Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Will Nadal ever win a Tour Finals title?
Serena Asking Sandgren to apologise.... EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:49 pm by Daniel2

» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Serena Asking Sandgren to apologise.... EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:18 pm by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Serena Asking Sandgren to apologise.... EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Serena Asking Sandgren to apologise.... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Serena Asking Sandgren to apologise.... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Serena Asking Sandgren to apologise.... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Serena Asking Sandgren to apologise.... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Serena Asking Sandgren to apologise.... EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Serena Asking Sandgren to apologise.... EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Serena Asking Sandgren to apologise....

+7
Daniel
AceofDeath
Jahu
barrystar
legendkillar
bogbrush
Tenez
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Serena Asking Sandgren to apologise.... Empty Serena Asking Sandgren to apologise....

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:33 pm

Birk!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/42808842

I hate it when people force others to apologise.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Serena Asking Sandgren to apologise.... Empty Re: Serena Asking Sandgren to apologise....

Post by bogbrush Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:59 pm

This is the thing that I detest the most.

He would be a fool to apologise because it isn’t enough for SJWs. Nothing will be enough. If he apologised he’ll be pilloried anyway. Whatever he does will never assuage their need for virtue signalling.

His only relief will be that he will return to tennis obscurity soon and they’ll move on to the next target.

To deal with these retarded people you need a steel trap of a mind and a big pair of balls. Then you basically troll them, always making sure not to break any law because then the organisers will take the opportunity to virtue signal themselves.

Just tell her to fuck off. She’s a pompous bully - witness that she tweeted “turns channel” when he was playing Chung. That has no value in helping him (which her ridiculous quote implies is her intention), just showing off.
Oh, and did she ever grovellingly apologise to that little line judge that the USO?

Last edited by bogbrush on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Serena Asking Sandgren to apologise.... Empty Re: Serena Asking Sandgren to apologise....

Post by legendkillar Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:00 pm

Don't think a week passes without Williams wanting an apology for something!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:24 pm

As the world's most prominent black tennis player and an American I think she's allowed to comment - his twitter account is public, even though he probably thought nobody would be watching, and others are entitled to have their say in public.  My criticism is that she signally fails to take the trouble to play the ball, she goes for the man seeking to pull rank or use a bit of emotional blackmail, and so risks looking like a smug bully trying to use her power to pick off some obscure half-wit merely because he has displeased her.  This is dumb when he doesn't deserve much sympathy and she could be making a sensible point (if you don't believe that nasty stuff, don't get involved with them or give the impression that you support them).

It's possible that what has really sparked her ire is a tweet he sent with a picture of her above an article describing a row with an umpire which he had captioned, "disgraceful" - some have tried disingenuously to portray that as racist. 

More detail of his stupid twitter activity here: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jan/22/tennys-sandgren-alt-right-australian-open-twitter

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:06 pm

I know nothing of his tweets, but as for branding her behaviour that day ‘disgracedul’, he was being soft. She was a pig.

Reading those items featured in the Grauniad..... he said nothing terrible there. It’s a fair point to defend America as a whole on the grounds it’s twice voted in a black President (any of the oh-so liberal European countries done that? No?). That doesn’t mean in a country of 1/3rd of a billion people that crap doesn’t happen, and America has a terrible history, but....
And as for Hillary Clinton, she’s part of the most corrupt group ever.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:31 pm

Don't see anything bad on his tweets, sure distasteful and right wing, but Serena is a certified grade A cow, who is she to tell anyone to apologies when she publicly threatened to kill a line judge.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:41 pm

bogbrush wrote:He would be a fool to apologise because it isn’t enough for SJWs. Nothing will be enough. If he apologised he’ll be pilloried anyway. Whatever he does will never assuage their need for virtue signalling.
So true! they would have them crawling at their feet if they could.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofDeath Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:20 pm

Apologise for not being an ars3 licker?  erm

Lefties act like you've murdered someone just for thinking differently to them and their weird fantasy world.

AceofDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:46 pm

Apologize for disagreeing and having their own opinion?  Oh do fuck off.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:27 am

Tenez wrote:Birk!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/42808842

I hate it when people force others to apologise.

Me, too.
It’s the opposite of the spirit of forgiveness and Christianity/repentance.

Same as when relatives of a victim “forgive” the murderer.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:21 am

well done serena 

its never too much when it is about fighting racism, sexism

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:01 am

Nax, we are all racists, including you...you just happen not to know it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:09 am

I’d adapt that a touch.... we all make generalisations. We have to. We can’t approach every situation with a blank sheet and wait for actions to determine our response. Thus I have no plans to

- take a stroll in downtown Johannesburg with a young girl in tight shorts flashing my cash. I’m going to pre-judge people.
- take a tour of some Middle Eastern hellhole (can I say that?) with a Bible in one hand and a crucifix dangling from my neck.
- climb into the polar bear enclosure and play with the bears because it’s wrong to assume they will eat me.

Early judgement based on scant information is an evolutionary necessity.

That doesn’t mean you do people down for reason of group, that’s plan rotten, but to pretend generalisation is evil is stupid.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:52 am

Tenez wrote:Nax, we are all racists, including you...you just happen not to know it.

I'm not racist, I welcome black/latina booty (both together if possible) anytime  Big Grin

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:00 pm

Jahu wrote:
Tenez wrote:Nax, we are all racists, including you...you just happen not to know it.

I'm not racist, I welcome black/latina booty (both together if possible) anytime  Big Grin
The very fact you excluded the white “booty” (what a stupid word, btw), means you are a racist.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:03 pm

White booty obviously is available anywhere and more common, at the bus stop, shop, etc. Black/Latina more rare. Issue was of racism not of who I want more in bad.

And booty is good, bootulicious you know, you a bit flat or what?  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:18 pm

No, I am not flat, but what has that got to do with anything.

Racism is a fake word just like conspiracy theory, political correctness etc.
The parallel Neogovor, Babble of new Babylon.

The undeniable feeling of superiority and hierarchy of different colour skin comes all the way from Noah’s time and his three sons: Ham, Shem and Japheth.
God cursed Ham for dishonouring his father and told him he (and his posterity) would be a servant to his brothers.
After that the three brothers went separate ways and formed “races”.

I remember my mum telling me once that a black man would give everything to have white skin...it sounded so weird to me then...but then I saw Michael Jackson, it all made sense.

And my  Nigerian friend telling me how black women/girls gomfor white men just as a trophy.

So these things are true.

As for the glamourised Hollywood  black slavery...no different from Jews and their holocaust.

And btw, the Jews were the first slaves...well before Africans.

They are the ones who built pyramids in Egypt, and had a hard time escaping through the Red Sea lead by Moses.

If you don’t believe the Bible, go to secular history records of the seven plagues God afflicted the Pharaoh with.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:23 pm

You need to get out a bit more, see the world  Big Grin

Noah, Shem, Japhesh, its all galactic stardust to me.

Keep it simple lady, and your nigerian friend is wrong. 

I;m not going to read Bible or search any history record for Gods, open the windows, see some reality  Big Grin

Last edited by Jahu on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:24 pm

Jahu wrote:You need to get out a bit more, see the world  Big Grin

Noah, Shem, Japhesh, its all galactic stardust to me.

Keep it simple lady, and your nigerian friend is wrong. 

I;m not going to read Bible or search any history record for Gods, open the windows, see some reality  Big Grin

There is more than world to see, Yahoo.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:26 pm

I think you overcomplicate and over-explain things, and add a bit of Gods, bible and history, to look smarter then you are? Admit.  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:27 pm

Jahu wrote:I think you overcomplicate and over-explain things, and add a bit of Gods, bible and history, to look smarter then you are? Admit.  Laugh
The only thing that heeds admitting here is by you: I’m out of your league Yahoo. Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:30 pm

Sure you are, but among people here in the forum who are highly intelligent, smart and eloquent, are you feeling a little that you are out of their league and doing some catchup with your elaborate comments?  Big Grin

Admit now!!!

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:49 pm

HTenez wrote:Nax, we are all racists, including you...you just happen not to know it.

Pretty much this. Minority groups that have certain privileges for example with job applications creates the very inequality it is supposed to oppose.

No such thing as equality.

Last edited by legendkillar on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:54 pm

Yep, they feel unteachable, cause society says they are minority and hated. BS.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:58 pm

Or they might even consider that the majority now. Anyone with a voice considers themselves a minority Laugh

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:27 pm

There’s only one rational objective; that you don’t see colour and and judge people on how they behave.

This is one reason I hate black lives matter, because they’ll scream at anyone saying “all lives matter” and openly call for cops to be killed. They set back the cause of people who genuinely want to just be treated as equal.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:19 pm

And yet they are championed by the sell-out media. 
They can never name a white person killed by a cop, but they can if it was a black guy...

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:28 pm

I dont care what you think I am or am not, but I congratulate Serena for giving voice to the difficult fight against racism and sexism

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:41 pm

Exactly what is difficult about espousing arguments where you have the entirety of the State and media behind you? It’s like that ridiculous woman Meryl Streep going all #metoo when she’s on film countless times sucking up to the grotesque Weinstein and applauding to to the rafters the child rapist Polanski.

They’re nothing but racist / sexists themselves who massage their profiles with this crap.

The West is the best place in the World for people of any type to live, by far, yet I hear only deafening silence about the hideous practices around the World. It’s because it’s got nothing to do with opposing sexism or racism, and everything to do with resentment of the people who have done most to build those amazing societies.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:23 pm

naxroy wrote:

I dont care what you think I am or am not, but I congratulate Serena for giving voice to the difficult fight against racism and sexism
There is no worst racists than those who ignore they are. I know you don;t care....I am just telling you.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:36 pm

Tenez wrote:
naxroy wrote:

There is no worst racists than those who ignore they are. I know you don;t care....I am just telling you.

OK, I am the worst racist around, thanks for opening my eyes, 

still, I congratulate Serena for giving voice to the fight against racism and sexism.

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:31 pm

Jahu wrote:Sure you are, but among people here in the forum who are highly intelligent, smart and eloquent, are you feeling a little that you are out of their league and doing some catchup with your elaborate comments?  Big Grin

Admit now!!!

Again, the one who needs admitting is you...

You don’t have your “you”. That is not good.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofDeath Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:39 pm

naxroy wrote:
Tenez wrote:
naxroy wrote:

still, I congratulate Serena for giving voice to the fight against racism and sexism.
Except there is no racism or sexism in tennis. Serena is the typical SJW that wants to control all our daily lives and acts holier than normal people. You are braindead just like Serena.

AceofDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:54 pm

AceofDeath wrote:
naxroy wrote:
Tenez wrote:
naxroy wrote:

Except there is no racism or sexism in tennis. Serena is the typical SJW that wants to control all our daily lives and acts holier than normal people. You are braindead just like Serena.

Here here.  It's Serena who is the racist.  She sees things with a massive chip on her shoulder - trying to pretend that because she is black she has any idea about slavery (that no longer exists in US, but DOES in many Muslim and black African countries right now), as she cashes her latest 1 million dollar cheque.  
There's nothing worse than the left.  Their hypocrisy.  Their SJW nonsense.  Their identity politics. Their race baiting.  Their victimhood mentality.  And most of all their intolerance.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:56 pm

What is “SJW”? Blush

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:56 pm

A Social Justice Warrior.  Look up in Google.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:04 pm

I thought it was sexist jehova witness Run

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Well, it sure wasn't going to be Sexy Jehovah's Witness.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:36 am

Ahhh, so this is it.  When I was googling Tennys last week just to find out who he was, the first google suggestion after I typed "Tennys Sandgren" was "Tennys Sandgren Trump".  Now I know where that came from.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:40 am

luvsports! wrote:And yet they are championed by the sell-out media. 
They can never name a white person killed by a cop, but they can if it was a black guy...
Only a couple of years ago you were a fresh-faced starry-eyed liberal, and, just like that, now you are a bitter alt-right neo-fascist.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:25 am

LS been traveling and seeing the world a bit more  Big Grin

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:29 am

Summerblues, don’t do that.

BLM is an rotten, violent organisation who rally publicly for cops to be killed and will jump on anyone suggesting “all lives matter” as racists. Standing up to that is as far from fascist as can be. In fact, calling anyone who does so that is sailing close to that particular wind.

Don’t be led by the nose by the media.

If you were being ironic then fair play, though a smiley would have helped.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:33 am

What has Sb done, BB?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:36 am

Tenez wrote:What has Sb done, BB?
Called luvsports an alt-right neo-fascist.

Like I say maybe she’s messing about in which case I’d be really happy because I like sb. If so a smiley would have been great to distinguish it from the real thing.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:43 am

SB a she? That news to me! Laugh

I thought it was sarcastic from SB. Knowing him...or her....I am not sure anymore. Winking (smiley just in case)

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:47 am

The limitation of the media! I mess up that way enough myself but I very much hope I misread it.

Yeah, isn’t SB a girl? Maybe we need to fill our profiles in but on the whole better to stand back from the edge in public forums.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:06 am

I am pretty sure sb is being ironic.  Actually, I thought it was completely obvious.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:32 am

That’d be good, happy to be corrected.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:34 am

summerblues wrote:
luvsports! wrote:And yet they are championed by the sell-out media. 
Only a couple of years ago you were a fresh-faced starry-eyed liberal, and, just like that, now you are a bitter alt-right neo-fascist.

Haha!
I am still figuring a lot of stuff out.
I am leaning towards the classical liberal side of things.
But I do like 'facts don't care about your feelings'...

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:41 am

bogbrush wrote:The limitation of the media! I mess up that way enough myself but I very much hope I misread it.

Yeah, isn’t SB a girl? Maybe we need to fill our profiles in but on the whole better to stand back from the edge in public forums.

I was born a male but I identify as an Apache Helicopter. Hope that helps.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next