Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 8, Tuesday 9th July EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 8, Tuesday 9th July EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 8, Tuesday 9th July EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 8, Tuesday 9th July EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 8, Tuesday 9th July EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 8, Tuesday 9th July EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 8, Tuesday 9th July EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 8, Tuesday 9th July EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 8, Tuesday 9th July EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Wimbledon Day 8, Tuesday 9th July

+4
legendkillar
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Tenez
barrystar
8 posters

Go down

Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 8, Tuesday 9th July Empty Wimbledon Day 8, Tuesday 9th July

Post by barrystar Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:56 am

Today is mass participation day on this forum, perhaps the most anticipated day of the year by posters - Ladies QF!

CC:

Riske v. Williams S
Strycova v. Konta
Murray A & Williams S v. Marton & Atawo

No. 1:

Halep v. Zhang
Svitolina v. Muchova

And a lot of doubles, juniors, and crusties.

Riske demolished Barty with fine aggressive tennis yesterday, and if she keeps that standard up might discombobulate Williams.  I like Halep, and maybe she'll put on a really good run here.  Muchova was great yesterday too, but a 13-11 final set may catch up with her.  Let's hope Konta puts off her legendary tightness for another round...

The policy of putting Gauff and Konta endlessly on CC is being shown up with many of the QF participants (not including Gauff) strangers to the place, which is hardly fair when they have gone so far in such a big tournament.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 8, Tuesday 9th July Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 8, Tuesday 9th July

Post by Tenez Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:40 am

Wise words from the Swiss:

Q. More records broken here at Wimbledon: 17 fourth-round appearances, 350 wins at Grand Slams. Moves you to the top of those lists. How do you feel about those records? What is it going to take for somebody to stop your run? You looked in fine form today.
ROGER FEDERER: Thank you, yeah. I mean, the records mean something to me, but not everything just because I am very much aware that not everybody for the last hundred years played all the slams. It's really only the last 20 years that that's been going on. Traveling has gotten easier. I'm sure that's going to keep happening from now on, most of the players will keep playing.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 8, Tuesday 9th July Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 8, Tuesday 9th July

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:31 am

I just hope someone kicks that balloon-butt Serena-Fcking-Williams out of this wimbledon. She not only looks ugly, but her conduct is also just as ugly.

Unbelievable that someone sleeps with her.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/48916760

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:46 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:I just hope someone kicks that balloon-butt Serena-Fcking-Williams out of this wimbledon. She not only looks ugly, but her conduct is also just as ugly.

It takes all shapes and sizes and also what tickles your pickle. 

I do share the sentiment of wanting to see someone put her out. Just so we are excused from the media fanfare of what an amazing athlete she is being a mother and all. Like she's the only parent playing sport!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:02 pm

https://www.sport24.co.za/Tennis/Wimbledon/nadal-sparks-sexism-spat-over-bartys-centre-court-snub-20190709

He has a point. 

I'd be looking more how a 15 year old unseeded player got more show court time than Barty. That's the real question. 

BBC have now shifted their focus on to Serena and supermum!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:49 pm

Very good first set - Riske playing fine attacking tennis, but once Williams zoned in and combined accuracy with weight of shot she steamed the last two games.  It will be a shock if she doesn't clean this up in two.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:19 pm

Greetings from CC! Big Grin
On me 3rd Pimms.
Need I remind you life is beautiful. Bubbly

Faithfully holding the torch for OTF. diva

Come on Alison, Riske it baby! tennisball

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:31 pm

Fantastic end to the second set - Riske broke very cleanly showing fine soft hands as well as good placement and depth of shot and has leveled at 1-1.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:39 pm

Really hoping Strycova wins here. I can’t stand Konta and her hideous game.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:24 pm

Limited robot exposed by a bit of variety.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Absolutely pathetic. Konta just doesn't know what to do with the ball! 

Amusing that her coach doesn't agree with on-court coaching. Sense a parting of the ways there given Konta can't think on her feet. Just see ball hit ball.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:28 pm

Strycova looked calm and collective and destroyed the Konta FH. 

I don't think Konta even came to the net, though this tournament has demonstrated clay courters can succeed.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:35 pm

A proper tennis player that Strycova, and what a charming reaction to her win.  

I feel sorry for Konta, who has once again demonstrated that she is too limited a player to get through the high pressure moments.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:00 pm

barrystar wrote:A proper tennis player that Strycova, and what a charming reaction to her win.  

I feel sorry for Konta, who has once again demonstrated that she is too limited a player to get through the high pressure moments.

Indeed.
Started off a bot tight but when she relaxed - what a brave little cookie! Magic

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:03 pm

Konta indeed is 1d. Didn’t expect her to cave in so meekly after the first set.
Not staying for Murray-Serena doubles..too much for my fine aesthetic palate. Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:12 pm

Now sat in the champagne bar, some lovely, charming oldies playing jazz, what a perfect summer evening!
Viva Wimbledon Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:49 pm

Waiting for Nishikori to announce withdrawal

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:50 pm

So the only big hitter left is for Nadal.

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:43 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:I just hope someone kicks that balloon-butt Serena-Fcking-Williams out of this wimbledon. She not only looks ugly, but her conduct is also just as ugly.

It's a sad indictment of  women's tennis that her fat arse is able to win so much.  None of them can move her around.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:51 pm

naxroy wrote:Waiting for Nishikori to announce withdrawal
He hasn’t had his big match. His form is to withdraw after running himself with a 5 set win over Federer.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:09 pm

I see Konta lost her rag with a presser who implied she bottled the big points. In fairness to the guy, he did have a point.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:03 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Greetings from CC! Big Grin
On me 3rd Pimms.

That's something I have been missing dearly. Hope you had a good day.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:05 pm

legendkillar wrote:I see Konta lost her rag with a presser who implied she bottled the big points. In fairness to the guy, he did have a point.
I can't stand her. Typical. Always acting as the victim while being the sheer aggressor.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:14 am

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Greetings from CC! Big Grin
On me 3rd Pimms.

That's something I have been missing dearly. Hope you had a good day.
I did. Wimbledon simply can't fail to deliver! Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:16 am

legendkillar wrote:I see Konta lost her rag with a presser who implied she bottled the big points. In fairness to the guy, he did have a point.
I made an effort to listen to the presser...and for once I agree with Konta. She just lost a match in front of the home crowd, was outplayed, gave a very fair and honest description of why and how and some cleverdick chooses to dig further and add more salt to the wound.
Good on Johanna to be outspoken and stand up for herself. I wish more players sat creepy journalists on their backsides like that. Applause

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:26 am

noleisthebest wrote:
I made an effort to listen to the presser...and for once I agree with Konta. She just lost a match in front of the home crowd, was outplayed, gave a very fair and honest description of why and how and some cleverdick chooses to dig further and add more salt to the wound.
Good on Johanna to be outspoken and stand up for herself. I wish more players sat creepy journalists on their backsides like that. Applause

Nah. The guy at best may have been clumsy in how he phrased it, but he was well within his rights to ask. That’s 2 big matches she’s had against lower ranked players that’s she’s frozen on stage. Granted she won’t admit to that, however evidence is pointing towards that.

If she succeeded, she’d be the first to lap up the adulation and praise placed on her by the very same people. It’s a 2 way street.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:48 am

Konta is all bullshit, with her "process", her hapless mentality and her awful game. I'm sure in private she's perfectly nice but as a tennis player there's nothing to like and in her presser she gave a dishonest assessment of the match and was rightly called out on it, then immediately squealed the victim. How very 2019.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down