Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam?

+3
bogbrush
legendkillar
luvsports!
7 posters

Go down

Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam? Empty Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam?

Post by luvsports! Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:25 am

You;ll be pleased to hear, that this is my last article for a while smiley 
This one is about Serena acting just...superbly.... and other things.
Please read!
https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/09/12/has-there-ever-been-a-more-eventful-grand-slam/

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam? Empty Re: Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam?

Post by legendkillar Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:51 am

Cornet was handed the violation for changing at the wrong time! Ala Nadal with his shorts. So not the best example, which I even slapped Fuller at the BBC for. 

This episode is bringing out much silliness of all who are sleepwalking into generalisations. The amount of women and even men misusing and misunderstanding Sexism. It pains me to see and hear that being thrown around without due care and consideration. The biggest gripe for me is the one element that sees that term being kicked about was pay and that has since been improved. Now we are straying into "treatment based on gender" and yet none of them actually cite examples of difference in treatment based on gender. Furthermore the moron that's Billie Jean King is now reversing her stance when her and many other morons have naively followed the "Sexism" trump card. Navratilova made some great points with what she said on Serena's actions. 

Men do it all the time apparently. Which is call into question the umpire's character and integrity. Which is utter bollocks. They challenge decisions the umpire gives, but never have I heard a male call an umpire a thief. Tarrango was the last spectacular insult of an umpire and calling him corrupt which he was punished accordingly. Barker's comments were embarrassing to be frank. I am sure she was at the Olympics where a certain Murray was punished for insulting the same umpire and brought himself into check throughout the match.

What this Slam has highlighted is the absolute lack of respect for authority further highlighted by many who even if they don't agree with the Sexism claim, believe there should be a relaxed approach to being punished in breaking rules.

You could argue the 2009 US Open was eventful not just for Serena (again!) but Federer's famous outburst.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam? Empty Re: Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam?

Post by bogbrush Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:06 pm

^^^

Perfecto!

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:34 pm

Thought Andrew Castle’s tweet was gold!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Good post LK!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:33 pm

Excellent post LK!

Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:48 pm

Thanks guys. smiley

I recently been having Twitter disputes about equality. More so when a piece by the Beeb about "Why Men don't give up their seats on trains" and being a seasoned commuter I was compelled to read it and many of responses women were getting was "This is what equality looks like" to which their argument was "it should be the gentleman thing to do"

My argument is they don't want equality. Why? Because they will lose a sense of identity that in their mind makes them unique and brings with it special privileges and entitlement. That's the thing about equality. There is nothing in it that makes us different. Because if everything is the same, there is no separating characteristic that makes us different. 

So when this episode at the US Open exploded, I was absolutely shocked at how carelessly Sexism was thrown around. Even by the Beeb with Fuller confidently stating "Sexism is rife in tennis" bloody call it out then! If they know there are actual examples of it that would stand up under the interpretation under the Equality Act, then I am sorry you have a duty to report it. The media, SJW's 'Celebrities' have not the intelligence to tell the difference between Sexism and someone just whinging. It was "Oh Serena shouted it and called it" it must have happened. Newsflash. It didn't.  

Legislation has removed these barriers that once existed (in my eyes I think otherwise, but that's me being subjective), but if a woman doesn't get a job, promotion or offered a seat on public transport, they are a victim! That mindset needs to end. Sadly in this modern world, ignorance trumps education. 

(and breathe)

Ramos has been unfairly targeted in 2 folds. Classed a Sexist and even worse, incompetent. I salute the fact the umpires are considering a union and bloody right. The treatment of him by the pro's has been disgusting. The ITF for once did something commendable by supporting him. I hope a top player, anyone will come out and support him.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:51 pm

LK, don't get into twitter disputes! Hell on earth!  Laugh

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:58 pm

Oh I know that LS Laugh

I tend to avoid, however I felt an obligation to halt the silliness that was happening.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Even if you cure cancer, they will find a way to call you a nazi :P

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Been telling to everyone here, its all about sex man, sex, sexism, I wasn't taken seriously  Laugh Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:33 pm

legendkillar wrote:Thought Andrew Castle’s tweet was gold!

This one? I'm not a fan of his usually but this is class.

Andrew Castle‏[size=16][size=19][size=1]Verified account[/size] [/size][ltr]@AndrewCastle63[/ltr]

[/size]
FollowFollow [size=14][ltr]@AndrewCastle63[/ltr][/size]
[size]

More[/size]
I am playing tennis tomorrow. If I get a bad call I am going to smash my racket, protest that I am a father (so!), call my opponent a thief, demand an apology and claim that I have been treated differently because of my gender.

Than I will go home and grow up.

11:28 PM - 9 Sep 2018

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:35 pm

That’s the very one! LaughLaugh

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:36 pm

hahahaa super writing by Andrew, just finished reading it. spot on.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:40 pm

I think that was his resignation from BBC tennis coverage LaughLaugh

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:42 pm

legendkillar wrote:I think that was his resignation from BBC tennis coverage LaughLaugh
Yep, he will not be seen or heard from again because of his blatently racist and sexist tweet.

He is literally Hitler.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:45 pm

It is encouraging to see so many pieces criticising Serena now though.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:19 pm

Well people have finally seen sense. Especially when most women have found it embarrassing, more so when they didn’t appoint Serena to be their official voice of equality in the first place.

She should learn that acting with diplomacy and rationality gains more traction than irrational emotionality which is comes across as aggressive desperation.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Guess first 2 days all pro Serena, female, black, victim.

Then 3rd day people started using their brain and found out Serena does this only when she is losing.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:31 pm

I was against it when I saw it and wrote the piece on Monday, just saying. Winking

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:41 pm

There does appear to have been some sobering up after the drunkards jumped into the fight on her side.

Even Jelly Bean King has tried to back off.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:52 pm

I reckon many have consulted the Oxford Dictionary and looked up Sexism and thought a silent retreat was more sensible moving forward. 

A lot of would be feminists have made a spectacle of themselves over this. 

BJK still tried to apportion some blame by citing if he appealed to Serena's character. Did she not see the US Open 2009!!!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:22 pm

What really galls me is the fact she's brought up the 2009 incident on multiple occasions when angry with a US Open official (2010 and last week), and cites it as an example of her being mucked over and treated badly.
So she not only has no remorse over threatening to kill that poor lady, but also uses it to play the victim.
Is there anyone more loathsome in tennis?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:39 pm

Don't think you asked the right forum the right question there!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Hhahahaah, Dec1mat3d, silver medal goes to Nadal, bronze to Djoko, not a bad spread smiley

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:40 pm

See it from her side...  told all her life that black people and women have been kept under by the white man....  told about how persecuted she is and how much everyone owes her...

And the silly privileged cow sees the world like that.  From a prism of victimhood. She immediately pulls out the race card or sexism card... as she has done all her life - to get away with being an arsehole.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:54 pm

..and she married a white man, to compensate a little for her sufferings  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:40 pm

[ltr]@asdampf[/ltr]

FollowFollow [size=14][ltr]@asdampf[/ltr][/size]
[size]

More[/size]
USTA chief @katadams68 overheard apologizing to chair umpire Carlos Ramos for the fallout from US Open final at draw for Davis Cup SF draw between US and Croatia in Zadar
https://twitter.com/asdampf/status/1040186761954123776

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:51 pm

Is she on top there just cause she is black too? I bet Serena made a few calls to make her USTA chief, while Obama was President  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down