Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

davis  edberg  GOAT  

Latest topics
» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Today at 8:05 am by Tenez

» Djoko takes Stepanek on
Yesterday at 11:24 pm by Tenez

» The Ultimate GOAT List
Yesterday at 11:04 pm by Tenez

» Nadal whines over surface match ups with Federer in 2017
Yesterday at 6:44 pm by noleisthebest

» Davis Cup Final....Allez les Bleus!
Yesterday at 6:43 pm by noleisthebest

» Rule changes to come in tennish
Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:25 pm by Daniel

» World Tour Finals 2017
Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:14 pm by Daniel

» Jana Novotna Passes Away
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:21 am by bogbrush

» Any rugby fans?
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:45 pm by Tenez

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Federer vs Dolgo Indian Wells Match Preview

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Federer vs Dolgo Indian Wells Match Preview

Post by DECIMA on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:19 pm

Match


Last edited by DECIMA on Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer vs Dolgo Indian Wells Match Preview

Post by summerblues on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:02 pm

6:4, 7:5?  That is pretty exact.  I also expect Roger to win, but do not know the score.

summerblues

Posts : 3081
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer vs Dolgo Indian Wells Match Preview

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:04 pm

Same here. Federer to win....if his serve is decent.

Tenez

Posts : 17402
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer vs Dolgo Indian Wells Match Preview

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:17 pm

What an amazing BH flick from Federer in that 2nd point. This is what Stan can't do. That woudl have been Dolgo point.

Tenez

Posts : 17402
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer vs Dolgo Indian Wells Match Preview

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:46 pm

Tenez wrote:What an amazing BH flick from Federer in that 2nd point. This is what Stan can't do. That woudl have been Dolgo point.
That's true, but there are just as many things with the BH which Stan can do, but not Fed. In fact I think the overall score for a Stan BH will be higher than Fed's. A single hander on the BH with the given slow conditions and so many Double handers plus Nadal around, he needs to have a very strong DTL shot. This is a big plus for Stan when compared to Fed. Stan hits those DTL shot with much more authority which Fed can't.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer vs Dolgo Indian Wells Match Preview

Post by Tenez on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:52 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:What an amazing BH flick from Federer in that 2nd point. This is what Stan can't do. That woudl have been Dolgo point.
That's true, but there are just as many things with the BH which Stan can do, but not Fed. In fact I think the overall score for a Stan BH will be higher than Fed's. A single hander on the BH with the given slow conditions and so many Double handers plus Nadal around, he needs to have a very strong DTL shot. This is a big plus for Stan when compared to Fed. Stan hits those DTL shot with much more authority which Fed can't.

That was true before the larger frame..not anymore. Stan's BH would not be nearly as good with a 90in frame!

Tenez

Posts : 17402
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer vs Dolgo Indian Wells Match Preview

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:11 am

Tenez wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:What an amazing BH flick from Federer in that 2nd point. This is what Stan can't do. That woudl have been Dolgo point.
That's true, but there are just as many things with the BH which Stan can do, but not Fed. In fact I think the overall score for a Stan BH will be higher than Fed's. A single hander on the BH with the given slow conditions and so many Double handers plus Nadal around, he needs to have a very strong DTL shot. This is a big plus for Stan when compared to Fed. Stan hits those DTL shot with much more authority which Fed can't.

That was true before the larger frame..not anymore. Stan's BH would not be nearly as good with a 90in frame!

What's the point Tenez, even if Stan BH may not be as good with 90in racquet? Let's assume that Stan's BH may be worst among all players with the 80in wooden frame, but we are not in the age of wooden racquets. With the current racquet, its very good and that's what can only count.  

Its too early to say "not anymore" about Fed. He is much more solid off his BH with the new bigger frame I agree, but its still the side opponents look to attack more and its still more vulnerable. He still makes UE off the BH specially on crucial and long points. Today in the 3rd set TB, the first point was a clear UE off the BH.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer vs Dolgo Indian Wells Match Preview

Post by Tenez on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:01 am

Even against Stan they pick on his BH more than FH. One may have a more solid BH by simply standing a bit further back but then lose command of the rally because of it. So though they have a solid BH, it's not as efficient as a BH where the ball is taking earlier and dictates a bit more.

I am not saying that is the case but there is more to it to a BH and Federer's BH is the one who was constantly attacked by Nadal and Djoko and it is the one which has done better, much better in fact than Stan over the years when attacked....despite the smaller frame.

Of course Federer's other skills made the difference but we know that those guys are going to send 80% of their shots on Fed and Stan BHs so the weight on the BH is amplified. And the shot I first hilighted above and started our discussion is one reason why Fed has done consistantly better than Stan over the years.

Tenez

Posts : 17402
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer vs Dolgo Indian Wells Match Preview

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum