Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
murray - LET THE MURRAY-MANIA BEGIN! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
murray - LET THE MURRAY-MANIA BEGIN! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
murray - LET THE MURRAY-MANIA BEGIN! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
murray - LET THE MURRAY-MANIA BEGIN! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
murray - LET THE MURRAY-MANIA BEGIN! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
murray - LET THE MURRAY-MANIA BEGIN! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
murray - LET THE MURRAY-MANIA BEGIN! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
murray - LET THE MURRAY-MANIA BEGIN! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
murray - LET THE MURRAY-MANIA BEGIN! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

LET THE MURRAY-MANIA BEGIN!

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

murray - LET THE MURRAY-MANIA BEGIN! - Page 2 Empty Re: LET THE MURRAY-MANIA BEGIN!

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Veejay wrote:Serena is getting really tight
I noticed that as well, reminds me a lot of Nole in many ways.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

murray - LET THE MURRAY-MANIA BEGIN! - Page 2 Empty Re: LET THE MURRAY-MANIA BEGIN!

Post by Veejay Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Im shocked

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Love u Aggie. Thank you for this now get her, do a service to mankind.:affraid:

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:59 pm

well, at least the match has become interesting.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Nole is much better than Serena, he just not rely on power, his tennis is still aesthetically pleasing.

Serena is like Roddick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:01 pm

noleisthebest wrote:well, at least the match has become interesting.

Aggie needs to make her run and tire her out. There should be only one winner from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:01 pm

Serena's gonna get angry now 8)

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:02 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Serena's gonna get angry now 8)

And start to threaten to kill people.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:02 pm

wow3 wrote:Nole is much better than Serena, he just not rely on power, his tennis is still aesthetically pleasing.

Serena is like Roddick.
She's got heavy now, which is a shame, she would've been much better if she lost some weight. She must be panicking now.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Credit to Radwanska for making it a match,that was quite a brilliant effort for her first grand slam final,especially after losing the 1st set the way she did

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:36 pm

disgusting :evil:

Unbearable, time to turn the telly off.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Time to spice things up a bit Winking

Top 10 Roger Federer Verbal Jabs at Andy Murray

16-time Grand Slam Champion Roger Federer has long been lauded for his good sportsmanship, fellow players voting him the winner of the ATP sportsmanship award seven times, including in 2011.

But for some reason, Federer has never warmed up to Andy Murray, taking any opportunity to launch verbal jabs at the Slamless Brit.

Without further ado, here are Roger Federer’s top 10 verbal jabs at Andy Murray:

10. “I can mix up my game too well for [Andy] to get under my skin,” Federer told the Independent in 2009, talking about Murray’s defensive style. “Everybody has his own game and you can’t change the way you play. It’s just something you’re born with … If you want to be a top player you need to have offensive skills.”

9. Federer was surprised at beating Andy Murray so quickly in straight sets, their 2010 Australian Open final lasting just over two and a half hours.

“Sometimes it’s over before you know it,” Federer said in his post-match press conference.

8. In 2009, a reporter at Wimbledon asked Federer if Murray was his biggest threat. “No,” Federer replied.

7. Federer was unhappy with Murray, who withdrew from Federer’s hometown tournament in Basel with a gluteal injury this year before playing a single match. Murray had requested a last minute wild card from the tournament.

“I never saw [Murray] as a potential opponent anyway because I’m too focused on what I have to do,” Federer said. “I am sure it is somewhat disappointing for the tournament director after going through all the headaches with the wild cards.”

6. Federer, ranked No. 2 at the time, had some chilly comments for Murray when he reached a career-high World No. 3 in 2009.

“It’s nice but is there a big difference between being No. 3 and No. 4 in the world? I don’t think so,” Federer told the BBC. “It’s about being No. 1 or No. 2, being the top seed, being the top dog. That’s what it’s about for Andy. I won the U.S. Open and Rafa won the Australian Open. Murray unfortunately didn’t win [the World Tour Finals] …Djokovic did. He didn’t win the big ones but he was very solid in the Masters series.”

5. Federer had some harsh words for Murray’s recent success in the 2011 Asian swing.

“I’m not taking anything away from what he did but was Asia the strongest this year?” he said. “I’m not sure. Novak wasn’t there, I wasn’t there and Rafa lost early. But it has been a good effort by him after losing to Kevin Anderson in Montreal.”

4. “Good for him,” Federer said sarcastically after being told Murray was the betting favorite for the 2009 Australian Open. “I mean, it doesn’t help him a whole lot. He’s never won a Slam.”

3. Federer had an unflattering assessment of Murray’s efforts at the 2009 US Open.

“Maybe US Open you could think he crumbled there under pressure, being in the finals the year before.”

2. Federer put some effort into psyching Murray out before their 2010 Australian Open final.

“I know he’d like to win the first [Grand Slam title] for British tennis in, what is it, 150,000 years,” Federer joked in a post-match interview. “The poor guy has to go through those moments over and over again.”

Federer went further, toying with Andy. “It’s always very tactical against him. Andy, if you’re listening to me, here’s how it will go. I’ll come in on your backhand and you’ll pass me. I’ll drop-shot you and you’ll lob me. I’ll hit it between the legs. It will be something like that.”

“He’s in his second Grand Slam final now. I think the first one’s always a bit tougher than the second one, but not winning the first one doesn’t help second time around. He’s also playing me, someone who’s won many Grand Slams and been able to win here three times. I know what it takes and how to do it, which is definitely an advantage.”

“I don’t feel like the pressure’s really on me having to do it again, because I’ve done it before. I think he really needs it more than I do. I think the pressure’s big on him. We’ll see how he’s going to handle it. It’s not going to be easy for him, that’s for sure.”

1. Federer pulled no punches after losing to Murray in the first round of Dubai in 2008.

“He’s going to have to grind very hard for the next few years if he keeps playing this way. He tends to wait a lot for the mistake of the opponent,” said Federer. “He stands way far behind on the court and that means you’ve got to do a lot of running. I gave him the mistakes today but I think overall, over a 15-year career, you want to look to win a point more often than for an opponent to miss. That’s what served me well over the years but who knows, he might surprise us all and do it for 20 years.”

“I don’t think he’s changed his game a whole lot since I played him in the Bangkok final. Not that I’m disappointed but I really would have thought he would have changed it in some ways.”

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:36 pm

One thing's sure about Fed, he says it as it is, and you need some stomach to deal with it smiley

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:19 pm

Roger is very Swiss,he's a complete perfectionist so not much impresses him unless its something he cant do better.Swiss people aren't overtly arrogant like the French,but you can sense an aura of superiority cause they come from the most perfect country in the world
Fed is always brutally honest,people ask him for his opinion and he gives it.You cant say he is wrong cause thats his opinion,if you don't like it theres nothing you can do about it

I also think many people don't get Rogers sense of humour,like the comment he made at the '10 AO final.Most people thought he was verbally bullying and intimidating Murray but he was actually taking a shot at the British media for putting so much pressure on Murray,they needed to back off and not constantly remind him that a British player hasnt won a major in over 70 years

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2