Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
draw - Will you start looking for Cilic in the draw? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
draw - Will you start looking for Cilic in the draw? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
draw - Will you start looking for Cilic in the draw? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
draw - Will you start looking for Cilic in the draw? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
draw - Will you start looking for Cilic in the draw? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
draw - Will you start looking for Cilic in the draw? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
draw - Will you start looking for Cilic in the draw? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
draw - Will you start looking for Cilic in the draw? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
draw - Will you start looking for Cilic in the draw? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Will you start looking for Cilic in the draw?

5 posters

Go down

draw - Will you start looking for Cilic in the draw? Empty Will you start looking for Cilic in the draw?

Post by bogbrush Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Fair play to the guy, he was right on the edge of winning that match. He basically threw the first set and was so close early in that 5th set. I believe he’d have beaten Nadal irrespective of injury, he was right on the edge through the third set and coming on strong.

More importantly though, that’s his 2nd Slam final appearance in six months. He seems finally to be getting something like the right mentality to go with his obvious physical attributes.

So in the next Slam, who are you going to look for first and hope is in the opposite half to your favourite? Djokovic, Nadal, Dimitrov, Chung, Shapovalov or Cilic?

Last edited by bogbrush on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

draw - Will you start looking for Cilic in the draw? Empty Re: Will you start looking for Cilic in the draw?

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:47 pm

Cilic is dangerous on grass.
I saw him in Wimbledon in 2015, he was really good.

In his interview today he says he wants to become number one...how he’s improved lots and keeps improving...

To me, he can be better than Raonic.

This match will have given him lots of confidence vs most players.

But really, I don’t think much of his game. It’s a bit rough and boring.

Not many dtl shots, slices, cumbersome mover...all the trappings of a tall player.

For me, Shapo is the guy.

Watch that space!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

draw - Will you start looking for Cilic in the draw? Empty Re: Will you start looking for Cilic in the draw?

Post by legendkillar Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:50 pm

He threw the match with that DF at 40-40 at 1-0 in the fifth. The shift mentally from extreme concentration to mindless thwackery. 

Thing was he was actually finding good length on his strokes, but experienced winners will jump over that weakness of his and expose it.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:02 pm

noleisthebest wrote:To me, he can be better than Raonic.
Certainly. He is far more talented than Raonic. I like Rao. He is a smart guy and squeezed as much out of his game as he could in today's conditions, but he is not very talented or mobile (even taking the size into account).

Cilic's shots are far better, he also moves better for his size. His head is his main problem.

That said, I do not know if he can get to #1. Guys like Kyrgios or Shapovalov, or even Dimi or Zverev, could end up blocking his way. And Fed and Rafa do not seem to be quite done yet either.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:48 pm

Do you guys remember the mistake Cilic makes on set point at 5/4 30/40 fed serving.

Fed made 2 DFs in that game, a easy ball in the middle of the court and Cilic sends it in the middle of the net...not even close to the tape. Sorry but that's not good.

If Fed had not dropped level in that second set, it would have been an easy 3 setter.

Cilic has some good shots we know that....but simply too erratic and more so on important points!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum