Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Will Nadal ever win a Tour Finals title?
Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD) EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:49 pm by Daniel2

» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD) EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:18 pm by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD) EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD) EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD) EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD) EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD) EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD) EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD) EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD)

+2
Larry Ellison
noleisthebest
6 posters

Go down

Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD) Empty Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD)

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Just saw this post-match in the tunnel interview with Lucas Rosol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18636437

What a huge, huge, unthinkable upset that was. It looks even more amazing with the passing of time.

How important was this loss to Nadal as we have not seen him play since?

Had he won this match, would he have gone on to win Wimbledon or at least reach the final like he did to in the past (2010 against Haase and Petzchner, both 5 set matches)?

What was it that made the difference this time?

Last edited by noleisthebest on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD) Empty Re: Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD)

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:26 pm

SS DD.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD) Empty Re: Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD)

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:51 pm

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:37 am

Amritia3ee wrote:SS DD.

DYEAD? Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:55 am

laverfan wrote:

DYEAD? Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD) 2033450363

charming and witty, as usual.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:44 am

noleisthebest wrote:
laverfan wrote:

DYEAD? Lest We Forget (LUKAS ROSOL APPRECIATION THREAD) 2033450363

charming and witty, as usual.

Wooffie's blog? Whistle

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:59 pm

I thought I'd revamp this thread by transforming it into the Lucas Rosol appreciation thread.

He managed to upstage Nadal again, this week by the manner in which he won his first ever tournament...on clay!

No, it wasn't that he bit the trophy. It was the personal turmoil, the death of his father just ten days before the final he had to deal with.
In his winner's speech, he dedicated the win to him, the one who took him to his "tennis".
I can just imagine little Lukas holding his dad by the hand and walking to practice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYDx_osHy9o

Well done, Lukas, the all or nothing man Applause !

PS

Lukas has jumped 11 spots in his ranking and is now 35th. It would be good to see him a seed in RG & Wimbledon.
His tennis is not the most sophisticated and elegant, but he plays it with an unusual abandon which brought him and us that spectacular win over Nadal last year.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:35 pm

Actually I don't want him seeded....it makes first rounds more interesting.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:45 pm

Yes, Rosol The Legend has really done it today!!!!!
He did what no other player had the guts to do:
HE KNOCKED NADAL'S BOTTLES OVER!

I take all my hats off to him.  Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:03 am

noleisthebest wrote:Yes, Rosol The Legend has really done it today!!!!!
He did what no other player had the guts to do:
HE KNOCKED NADAL'S BOTTLES OVER!

I take all my hats off to him.  Bubbly
Good on Rosol, wish he had won yesterday, still sad he didn't take his chances. Sad Seems, there is not much love lost between Rosol and Nadal, who can reproach him? Nadal seems to have celebrated after the match as if he had just won the CYGS. erm 

Is he really the only player to have kicked the bottles over? Can't believe it.  Laugh

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:06 am

Rosol The Legend continues to impress:

"I think all the players should have the same time between the points. But always the best players, they're taking much more than the normal players, and nobody is telling them nothing. I don't know why. When the game starts it was not 30 seconds. It was one minute always.
Somebody has to tell them something. It's not my fault. I said to the referee if it's still okay, and he was saying to me, yes, it was fine."

Pretty depressing, isn't it?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:17 am

And coincidentally, Federer spent a lot of time in his press conference addressing  the same issue (what took him so long....):

"I just think it's important that we, as players, play up to speed, and don't exceed the time limit, because what I don't want is that we lose viewers because we play too slow.
I just realize it happened to me, I did watch some matches. I don't remember who it was. But they were playing so slow I was like, 'Okay, I really—I can't watch it.' 
That's why I said that.That's an umpire's call.
I was talking in particular if the points are short. You cannot take 25 seconds. I mean, I know you need to focus. That you can do in 10 seconds. Just can't be that we only see two points per minute. I just feel like we need to keep up the pace, and obviously play according to the rules.
The rules are there not to be broken, but of course you need to give leeway to tough rallies and somebody who's needs a bit more time. I'm fine with that.
Basically we just said we needed to just enforce the rule, is that it? It wasn't a rule change. It was about enforcing the rule and tell the umpires to basically do what they are supposed to be doing—and not just let it run its course every single time.
Yeah, they have gotten a little less aggressive, the umpires, again, which is understandable sometimes. What you're going to see next is all of a sudden a shot clock. We discussed that as well. We said we didn't need to go that far. That the next council can decide. I wouldn't be surprised if that were to happen all of a sudden. Because you only just need a couple of guys always doing it, and that's when it happens.
But I don't think all of last year I got a warning. Did I always play under 20, 25 seconds—I‘m not sure, but maybe I do get the benefit for playing quick most of the time."

it's great that Federer has spoken out a bit, but again, he keeps beating about the bush....is he really worried about losing viewers?
Why doesn't he just spell the truth out?
It has to be spelt out. There is no way around it!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:24 am

The lower ranked players can be so much more refreshing in their statements than the top players. Klizan and others can talk about Nadal doping, Rosol, Tursunov and others about Nadal's continued delay of play.

The top players would never even touch the first issue, while Federer at least mentioned the delay of play and the grunting. Such a statement, however diluted, is sorely needed in the light of McEnroe excusing Nadal gamesmanship with him selling more tickets than his opponent.  erm  Doh  Grr That must be the most obnoxious remark I have heard of him, but so revealing at the same time. The rules obviously exist only for lower ranked players, while the top players can adhere to the rules as they chose.

So I welcome even such a veiled attack; maybe it's about sponsorship, maybe it's simply not in his character to outright look for confrontation. I don't understand e.g. why he looks for faults of his own there, when everybody knows that he is one of the fastest players. Why we? erm Just because he wants to appear very fair? Doesn't work like that though, sorry. To be really fair, you must call out the true culprits, don't even need to call names, but do not try to appear as if everyone has the same degree of guilt. It's NOT fair.

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:10 pm

Yes, McEnroe has been able to hit the new lows this Wimbledon...shame, because he can be a good commentator when he wants to, but just like when he used to play, he can also be all over the place.

Lower ranked players don't have much to lose so they can "afford" to speak their minds more openly.
Still, despite the fact that "beggars can't be choosers" attitude reg Fed's comments, I think he should have spoken out more often and certainly much longer ago.
I don't think he's a shy type in the least, he is quite capable of being very sharp and biting.
For some reason, he is unusually softly spoken when it comes to Nadal, although he clearly can't stand him.
His recent comment when he said he was happy for Nadal to win 9 RGs etc was a classic example.
He needs to get out of that subservient mindset and adopt a bit of Earnie's brashness.
He of all the players should be able to do it regardless of any sponsors' pressure.
I'd love him to run ATP when he retires...in 2025, not before!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:30 pm

McEnroe was the worst tempered and biggest gamesmanship player of his day.  He has no problem with cheats.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down