor record in Slam Finals  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Djokovic - Novak Djokovic: Poor record in Slam Finals  EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Djokovic - Novak Djokovic: Poor record in Slam Finals  EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Djokovic - Novak Djokovic: Poor record in Slam Finals  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Novak Djokovic: Poor record in Slam Finals

2 posters

Go down

Djokovic - Novak Djokovic: Poor record in Slam Finals  Empty Novak Djokovic: Poor record in Slam Finals

Post by N2D2L Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:11 pm

Article:

http://www.sportpulse.net/content/has-novak-djokovics-poor-record-grand-slam-finals-stopped-his-chances-becoming-greatest-161004

I did an article into Djokovic's poor record in Slam finals. A few interesting things; firstly the comparison of how Djokovic did early on compared to post 2012 in Grand Slam finals (and as you can see from the article, his percentage success rate is much higher in his first 7 slam finals compared to his most recent 9).
What was even more shocking was the comparison between Djokovic's record in finals outside slams to the one in Slams. You can see the numbers in the article, but the numbers are miles apart.
You'd think that Djokovic has a relatively defensive baseliner with great stamina would do better in Best Of 5, he doesn't have to 'redline' like someone like Stan, and he can outlast most. Yet he does much better in Best Of 3 which is unexpected.

What do you think guys ?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Djokovic - Novak Djokovic: Poor record in Slam Finals  Empty Re: Novak Djokovic: Poor record in Slam Finals

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:29 pm

I've scanned the article, a bit laborious for a post-lunch Sunday siesta...

If I was writing anything of the kind, I'd provide a list of players/tournaments he was facing in all those SF (as well as the other SF pair).
Also the scheduling.

Not to mention the draw rigging period in which he faced Federer 12/12 in all non-clay slams.

All in all, I think he should've won more on account of Nadal. What he did win, he won it the very hard way.

Regardless, Federer is the greatest player of all time.
It's actually mind-blowing he is number two, playing with a SBH.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Djokovic - Novak Djokovic: Poor record in Slam Finals  Empty Re: Novak Djokovic: Poor record in Slam Finals

Post by N2D2L Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:04 pm

Apologies for not mentioning your draw rigging conspiracy NITB Thumbs Up

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down