Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Will Nadal ever win a Tour Finals title?
What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:49 pm by Daniel2

» I Just Can't Help Believing!
What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:18 pm by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is

+6
summerblues
SayonaRa
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Daniel
luvsports!
N2D2L
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is - Page 2 Empty Re: What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Djokovic took an MTO in the US Open final 2011, and went on to play well and win the set, has this damaged him?

The idea Nadal would throw away the match over this is ridiculous.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is - Page 2 Empty Re: What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is

Post by gallery play Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:42 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:Djokovic took an MTO in the US Open final 2011, and went on to play well and win the set, has this damaged him?

True, this is what Nadal will realize too: " why o why overdid i it so badly today?"

On the other hand: Stan was too good for him before that whole scene.

Last edited by gallery play on Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:43 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:Djokovic took an MTO in the US Open final 2011, and went on to play well and win the set, has this damaged him?

But Djoko was ahead to with...secondly he did not play well after that. He was still hampered...problem is that Nadal was cramping badly by that time and that helped Djoko cross the line.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:30 pm

The crowd turned on him heavily during is initial mind games. Stan stood up for himself with the umpire- you can clearly understand how the other players feel about nadals tricks if you listen to Stan. Much of what he said was about the umpire not communicating with him on what nadal was doing- but he mixed in some telling comments: "every time rafa has delay" "you are in charge not rafa" "why, why, he injures always when behind". These type things and Feds "you guys have been letting him get away with this for years". Show you the players are disgusted by nadals antics. Now was rafa really hurt- I think his back did seize up temporarily, but he was being whipped before it did. Shame on his fans for trying to turn the loss into a loss from injury, and shame on nadal for now saying he felt something om warmup. That him now playing up to his fans.

Nadals talent is not there that he can old school shot make his way to victory as fed did when even worse back seisure during wimby 2012. Watch after fed got his treatment how he was able to go to plan b,c,d and win.

And no amri- the crowd did not become massive pro nadal after the initial booing. They were cheering for what all tennis crowds cheer for even in blowouts- more tennis. They cheered rafa winning a set so they could see more and get their money's worth, but I know the difference between cheering because they love what he's doing and how he's doing it vs yay win a set so we can watch another. The last few games as Stan was winning the match and the crowd was all for him tell us that.

And shame to call nadal a hero. He is an athlete who was playing for an extra 2 million dollars with a win over runner up, and history with a minor muscle pull. It's a disservice to real heros to call this guy a hero.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:35 pm

Not in a million years would I ever cheer for Nadal in order to see more tennis.
Those who did were the the same people who think that there is no doping in tennis.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:51 pm

truffin1 wrote:The crowd turned on him heavily during is initial mind games. Stan stood up for himself with the umpire- you can clearly understand how the other players feel about nadals tricks if you listen to Stan. Much of what he said was about the umpire not communicating with him on what nadal was doing- but he mixed in some telling comments:  "every time rafa has delay" "you are in charge not rafa" "why, why, he injures always when behind". These type things  and Feds "you guys have been letting him get away with this for years". Show you the players are disgusted by nadals antics.   Now was rafa really hurt- I think his back did seize up temporarily, but he was being whipped before it did. Shame on his fans for trying to turn the loss into a loss from injury, and shame on nadal for now saying he felt something om warmup. That him now playing up to his fans.

Nadals talent is not there that he can old school shot make his way to victory as fed did when even worse back seisure during wimby 2012. Watch after fed got his treatment how he was able to go to plan b,c,d and win.

And no amri- the crowd did not become massive pro nadal after the initial booing. They were cheering for what all tennis crowds cheer for even in blowouts- more tennis. They cheered rafa winning a set so they could see more and get their money's worth, but I know the difference between cheering because they love what he's doing and how he's doing it vs yay win a set so we can watch another.  The last few games as Stan was winning the match and the crowd was all for him tell us that.

And shame to call nadal a hero. He is an athlete who was playing for an extra 2 million dollars with a win over runner up, and history with a minor muscle pull. It's a disservice to real heros to call this guy a hero.
Good summary, Peter.

Today is only Part I of Nadal's Judgement Day; Part II will follow in RG when he gets buried for good in the gamesmanship grave he dug for himself.
Anyway, his fans like amri still dutifully shower false praises on a fake champ who didn't pass a very big test. (hawkeye: If Nadal was selfish, he would have retired.)  Don’t these idiots realise it’s not in nadal’s professional interest to retire, as a retirement will put a huge black mark on his championship record?

Of course nadal is not a real hero. A real champ tells people how he wins not make up excuses for why he lost.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:54 pm

He's already won 13 slams, even if he doesn't win any more slams, bt shows the same attitude he did today I'd be happy.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:17 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:He's already won 13 slams, even if he doesn't win any more slams, bt shows the same attitude he did today I'd be happy.

Different strokes for different folks. You're a very lucky gal amri. It doesn't take much to impress you and make you happy.  Thumbs Up

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:21 pm

It's over for Nadal.  The day is growing closer and closer.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:37 pm

Nah, not so fast. You didn't think he'd come back so strong last year after his silent ban did you? But I'm glad we can all lean back and relax a little for the time being.  Cheers

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:10 pm

FedererKing wrote:It's over for Nadal.  The day is growing closer and closer.
Correct.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:11 pm

SR wrote:Nah, not so fast. You didn't think he'd come back so strong last year after his silent ban did you? But I'm glad we can all lean back and relax a little for the time being.  Cheers
No, I don't see him reaching 2013 levels after this, as I said he is in permanent decline from now.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:12 pm

The jinxing is back! smiley

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:13 pm

He could only win 1 set against a player he has won all sets against, and according to great tennis analysts Paul and FedererKing he was fully fit all throughout the match- surely you can see how that doesn't bode well?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:30 pm

Jinx jinx jinx smiley

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:36 pm

luvsports! wrote:The jinxing is back! smiley
I do not think Amri will ever again forget to jinx after this one.  Amri, you realize that if Rafa somehow ends up one short of Roger's total, it will have been your fault?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:38 pm

People thinking Nadal could ever get to 16 Grand Slams PMSL Laugh Laugh

He's not getting past 13.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:42 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:He's not getting past 13.
That is more like it Winking

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:48 pm

JS, why is nadal a warrior hero?

Do you know any male player in recent memory who has been injured and retired during the final?
Many people have sustained injuries during matches and I have not seen such a big commotion over their injury as Nadal illustrated today. 

Yes I don't know how serious it was but I really don't like making mountains out of molehills. 
Hero is far too strong a word to describe a mega rich successful tennis player, suffering a niggling injury.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:51 pm

summerblues wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:He's not getting past 13.
That is more like it Winking
Problem with jinxes is that suddenly they start to work anti-clockwise!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:56 pm

I am being slightly OTT LS, but I do love Nadal's attitude out on court.

If I wanted to support someone who always won I'd switch to F1 and watch the Vettel procession.

This is very much part of the experience of being a Nadal fan, the day he looks shattered in a press conference after getting injured; it was his losses to Djokovic in 2011 and 2012 AO that made Nadal's win against Djokovic much sweeter.

Right, I'm feeling sleepy, gdnight.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:05 am

What a hero

Nadal said his uncle does the same sort of thing as "every coach in the world, or at least 90 percent of them," adding that he thinks the rulebook needs updating.
"Explain to me: What kind of rule is this that coaches can't say anything during a match? In what other sport does that happen?" he asked. "I mean, you are paying your coach and taking him to Australia to have him do this during the matches?"
At that, Nadal rose from his chair to stand with arms crossed and lips sealed, turning his head from side to side like a spectator following the path of a ball back-and-forth over the net.
"That can't be," he said. "These are things that need to change."

Yeah, Nadal... you pay for the best coaches and then your opponent who just arrived on tour is at a disadvantage.  Also, it's irritating.  Snooker coaches aren't allowed to do it, and I am guessing a lot of other sports have rules against it when it is a 1 on 1 sport.  Ignoramus.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:26 pm

FedererKing wrote:What a hero

Nadal said his uncle does the same sort of thing as "every coach in the world, or at least 90 percent of them," adding that he thinks the rulebook needs updating.
"Explain to me: What kind of rule is this that coaches can't say anything during a match? In what other sport does that happen?" he asked. "I mean, you are paying your coach and taking him to Australia to have him do this during the matches?"
At that, Nadal rose from his chair to stand with arms crossed and lips sealed, turning his head from side to side like a spectator following the path of a ball back-and-forth over the net.
"That can't be," he said. "These are things that need to change."

Yeah, Nadal... you pay for the best coaches and then your opponent who just arrived on tour is at a disadvantage.  Also, it's irritating.  Snooker coaches aren't allowed to do it, and I am guessing a lot of other sports have rules against it when it is a 1 on 1 sport.  Ignoramus.

Exactly--   If you disagree with a rule- you work behind the scenes or in public to see if there is support for a rule change-  you just don't ignore and break the rule. It's disgusting behavior, and typical of the Spanish ruling class mentality that many have told me about.

Amri calling Nadal a hero for yesterdays performance is still aggravating the heck out of me. How could anyone consider an athlete playing with a minor pulled muscle a hero for doing so?  What did he do that was heroic? Serve at 3/4 speed and slap some balls around for 2 1/2 sets while earning a couple of million dollars for his trouble?   The injury was so minor, Nadal was able to pose for pictures, chat with officials, walk around smiling after the match.. there was nothing heroic about it..     Federer played through misery last year at IW against Stan, beat him, then showed up to play Nadal knowing he was going to get creamed and played anyway "for the fans".......   and I don't even consider that heroic..      I was 3 rows back at Ali/Norton 1 when Norton shattered Ali's jaw.. Ali fought for 13 more rounds getting punched in the face and that wasn't heroic to me.. Can you imagine a monster puncher like Norton repeatedly hitting you in your broken jaw!?  Ali fought on the same reason Nadal played on-- there was still a chance the opponenet would screw up.

IT's just a horrible use of the word.. hero--  give that to a soldier, someone of charity.. not an athlete doing nothing special or unusual at all....     Such fanaticism..

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:36 pm

Applause

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:37 pm

The ATP site is not much better: Nadal : "heart of a champion"..just because he crossed the line!  erm 

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:05 pm

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
truffin1 wrote:someone of charity..
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2011/Charity/Rafa-Nadal-Foundation.aspx

You weren't speaking of his charity work when you called him a hero in this thread were you?   You were describing his performance yesterday as being heroic... so don't try and treat us like we are idiots..

What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is
What a warrior hero this Rafito Nadal is - Page 2 Empty by Julia Santamaria Yesterday at 4:38 am

It's matches like these which underline why I support Nadal, more-so than his final against Djokovic USO.

Matches like these- what a warrior hero........  it didn't have a thing to do with his charity work...      Just admit you used the term improperly and exaggerated what Nadal did yesterday. You're not the 1st fanatic to be prone to overstatement.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:58 pm

Read my post at 11:56 yesterday Truffin, as I said it was clearly OTT Winking

And by the way, you're one of this biggest fanatics I have ever seen... a Federer fan Nadal hating fanatic.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:00 pm

He is someone of charity though, I stand by that absolutely- he has done quite a lot with his foundation.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:04 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:Read my post at 11:56 yesterday Truffin, as I said it was clearly OTT Winking

And by the way, you're one of this biggest fanatics I have ever seen... a Federer fan Nadal hating fanatic.

I've never called Federer a hero :-)  He's a well payed man doing a job very very well, and I enjoy watching him play. He's a very nice guy who is a credit to his sport and I appreciate that, but I don't give him superhuman attributes and accolades like a fanatic.
I deal in facts which is the opposite of a fanatic. I only dislike what I factually know Nadal does that is wrong... when/if he does things right- I have no problem with the guy.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:07 pm

You make up nonsense life stories just to further your idea of Fed being a demi-God.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:30 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:You make up nonsense life stories just to further your idea of Fed being a demi-God.
nonsense life stories?  that's pretty insulting and a false accusation.

Federer a demi God?-  outrageous you even accuse me of that. your the one starting threads calling a player with a strained muscle a hero and your accusing me of overstating? lol...  In no way do I think Federer is anything but a once in a lifetime talent and all around good guy..    You really are delusional or maybe insane... 

I believe you and I guess I was asked last week not to pollute tennis threads with this type of crap you spew out.... so take that stuff to the proper place and we can fight it out or keep your mouth shut.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:44 pm

The only bigger Fed fanatic I have than you is Spaghetti Hans on the old 606.
You however keep it subtle, you would never say he is a demi-God directly for example.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:10 pm

Actually Truffin, my bad I take that back.

The 2nd biggest Fed fanatic is probably Rafito Nadal.
He is always rambling on about Federer, 'Roger this, Roger that'.

If not anything Nadal should be given a lot of credit for not crying after the AO 2009 final- he had just seen his hero and idol lose and in tears... and yet he managed to keep his clam and composure.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:53 pm

truffin1 wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:You make up nonsense life stories just to further your idea of Fed being a demi-God.

Federer a demi God?-  outrageous you even accuse me of that. your the one starting threads calling a player with a strained muscle a hero and your accusing me of overstating? lol...  In no way do I think Federer is anything but a once in a lifetime talent and all around good guy..    You really are delusional or maybe insane... 

I believe you and I guess I was asked last week not to pollute tennis threads with this type of crap you spew out.... so take that stuff to the proper place and we can fight it out or keep your mouth shut.

I am done "debating" with someone who is clearly either trolling or just not ever gonna listen.  I'll talk to Amri about ordinary topics, but not Nadal or Federer.  Not wasting my time.  I went through all this before with someone else.  Bottom line, Amri sees nothing wrong with his behaviour, even though there is plenty of evidence to suggest some of it is cheating.  Amri will never ever see anything wrong with Nadal. Ever.  Everything he does is gold, and despite the fact he is clearly a very limited player, Amri will always think he is the greatest.

Amri, things will not be good for you in the future when his decline sets in. That's when all the chickens come home to roost.

I'm done with this nonsense.  Winking

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:28 am

When when decline sets in?

Ludicrous statement, the guy is already impermanent decline.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:15 am

FedererKing wrote:
truffin1 wrote:

I am done "debating" with someone who is clearly either trolling or just not ever gonna listen.  I'll talk to Amri about ordinary topics, but not Nadal or Federer.  Not wasting my time.  I went through all this before with someone else.  Bottom line, Amri sees nothing wrong with his behaviour, even though there is plenty of evidence to suggest some of it is cheating.  Amri will never ever see anything wrong with Nadal. Ever.  Everything he does is gold, and despite the fact he is clearly a very limited player, Amri will always think he is the greatest.

Amri, things will not be good for you in the future when his decline sets in. That's when all the chickens come home to roost.

I'm done with this nonsense.  Winking

FK & Truf, don't be upset.

You can bring the horse to the pond but you can’t make it drink and taste the water. Amri is too stunned and disoriented right now and suffering a severe case of “learning disability”. Yep, you can’t reason with someone who’s willfully chosen to close her mind like this just to protect a loved one. Angry   But that’s not your loss, it’s the loss of the blind and blinded one inflicted with the learning disability.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:56 am

Yes, being a Nadal fan is a severe case of learning disability, good shout.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:26 am

Some, including children, are dying every day due to wars all over the world, people with families are being made redundant every day, others learn they have a life threatening sickness...etc..etc...

No point being angry and upset discussing tennis matters with fans! Take a step back and enjoy the fact your main worry seems to be the success, or lack of, of your favourite tennis player!

I disagree with almost everything Amri says but I am not bothered. On the contrary he helps me articulate why I like such player and not so others.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:17 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:good shout.
Look who's the one shouting. I don't need to shout. Your idol did us a favour exposing his own weaknesses. He made an ass of himself for all to see last Sunday. Only his fans are not embarrassed by his disgusting blunders and call him a hero That's like Armstrong fans still trying to defend the indefensible. What for? 

A true champ doesn't need defending. His actions and records speak for him. Nadal will never get there, because cheating doesn't count.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:32 pm

It's an idiom, I'm not actually accusing you of shouting.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:09 pm

Nadal says he still plans to play ALL his next tournaments in Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Indian Wells and Miami.
Nothing can stop this hero warrior.... Winking

http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/278167.html

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:46 pm

Nadal will not skip tournaments following back injury

Hmm, perhaps because there wasn't one. Or if there was, it was a minor issue that all tennis players get. How stupid are these people?

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:13 am

Even if it was a minor issue all tennis players get, it can still affect them for that day itself, no?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:31 am

Julia Santamaria wrote:Even if it was a minor issue all tennis players get, it can still affect them for that day itself, no?

Sure can, but that's part of tennis. Nadal is extremely weak, because he makes a big deal about it and also uses it for tactical time outs. There shouldn't be any. If you are too unfit to play on, tough cookies.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2