Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Day 7 French Open predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Day 7 French Open predictions - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Day 7 French Open predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Day 7 French Open predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Day 7 French Open predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Day 7 French Open predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Day 7 French Open predictions - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Day 7 French Open predictions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Day 7 French Open predictions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Day 7 French Open predictions

+4
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Tenez
noleisthebest
PointConstructor085
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Day 7 French Open predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Day 7 French Open predictions

Post by Tenez Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:57 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:And Gasquet playing left handed.. I'm up for this.
So you agree that Nadal is not playing with his natural arm?

Doesn;t that prove that brawn more than guile was what Toni was about?

the day Nadal will play within the tennis rule, I will consider him as a tennis player. I cannot have respect for a cheat.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:17 am

There was an article in the Times over the weekend in which the author said that the occasional underarm serve vs. Nadal could be a very unsettling tactic because he couldn't consistently stand behind the baseline waiting to monster a serve just in his hitting zone.

I'd love to see someone try that.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:22 am

..on key points maybe....but he is in such form there won't be many of those.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:37 am

tenez wrote:That's because you do not understand the dynamics of tennis. 

Who understands the dynamics of tennis and who doesn't is not going to be decided by you. So don't be judgmental about my understanding. 

Tenez wrote:
 One may have a great game, if not fit enough, there is nothing one can do. Look at the FO 08 final. Cause federer was not tip top form that year and tired because of a 5 setter semi v Monfils, Federer is completely crushed versus Nadal....even if Federer had many more skills than Nadal. One might be skilled with most players, but when it comes to handling a zippy ball (huge energy injected into the ball), then all the guile is useless. So Nadal's fitness is two folds: Power he puts into the ball and teh forcing of running if one doesn't have that "critical pace" I have been mentioning. 

Great game, but not fit enough? Hasn't Gasquet ever been fit. What has Serving % got to do with opponent's fitness? You keep repeating the same point  for every argument. Its plain crap. 

Tenez wrote:It's really weird you guys don;t see that. Why was Nadal useless on other slams before they slowed everything down?

If Nadal was useless on other  slams, why wasn't this talented Gasquet winning those slams.

Even now there are faster courts, and we can see it makes the difference. Nadal still does better on those compared to Gasquet.

And its not weird I don't see it, coz its not there. I have proven  before you are going to be alone in a lot tennis opinion that you have. This is another one.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:56 am

You will see how wrong you are the day Nadal plays on fast surfaces preventing him to inject his power into the ball. It can even happen on clay if someone can hit through the slow surface. Stay tuned!

Happened many times before and will happen again.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:11 am

Tenez wrote:You will see how wrong you are the day Nadal plays on fast surfaces preventing him to inject his power into the ball. It can even happen on clay if someone can hit through the slow surface. Stay tuned!

Happened many times before and will happen again.

Don't doge the question please. I have asked about Gasquet and his great talent. So answer about Gasquet. If Gasquet was good enough, he would be winning much more on Faster surfaces. But he isn't. Win % wise its Nadal's record on faster surfaces better that Gasquet's. why is that?

Why would Gasquet need to stand 4-5m behind the BL? On faster surfaces, players who take the ball early do better, yet Gasquet fails here. Because he can't take the ball early.  So what great talent can he use against Nadal on faster surfaces that you think will win him the match. Be specific.

His best surface is clay. And on clay he is like junior when facing Nadal. Faster surfaces, the stats will be somewhat better, Nadal also would struggle on faster conditions. But still he would win. Coz even in faster surfaces, he i better than Gasquet.

Gasquet hasn't got a thing to beat Nadal anywhere. Its not uncommon. Its like Ferrer vs Federer, there is nothing Ferrer got to beat Fed on any surface.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:15 am

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/968580/Rafael-Nadal-French-Open-Richard-Gasquet-Toni-Nadal-tennis-news

This is the great winner's mindset this champion of yours  Gasquet goes into a match.  He had lost before a point was played. Pathetic.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:31 am

Tenez is obsessed with fitness. It’s obvious that Gasquet’s main issues are his technique on his forehand, his relatively poor match craft and the fact he’s mentally not great. The fact he may also be slightly less fit than some of the other top players (although I’m not convinced that’s the case) is a minor factor. He’s phenomenally talented but hasn’t been able to make the best of that talent. 

Nadal wasn’t junior number 1 because he chose not to play many junior events. That said, he still won the junior Davis Cup as Spain’s Number 1 and reached the SF at Wimbledon (impressive for a claycourter). We are talking about one of the greatest teenagers of all time here so I suspect he’d have had a fair chance of being a highly ranked junior!

As for the comment that Nadal was “useless” at other slams, that seems to me somewhat harsh. He made the final at his second Wimbledon and had made the SF of every slam by age 22 (despite obviously being primarily a claycourter). That compares fairly favourably with other greats.

Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:34 am

Slippy wrote:Tenez is obsessed with fitness. It’s obvious that Gasquet’s main issues are his technique on his forehand, his relatively poor match craft and the fact he’s mentally not great. The fact he may also be slightly less fit than some of the other top players (although I’m not convinced that’s the case) is a minor factor. He’s phenomenally talented but hasn’t been able to make the best of that talent. 

Nadal wasn’t junior number 1 because he chose not to play many junior events. That said, he still won the junior Davis Cup as Spain’s Number 1 and reached the SF at Wimbledon (impressive for a claycourter). We are talking about one of the greatest teenagers of all time here so I suspect he’d have had a fair chance of being a highly ranked junior!

As for the comment that Nadal was “useless” at other slams, that seems to me somewhat harsh. He made the final at his second Wimbledon and had made the SF of every slam by age 22 (despite obviously being primarily a claycourter). That compares fairly favourably with other greats.
Look at your man! More than anyone he knew that fitness was everything. He killed himself physically reaching the top.....and now where is he?

You will never learn!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:51 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Don't doge the question please. I have asked about Gasquet and his great talent. So answer about Gasquet. If Gasquet was good enough, he would be winning much more on Faster surfaces. But he isn't. Win % wise its Nadal's record on faster surfaces better that Gasquet's. why is that?
But that doesn't mean Nadal is superior in every department. It's not because Karlovic can ace his way to a win that he is superior is every department to his opponent. That's my point! You do not want me to repeat what I keep repeating....so!?!

Why would Gasquet need to stand 4-5m behind the BL? On faster surfaces, players who take the ball early do better, yet Gasquet fails here. Because he can't take the ball early.  So what great talent can he use against Nadal on faster surfaces that you think will win him the match. Be specific.
I am not talking about Gasquet against the rest of the field. We were talking specifically to that match where Gasquet's guile was simply crushed by Nadal's power. No different than Nadal crushing Stepanek on grass. When the level of energy on teh other side, it doesn't matter how skilled you are....cause you quickly lose edge and cannot handle the ball.

Gasquet hasn't got a thing to beat Nadal anywhere. Its not uncommon. Its like Ferrer vs Federer, there is nothing Ferrer got to beat Fed on any surface.[/quote]Very different. It's not the fact that Gasquet "hasn't got a thing"...it simply that Nadal is bulldozing into Gasquet. A bit different.

Until we see what happens on fresh grass, no point discussing this further.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:55 am

I just told Kev to go to the net! diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:15 pm

Oh, Kev...why does he have to choke....WHYYYYY!!!!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:00 am

Tenez wrote:But that doesn't mean Nadal is superior in every department. It's not because Karlovic can ace his way to a win that he is superior is every department to his opponent. That's my point!

He is. Every single stat of tennis, Nadal is ahead of Gasquet. Not just this match, every match in their h2h. And general stats of their playing careers on fast/slow courts.

Even in their last match, Nadal was ahead in winners, less UEs, more % of net points won, better serve %, more volley points, better beak-point chances. The only thing Nadal was behind was aces, 1-3. This is too  marginal.

I have specifically asked? So what great talent can he use against Nadal on faster surfaces that you think will win him the match. Be specific.
-----

Coz I just don't see there is just about anything Gasquet has got that will hurt Nadal enough to lose a against him. You can call Nadal bulldoze Gasquet, it doesn't matter. There is NOTHING Gasquet can do about it anywhere. 

So your saying "I would like to see a Gasquet v Nadal on fresh grass.". Good to see it, but result won't be any different from what I said.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:07 am

Gasquet's mentality going into a match is also poor. He loses the match before it starts. Nadal never ever did that, no matter who he faced. 

This is a BIG skill to have in tennis. Not seen ever since.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2