Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
The Wimbledon 2012 Final - Federer v Murray - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
The Wimbledon 2012 Final - Federer v Murray - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
The Wimbledon 2012 Final - Federer v Murray - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
The Wimbledon 2012 Final - Federer v Murray - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
The Wimbledon 2012 Final - Federer v Murray - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
The Wimbledon 2012 Final - Federer v Murray - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
The Wimbledon 2012 Final - Federer v Murray - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
The Wimbledon 2012 Final - Federer v Murray - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
The Wimbledon 2012 Final - Federer v Murray - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The Wimbledon 2012 Final - Federer v Murray

4 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The Wimbledon 2012 Final - Federer v Murray - Page 5 Empty Re: The Wimbledon 2012 Final - Federer v Murray

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:58 pm

wow3 wrote:This proves that it is easier to be no. 1 but difficult to stay there.

Yes, people often describe reaching the top, or number one as the end of a journey. In my opinion, the real climb starts there and then, because you begin to climb mountain within you that is much steeper and slipperier. Everyone's inner mountain is different. Some people's is that steep they don't want to climb it.
The others' is a flat road they love to run on.
It's a delicate and precarious situation to be in and many are not aware of the traps it holds.
Fed really deserved to break this record of Sampras, his game and what he gave to tennis needed to be kind of any smudge on the horizon - free.
It's a fine spot he's got himself in now.
Enjoy the summer breeze while it lasts, Rog.

There are some hungry hurting young man brewing a lot of fire in their hearts ready to pounce .

Very, very interesting times.

Who could have predicted this a few months ago?

That's the beauty of tennis as a sport: it really is as lifelike and spontaneous as music.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

The Wimbledon 2012 Final - Federer v Murray - Page 5 Empty Re: The Wimbledon 2012 Final - Federer v Murray

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:20 pm

Nole believed that he could beat nadull and Fed, somehow Andy lacked that belief and also the game under the roof. Andy has to believe in himself more and play like he played in the first set.

Those forehands were massive. I was quite shocked to see that Andy did not hit forehands like that in 3rd and 4th set, he backed up a bit and that costed him the match. I really feel for Andy, it was really sad to see him ending runner up. Julien Benettau told Fed that he will go all the way and how right he was. A fantastic tournament and both ends could have been befitting.

Not sure as how Nole will bounce back, Nadal's season is more or less over only. Nole-Nadal also paid the price for that 5 plus hours slugfest. those physical matches take toll on the body and they will have to pay the price somewhere.

Andy is good on hardcourt and he must pick his tournament cautitously, I am sure that USO will be his.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:39 pm

wow3 wrote:

Andy has to believe in himself more and play like he played in the first set.

Murray gave his all. Absolutely everything. Fed waited patiently. He is a master of waiting.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:41 pm

wow3 wrote:
Not sure as how Nole will bounce back, Nadal's season is more or less over only. Nole-Nadal also paid the price for that 5 plus hours slugfest. those physical matches take toll on the body and they will have to pay the price somewhere.

Andy is good on hardcourt and he must pick his tournament cautitously, I am sure that USO will be his.

Nole will be fine. He has plenty of motivation to last him two lives Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:47 pm

nitb, I like Nole and will want to see him playing like his 2011 level, somehow it seems that he has slipped a level bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:54 pm

wow3 wrote:nitb, I like Nole and will want to see him playing like his 2011 level, somehow it seems that he has slipped a level bit.

I think he has just lost a bit of momentum due to his team planning out his schedule this year and trying to pace him so he doesn't burn out like he did last year and injure himself.
That's the cost you have to pay.

The tennis year is "still young" and there's plenty more to be won.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:33 am

OUAHH....I am amazed by the 250 posts on that thread! I'll read them all tomorrow am...too tired now.

good night!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:03 am

noleisthebest wrote:If Murray is a Christian which I think he may be as I saw him pray on the chair after the match, he will win this match.
Not because he is a better player (he is not and will never be) but because God will intervene. I reckon Fed's serve will go. ad Murray will have an unusual peace about him.

There you go, I've said it!

Well god did intervene! But it was tennis god and unfortunately for Andy he had to play against.

Do you remember what Gomez said once about God intervening in a tennis match after he won the FO final? THat was in response to Chang saying that God (or was it Jesus) helped him win teh FO the year before. Gomez said that if God was fair he woudl not help one over the other....something like that.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:23 am

wow3 wrote:I like Kate, she is an epitomisation of beauty. One of the most beautiful girl on the planet.

Serious?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:00 am

From what I saw (just 1o games roughly) It seemed that Murray played very well and was defending and attacking reaaly well with no sign of nerves.

But what impressed me most was that Fed played without nerves, poised as if it was an Estoril 2nd round match.

After seeing the post match emotion from Andy I started to feel for him though I know this kind of emotion, it's not the loss that makes them cry, it's the fatigue and the immense pressure they put themselves in which needs to be released and with the micro in the hand, it all comes out through the form of tears. He would have won he may still have cried.

I also hope he will win one slam one day though I there are other players I would prefer to see with a trophy first.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:If Murray is a Christian which I think he may be as I saw him pray on the chair after the match, he will win this match.
Not because he is a better player (he is not and will never be) but because God will intervene. I reckon Fed's serve will go. ad Murray will have an unusual peace about him.

There you go, I've said it!

Well god did intervene! But it was tennis god and unfortunately for Andy he had to play against.

Do you remember what Gomez said once about God intervening in a tennis match after he won the FO final? THat was in response to Chang saying that God (or was it Jesus) helped him win teh FO the year before. Gomez said that if God was fair he woudl not help one over the other....something like that.

I now regret letting that one out.
Shouldn't've fiddled with God when I wasn't sure in the first place.
Still....in the big picture yesterday's match won't matter a tiniest particle in the eternity.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:42 pm

What happens if 2 re-born christians face each other in the final of a grand slam?
Who is god going to help win then?

I gotta say all the front page news is right...I never liked Murray,I found his arrogance off putting and how he's allows his ego to get ahead of himself rubs me up the wrong way
But after seeing his emotional speech yesterday after losing the best final he has ever played really made me warm up to him.He has become a lot more likeable in my opinion.I really hope this loss doesnt hurt him too much,he should know there was enough in that match to show the he can definitely win Wimbledon
He definitely did himself and the nation proud

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:50 pm

Veejay wrote:What happens if 2 re-born christians face each other in the final of a grand slam?

vee,

like I said in the post above, I regret involving God in my post. There are very, very few christians in the world, sports including, so the chance of two meeting in slam final is virtually zero.
Slam wins won't matter in eternity. They just ease the pain in THIS life Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:20 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:What happens if 2 re-born christians face each other in the final of a grand slam?

vee,

like I said in the post above, I regret involving God in my post. There are very, very few christians in the world, sports including, so the chance of two meeting in slam final is virtually zero.
Slam wins won't matter in eternity. They just ease the pain in THIS life Winking

There are many christians,its just most people in this country aren't really religious
Having come from a very religious background myself,I understand the point you're making,but not everyone believes in an after life or eternity,so for some winning slams is as good as it gets Big Grin

Does everyone agree with me that the quality of tennis in yesterdays match was superior to the AO final?
To me this proves that just cause a match lasts for 6 hours and the average rally at least 5 shots,doesnt automatically make a match high quality

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:40 pm

I actually haven't seen the AO final, just a few points. It's no secret I can't take Nadal bruising Nole in any shape or form...but am mightily, mightily glad Nole was able to subdue and defeat Nadal in that match.

Yesterday's match was great, I wished it went to 5 sets, that would've been some dogged fight, there's nothing I love more than watching a 5 setter (that does not involve Nadal, of course Winking ), just the bare heart battling it out.
Yesterday's match had a lot of qualities a great match ought to have: continual shifting of momentum, excellent shot-making, superb atmosphere, not to mention what was on the line for both players, the occassion, it had a tense contest in the first two, even three sets, during which Federer absorbed and sucked out all Murray's power and than just finished him off with some of his best tennis I've seen in ages.
As the match wore on, Murray was waning and Fed growing stronger subtly but visibly. That's why there was no 5th set.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Veejay wrote:Does everyone agree with me that the quality of tennis in yesterdays match was superior to the AO final?
To me this proves that just cause a match lasts for 6 hours and the average rally at least 5 shots,doesnt automatically make a match high quality

Well for a match to be really great it needs quality tennis and drama. The AO had drama with poor shot making but high fitness quality. Yesterday's was high quality shotmaking with short drama.

I certainly prefered yesterday's. One thing for sure is that I'll watch yesterday's final again. I won't get close to watching the AO final again.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5