Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
djok* - Agassi and Djokovic part company? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
djok* - Agassi and Djokovic part company? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
djok* - Agassi and Djokovic part company? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
djok* - Agassi and Djokovic part company? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
djok* - Agassi and Djokovic part company? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
djok* - Agassi and Djokovic part company? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
djok* - Agassi and Djokovic part company? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
djok* - Agassi and Djokovic part company? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
djok* - Agassi and Djokovic part company? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Agassi and Djokovic part company?

+8
Daniel
bogbrush
AceofDeath
Slippy
Jahu
noleisthebest
Tenez
luvsports!
12 posters

Go down

djok* - Agassi and Djokovic part company? Empty Agassi and Djokovic part company?

Post by luvsports! Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:42 am

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

djok* - Agassi and Djokovic part company? Empty Re: Agassi and Djokovic part company?

Post by Tenez Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:50 am

I hope we are going to see the end of those past-slam-winners coaches.

I have not been convinced by any of them.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

djok* - Agassi and Djokovic part company? Empty Re: Agassi and Djokovic part company?

Post by noleisthebest Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:22 am

Let me repeat once again: da wife.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:21 pm

Yeah, Agassi said: Too often we would not agree on things. Guess he saw Djoko has become a robot run by his Guru and Wife.

So Vajda, Becker, Agassi, Ancic, only Stepanek left.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:57 pm

Ancic left?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:59 pm

Don;t think he ever was fully engaged, more of as needed. But we never heard from him anymore, nor Djoko ever mentioned him again since last W.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:42 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Let me repeat once again: da wife.
Always seems to me that she’s probably the only good influence around him. Seems very sensible and well-spoken. Has also dealt very well with Novak’s apparent cheating and I suspect from some of his antics that he’s probably very immature. His continued link to that guru is very worrying. Hope he can get it together as tennis needs him back desperately.

Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:12 pm

What do you mean? She has ruined Djoko. A good influence on his Bank Account I guess, but has totally screwed up Djoko professionally, she made him go into this crappy diet of berries, seeds and what not, proably guru stuff too, and made problems for Djoko's own dad/mom too.

Elementary School love marriages, mostly suck!!!

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofDeath Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:41 pm

Slippy wrote:
Always seems to me that she’s probably the only good influence around him. Seems very sensible and well-spoken. Has also dealt very well with Novak’s apparent cheating and I suspect from some of his antics that he’s probably very immature. His continued link to that guru is very worrying. Hope he can get it together as tennis needs him back desperately.
Never knew it was the guru's fault Nole can't keep the ball in the court for very long  Somersault

AceofDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:58 pm

“Djoko” is a man of mystery, isn’t he...Big Grin

In a  weird way, I like his career has gone outrageously crazy...

Maybe his mind subconsciously doesn’t want to come back, is sulking...for all that lack of love...for all the unsung praises he was due during that amazing reign, esp when he held all 4 slams.

Joker, the smiling champion is just going through a phase...he’ll come back on his own terms.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:07 pm

It sounds like he’s gone off the rails.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:20 pm

Maybe he’s just hit his midlife crisis 10-15 years too early...in a philosophical way...Djoker  
has always wanted to be free and alone, despite the contrary appearance.

Or maybe he is miffed he had to sign in the contract with Lacoste he can’t tear his shirts any more...oh, horror!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:48 am

He's older and most old players fall off the radar.  Simple.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:54 am

haha.. you really despise Djokovic's wife, don't you? According to you everything that has gone/going wrong in his life is due to his wife.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:22 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:

haha.. you really despise Djokovic's wife, don't you? According to you everything that has gone/going wrong in his life is due to his wife.
Not everything, but most.

If only it was funny....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:01 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

Not everything, but most.

If only it was funny....

And your proof is where?  You and Tenez like to make grand statements as if the rest of us should just accept it as gospel.  Magic

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:53 pm

Actually nitb, it’s getting a bit tiresome (imo) to read everything laid at his wife’s feet but then you refuse to back any of this up.

It almost looks like you want a scapegoat for all his problems so you can absolve him of failure. You’ve even starting categorising his decline as a quirky expression of something admirable in his character.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Ye, come on Nitb, out with it! Big Grin

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:32 pm

Yep, accusing players of being drug cheats without any evidence or knowledge - no issue for NITB. Explaining what exactly Novak’s (seemingly) very supportive wife has done wrong - can’t possibly say - too secret!

Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:25 pm

luvsports! wrote:Ye, come on Nitb, out with it! Big Grin

Trust me LS, me old schmoozing guru, I would've said it if I could. You as a journo should understand. Thumbs Up

All I can hope for is that Nole is going to survive to rip another T-shirt!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:19 pm

I think I’m going to go with the publicised stories that it’s him playing around, rather than hinted rumours that even the person spreading them can’t say.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:41 pm

A few reasons, not all on his wife:

1. RG won, motive lost.
2. Balkan mentality - loads of money earned, held all 4 GS, who cares any more for anything.
3. Bitch wife, gone mad on Social media with $300 breakfasts of berries and seeds, 3 meter long books stacked from floor to ceiling, how smart she is, blla blla. Gets Djoko into same diet. Makes problems with his parents, all sit in different boxes.
4. Djoko retaliates by going and having some random sex with anyone he can, compensating for being with same girl since he got his first erection.
5. His failed tennis bro sniffs loads of money, plays the emotionally injured and sick puppy in depression cause he grew up on the shadow oh his bigger bro, gets Pepe to help, who gets into Djoko. Pic here, all 3 expressing their souls infront of an audience: https://imgur.com/a/5NSug
6. All this shit, I guess the guy gave up, not sure who told him to sack Vajda/Becker all his team, guess Pepe/Wife told him you got all NOW, lets start all NEW, for whatever reason.
7. Djoko can't get mentally now into training etc, hides behind a fake injury, Agassi cut it off with him for exactly Djoko not bothering at all.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:10 am

Expensive breakfasts and family friction is grounds for serial infidelity?

He sounds like a right knobhead.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:03 pm

Think all those around him took advantage of his money and didn't much care for Djoko's side, wife, bro, gurus, etc etc. Guess he saw that a little too late and just blew the gasket and went a little his own way to protest. Well only he knows how and what and why it all happened, and why he ain't being able to come back to his normal tennis and training routine.

I don't think it was a serial infidelity, more of a let me shortly dip it into some other hole.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:21 pm

There's no excuse for it.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:33 pm

I'm not excusing him, but sure easy for us to guess and take a stab at it from our chairs.

Maybe we know 15% of the whole story what happened.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:23 pm

I know less with every post smiley

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:39 pm

Who gives a toss for Djoko, been saying it for last 10 years, no one believed me, also said he will be forgotten the moment he quits tennis.

So my 2 wishes are coming true  Laugh Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm

bogbrush wrote:I know less with every post smiley
We’ll call you Socrates, then. Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:11 am

bogbrush wrote:I know less with every post smiley
LOL.  Well put.  Same here.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:12 am

In the end, Djokovic is 30+ year old man.  Regardless of why he cannot screw his head back on the right way around, it is on him, not on anyone else.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:42 am

Not surprised it's come to an end so quickly and abruptly.

The guy doesn't know what he needs. Right hand doesn't know hat the left is doing.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:02 pm

I dn’t know how you are not surprised.

From holding all four slams in THIS era to “this”...

It’s gotta be the biggest mystery in sport.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:11 pm

But it's not a mystery as you have blamed the wife. 

I am not surprised by this decision. Guy sacked his team last year and what is obvious is that he still isn't sure how to either improve his game or reach the lofty standards he had before.

Sacking his team hasn't worked and hiring Agassi hasn't.

Sounds a confused mess to me.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:09 pm

Maybe sacking Stepanek will work Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:42 am

Jahu wrote:Maybe sacking Stepanek will work Laugh

Djoko didn't leave that to chance either. Fired Steps too.. hahaha Laugh

Who's now left in his professional team? I guess no one. His box will be having only family members.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:44 am

After the RG2016 win, holding all 4-slams.. in 2 nearly the only tournament he has won is ATP250 Qatar Open. And no other finals either except Rome.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:59 am

Jahu wrote:Maybe sacking Stepanek will work Laugh

Djoko didn't leave that to chance either. Fired Steps too.. hahaha Laugh

Who's now left in his professional team? I guess no one. His box will be having only family members.

Boxes, there are 2 boxes, mom and dad, and wife on another box, they don't sit together for a long time.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:58 am

It looks more and more to me as though winning RG 2016 released a genie or two and he realises that he'll struggle to put everything back into the bottle, hence his search for an alternative route back (a shortcut?); but so far its stalling badly.

I wish him well, it's a shame to see that talent and hard work undone so quickly.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:11 pm

I am pretty sure he is going to hire his old team back.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:31 pm

Becker would come immediately, he is bankrupt and in debts anyway, needs cash.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:50 pm

The old team did not include Becker in my book.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:12 pm

So just Vajda? Vajda was more of a father/emotional figure, then Tennis expert to Djoko, Becker gave it a little edge and self-promotion to Djoko that was dying for it. Becker kept Djoko in media news, Vajda rarely speaks. But maybe now Djoko can settle down with just Vajda and play without barking everyday on instagram.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:46 pm

Ivanisevic said Nole’s switched to lighter racquet because of the arm problem...which can explain the less powerful shots.

After seeing his Miami post-match interview yesterday, I can say Nole did not look good to me.

I detected impatience and rattiness, mixed with a shade of resignation...

What I liked, he kind of didn’t give a damn about anything.

Again, I think his main tennis problem is lack of confidence, and it’s going to get worse with every match he loses.

Privately, he is just not happy. He is living a B life there.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:55 pm

barrystar wrote:It looks more and more to me as though winning RG 2016 released a genie or two and he realises that he'll struggle to put everything back into the bottle, hence his search for an alternative route back (a shortcut?); but so far its stalling badly.
I really don’t think RG had anything to do with what happened.
But it was a monumental moment for him, for sure.
barrystar wrote:
I wish him well, it's a shame to see that talent and hard work undone so quickly.
It is, isn’t it.

He did have a lot on his plate, though. It was always an uphill battle, I admired that side of him very much.
If anything can pull him out of this pit it will be his enormous will to fight.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:28 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Ivanisevic said Nole’s switched to lighter racquet because of the arm problem...which can explain the less powerful shots.

After seeing his Miami post-match interview yesterday, I can say Nole did not look good to me.

I detected impatience and rattiness, mixed with a shade of resignation...

What I liked, he kind of didn’t give a damn about anything.

Again, I think his main tennis problem is lack of confidence, and it’s going to get worse with every match he loses.

Privately, he is just not happy. He is living a B life there.

I am a real connoisseur when it comes to tennis elbow!....unfortunately. It has plagued my tennis for years.

A lighter racquet will help but lower tension will help further as well and will compensate for loss of power due to lighter racquet. But of course he and all his teams know that....so clearly for now there is not much more he can do.

I remember when I described Djoko's style in 606 many years ago when he was up and coming (was that in 2007 or 2008), I mentioned he used the wrist a lot for his shots and that does not help the elbow but the serve might also be the cause of his pain. As long as his pain is there, there is not much to expect from him. That more than anything else will be the reason why he can;t find the winning ways again.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Nole said before Miami he was finally playing without pain...

If anything, his comeback attempts show how complex game of tennis is.

He is like a car stuck in mud that needs a tractor to pull him out.

Honestly, I am sick of talking about him and his mess...but since there is nothing much happening in tennis atm, his case looks fascinating.

As for elbow, if anyone should have trouble with it due to style it’s Nadal, yet he doesn’t...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 am

noleisthebest wrote:Nole said before Miami he was finally playing without pain...

If anything, his comeback attempts show how complex game of tennis is.
he certainly did not look like someone who could hot the ball freely.

As for elbow, if anyone should have trouble with it due to style it’s Nadal, yet he doesn’t...
Nadal has the muscle mass to take the strain out of the ligaments. More muscles is the solution to ligaments inflammation.

And Nadal uses his whole arm a lot in his his power. He really throws his arm into the ball.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:24 am

The main difference berween Nadal and Nole is where they take the ball.

The fact Nadal was taken his as late as possible for most of his career should also have reduced the impact on the elbow.

As soon as he tried to play closer, he’s had issues with the wrist.

I have never watched him from close by (actually I did once but preferred to watch Federer’s footwork while he was on the other side of the court in that match, hehe) but the sheer amount of lift and pounding he imparts on the ball, I am still amazed he got away with arm injuries.

With Nole, he takes the ball early and spins the ball with his wrist rather than Nadal’s “lift”.
That is actually quite an amazing technique and I also can’t believe it took him so long to start showing wear and tear there.

Regardless, the fact he is sacking coaches and entire teams on a whim says he’s gone either physically or mentally.

Or is the latter a consequence of the former?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:27 am

They are different genetically. Nadal is not Djok.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum