Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Is Davydenko Back? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Is Davydenko Back? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Is Davydenko Back? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Is Davydenko Back? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Is Davydenko Back? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Is Davydenko Back? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Is Davydenko Back? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Is Davydenko Back? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Is Davydenko Back? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Is Davydenko Back?

4 posters

Go down

Is Davydenko Back? Empty Is Davydenko Back?

Post by Tenez Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:43 pm

Last time I saw him play was on blue clay v Nadal. he played well the first 2 games and then lost his focus. This week I noticed how he beat Dolgo (probably tired from his last week win) but steamrolled F Mayer in2 straight sets . His game can click in and become a threat to all.

Tomorrow he plays the best HC player (according to some Winking) . Shoudl be interesting.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Is Davydenko Back? Empty Re: Is Davydenko Back?

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:46 pm

I'd like to believe so.I really enjoyed his game at the beginning of this year.
Shame his run will end tomorrow Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:14 am

His mini comeback will stay mini and he will lose easily to Djokovic. I mean how many upsets can an aging player pull in one tournament.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:26 am

I don't think Davydenko has aged. He has just lost his edge. If he finds it again, he could play better than ever.

30 is still the perfect age for tennis. Especially nowadays.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:09 am

Is Davydenko back?
Time to find out!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:58 am

Not if he serves at 37mph. Djokovic d Davydenko 6-0 RET. Pretty sad end to a highly anticipated match.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:24 am

clearly something was wrong with his back or shoulder.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:00 am

I think its about end for Davy. I don't see any encouraging sign that may suggest otherwise. He is in a free fall and falling at a very fast pace. Does he have the motivation like Haas to keep fighting all odds to continue play. Not sure.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:35 pm

I don't think it's the end of Davy at all, I expect him to do well during the autumn indoors season.
I am not convicned anything was wrong with him last night, in fact.
He started well, aced Nole several times (actually they were service winners) by serving into the body, however, could not win anything from the baseline and then started panicking: classic Davy Is Davydenko Back? 2786941968

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Panicking?

Novak Djokovic, who finished runner-up to Murray last year, won the opening set against Nikolay Davydenko 6-0 when the Russian retired from their third-round match after 32 minutes of play. Davydenko, struggling with a shoulder injury, managed to win just 37 per cent of his service points and committed eight doubles faults.

atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/08/33/Cincinnati-Thursday-Chardy-Stuns-Murray.aspx

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:45 pm

LF,
I saw the match.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:14 pm

noleisthebest wrote:LF, I saw the match.

Good. Winking. ESPN had a post-match interview with Chris Fowler/Gilbert/Arias and Djokovic. Did you get a chance to see it?

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:17 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
He started well, aced Nole several times (actually they were service winners) by serving into the body, however, could not win anything from the baseline and then started panicking: classic Davy Is Davydenko Back? 2786941968

Disagree there. He was doing pretty well from the baseline, making Djoko run actually even having BP if I remember in those first games. Then it was obvious he completely lost his serve due to a problem. 3DFs minimum per game on his 3 service games....clearly there was something wrong.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Disagree there. He was doing pretty well from the baseline, making Djoko run actually even having BP if I remember in those first games. Then it was obvious he completely lost his serve due to a problem. 3DFs minimum per game on his 3 service games....clearly there was something wrong.

he had double faults in the first service game, as well And no problem playing his usual baseline game and "making Djoko run".
If you have a shoulder problem, you'd at least wine once when serving. He never did.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Djokovic, in his post-match ESPN interview, ...

He [Davy] is not known to be the hardest/fastest server on tour, but two 90 mph , followed by two 120mph serves, followed by several 90mph serves. I knew there was something physically wrong.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:40 pm

laverfan wrote:Djokovic, in his post-match ESPN interview, ...

He [Davy] is not known to be the hardest/fastest server on tour, but two 90 mph , followed by two 120mph serves, followed by several 90mph serves. I knew there was something physically wrong.

I still believe Davy was fine.
BTW, I've been wanting to ask you this for a while LF, do you play any sport? Or did you use to?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm

During the changeover (when he had the trainer) Davydenko actually never mentioned ANY pain, he himself was not able to describe to the doctor what the problem was.
He never asked for any treatment, either.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:22 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

BTW, I've been wanting to ask you this for a while LF, do you play any sport? Or did you use to?

I played Field Hockey (Left Forward), Badminton (Singles/Doubles at College Level, now recreationally), Tennis (College Level), Table Tennis (College Level and now recreationally), Cricket (now, only if my sons insist, also a Leg Spin bowler, never been able to master a Googly or a Doosara. Played 2nd down or opener), Football (was too hard, due to small frame and discouragement from my father).

Hope that helps. Winking

noleisthebest wrote:During the changeover (when he had the trainer) Davydenko actually never mentioned ANY pain, he himself was not able to describe to the doctor what the problem was. He never asked for any treatment, either.

I am dizzy to the ATP supervisor, Mark Darby in front of the trainer, Novotny(??).

BTW, NITB, I am not attempting to discredit Djokovic's willingness to play to win. :OK:

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:33 pm

laverfan wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

I played Field Hockey (Left Forward), Badminton (Singles/Doubles at College Level, now recreationally), Tennis (College Level), Table Tennis (College Level and now recreationally), Cricket (now, only if my sons insist, also a Leg Spin bowler, never been able to master a Googly or a Doosara. Played 2nd down or opener), Football (was too hard, due to small frame and discouragement from my father).

Hope that helps. Is Davydenko Back? 1071211947

noleisthebest wrote:During the changeover (when he had the trainer) Davydenko actually never mentioned ANY pain, he himself was not able to describe to the doctor what the problem was. He never asked for any treatment, either.

I am dizzy to the ATP supervisor, Mark Darby in front of the trainer, Novotny(??).

BTW, NITB, I am not attempting to discredit Djokovic's willingness to play to win. :OK:

Football? Men's or women's?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:35 pm

laverfan wrote:

[

Yes, that's all I heard, as well, so nothing to do with shoulder.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:35 pm

noleisthebest wrote:During the changeover (when he had the trainer) Davydenko actually never mentioned ANY pain, he himself was not able to describe to the doctor what the problem was.

Maybe he had a bet he'd lose 60 and retire?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:38 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:During the changeover (when he had the trainer) Davydenko actually never mentioned ANY pain, he himself was not able to describe to the doctor what the problem was.

Maybe he had a bet he'd lose 60 and retire?

Thad DID cross my mind Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:59 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
laverfan wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Hope that helps. Is Davydenko Back? 1071211947

Football? Men's or women's?

Women's. Never played in a mixed environment, but did practice with a few. Love Blush

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:02 pm

That's a relief....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:12 pm

noleisthebest wrote:That's a relief....

It was tough to get the 'unfairer' gender to even accept someone from the 'other' side. Angry

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:52 pm

I was accepted once, no probemo smiley

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:14 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I was accepted once, no probemo smiley

I am glad you were. Hug

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down