Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Left handed Federer EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Left handed Federer EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Left handed Federer EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Left handed Federer EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Left handed Federer EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Left handed Federer EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Left handed Federer EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Left handed Federer EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Left handed Federer EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Left handed Federer

3 posters

Go down

Left handed Federer Empty Left handed Federer

Post by bogbrush Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:18 pm

I came across this short but interesting video. I don't quite agree but the guy has a point.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtaRQBBXfdg

Could there be something to the idea that right-handedness appears more aesthetically pleasing?

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Left handed Federer Empty Re: Left handed Federer

Post by noleisthebest Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:45 pm

I thought you were going to wrote about Shapalov (the 17 yo, a lefty SBH-er)!

But yes,  this clip looks a bit weird, though DTL shots and BHs look just as magical.

Being lefthanded is definitely odd, anyway, although it's accepted as normal.

I like it how all lefties I know pride themselves of being smarter than the rest of us...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:52 pm

yes I see the point however I disagree.

To me someone LHer impresses me more cause it's rarer and most of us "right hander" are terrible with our LH hence it makes LHers look better than they are comparatively.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:07 am

Tenez wrote:yes I see the point however I disagree.

To me someone LHer impresses me more cause it's rarer and most of us "right hander" are terrible with our LH hence it makes LHers look better than they are comparatively.
I put some of the inelegance down to it just looking odd to have Federer play that way. However, i think I noticed a slight increase in elegance of Nadals forehand, so who knows?

I take issue with your comment on how bad we are with our LH. I basically learned my forehand by playing, meaning it remained riddled with deep-seated technical faults that persisted despite and because it was functional at club level. My SHBH, on the other hand, I developed by consulting training manuals so that by the time I went to coaching the guy told me there was nothing really to be done except work on body position (getting lower on the shot). Now the point of all this was that I learned that my SHBH could be played almost as well - and with practise and strength build up I think could have been as good - with the left hand. It's a much more natuaral thing to do I found.

My forehand drove him nearly to drink.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:49 am

I haven't done it for some tome, but I used to switch racquet to my left hand if I was stranded on my BH, and it felt different but very powerful. I never shanked it!

If my theory is right, Nadal's FH would not have been as strong if he had played it with his right arm.

The use of left arm in the DBH is huge, so it is almost another FH.
I tried it once, just so I can understand the shot, felt dirty for the rest of the afternoon!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:54 pm

Recently a tennis partner who I play lots of singles with started to shoot our sets with a gopro.

Wooww.....how crap I am! But more so......lasy and moving like a sloth. But funnily my opponent is hyper energetic running everywhere and hitting the ball so hard, yet I won 12 of the last 14 sets (the 2 he won was me having to borrow a different racquet)...by making him move. I'll ask him to send me some recorded files which I might post.....I look good on a tennis table despite having played thrice in the last 30 years......but on a tennis court! Doh

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:01 am

Tenez wrote:Recently a tennis partner who I play lots of singles with started to shoot our sets  with a gopro.

Wooww.....how crap I am! But more so......lasy and moving like a sloth. But funnily my opponent is hyper energetic running everywhere and hitting the ball so hard, yet I won 12 of the last 14 sets (the 2 he won was me having to borrow a different racquet)...by making him move. I'll ask him to send me some recorded files which I might post.....I look good on a tennis table despite having played thrice in the last 30 years......but on a tennis court! Doh

What is gopro?

And why did you have to borrow a different racquets, broken strings or frame? Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:36 pm

It's a camera.

Yes I only have one racquet since I bought a Babolat as I was not sure I would like it ....but it's one of the most powerful racquet for its weight. Ugly black and yellow but hey...

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:51 pm

Tenez wrote:It's a camera.
Cool!
In that case you must post that video! Big Grin
Tenez wrote:
Yes I only have one racquet since I bought a Babolat as I was not sure I would like it ....but it's one of the most powerful racquet for its weight. Ugly black and yellow but hey...

I don't know how heavy your Babolat is, but I have a spare Wilson six one lying around (grip 4).
That is a seriously powerful racquet, but suits baseline hitting.

Have you tried that one?

It was too heavy for me, esp on the BH and volleys, started giving me tennis elbow, so I stopped using it and went back to Prostaff.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:51 pm

NITB wrote:I don't know how heavy your Babolat is, but I have a spare Wilson six one lying around (grip 4).
That is a seriously powerful racquet, but suits baseline hitting.

Have you tried that one?

Oh yeah....but unless you are Federer it's not a racquet for us mortals. In fact even Federer lost many slams with it he could have won with a better racquet. Beautiful when you hit te sweet spot but happens everyfull moon....well in my case anyway. And after 3 games, it's even harder as teh racquet is quite heavy. ...if we are talking about the 90inch 340g version....there a few lighter versions though,

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down