Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
play - Confirmed: Australian Open to play lightning quick this year - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
play - Confirmed: Australian Open to play lightning quick this year - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
play - Confirmed: Australian Open to play lightning quick this year - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
play - Confirmed: Australian Open to play lightning quick this year - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
play - Confirmed: Australian Open to play lightning quick this year - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
play - Confirmed: Australian Open to play lightning quick this year - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
play - Confirmed: Australian Open to play lightning quick this year - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
play - Confirmed: Australian Open to play lightning quick this year - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
play - Confirmed: Australian Open to play lightning quick this year - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Confirmed: Australian Open to play lightning quick this year

+4
Daniel
mikeyM1000
noleisthebest
N2D2L
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

play - Confirmed: Australian Open to play lightning quick this year - Page 2 Empty Re: Confirmed: Australian Open to play lightning quick this year

Post by N2D2L Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:42 pm

OK fine I admit, perhaps I got this one wrong.

According to Fed both the balls and court have quite slightly quicker from 2013, and the court got slightly quicker from 2012 to 2013.

A combination of these things could explain why Nadal, who didn't play last year, feels a more accentuated change.

The courts aren't as fast as I thought they would be though, which is bad news for Nadal- as he actually likes faster courts I think (as long as they are high bouncing).

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

play - Confirmed: Australian Open to play lightning quick this year - Page 2 Empty Re: Confirmed: Australian Open to play lightning quick this year

Post by Tenez Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:18 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:OK fine I admit, perhaps I got this one wrong.

According to Fed both the balls and court have quite slightly quicker from 2013, and the court got slightly quicker from 2012 to 2013.

A combination of these things could explain why Nadal, who didn't play last year, feels a more accentuated change.

The courts aren't as fast as I thought they would be though, which is bad news for Nadal- as he actually likes faster courts I think (as long as they are high bouncing).

One word comes to mind: Pilpul!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:

Faster - maybe, fast - no.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:37 pm

Someone should frame this once in a lifetime moment.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:59 pm

So YOU got it wrong or your "sources"?    You keep saying you receive this information from inside sources so why where they so wrong?  Now you say it was you yourself, so you are your own source?

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:34 pm

Well I was wrong in believing my sources, in this instance.

Tenez, what does that mean?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:03 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:Well I was wrong in believing my sources, in this instance.

Tenez, what does that mean?

you should definitely question the validity of your sources info going forward. I'm assuming these are the same sources that told you Nadal has never failed a test and doesn't dope.........etc  :-)

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:36 pm

OK, I will in future.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:02 am

Good, btw- I suggest you look on places like men's tennis forum, USA today, bbc, for your inside news from now on- after all a quick google search shows posts on those forums, news flashes on the 25th and 26th breaking the troiki and cilic news before you did. Time stamped before your posts. What a farce you've created with your imaginary sources.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:15 am

The Cilic one was considerably before, actually.
Some people may find out before me, I can't control that.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:32 am

Rumours are flying around, weeks and months beforehand; I only bring them to the table once I judge them to be accurate and is somewhat verified- sometimes I make mistakes, and sometimes people have news before me.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:01 am

Your 1st post and later ones clearly indicated you had sources who had given you the news 1st. You even went into how you were the only one reporting it. You even used that in this thread to back up that you had special sources that were feeding you special and breaking news.

Now you freely admit that the cilic and troiki news was floating all around the place- so what was special about your sources or you posts? I see verified reports coming out of Europe on the internet days before you posted anything- so really all you had to do was copy info already out there and claim you had inside sources. Just go back and read your posts and tell us with a straight face you weren't claiming to have knowledge before anyone else. Which was comically untrue. That + this court speed nonsense further destroys any credibility you have.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:38 am

Sad

This is turning into a disastrous week for me.

Firstly Nadal gets a nightmare draw, public trust in me is a an all time low (see above), Nadal hates the court speed of the Australian Open, Truffin has morphed into a true Sherlock Holmes style detective, and even Toni is complaning about Messi taking penalties in Camp Nou.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:38 pm

Yes, and Holmes always solved the case as I have... :-)

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:36 pm

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO:  I like the tournament.  I think this year the courts are faster than years ago. 

So it looks like it is perhaps playing a bit faster than some previous years.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:31 pm

Perhaps but extreme temperatures may have aided that and also the outside courts were said to be faster weren't they?
Maybe a bit faster but nothing big.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:20 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO:  I like the tournament.  I think this year the courts are faster than years ago. 

OK, not lightning, but still faster.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:06 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO:  I like the tournament.  I think this year the courts are faster than years ago. 

OK, not lightning, but still faster.

Not necessarily.Court and ball conditions might perfectly identical to previous years, the weather would alter the pace. If it gets cooler than previous years next week, the conds might actually get slower than previous years.

That's logic!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:57 pm

Wasn't it pretty hot in 2009? (I believe Djoko retired).

But yes, heat does mean faster courts.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Quick, my ass.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:19 pm

Anyone could see conditions dramatically slowed yesterday-- because the heat went away.  There was a marked difference.   With the forecast more of the same and night matches for the last rounds, conditions are going to be the normal slow.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2