Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
nadal - What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
nadal - What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
nadal - What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
nadal - What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
nadal - What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
nadal - What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
nadal - What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
nadal - What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
nadal - What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is

+6
summerblues
SayonaRa
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Daniel
luvsports!
N2D2L
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

nadal - What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is Empty What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:38 am

It's matches like these which underline why I support Nadal, more-so than his final against Djokovic USO.

He knows he's going to lose, I know he's going to lose.

But continue fighting, VAMOSSS!

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

nadal - What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is Empty Re: What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is

Post by luvsports! Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:03 pm

Yes well done for showing trojan like spirit, commendable.

But massive credit to stan for blowing him off the court for the first set and a half before nadal got injured.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

nadal - What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is Empty Re: What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is

Post by Daniel Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:29 pm

you mean "injured". 

Nadal is pure scum and tried to do his usual trick.  As usual, whenever he is losing, the trainer comes out.  He needs banning.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:29 pm

Stan deserves a Grand Slam, played fantastic tennis throughout the fortnight (apart from one set against Falla).

For Nadal a decent week for him, obviously a disappointing end, but still played great tennis when he could- and good signs for him adding some more Slams to his cabinet in the future.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:31 pm

FedererKing wrote:you mean "injured". 

Nadal is pure scum and tried to do his usual trick.  As usual, whenever he is losing, the trainer comes out.  He needs banning.
I am not going to read any other thread on this forum, because I guess it is filled with comments like these.

I think it would take someone with a very low IQ and almost moronic vision to deduct that Nadal was not affected by his back, but you fit both categories so not surprised to see you say that.

Wawrinka deserves his title though, I don't think he cares how he wins it, he has shown great attitude over the last few years and I don't think any tennis fan can begrudge him of this success.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:32 pm

Ah here we go again... first blister, now back.  Get a clue...  fitness is a part of the game.  Nadal was rightly booed for his typical tactics.  It takes a very blind person not to see it.

Also, I see you have dropped all pretences to personally insult me.  As far as I am concerned you are a useless fanboy with his head stuck so fast up Nadal's arse you can't see for all the diarrhoea. I've added you to my ignore list because debating with someone like you is futile.  You are only deluding yourself if you think Nadal was really injured.  He wasn't.  He does this EVERY TIME HE IS LOSING.  Most of us are sick of it.  Stan won fair and square, and your man lost. HAHAHA. Wah

Oh and btw, when you bring up injuries, you ARE begrudging the winner.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:39 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
FedererKing wrote:you mean "injured". 

I am not going to read any other thread on this forum, because I guess it is filled with comments like these.

I think it would take someone with a very low IQ and almost moronic vision to deduct that Nadal was not affected by his back, but you fit both categories so not surprised to see you say that.
That's the best refuge for your kind, isn't it? Close the eyes and assume its dark. No one shows any lower IQ and any better moronic vision that you when you keep finding truth is Nadal's lies. Grow up man, you behave like a child who can't hear a thing about his super hero. And what's worse, Nadal takes his fans like dumb dodos who will buy what ever he says. See what you have chosen to be.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:40 pm

The way this guy even carried on despite being virtually immobile is heroic.
Most would have retired, Rafa was serving on average 94pmh in the third set; but still he continued to try and fight.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:40 pm

I don’t know amri. Did we see the same match? I didn’t see the loser of today's final as a warrior fighting to the last point. I saw nadal caving in surprisingly easily after he won the 3rd. Warwri didn’t play as well after the 1st 2 sets but still holding VERY solid after that. Nadal just gave up in the 4th. He tried everything he could but didn’t fight to the end because he knew the Swiss opponent he faced today across the net was simply too strong for him to beat.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:43 pm

SR wrote:I don’t know amri. Did we see the same match? I didn’t see the loser of today's final as a warrior fighting to the last point. I saw nadal caving in surprisingly easily after he won the 3rd. Warwri didn’t play as well after the 1st 2 sets but still holding VERY solid after that. Nadal just gave up in the 4th. He tried everything he could but didn’t fight to the end because he knew the Swiss opponent he faced today across the net was simply too strong for him to beat.
He fought as much as he could, I think it's bizarre that people think he was playing at 100% after the mid-second set.

Nadal has won all the sets so far against Stan before today, yes Stan went a set up... but is that really reason for Nadal to start serving at 80-90pmh and struggling to run.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:44 pm

Anyway we'll see what Tenez has to say on this, I have a feeling he will agree with me and say that Nadal was not playing at 100% after mid-second set.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:45 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:Anyway we'll see what Tenez has to say on this, I have a feeling he will agree with me and say that Nadal was not playing at 100% after mid-second set.

LOL!  You couldn't make it up!!!!!!

The "not at 100%" claim is STILL INTACT!  FITNESS IS A PART OF THE GAME.  IF HE ISN'T AT "100%" THAT'S HIS FAULT AND NO ONE ELSE'S.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:47 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
No one shows any lower IQ and any better moronic vision that you when you keep finding truth is Nadal's lies.
It is possible that Nadal was playing at 100%, but I don't think he was. Infact I am almost certain he wasn't, this may be because I'm a blinded Nadal fan, but it may be because that is what I observed.

In all of Djokovic's 7 wins against Nadal in a row, I never said Nadal was injured, so it's not just like I say it after he loses.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:49 pm

FedererKing wrote:
The "not at 100%" claim is STILL INTACT!  FITNESS IS A PART OF THE GAME.  IF HE ISN'T AT "100%" THAT'S HIS FAULT AND NO ONE ELSE'S.
Absolutely, fitness is part of the sport, and thus Wawrinka deserves his win today.

For Nadal, it is an unfortunate, but the test for him is if he will get too downhearted about this OR use it as motivation to come back strong.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:51 pm

It's matches like these which simply make me even more proud of Nadal, and an even bigger fan of his.

If before I was a 93/100 fan, I can now count myself as a 97/100 fan. +4
I assume him and his family are 100/100 fans Winking

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:53 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:The way this guy even carried on despite being virtually immobile is heroic.
Most would have retired, Rafa was serving on average 94pmh in the third set; but still he continued to try and fight.

Feds wouldn't have retired Winking
Nadal will be back and fave for most tournaments, don't worry JS.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:55 pm

luvsports! wrote:
Feds wouldn't have retired Winking
I agree. Llodra definitely would have though (I remember reading he has some sort of record of retiring during matches).

luvsports! wrote:
Nadal will be back and fave for most tournaments, don't worry JS.
Thankyou LS. smiley
I came into 2014 sceptical on whether Nadal would remain a threat, but as long as he gets over this back injury this fortnight has been very encouraging.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:57 pm

Where is Tenez then? Perhaps celebrating.

As I said, I have a feeling he will agree with me rather than ROTLA, SR, FK etc. that Nadal was genuinely not 100%.
Then we'll see if ROTLA calls Tenez a 'blinded Nadal fan' lol

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:59 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:It's matches like these which simply make me even more proud of Nadal, and an even bigger fan of his.

If before I was a 93/100 fan, I can now count myself as a 97/100 fan. +4
I assume him and his family are 100/100 fans Winking
 Laugh  Laugh  Laugh

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:01 pm

Perhaps instead of smiley faces you can explain yourself, why do you think Nadal was not injured?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:12 pm

JS, you are 110/100 fan, assuming his family are 100/100.

Tough luck for your man, I am sure he will be back.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:13 pm

summerblues wrote:
Tough luck for your man, I am sure he will be back.
Thankyou SB

I have a feeling he may miss Acalpulco to recover from this back injury, hopefulyl he'll be good to go from Indian Wells.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:15 pm

And btw SB, do you also agree that Nadal was not 100% after mid second set?

After reading people's reactions on here, I'm beginning to think if it's just me who noticed Nadal struggling??

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:17 pm

Attempt at being in an objective mode is now on:

Nadal fans: Stan was playing great but in the 3rd game 2nd set nadal sustained a back injury.
This was seen by serving at around 130kph and his movement was greatly inhibited. 
He didn't chase after a lot of balls and as a result began to swing freely trying to shorten the points. Great spirit and determination to carry on until the end.

Anti nadal fans view:
In the past nadal has taken some questionable mto's or toilet breaks to disrupt his opponents rhythm. He was getting outplayed, didn't seem to have an answer to Stan's brilliance. In an attempt to save face and wrestle the momentum back he faked an injury and to make it seem legitimate, he kept up this for the rest of the match. He had managed to get the crowd on his side putting pressure on Stan which was unfair. He's a cheater etc etc.

How's that? (No cricket reference, STUPID ENGLAND CHOKING AGAIN!)

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:20 pm

LS, given he has won all sets against Stan before today, don't you think it's unlikely he would give up the match (serving 80mph, not moving to the ball etc.) just to irritate Stan and get the crowd on his side?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:22 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:And btw SB, do you also agree that Nadal was not 100% after mid second set?
He was clearly playing well below his 100%, no two ways about it.

BUT, and I admit maybe I am way too cynical, I would not totally put it past him (or other players for that matter) to be doing it to play mind games.  Tomic pretty much threw an entire set against Verdasco a couple of years ago (or was it last year) only to throw him off, and even gleefully admitted to it after the match.

Nadal was being massively outplayed and he could have thought that he had a choice to (a) either play his best and lose or (b) start acting up to see if it throws Stan off.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Yes sure.
But like soderling against feds in FO' 10 and a multitude of past examples, a top player who he owns can be beaten on the odd occasion. 

But can you see why some may disagree due to his past questionable mto's and toilet breaks as I mentioned in the first line of my last point re anti nadal fans?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:24 pm

I'm not sure what Nadal would gain though, yes perhaps a mind games victory- but what's the point of that if you don't run to anything and serve so slowly and then get beaten easily?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:26 pm

luvsports! wrote:Yes sure.
But like soderling against feds in FO' 10 and a multitude of past examples, a top player who he owns can be beaten on the odd occasion. 
True, absolutely.
I'm just saying it's unlikely for Nadal to simply give up like this because he's a set down.

luvsports! wrote:
But can you see why some may disagree due to his past questionable mto's and toilet breaks as I mentioned in the first line of my last point re anti nadal fans?
Yes, but surely even people who hate Nadal fans can see he wasn't at 100%?
And in the 7 devastating losses to Djokovic he never took 1 MTO... why would he give up and lose to Stan but never try anything against Djokovic?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:I'm not sure what Nadal would gain though, yes perhaps a mind games victory- but what's the point of that if you don't run to anything and serve so slowly and then get beaten easily?
Well, he did win a set, which may well be better than what he would have won had he played all match at 100%.  Look, I am not saying I am certainly right, and I admit it is a pretty cynical take on it that I have.  In any event, it is neither here nor there.  He lost today but another day will come.

As I said, I am sure his back will be back.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:31 pm

I would say more irrational than cynical, but there you go.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:31 pm

I cannot speak for them, but as i detailed in the anti nadal view that is what they think of him and that won't change.

Like SB i was and still am a bit skeptical, especially when out of the blue this happens.

Steve Tignor ‏[ltr]@SteveTignor[/ltr]  1h
Nadal felt back problem in the warm-up, he says.

Nadal seemed injured, nuff said.

I won;'t say anymore now I just want to bask in the glow of a slam grand slam triumph for STAN THE MAN ALLEZ Big Grin

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:33 pm

Nadal did stress it did not affect him until it suddenly seized and went stiff during the 3rd game of second set.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:34 pm

luvsports! wrote:I cannot speak for them, but as i detailed in the anti nadal view that is what they think of him and that won't change.
Yes, the anti-Nadal view will never change.
Even if it happens as it did today, first the anti-Nadalites will claim that he was playing at 100%, then when they realise his serve was at 80mph they will claim that it was mind games and tactics, as if Nadal will throw away a slam final like that to a guy he's never lost a set to before today.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:45 pm

Amri, your whole week has been about talking about Nadal's "injuries" and putting his opponents down.  All you have done is talk about blisters (lol) and backs.  Put a sock in it.  What does it say to people when all they read from you is Wile E Coyote logic excuses?  You really need to learn that niggles and pains are a part of tennis.  Nadal is less talented than a lot of players so compensates with his running and power.  This takes a hit on the body.  Nadal is coming to the end now.  No one believes Nadal about his injuries because he has been doing the same thing as you for over 10 years.  When he wins, everything is great, when he is losing, he needs a trainer.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:49 pm

I congratulated Wawrinka for winning the title, which I agree he deserved.

You could have written a thread on Stan, but instead chose to write one on Nadal's interview.
Have I ever seen you say anything positive about Nadal? On v2 you were Seifer banned, Daniel banned, homogenised banned, Leopard banned, and some others. Even on ja606 and BBC comments you went in as Daniel and repeated the same line again and again; I follow tennis for a positive feeling because I like Nadal and admire his rivals, it appears you follow tennis simply to vent your frustration.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:45 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:Anyway we'll see what Tenez has to say on this, I have a feeling he will agree with me and say that Nadal was not playing at 100% after mid-second set.

I only saw, after the first set, 3 points in the 3rd and though he was ahead he clearly seemed injured. I do not think many will deny that.....But credit to Stan for forcing that injury. It was key for Nadal to show stan that he could retrieve the most irretrievable balls to force Stan to go for more and too much in fact. Nadal did the same early in his match v Ferrer on the same court in 2010...or 11 and that is essentially due to Nadal using too much of his physique. In fact being forced to use too much of it. And that is down to Stan....I don't think Nadal would have been close to injure himself had he faced you (amri) in that final. So credit to Stan again.

Injuries, especially when considering those physical players (Nadal, Djko and Murray) are very much part of their games. They live by the sword...they die by the sword!

Well done Stan! You are the real Hero as you went for your shots and did not scrap through. You had the guts to go for broke at an inexperienced time versus a player who used every drop of sweat at you, playing a gutless tennis with huge loopy shots hoping to break your timing. Nadal's only chance was to bring you down to his level, killing your talent by making you run the extra mile. Nadal paid the price...he ran that extra step which ended up breaking that impressive physical machine.

In short your talent today was even better than Nadal's fitness. Enjoy! like most of us do today...including Federer your friend, I am sure!

Last edited by Tenez on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:47 pm

For me, it's the boy who cried wolf.  Cool

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:49 pm

FedererKing wrote:For me, it's the boy who cried wolf.  Cool
Well yes...but the wolf came to eat the boy at the end!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:59 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
As I said, I have a feeling he will agree with me rather than ROTLA, SR, FK etc. that Nadal was genuinely not 100%.
In my above post, I never said nadal was 100%. I wasn’t sure actually. My point was that counter to your “warrior” hyperbole, Nadal gave up in the 4th set all too easily. That’s a fact. We all saw it.

The question is why he didn’t fight as expected? Perhaps 1) he was indeed injured and knew he couldn’t stop Stan OR 2) he wasn’t injured but knew, regardless, he still couldn’t stop Stan, because the crowd didn’t support him and Swiss continued to show an overwhelming winning momentum.

Of course nadal fan automatically chose answer 1) while the rest of us, having witnessed so many incidences of nadal’s gamesmanship in the past to steal wins, automatically chose answer 2). Because nadal’s been crying wolf too many times, he has now lost all credibility. Surely you can understand why many fans won't give him benefit of doubt. But in today’s match the injury issue hardly matter. What counts for me is payback time by a fraudulent player who has been digging his own grave with outlandish gamesmanship all his tennis career and today, the audience really got fed up and they bury him in it. SERVE HIM RIGHT!

See Amri, it’s not just about winning but also an athlete’s moral compass. A champion has to win in an honourable way to prove his real worth and be rewarded by history likewise with respect. Too bad Nadal and his fans just don’t seem to get it.  

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:07 pm

I must say that After watching the resume....only and GP comment...I am not so sure Nadal was injured. He looks like he is playing better in that 3 and 4rth set.....certainly taking Wawrinka concentration away.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:09 pm

SR, the crowd were fully behind him in the 3rd and 4th set, they were screaming for every point he won and I was hearing 'Rafa Rafa' chants between every game.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:10 pm

Tenez wrote:I must say that After watching the resume....only and GP comment...I am not so sure Nadal was injured. He looks like he is playing better in that 3 and 4rth set.....certainly taking Wawrinka concentration away.
How long do painkillers make things slightly better?
Even in his last service game 3-4 down 4th set, he was serving max 100mph. That's not normal.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:18 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:I must say that After watching the resume....only and GP comment...I am not so sure Nadal was injured. He looks like he is playing better in that 3 and 4rth set.....certainly taking Wawrinka concentration away.
How long do painkillers make things slightly better?
Even in his last service game 3-4 down 4th set, he was serving max 100mph. That's not normal.

As I said...i'll have a better look when the match is available on the bbc. But the point GP makes )and I guess others) is that he could not quite face the crowd and the media had he gone to 5 sets and win. He saw how furious the crowd was when he took his MTO and clearly from there he was not going to serve bombs. The point some make is that he lost the marketing match...and his popularity could have suffered a lot.....had he won, or shown better form. He was in a way doomed to lose when he heard the bad reception he got on his return from injury.

Sure there is also the possibility that he was injured.....but I am certainly not as convinced as I first was but for me it does not matter whether he was injured or not cause if he was...it's all down to Stan!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:21 pm

The conspiracy that Nadal faked an injury because he was scared of the crowd is beyond ludicrous.
The idea that Nadal would throw a match just because of the fans is ridiculous.
By the way, the crowd were massively behind him after he started playing in the second set.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:22 pm

He could have played well and said 'I had a back spasm, but the physio sorted it out in the locker room'- and honestly I don' think if he went to win on from there that many people would have been complaining. (Of course the people who hate him complain either way).

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:SR, the crowd were fully behind him in the 3rd and 4th set, they were screaming for every point he won and I was hearing 'Rafa Rafa' chants between every game.

This is inconsistent with both GP's and FK's report. I'd go with them over you, no offense. They observed that the crowd was booing and unhappy with the MTO.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:28 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:The conspiracy that Nadal faked an injury because he was scared of the crowd is beyond ludicrous.
The idea that Nadal would throw a match just because of the fans is ridiculous.
By the way, the crowd were massively behind him after he started playing in the second set.

It's not ludicrous at all. It's the crowd that has allowed him to take so much extra time between points all those years, it's the crowd that doesn't care whether he is being coached or not, It's the crowd that stress the referees to apply the rule......the crowd is everything, especially for Nadal who can thank the crowd for everything that went his way since he came to main stage. It's the crowd that did not mind the slowing down of the courts all over the world to see him a bit longer....so when the whole crowd turned on him...he sensed that things could turn very badly.

You as a very faithful fan you want to believe whatever he says but for those who were not so passionate but supported him, he certainly did not want to turn them against him....and he did the right thing probably as they still encouraged him in the 3rd and 4th set when they finally believed, like you, he was injured. So at least the day is partly saved for him.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:31 pm

SR wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:SR, the crowd were fully behind him in the 3rd and 4th set, they were screaming for every point he won and I was hearing 'Rafa Rafa' chants between every game.

This is inconsistent with both GP's and FK's report. I'd go with them over you, no offense. They observed that the crowd was booing and unhappy with the MTO.
Just watch the match, they were initially unhappy but then they really started to rally around him- infact I've never seen such a pro-Nadal crowd.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:31 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:He could have played well and said 'I had a back spasm, but the physio sorted it out in the locker room'- and honestly I don' think if he went to win on from there that many people would have been complaining. (Of course the people who hate him complain either way).
...well but he still had to win...not a given considering how well Stan was playing and then he would have had the whole press, the players, AND the crowd mad at him.

Maybe he was really injured too..like maybe he is a doper too..but as usual you don't even want to consider the alternative. For you the fan, Nadal's emotions are taken at face value! A bit simple really when you consider the millions at stake!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum