Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Tennis News

+18
truffin1
ryanr2
Daniel
N2D2L
legendkillar
gallery play
BlueClay
luvsports!
paulcz
summerblues
SayonaRa
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
socal1976
Veejay
Tenez
Larry Ellison
sphairistike
noleisthebest
22 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 Empty Re: Tennis News

Post by noleisthebest Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:56 pm

I'd love Nole to sign for Fred Perry, the rest, I don't mind.
I loved this photo, though (check the detail in the bottom right corner tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 1071211947)

http://photo.parismatch.com/media/photos2/actu/monde/richard-branson/5257189-1-fre-FR/Richard-Branson.jpg

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Hahaha!!
Luvs it! Big Grin
Fred Perry as in the clothing label?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Veejay wrote:Hahaha!!
Luvs it! tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 364988687

Yes, FP and Lacoste are ultimate in tennis (for me, at least tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 2998105013) Murray looked decent before he signed for Adidas, didn't have to wear their ridiculous neon gear and look like a (according to Sue Barker) a "peeled banana" tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 2786941968

Mind you, I am yet to get any of their gear, only have a vintage red FP tracksuit ... but players wearing their stuff look great, like proper players, although Nike have always made nice gear for Roger, and he looks effortlessly good in it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:17 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:Hahaha!!
Luvs it! tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 364988687

Yes, FP and Lacoste are ultimate in tennis (for me, at least tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 2998105013) Murray looked decent before he signed for Adidas, didn't have to wear their ridiculous neon gear and look like a (according to Sue Barker) a "peeled banana" tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 2786941968

Mind you, I am yet to get any of their gear, only have a vintage red FP tracksuit ...

Murray looked hideous in Fred Perry,sorry but he did.He looks the part a little more with Adidas
I dont know what ever made Djokovic think Uniqlo is a sports label,but he will definitely be endorsing Nike now that he is with IMG

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:41 pm

Never thought I'd type this even with mild excitement...but....Abu Dhabi starting tomorrow tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 2998105013

http://www.mubadalawtc.com/tournament.aspx

Djokovic, Murray, Ferrer, Berdych, Tipsarevic, Almagro (Nadal sub)....Nole defending champion tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 2211252749

P.S.
GO NOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 273093567

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:58 pm

Nole demolishes Ferrer 6:0 6:2 in Abu Dhabi Bubbly
The kind of news a fan needs on another mince pie kind of morning ....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:59 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Nole demolishes Ferrer 6:0 6:2 in Abu Dhabi tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 83870220
The kind of news a fan needs on another mince pie kind of morning ....

Great win a superb start for a new season tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 83870220

Stomach virus spreads on and knees deteriorated from this afternoon. Morybundus´s probability to play at AO has dropped by a couple of further %.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Nadal pulls out of AO, due to lack of match practice before the tournament- but says his knee is getting much better. He will play his next tournament in Acuapalo.

I totally agree with this decision from Rafa, with this lack of match practice playing the AO was really pointless, much better to come back in a smaller tournament in Mexico from this injury.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:47 pm

Some people are that naive!? tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 2786941968

Must be the holiday spirit... tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 2322646808

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 83870220

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:Nadal pulls out of AO, due to lack of match practice before the tournament-

Where did you get this part? What all I'm seeing his withdrawal is due to the stomach virus which hasn't allowed him to play the on going Mubadala WTC. Where did he say that he is not playing due to lack of match practice.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/8786752/rafael-nadal-pulls-australian-open-due-virus

And why would you believe that? Its still lot of time for AO and abundant tournaments to get some practice if thats all he wants.

Qatar is only an ATP 250, Acapulco is ATP 500 tournament. So which is smaller Amri? There are many small tournaments still to go before the the AO 2013 starts. They can all provide good match practice if thats all he wants. If he wants to play smaller tournaments for match practice why not play in Hoppman cup or the Kooyang exhibition. I'm sure no tournament will deny him an entry.

Its all a lie Amri. Wake up and see it.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Quote from Rafa:
"My knee is much better and the rehabilitation process has gone well as predicted by the doctors, but this virus didn't allow me to practice this past week and therefore I am sorry to announce that I will not play in Doha and the Australian Open, as we had initially scheduled."

Going into a Grand Slam with only 1 weeks worth of practice is sheer lunacy.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:Quote from Rafa:
"My knee is much better and the rehabilitation process has gone well as predicted by the doctors, but this virus didn't allow me to practice this past week and therefore I am sorry to announce that I will not play in Doha and the Australian Open, as we had initially scheduled."

Going into a Grand Slam with only 1 weeks worth of practice is sheer lunacy.

1. Its not lunacy, why would it anyways be. Nadal has no expectation from AO, why not take AO itself as a match practice tournament. AT worst he will have at least one match. Better than not having any if thats all he needs.

2. I already said there are still many tournaments to go before the AO starts. If he was ready to play Mubadal, his knees must be fine. Virus stomach bugs go away soon. So why not use those pre AO tournaments for practice? Nadal and his camp must be very stupid, who can't even figure this out, isn't it?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:16 pm

AO is not the kind of tournament to be taken as a 'match practice tournament.'

There are hardly 'many tournaments to go' before AO starts. He was ruled out of Abu Dhabi and Doha due to stomach virus, let's say it does go by next week; how many tournaments are left before AO??

He needs around 2-3 tournaments before AO, and he wouldn't get that.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:22 pm

what name did you change from sin rafa?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:23 pm

luvsports! wrote:what name did you change from sin rafa?
Amritia3ee

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:31 pm

you have quite a few names amrit, imbl and now sin rafa

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:32 pm

Sin Rafa, no hay tenis wrote:AO is not the kind of tournament to be taken as a 'match practice tournament.'

There are hardly 'many tournaments to go' before AO starts. He was ruled out of Abu Dhabi and Doha due to stomach virus, let's say it does go by next week; how many tournaments are left before AO??

He needs around 2-3 tournaments before AO, and he wouldn't get that.

He withdrew from Mubadal WTC on Tuesday due to an already suffering stomach bug. If its going to take him another week to get cured from an upset stomach, then his doctors must also be stupid, isn't it? If he had played Doha his first match would have been on Wed I believe. So why miss the preparatory tournament so much in advance. Okay AO is not a tournament to be taken for match practice, but Qatar (ATP250) also isn't? Why not just play it, again he will get at least 1 match. Then there is Sydney, Auckland and or Kooyang exhibition.

He needs 2-3 tournaments? Really? Well 2 are available. good enough. So why is he still not playing?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:35 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
He needs 2-3 tournaments? Really? Well 2 are available. good enough. So why is he still not playing?

Those are the two tournaments directly before AO.

So to win AO he'll have to play 4 weeks in a row...

You can't be out for 6 months and then suddenly try to play 4 weeks in a row, it's lunacy.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:35 pm

luvsports! wrote:you have quite a few names amrit, imbl and now sin rafa
Check out MTL Thumbs Up

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:42 pm

nah im good got work to do and those guys are dbags

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:43 pm

luvsports! wrote:nah im good got work to do and those guys are dbags
Yeah, I saw they were mean to you earlier.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:46 pm

LS, check your inbox Thumbs Up

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Sin Rafa, no hay tenis wrote:

You can't be out for 6 months and then suddenly try to play 4 weeks in a row, it's lunacy.

ha ha.. you do find your reasons to convince yourself. What 4 weeks? He himself is not expecting to win AO. Perhaps he may not win anything for few months. so how is it going to be 4 weeks of continuous play?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:57 pm

If he's just going to lose early what's the point of entering at all?

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Sin Rafa, no hay tenis wrote:If he's just going to lose early what's the point of entering at all?

That will apply to any tournament Nadal plays now, won't it? If he is so certain he won't win anything due to no match practice now, then he sure will be certain he won't win even Acapulco. Why not even skip Acapulco? Then this will apply to the next following tournament too. So looks like Nadal should never play anything now just for the fear of losing, right?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Sin Rafa, no hay tenis wrote:If he's just going to lose early what's the point of entering at all?

That will apply to any tournament Nadal plays now, won't it? If he is so certain he won't win anything due to no match practice now, then he sure will be certain he won't win even Acapulco. Why not even skip Acapulco? Then this will apply to the next following tournament too. So looks like Nadal should never play anything now just for the fear of losing, right?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:22 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Remember Acapulo is clay as well, so without much match practice he can start of well there and build confidence.

I simply don't see why one should enter a massive tournament like the AO with laughable match practice and then be humiliated early; it's silly.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:55 pm

Sin Rafa, no hay tenis wrote: I simply don't see why one should enter a massive tournament like the AO with laughable match practice and then be humiliated early; it's silly.

If losing early in an tournament of AO's statute is so humiliating for a pro tennis player, then it is possible for him to succeed at all? Nadal said he played Wimby despite the injury yet he must be certain he would win WImbledon right? Else he must have withdrawn and avoided the humiliation losing in the 2nd round to #100 raked player? So why he didn't do it then? If avoiding a humiliating loss was so important he should have withdrawn before Wibledon started. He said he had very bad practice for it. So why he still played?

So if can play Wimbledon, he has no such reasons not to play AO as you are trying to convince yourself.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Sin Rafa, no hay tenis wrote: I simply don't see why one should enter a massive tournament like the AO with laughable match practice and then be humiliated early; it's silly.

If losing early in an tournament of AO's statute is so humiliating for a pro tennis player, then it is possible for him to succeed at all? Nadal said he played Wimby despite the injury yet he must be certain he would win WImbledon right? Else he must have withdrawn and avoided the humiliation losing in the 2nd round to #100 raked player? So why he didn't do it then? If avoiding a humiliating loss was so important he should have withdrawn before Wibledon started. He said he had very bad practice for it. So why he still played?

So if can play Wimbledon, he has no such reasons not to play AO as you are trying to convince yourself.

He made a mistake with playing Wimbledon, better not to repeat the same mistake again.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:10 pm

He made a mistake with playing Wimbledon, better not to repeat the same mistake again.

Why didn't he learn from his 2009 experience? In fact he has some good lot history of withdrawing from tournaments. Yet he did a mistake again? Right. Then we are back to the same point: Nadal and his camp are too dumb to even figure out such simple things? Absolutely!! And its a Nadal-fan Amritia who has proven it.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:15 pm

Why didn't he learn from his 2009 experience? In fact he has some good lot history of withdrawing from tournaments. Yet he did a mistake again? Right. Then we are back to the same point: Nadal and his camp are too dumb to even figure out such simple things? Absolutely!! And its a Nadal-fan Amritia who has proven it.

Well they have learnt now for the AO.
Wimby I admit they made a mistake, but they thought it was a risk worth taking. They were proved wrong.
With hindsight we can always criticise.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:21 pm

sphairistike wrote:Some people are that naive!? tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 2786941968

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 83870220

Just in case you guys missed it... tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 2211252749

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:22 pm

sphairistike wrote:
sphairistike wrote:Some people are that naive!? tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 2786941968

Just in case you guys missed it... tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 2211252749

tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 83870220

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:33 pm

[quote="Amritia3eeQuote from Rafa:

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:17 am

Amritia3ee wrote:

I am new here and I have to interject, there is no other possible reason that makes sense in this whole story except for a silent suspension at this point. If his knees are indeed fine and he only has a virus, surely he can still play Doha and perhaps Kooyong if he needs to in order to get enough match practice for the AO, especially since he has stated himself that he does not care about the results in the AO this year and he does not expect to win it.

I have to say that I am not a Nadal hater at all but I have not believed one word of this cockamamy bogus injury story from day one. There are way too many discrepancies.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:25 am

Hello Blue Clay and a warm welcome to OTF tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 650269930

Yes, it's very hard to buy all those excuses and another thread (Has Nadal Retired Unofficially) offers a good illustration/chronology of some of them.
Compare how Nadal has handled his injury with Del Potro or Soderling and you get the idea that something somewhere does not add up.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:32 am

BlueClay wrote:
Amritia3ee wrote:

I am new here and I have to interject, there is no other possible reason that makes sense in this whole story except for a silent suspension at this point. If his knees are indeed fine and he only has a virus, surely he can still play Doha and perhaps Kooyong if he needs to in order to get enough match practice for the AO, especially since he has stated himself that he does not care about the results in the AO this year and he does not expect to win it.

I have to say that I am not a Nadal hater at all but I have not believed one word of this cockamamy bogus injury story from day one. There are way too many discrepancies.

Agree, Nadal is a player who is not able to cope with a defeat and even not with a probable failure. He is simply chickened out from any possible hurdle, that is all his disease.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:40 am

noleisthebest wrote:Hello Blue Clay and a warm welcome to OTF tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 650269930

Yes, it's very hard to buy all those excuses and another thread (Has Nadal Retired Unofficially) offers a good illustration/chronology of some of them.
Compare how Nadal has handled his injury with Del Potro or Soderling and you get the idea that something somewhere does not add up.

Thanks noleisthebest. tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 364988687

I will have to take a good look at the Nadal Retired thread. I have read a few posts on there but I think I will have to try and read the whole thread!

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:47 am

paulczAgree, Nadal is a player who is not able to cope with a defeat and even not with a probable failure. He is simply chickened out from any possible hurdle, that is all his disease

Do you think Nadal can't cope with the thought of defeat or that he simply does not have a choice in this particular matter. In other words if he is still serving some sort of silent suspension perhaps he has no choice. Or maybe the silent suspension is over and he is afraid of being caught again and his doctors have to come up with some new drug potion that won't be detected by the testers.There is also the Operacion Puerto trial that is coming up early this year and maybe that is part of this whole Nadal disappearing act as well? One thing is for sure, you have to be a moron to buy this story as the Nadal camp is selling it.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:11 am

BlueClay wrote:

Do you think Nadal can't cope with the thought of defeat or that he simply does not have a choice in this particular matter. In other words if he is still serving some sort of silent suspension perhaps he has no choice. Or maybe the silent suspension is over and he is afraid of being caught again and his doctors have to come up with some new drug potion that won't be detected by the testers.There is also the Operacion Puerto trial that is coming up early this year and maybe that is part of this whole Nadal disappearing act as well? One thing is for sure, you have to be a moron to buy this story as the Nadal camp is selling it.

Welcome here BlueClay.

I rather think that if Nadal got a silent ban, then his team would come with a better disease and not with such a babbling about a stomach virus. We can speculate about the suspension, because there are many signs and doubts in it. You can find many posts here. All steps from Nadal´s camp show that his team holds him with an "aura of invincibility" and support him by incredible excuses and lies and they are surely able to do everything for their success. His defensive and nearly self-sacrificing game with court antics shows that tennis itself is not substantial for them at all.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:24 pm

paulcz wrote:

I rather think that if Nadal got a silent ban, then his team would come with a better disease and not with such a babbling about a stomach virus.

They have no options left. How can one claim to have a knee injury for more than 7 months while the doctors said in an early stadium that surgery was not necessary? What else could he have said after 7 months? Mono? Nah, too easy. Hips, wrist, back whatever? From what? From having fun on the jet ski?
Problem is: we can talk all day about the deceitful statements of team Nadal but they once again have everything under control. It’s Lance Armstrong all over: no high profile journalist has the guts to ask critical questions (bar David Walsh, but he almost got lynched for his publications about Armstrong). It seems the truth can only come from the inside, like in Armstrongs case.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:36 pm

gallery play wrote:
paulcz wrote:

I rather think that if Nadal got a silent ban, then his team would come with a better disease and not with such a babbling about a stomach virus.

They have no options left. How can one claim to have a knee injury for more than 7 months while the doctors said in an early stadium that surgery was not necessary? What else could he have said after 7 months? Mono? Nah, too easy. Hips, wrist, back whatever? From what? From having fun on the jet ski?
Problem is: we can talk all day about the deceitful statements of team Nadal but they once again have everything under control. It’s Lance Armstrong all over: no high profile journalist has the guts to ask critical questions (bar David Walsh, but he almost got lynched for his publications about Armstrong). It seems the truth can only come from the inside, like in Armstrongs case.

Exactly. When you have a multi million $$ deal on a new racquet a stomach bug won;t prevent you from just showing up an dtry your best if not in Doha, certainly in the AO. Nadal is simply not allowed to play.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:
paulcz wrote:

Exactly. When you have a multi million $$ deal on a new racquet a stomach bug won;t prevent you from just showing up an dtry your best if not in Doha, certainly in the AO. Nadal is simply not allowed to play.

Once I wanted to open a topic about what % you put on Morybundus doping case. I will not beat about the bush, I say 98%. These 2% is a just space for another unexplanable twiddling of unbelievable diseases from Morybundus band. Maybe finally his doctors will discover a new diagnosis and it will be total insanity and give him a life ban tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 123628122

I thought that he had got 6 months and will start to play in Abu Dhabi, now it looks like that a bug got really into his sick head tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 2786941968

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Milos Raonic trying ballet moves as well as discussing his plans for 2013, and the plans sound good for a Wilson boy:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2012/12/29/Brisbane-2013-Raonic-Ballet.aspx#ooid=hrbnJ4NzpRN1Z5tCwQ4IVXgpy9IDG_ZK

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:05 am

Novak Djokovic suffered an injury scare ahead of his Australian Open defence when a railing fell on his leg while signing autographs for supporters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/20874965

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:14 pm

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:07 pm

That would be brilliant!!!!!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:27 pm

Serbian Open not to happen this year!!!!

It all leaked in the press through Strakhovsky's twitter, who must've been looking into taking part only to find out there was not going to be a tournament there this year...

https://twitter.com/Stako_tennis

Apparently official announcement to come out later this week (i.e. tomorrow) tennis - Tennis News - Page 3 2786941968

PS
just had a scroll down his tweets, what a character and a well of information! He even knows that Depardieu got Russian citizenship from Putin ...whatever's next!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:29 pm

And now the official bit:

"BELGRADE, Serbia -- Novak Djokovic's Serbia Open has been dropped from the ATP calendar.
The tournament has failed to attract top players or major sponsors. Last year, even Djokovic and other top Serbian players failed to attend.
Djokovic's Family Sport, the tournament organizer, says it "made the most rational decision considering the circumstances."
The tournament had been scheduled this year for April 29 to May 5. The event was first held in 2009 and has been bought back by the ATP.
The Serbia Open was the only ATP tournament held in Serbia."

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next