Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Religion, Philosphy and other life related thoughts! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Religion, Philosphy and other life related thoughts! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Religion, Philosphy and other life related thoughts! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Religion, Philosphy and other life related thoughts! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Religion, Philosphy and other life related thoughts! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Religion, Philosphy and other life related thoughts! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Religion, Philosphy and other life related thoughts! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Religion, Philosphy and other life related thoughts! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Religion, Philosphy and other life related thoughts! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Religion, Philosphy and other life related thoughts!

+5
Polly 81
wilson_nxt
Daniel
noleisthebest
Tenez
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Religion, Philosphy and other life related thoughts! - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion, Philosphy and other life related thoughts!

Post by noleisthebest Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:42 pm

I'll add just this:

Psalm 14:1
The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.”

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Religion, Philosphy and other life related thoughts! - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion, Philosphy and other life related thoughts!

Post by wilson_nxt Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:44 pm

Religion may become extinct in nine nations, study says
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12811197

THE STATE OF RELIGION: DECLINING BELIEF IN GOD WORLDWIDE
http://americanhumanist.org/HNN/details/2012-04-the-state-of-religion-declining-belief-in-god-worldw

Christianity declining 50pc faster than thought – as one in 10 under-25s is a Muslim
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10062745/Christianity-declining-50pc-faster-than-thought-as-one-in-10-under-25s-is-a-Muslim.html

Now fewer than six in 10 say they are Christians as religion goes into decline
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2246436/Census-2011-religion-data-reveal-4m-fewer-Christians-1-4-atheist.html

...so you think the belief of Christ will be prevalent in another 2000 years? I for one don't.

wilson_nxt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Let me have a go:

-How was there Earth before Light?
Light could be consciousness, awareness. It came with men who were the first able to put light into this world and understand how it worked (even if it worked before his arrival).

-Is it not a ridiculous coincidence that the Holy Book only includes names of animals that humans knew about at the time? No mentions of bacteria, dinosaurs, microbes etc. ???
Why bother about those? Religion worried about the hygienic side of life. By asking its followers to be clean and choose what to eat it dealt with the macroscopic side of life.

-If evolution is not true, then why are the bacteria evolving to be resistant towards antibiotics (I must say, most religious people admit that evolution is a fact... you're in a minority)
Evolution is a fact. That's something we cannot deny. Now was evolution guided or not?
I find the fact Dinausors walked the earth but were wiped out even more a sign of God than anything. The fact we rule it is also quite eerie when you think about it.

-The idea God actually looks like a human is ridiculous
why? It's actually makes perfect sense to me. If you believe in evolution then it makes perfect sense to think that God wanted to incarnate itself into mankind....more than dinausors for instance.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:45 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I'll add just this:

Psalm 14:1
The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.”
Oh dear... you're doing it again.

Quoting from the Bible is not evidence for the Bible being true, in any way.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by wilson_nxt Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:52 pm

Tenez wrote:
-Is it not a ridiculous coincidence that the Holy Book only includes names of animals that humans knew about at the time? No mentions of bacteria, dinosaurs, microbes etc. ???
Why bother about those? Religion worried about the hygienic side of life. By asking its followers to be clean and choose what to eat it dealt with the macroscopic side of life
No. It only mentions animals known about due to a lack of education and scientific method. Again, religion prospered in the absence of technological education. Now we live in an increasingly educated world religion is on the wane, and will continue to do so through extrapolation until believing in a god becomes tales of old folklore, the thing that people did when the world was much less developed.

wilson_nxt

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:53 pm

Tenez wrote:Let me have a go:
Thumbs Up 

-How was there Earth before Light?
Light could be consciousness, awareness. It came with men who were the first able to put light into this world and understand how it worked (even if it worked before his arrival).
But apparently, according to the Genesis, Light came before men? So that theory doesn't work either.
Don't you think it's more likely people 2000 years ago genuinely didn't realise physics?

Why bother about those?

There's perfectly good reason to believe those.
In Genesis, all the animals mentioned were aware to humans at the time- while bacteria, viruses, dinosaurs etc. weren't mentioned.
Now this could mean two things:
a) It's a huge huge coincidence, and the Bible just happened by chance to only contain the animals men knew about at the time.
b) The Bible was entirely man made, hence these animals weren't mentioned.
It doesn't take much intelligence to realise the second option is far more likely.

-If evolution is not true, then why are the bacteria evolving to be resistant towards antibiotics (I must say, most religious people admit that evolution is a fact... you're in a minority)
Evolution is a fact. That's something we cannot deny. Now was evolution guided or not?

Fair question. As I said, most religious people even believe in evolution; only a few like NITB take the Bible literally and don't believe in evolution.

-The idea God actually looks like a human is ridiculous
why? It's actually makes perfect sense to me. If you believe in evolution then it makes perfect sense to think that God wanted to incarnate itself into mankind....more than dinausors for instance.
Oh... come on Tenez.
Do you really, really think that the divine creator of this universe looks like a human being. I mean humans have evolved since the Bible was written anyway.
Isn't it a coincidence that men writing a book about God, concluded that God looked like a man?

The only evidence we have from the Bible is NITB constantly quoting from the Bible, which is not evidence for the Bible.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:53 pm

wilson_nxt wrote:But that's the point. In the modern world religion is dying not growing due to better widespread education.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10458380/Christianity-at-risk-of-dying-out-in-a-generation-warns-Lord-Carey.html

Religion only prospers where education as a whole struggles.
Well that does not apply to Islam which expands very fast then.

Secondly, what you call "education" is a joke. Education led Mankind (certainly in the west) to live more like farm animals than ever and that is why I think spirituality could come back with a vengeance.

"Education" has destroyed the world and civilisation in less than 100 years...with wars getting bigger more ugier by the decade to the point where we can now wipe out 4 billion years of evolution. Why cause we have increased our knowledge horizontally instead of vertically (spiritually)!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:57 pm

JS (and others),

I have no agenda here. I don't get any bonus points with God whether I type here or not. I am saved and not afraid of dying.
I am doing it out of love.
I know the Truth just like we know tennis is played with a racquet and not a hairbrush.

This may be the only time in your entire life you will hear the Truth and how to get saved.
You don't know whether you'll have or get another one, just like there is no guarantee for tomorrow.

I'll give you a personal illustration:

13 years ago, I was in Belgrade, visiting my parents. My brother had become a heroin addict but he was denying it to us.
I tried to tell him how to save his soul. He was listening eagerly. He told me he did not deny there was "a" god and that he probably began with a big bang.
I tried to arrest his attention and sense of urgency by telling him (and that was the first time I ever said that) that God is just and gives everyone a chance to get saved at least once.
Up to that point, we had been talking for about half an hour and I had told him all he needed to know.
Do you know what he said?
"well, how come He didn't give me a chance to hear about Him?"

He died 6 months later, my dad found him in his office, with his hands under his head, mouth wide open as in a scream, blood dried on his forearm. Heroin overdose.

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:59 pm

wilson_nxt wrote:
Tenez wrote:
Why bother about those? Religion worried about the hygienic side of life. By asking its followers to be clean and choose what to eat it dealt with the macroscopic side of life
No. It only mentions animals known about due to a lack of education and scientific method. Again, religion prospered in the absence of technological education. Now we live in an increasingly educated world religion is on the wane, and will continue to do so through extrapolation until believing in a god becomes tales of old folklore, the thing that people did when the world was much less developed.
Well as said, religions have existed since the beginning of mankind and though they were not perfect they gave people a sense for life.

Now with education and no religion the world is in agony and the financial powers rule it and have enslaved us with debts for century to come.

Religion knew that a lot of things we have ignored (interest was a bad thing for instance) and this is why we are in a mess and probably why only another war (or a prophet) can save us.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenose Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:59 pm

I would really appreciate it if someone else would weigh in with  the "philosophy and other life related thoughts" part because the fundamentalist yammering is getting alarming.  Can we dial this back?

bluenose

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:00 pm

noleisthebest wrote:JS (and others),

I have no agenda here. I don't get any bonus points with God whether I type here or not.
I am doing it out of love.
I know the Truth just like we know tennis is played with a racquet and not a hairbrush.

This may be the only time in your entire life you will hear the Truth and how to get saved.
You don't know whether you'll have or get another one, just like there is no guarantee for tomorrow.

I'll give you a personal illustration:

13 years ago, I was in Belgrade, visiting my parents. My brother had become a heroin addict but he was denying it to us.
I tried to tell him how to save his soul. He was listening eagerly. He told me he did not deny there was "a" god and that he probably began with a big bang.
I tried to arrest his attention and sense of urgency by telling him (and that was the first time I ever said that) that God is just and gives everyone a chance to get saved at least once.
Up to that point, we have been talking for about half an hour and I had told him all he needed to know.
Do you know what he said?
"well, how come He didn't give me a chance to hear about him?"

He died 6 months later, my dad found him in his office, with his hands under his head, mouth wide open as in a scream, blood dried on his forearm. Heroin overdose.
I'm sorry for your loss.
I know drugs are dangerous, and personally I don't experiment with them.

Was this meant to be some sort of warning that people who don't believe something with no evidence behind it will die of drug overdose?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:08 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
Polly 81 wrote:As Tenez pointed out, they were ready to die because they knew that was the truth. Why would they be willing to do that if they knew it was a lie?
It is possible they believed it was true, but were actually conned/ hallucinating.
Hallucinations occur to an individual only, you cannot conjure up the same hallucinations for a large number of people.
Also, the Bible says (can't remember which book in the Bible, but it was written by Paul) wrote a few years after Jesus' death that Jesus appeared to over 500 people adding - "most of them are alive today" - basically, there were lots of eye witness accounts.

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by wilson_nxt Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:09 pm

However you want to question what education is, or benefits, religion is declining. All mass religions.

Islam too is declining. Muslim population birth and fertility rates are also declining rapidly as a whole. As the Middle East gets more educated, and it is, over time things will slowly change as populations want tk be released from mass state/theological control. Trust me, all mass god-believing religion will have died out in another 1000 years.

wilson_nxt

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:09 pm

Polly 81 wrote:
Also, the Bible says (can't remember which book in the Bible, but it was written by Paul) wrote a few years after Jesus' death that Jesus appeared to over 500 people adding - "most of them are alive today" - basically, there were lots of eye witness accounts.
How do we know that the guy who was writing the Bible, Paul, was telling the truth.
Of course if we believe the Bible as evidence for the Bible, as you and NITB seem to do, we will come the conclusion it is true.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:10 pm

bluenose wrote:I would really appreciate it if someone else would weigh in with  the "philosophy and other life related thoughts" part because the fundamentalist yammering is getting alarming.  Can we dial this back?
I see your point. Can we try to talk only about what we can ALL experiment then? It's clear this thread's purpose is not to try convince anyone of becoming religious . ...But likewise I cannot accept that "education" is the panacea!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by wilson_nxt Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:11 pm

Agree bluenose, if religion is so right why do its most ardent followers come across as so wrong?

wilson_nxt

Back to top Go down

Post by wilson_nxt Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:15 pm

No-one says education is the panacea but you're dunking your head in those intelligent sand grains Tenez. Whichever way you want to cut it global religion is dying and will continue to do so until its myth and folklore. It may take 100, 200, 500 or 1000 years but it will disappear just like the Egyptians civilisations did that believed for 1000s of years that their kings would ascend into the sky through pyramids when dead. The demographic shift of humankind as a whole tells us all we need to know about the "truth" of religion.

wilson_nxt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:15 pm

wilson_nxt wrote:However you want to question what education is, or benefits, religion is declining. All mass religions.

Islam too is declining. Muslim population birth and fertility rates are also declining rapidly as a whole. As the Middle East gets more educated, and it is, over time things will slowly change as populations want tk be released from mass state/theological control. Trust me, all mass god-believing religion will have died out in another 1000 years.
Not sure if you heard about Rabelais, a French monk in the middle age. He wrote already then: "Science sans conscience n'est que ruine de l'ame"

Which can be translated as Science without consciousness (awareness) destroys our souls. Which is very much what we are seeing today. Education is as spiritual as scientific for me. I could survive with the spiritual one but I could not with the scientific one alone.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by wilson_nxt Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:17 pm

All well and good but religion is still dying.

wilson_nxt

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:18 pm

wilson_nxt wrote:However you want to question what education is, or benefits, religion is declining. All mass religions.

You are very right, but that is to be expected as it fulfils what the Bible says about the end times:

Luke 8:18
"..when the Son of Man (*Christ) comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:21 pm

wilson_nxt wrote:All well and good but religion is still dying.
Even if it was dead, you'll still have to meet your Maker when you die.
Some of the finest Christians used to be the staunchest atheists Winking
C.S Lewis, for example.

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by wilson_nxt Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:22 pm

Spirituality will continue to increase but spirituality does not have to equal religious following of a god. Doesnt mean we are losing our ability to believe, but what we believe in is slowly shifting. People don't want to be led by mass organised thought control any more.

wilson_nxt

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:23 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

You are very right, but that is to be expected as it fulfils what the Bible says about the end times:

Luke 8:18
"..when the Son of Man (*Christ) comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”
And again...

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:23 pm

wilson_nxt wrote:No-one says education is the panacea but you're dunking your head in those intelligent sand grains Tenez. Whichever way you want to cut it global religion is dying and will continue to do so until its myth and folklore.
Is that an educated guess, a star reading prophecy or can you read in chicken's internal organs like the Romans?  

It may take 100, 200, 500 or 1000 years but it will disappear just like the Egyptians civilisations did that believed for 1000s of years that their kings would ascend into the sky through pyramids when dead. The demographic shift of humankind as a whole tells us all we need to know about the "truth" of religion.
I think you are wrong cause since the beginning of mankind forms or divine and sacred have been expressed (you did not understand my first points about the fact religions has been around for 1000s of years and it is not education that has lessen its powers: its materialism. Very different).

If you look at prehistorical men they also had their gods, snakes and dragons. My main point is that whether invented or in them...there is no difference...its there.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:24 pm

wilson_nxt wrote:Spirituality will continue to increase but spirituality does not have to equal religious following of a god. Doesnt mean we are losing our ability to believe, but what we believe in is slowly shifting. People don't want to be led by mass organised thought control any more.
Proverbs 14:12

"There is a way that seems right unto a man, but the end thereof is death."

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
Polly 81 wrote:
How do we know that the guy who was writing the Bible, Paul, was telling the truth.
Of course if we believe the Bible as evidence for the Bible, as you and NITB seem to do, we will come the conclusion it is true.
Good question, we don't. I'll tell you a bit about Paul though, he was a Jew at first, and he persecuted Christians. He became a Christian himself later on, and started to tell others about this good news. He was killed for his faith like the numerous other disciples I mentioned earlier.

You have to remember that the documents that were written (basically what we call the New Testament now) were spread openly and so any wrong information would have been picked up on, and there would have been some trouble about that.

(Btw, Paul didn't write the whole Bible, but he wrote around 10 letters that appear in the New Testament)

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Polly 81 wrote:]Good question, we don't.
Indeed

I'll tell you a bit about Paul though, he was a Jew at first, and he persecuted Christians. He became a Christian himself later on, and started to tell others about this good news. He was killed for his faith like the numerous other disciples I mentioned earlier.
Interesting, but doesn't mean the Bible is true at all, in any way.

You have to remember that the documents that were written (basically what we call the New Testament now) were spread openly and so any wrong information would have been picked up on, and there would have been some trouble about that.
Oh really?
Well the sun was made before the Earth, which has been scientifically proven. The Bible says the opposite.
Why wasn't there any trouble about that??

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Is that discussion going to lead us all the way to Christmas (if you are religious) or to the Autralian Open (if you are not)?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by wilson_nxt Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:28 pm

NITB, all those quotes mean nothing to me. Impressive memorising of a books contents though. We are to believe that son of god comes to visit us whenever religion is on the wane. How convenient. There'll be no 2nd coming because there was no 1st coming. Eventually mankind will look on the 3000 years since AD as the dark ages, when we followed mass scale myths, plundered and burnt the earths resources and chased material gain.

wilson_nxt

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Wilson, as long as people can get brainwashed into believing things against the weight of common sense (I mean God looking like a man... really), and scientific evidence (evolution), religions will be very very strong.

I must note though, most religious people aren't like NITB here, they realise that Holy Books can me used as a moral guide, but it's ridiculous to use it literally.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:31 pm

wilson_nxt wrote:NITB, all those quotes mean nothing to me. Impressive memorising of a books contents though.
Remember Wilson, if God catches you working on Sundays he will punish you.
It's not as if the days of the week and week length was totally man made or anything...

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:32 pm

Tenez wrote:We all have opinions about those questions and suspect even strong opinions, funnily, without having much proof for those but we certainly think we know better.
Remember that? That was in my OP! I know you all! Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:32 pm

wilson_nxt wrote:NITB, all those quotes mean nothing to me. Impressive memorising of a books contents though. We are to believe that son of god comes to visit us whenever religion is on the wane. How convenient. There'll be no 2nd coming because there was no 1st coming. Eventually mankind will look on the 3000 years since AD as the dark ages, when we followed mass scale myths, plundered and burnt the earths resources and chased material gain.
Fine. You've made your choice.
I've made mine.

The only problem is that this one will affect us for eternity and there will be nothing you can do about it once you die. Think about it when you open your Christmas present in a few weeks.
Think about all the Christmas presents you  have received in your life. Where are they now?
And then think about the best Christmas present you don't even want to receive.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:37 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
Polly 81 wrote:]Good question, we don't.
Indeed
I mean that in the sense that you could question everything written in the past, about anything. But the circumstantial evidence weighs it heavily towards it being the truth. Other more 'significant facts' about history have been made on less evidence than a lot of things in the Bible.

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:39 pm

Tenez wrote:
Tenez wrote:We all have opinions about those questions and suspect even strong opinions, funnily, without having much proof for those but we certainly think we know better.
Remember that? That was in my OP! I know you all! Winking
No, no, no.

I am saying we should believe things if the evidence clearly shows it.
The evidence shows evolution is real, and we prove that. Scientific fact is that there is no way that the Earth existed before the sun, so we know the Genesis and the Bible cannot literally to be taken as true.

As I said, many religious people do believe in evolution etc. it's only a few who have been totally brainwashed who don't.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:40 pm

Polly 81 wrote:But the circumstantial evidence weighs it heavily towards it being the truth.
Like what evidence?
And let me guess, you will quote from the Bible as evidence?

This is pure comedy, I could quote from Mr.Men books to shows evidence that Mr.Men stories are real; it doesn't mean they are real.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:46 pm

noleisthebest, do you believe that homosexuality is a sin punishable by death as written in the Bible?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:50 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:noleisthebest, do you believe that homosexuality is a sin punishable by death as written in the Bible?
let's not go there!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:noleisthebest, do you believe that homosexuality is a sin punishable by death as written in the Bible?
I have already answered that question.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:53 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Where?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:54 pm

It's a yes or no question; I don't like it when people do that and don't simply answer and send me looking through 86 posts just to find one where you may have hinted at an answer.
Yes, or no?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:54 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Where?
read through all my posts on this thread if you really want to know, I'm certainly not going to waste time typing the same thing twice. I'm saved, you're not, get your skates on Amri!

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:55 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:No, no, no.

The evidence shows evolution is real, and we prove that. Scientific fact is that there is no way that the Earth existed before the sun, so we know the Genesis and the Bible cannot literally to be taken as true.

As I said, many religious people do believe in evolution etc. it's only a few who have been totally brainwashed who don't.
But you will never be able to prove or even explain the thought/thinking process....yet we think! So you don't how you were given the gift to think yet with it you want to explain everything. Is that logical?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:57 pm

Tenez wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:No, no, no.

But you will never be able to prove or even explain the thought/thinking process....yet we think! So you don't how you were given the gift to think yet with it you want to explain everything. Is that logical?
Where did I want to say I explain everything?
Science and evidence is working on it, and hopefully we will find out more.

As I said, MOST religious people themselves don't believe like NITB does that the Bible is literally true, or that the Earth is 10,000 years old, or that working on Sundays is a sin, or that evolution isn't real... blah blah blah dear me I feel like I'm repeating myself here.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by wilson_nxt Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:59 pm

The bible is full of contradictions...e.g.:

Ephesians 2:8-9  For by grace are ye saved through faith . . . not of works.
THEN
James 2:24  Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Exodus 20:5  For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.
THEN
Ezekiel 18:20  The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father...

James 1:13  Let no man say . . . I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.
THEN
Genesis 22:1  And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham.

Romans 15:33  Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.
THEN
Exodus 15:3  The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you.
THEN
Matthew 10:34  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Matthew 5:22  Whosoever shall say Thou fool, shall be in danger of hellfire. (Words of Jesus.)
THEN
Matthew 23:17  Ye fools and blind. (Words of Jesus.)

John 1:18  No man hath seen God at any time.
Exodus 33:20  Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live
John 6:46  Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God [Jesus], he hath seen the Father.
1 John 4:12  No man hath seen God at any time.
THEN
Genesis 32:30  For I have seen God face to face.
Exodus 33:11  And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.
Isaiah 6:1  In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
Job 42:5  I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

1 Kings 4:26  And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.
THEN
2 Chronicles 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

2 Kings 8:26  Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign.
THEN
2 Chronicles 22:2  Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign.

etc...etc...etc...lets not even get into the passages about incest, rape, etc. For example, what does this bit mean?
Numbers 31:17-18 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

You have people quoting passages in the book in abundance as though every word uttered is wholesome and The Truth.

wilson_nxt

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:01 am

wilson_nxt wrote:The bible is full of contradictions...e.g.:

Ephesians 2:8-9  For by grace are ye saved through faith . . . not of works.
THEN
James 2:24  Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Exodus 20:5  For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.
THEN
Ezekiel 18:20  The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father...

James 1:13  Let no man say . . . I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.
THEN
Genesis 22:1  And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham.

Romans 15:33  Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.
THEN
Exodus 15:3  The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you.
THEN
Matthew 10:34  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Matthew 5:22  Whosoever shall say Thou fool, shall be in danger of hellfire. (Words of Jesus.)
THEN
Matthew 23:17  Ye fools and blind. (Words of Jesus.)

John 1:18  No man hath seen God at any time.
Exodus 33:20  Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live
John 6:46  Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God [Jesus], he hath seen the Father.
1 John 4:12  No man hath seen God at any time.
THEN
Genesis 32:30  For I have seen God face to face.
Exodus 33:11  And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.
Isaiah 6:1  In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
Job 42:5  I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

1 Kings 4:26  And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.
THEN
2 Chronicles 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

2 Kings 8:26  Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign.
THEN
2 Chronicles 22:2  Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign.

etc...etc...etc...lets not even get into the passages about incest, rape, etc. For example, what does this bit mean?
Numbers 31:17-18  Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

You have people quoting passages in the book in abundance as though every word uttered is wholesome and The Truth.
The Bible is still all true though, irrelevant of whether it contradicts itself.
Evidence of this can be found in the Bible itself.
What do you mean that's not evidence? The Bible is all true and the word of God.
You want me to prove it? Oh ok, have you tried looking in the bible? It's the word of God and the truth, all evidence there must be true. Somersault 

The world was made 10,000 years ago, the world was made in 7 days, evolution isn't real, the sun was made after the earth... and most importantly of all: don't go out working on Sundays. That's a terrible sin.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by wilson_nxt Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:03 am

Yes but the all omnipotent and powerful God needed a rest on the 7th day as he got tired after building the earth during the first 6 days. Why would he even need a rest of he's capable of creating entire planets and life?

wilson_nxt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:03 am

In reply to JS:

But science explains things that already exist and work.

How do you explain your feet are doing an amazing job to keep you moving and living yet you don't know how your feet are really made. Are you feet smarter than than you?

Last edited by Tenez on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:04 am

Tenez wrote:But science explains things that already exist and work.

How do you explain your feet are doing an amazing job to keep you moving and living yet you don't know how your feet are really made. Are you feet smarter than than you?

Evolutionary biologists have worked out how feet were evolved.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:11 am

Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:But science explains things that already exist and work.

Evolutionary biologists have worked out how feet were evolved.
But again feet were there before evolutionary biologists. Aren't feet smart?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next