Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals)

+2
luvsports!
noleisthebest
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 Empty Re: DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals)

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:45 am

Nole: one and only!!!! Cool Did you see how he was cheering his team diva ?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 Empty Re: DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals)

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:48 am

Nitb, if Brians did a rebreak I would stop watching. To be honest I did not believe after the last ball. The previous matchpoint which was Brians lobbed on the baseline. I stared at it like frozen, Bozo already celebrated. That was a real tennis drama with the best score DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 83870220

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:49 am

noleisthebest wrote:Nole: one and only!!!! DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 4006036031 Did you see how he was cheering his team DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 3559488474 ?
We know Nole was born with a magicDAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 2474380249

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:52 am

paulcz wrote:Nitb, if Brians did a rebreak I would stop watching. To be honest I did not believe after the last ball. The previous matchpoint which was Brians lobbed on the baseline. I stared at it like frozen, Bozo already celebrated. That was a real tennis drama with the best score DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 83870220

Me, too Blush
That's the beauty of Davis Cup matches, you never get this kind of drama in any other tournament.
Doubles matches especially have crazy tension: Swiss losing in the first round in 5 sets (Stan the tragic) then the Czechs won their 5 setter in the first round also in 5 sets!
The best bit was the Yanks were so arrogant before the match Cool

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:53 am

What do you think about tomorrow's singles?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:54 am

I remember Bozo in Prague, even then he played well, but what a game he showed today that is amazing. Both of them showed titanium nerves DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 4052418255

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:59 am

paulcz wrote:I remember Bozo in Prague, even then he played well, but what a game he showed today that is amazing. Both of them showed titanium nerves DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 4052418255

Bozo is a bit of a head-case. His career high was taking one or two sets off Roger in Wimbledon in round 2 a few years ago....he can play but just doesn't have much between the ears. He did well today, Brians really went for him at the net and although he was pretty terrible overall, he probably had about 50/50 there which was enough.
You could se that he was so slow for the other 3 players, but managed to survive, this is certainly the biggest win of his career, which is really nice for him as he has always been associated with losing and disaster...
A bit like Rosol, he'll always have his win over Nadal and nobody can take it away from him Applause

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:01 am

noleisthebest wrote:What do you think about tomorrow's singles?
Troicky is a mentally weaker and despite that his game is not bad I do not think that he is going to get into his match fully concentrated and focused. I do not know Isner's concentration well, but even if he relies only on his serve, Troicky has only chance to get in TB, where he is going to choke, very probably. It is up to Nole and that is what he likes and his fans as well DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 151447854

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:04 am

Nole is playing first tomorrow, so I think Troicki will have sweet dreams tonight smiley
Who is playing the first match for the Czechs tomorrow?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:05 am

noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:I remember Bozo in Prague, even then he played well, but what a game he showed today that is amazing. Both of them showed titanium nerves DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 4052418255

Bozo is a bit of a head-case. His career high was taking one or two sets off Roger in Wimbledon in round 2 a few years ago....he can play but just doesn't have much between the ears. He did well today, Brians really went for him at the net and although he was pretty terrible overall, he probably had about 50/50 there which was enough.
You could se that he was so slow for the other 3 players, but managed to survive, this is certainly the biggest win of his career, which is really nice for him as he has always been associated with losing and disaster...
A bit like Rosol, he'll always have his win over Nadal and nobody can take it away from him DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 4052418255
Quite agree, when I saw his volleying at the net, I could not look at him. But what he did not volley he got on returns and great serve. I did not expect that he can play like that in no way

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:07 am

noleisthebest wrote:Nole is playing first tomorrow, so I think Troicki will have sweet dreams tonight DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 650269930
Rosol plays the first match for sure.

Last edited by paulcz on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:07 am

I just had a look Canadians and Italians also playing the 5th set now!!! 3 all at the moment Yikes

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:24 am

noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Nole is playing first tomorrow, so I think Troicki will have sweet dreams tonight DAVIS CUP: Round Two (Quaterfinals) - Page 2 650269930
Rosol plays the first match for sure.

I didn't see any Cz matches. Did Stepanek play doubles today? I was surprised they lost. I don't know why they play so early in Kazakhstan.

Yes, just checked it's Rosol Kuku first tomorrow, Kuku is a tricky customer, let's hope Rosol the Great has another career moment tomorrow.
Is Berd really injured or just didn't want to play this time?
Step always wants to play if he decides. Step wanted to try, but he is off his form. So, perhaps Rosol will do it, but nothing is sure with him.
Berd surely wanted to take some days off and relax. He mentioned his shoulder, but.. there is always something that hurts. He did quite a lot with Swiss and played seven week in a row, so it was surely good decision from him.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Rosol does it for the Czech team. Good performance under immense pressure and in front of the an overwhelming and deafening home crowd.
Rosol

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:32 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Rosol does it for the Czech team. Good performance under immense pressure and in front of the an overwhelming and deafening home crowd.
Rosol

Huge, huge Applause for Rosol the Great!
I am really happy for him, and hope these two victories give him the confidence to do well during clay season and improve his rankings, and who knows, come Wimbledon.... Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Right, The Czechs are through and await the winner of France-Argentina.
Tsonga playing Monaco atm (a set up) to level the score and give Simon the chance to take France to the semi-final in the 5th rubber.

Now, this is going to sound really funny, but I actually dreamt of Simon last night....that we were watching France play in O2!!! and were sat a few rows behind the French team Run

ALLEZ TSONGA!!!!!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:40 pm

And not to forget another epic doubles 5 setter from last night: Canada defeated Italy with the same score as SErbia did US: 15:13 in the 5th set.
It was a good match, but Italian boys were just overpowered by tall and fast-serving Canadians.

So everyone expecting Raonic to win his rubber tonight and take Canada in their first ever semi-final (btw. this is their first ever QF, too!)
The winner of Italy- Canada will play cough, cough Serbia, who will qualify for the SF in a few hours when, God willing, Nole beats Querrey smiley

Djokovic-Querrey start at 7 PM UK time
Raonic-Seppi start at 10 PM UK time

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Tsonga looking good on clay, a lot better than Simon and a right match for Monaco's power, too. Just broke him and is 3:2 in the second, on serve.

Listening to French commentary, understand every 20th word, but it sounds magnifique Love Blush

Talking of languages, one of the beauties of these streams, you get to hear commentaries in all kind of languages, last night Italy - Canada was great, too.

The funnies are Spanish speaking ones with their :Si Senor! And not to mention the passinate Arabic Fed fans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT4-ccxQPpU Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:14 pm

Did you just put monaco and power in the same sentence?
He is just a hitting partner! No idea how he got as high as he did, well not completely Winking

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:34 pm

luvsports! wrote:Did you just put monaco and power in the same sentence?
He is just a hitting partner! No idea how he got as high as he did, well not completely Winking

Maybe against Tsonga, but definitely not against Simon the other day.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:10 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Rosol does it for the Czech team. Good performance under immense pressure and in front of the an overwhelming and deafening home crowd.
Rosol

Fortunately he did and got himself out from a break down in the third set. That was the first time he took some advice from the coach and did not play monotone bashing. He handed over an initiative his opponent and relied on defence in some match periods and to his surprise it worked.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Tsonga through with the 3rd set demolition of Monaco (bagel) Berlocq and Simon now battling it out for the semi-final glory against the Czechs.
Each holding their serve so far in the 1st set. Time to tune in racket1

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:45 pm

Silly Simon noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!From serving 40;15 he nets the easiest little volley by tryin to be clever and nets it, and now a set down as Berlocq the horse brays the first set by breaking him - 6:4.
I just can't believe it Angry

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Simon levels the match to 1 all.

Watched a bit of Serena - JJ on GREEN , yes, green clay in Charlston final!!!
Jelena up a break, moving Serena all over the court with her pinpoint accurate ground-strokes.
Really great match-up and a contrast of Serena's power and shot-making versus Jelena's beautiful movement and elegant, manouvering style.
And JJ takes the first set!

Nole starting in a few minutes, and I'll have to make my mind up with three really good matches going on at the same time Wah

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Nole time diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Nole absolutely loving this fast court, making Querrey a step late on almost every ball Magic

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Horrible ankle twist for Nole, receiving treatment, looks in a lot of pain, barely able to hobble to the seat helped by two men .
I can't believe it!!!!!!
So numb the ankle and strap it like mad and hope for the best....not good, will find out as soon as he stands up.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:26 pm

Back on his feet, misses 2nd BP, earns the third one, and offers a quick prayer on the go holding his cross around the neck. God hears him and Nole breaks Magic

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:27 pm

This is going to be very tough for Nole to finish. And my-oh-my is it going to hurt when he stands on it tomorrow morning.... headhurts

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:29 pm

Serving well, let's see how far his lion's love can take him
IDEMO NOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE tennisball

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:55 pm

GB back in the world group amazing effort!!!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:57 pm

Simon and Berlocq still slogging it out, Berlocq wins the third set, 2:1 up.

Serena bagelled JJ in the second set. Apparently on the first point of that set Jelena asked Serena:"How long am I going to wait for you to serve?"
And Serena replied: "As long as I need." The rest is history.....

Didn't see the last few games in Nole Querrey match, but can see he lost his break advantage....

C'mon Noleeeeeee tennisball

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:57 pm

luvsports! wrote:GB back in the world group amazing effort!!!

you mean they will play the play-offs to join it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Nole breaks and goes to the chair beating his chest pumped up like only he can be

NOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Somersault

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:05 pm

yes sorry my bad!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Nole bags the first set, umpire warning Nole's physio not to see him. It's going to be tough to finish this one. The spirit and heart are sure more than willing, let's see if that ankle can hold up.

GO NOLEEEEEEEEEE diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:07 pm

luvsports! wrote:yes sorry my bad!
Maybe HRH A. Murray shows up for the grand entrance...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:09 pm

who needs murray! love the effort showed by lowly evans and ward! ranked 325 and 214, brilliant Big Grin

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:12 pm

luvsports! wrote:who needs murray! love the effort showed by lowly evans and ward! ranked 325 and 214, brilliant Big Grin

Who did they beat, i.e. who played for Russia?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Watching two matches at the same time without commentary and listening to a cool song on YOutube in the background, Simon manages to stay in the match, Berlocq serving for the semi-final. Come ooooooooooooooon Simoooooooon , show some grit and love

so cool 40:15 in both matches smiley C'mon Gillou BREEEEEEEEAK!!!!!!!!!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:42 pm

And he dooooooooooes!!!!!!!!! cracker
Hold serve now!!!!!!!

Nole gets 2 BPs surfer

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:45 pm

Berlocq not only neighs and grunts like a horse, but spits all over the court non-stop (throw-up smiley) 2 MPs for Argentina. HOLD SIMOOOOOON!!!!!

and he goes for a FH winner sending it out, slumps on his knees and... Cry

how costly was that net point at the end of first set.....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Nole just saves a set point Yikes
C'mon Nole!!!!!!!

another one....and saves that one too, phew! Tie-break.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Very loosely played TB from Nole. 1:1.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Brilliant serving from Nole and it's the 3rd set demolition with a breadstick, 2:1.
One more set to the semi-final.
Nole smiley

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:30 pm

Nole breaks to love at the start of the 4th set. On the home straight....... Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Querrey, a big server lost his serve when lead 40:0, Nole looks very good atm

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:42 pm

Querry lost 9 last points on his serve out of 10, this Nole plays like God Magic

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:42 pm

Nole giga-impressive. Serving for the semi-final and a bagel wizard

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Wnderfulscenes of celebration from Boise. Such passion and guts shown from Nole tonight he truly is one and only Smooch Smooch Smooch

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next