Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
US open prediction game! Day 10! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
US open prediction game! Day 10! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
US open prediction game! Day 10! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
US open prediction game! Day 10! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
US open prediction game! Day 10! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
US open prediction game! Day 10! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
US open prediction game! Day 10! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
US open prediction game! Day 10! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
US open prediction game! Day 10! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

US open prediction game! Day 10!

+5
sphairistike
paulcz
noleisthebest
Tenez
luvsports!
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

US open prediction game! Day 10! - Page 2 Empty Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:19 am

T,
You can come from behind the sofa now...unless you've dropped off there.
Good-night. sleepy

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

US open prediction game! Day 10! - Page 2 Empty Re: US open prediction game! Day 10!

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:55 am

noleisthebest wrote:T,
You can come from behind the sofa now...unless you've dropped off there.
Good-night. sleepy
just woke up for the scores. thx for commentary.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:04 am

FedererKing wrote:No sets lost yet.  I'd expect that to change against Wawrinka.  If I was a betting man I'd say these are the chances for the title:

Djokovic 55%
Cilic 50%
Wawrinka 50%
Federer 40%

I know that sounds crazy given how he's playing at moment, but I just get that feeling his level will drop, especially in the final.  If he proves me wrong, he has a very good chance of taking the title.
Aren't they supposed to add up to 100?

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:05 am

I saw Feds 1st set, he looked pretty good and Gasquet was hitting it well. 

As always Federer just pushes him further back and he gets killed.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:35 am

bogbrush wrote:
FedererKing wrote:No sets lost yet.  I'd expect that to change against Wawrinka.  If I was a betting man I'd say these are the chances for the title:

Djokovic 55%
Cilic 50%
Wawrinka 50%
Federer 40%

I know that sounds crazy given how he's playing at moment, but I just get that feeling his level will drop, especially in the final.  If he proves me wrong, he has a very good chance of taking the title.
Aren't they supposed to add up to 100?
Laugh good point.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:37 am

bogbrush wrote:I saw Feds 1st set, he looked pretty good and Gasquet was hitting it well. 

As always Federer just pushes him further back and he gets killed.
But again the 1st set serve stats are lowest...

112mph and 88mph averages. it gets better thereafter.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:45 am

"Stan didn't make it easy," Anderson said.
"He was taking time away from me. He was swinging out and I was just a step slow."
======================
That's the key v big hitters. Something Nadal and Murray cannot do on faster surfaces.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:05 am

I read all three interviews (Kev's, Stan's and Fed's).

All good, Fed's one in particular. It's hard to pick a paragraph.

He has definitely ripened and brewed inside, words and truths are just pouring ot of him like a tennis diary our if his soul, not mind like before and with so many.

Really enjoying it.

PS

I may have slept through the first set and a half...but stayed up late after the match just to read it , it came last...- was worth it!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:19 am

It was poignant and revealing how Fed and Stan see each other:

ROGER FEDERER: Honestly, emotionally it's not so hard for me. I have always found it quite not easy, but it's just another match. I'm able to see it that way somehow with him. But then of course subconsciously you know he knows what your preferences are, where you like to go, where you're probably going to go.
Probably he feels the same way. That's the weird part. I feel we meet each other somewhere in our minds before the point is being played out.
So that's odd sometimes, but otherwise it's pretty straightforward for me. I enjoy the matches, because always that means one of us moves on. For Swiss it's huge that we have two guys in the semis of the US Open, a huge tournament, biggest arena in the world. It's what it's all about.
I think we are both very much pumped up that's the case. Only better scenario would have been in the finals, but this is already very, very good. We are very proud of that.

STAN WAWRINKA: I think now we both nervous when we enter the court. Before it was only me. I was nervous because I knew I wasn't at his level, for sure.

And now I think we can see that he was also nervous every time we play each other the past few years. That's a big difference, because that show how much he knows that I can play at his level, how much he knows that I can try to play my game and not just try to react about what he's doing.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:24 am

Watching this summary, I am not very impressed by fed's performance yesterday. gasquet was very poor, not moving at all and fed himself looks tired.

The semi will be much harder.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:32 am

I saw the second half of the match and thought he was good, esp his footwork.

He may have been emotionally empty after the difficult match with Isner...just relaxed against Richie, he knew there was not much to bother him.

He plays many matches like that, not always inspired to "impress" nit-pickers and neither should he be.

Saved energy for the SF.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:38 am

Another interview of the same match.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:57 am

Yes, another good one, glad they asked him about the foowork.
So understated...everyone talking about stupid "SABRE" (to me just as annoying as "tweeners" - the talk about it, not the actual shots).

But his footwork is unbelievable. I feel it's getting better and better.
The faster the court - he adapts to it in style.

Also his volleys...during this USO, we've seen other players volley more than ever before (I believe inspired by him), but the tough volleys Federer pulls off and the elegance with which he does it are sublime.
So I'd like to hear those two talked more about than SABRE, serve percentage etc...

Fed's given us some dream tennis this late summer, and I would love it if he could crown it with a win on Sunday.

That would be just Magic

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:01 pm

yes would be great but honestly he looked tired last night.

Playing his semi first woudl help but I doubt the organisers care or even noticed he is tired.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:07 pm

Richie looked just as tired...it's the sweating from humidity, extra adrenaline he went through from Isner's serving and focus he needed for it..

I've always been an optimist.

What I don't want to see is another physical brutalisation like Wimbledon final.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:23 pm

noleisthebest wrote:What I don't want to see is another physical brutalisation like Wimbledon final.
It woudl only look brutal if fed is tired otherwise he would make light work of Djoko like in Cincy.

What we woudl need is a storm on Sunday with a final on Monday.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:29 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:What I don't want to see is another physical brutalisation like Wimbledon final.
It woudl only look brutal if fed is tired otherwise he would make light work of Djoko like in Cincy.

What we woudl need is a storm on Sunday with a final on Monday.

Clever man!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:30 pm

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:49 pm

Excellent.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:23 am

Tenez wrote:yes would be great but honestly he looked tired last night.

Playing his semi first woudl help but I doubt the organisers care or even noticed he is tired.  
If he's tired after 136 games - mostly clear cut games too without much service stress - in five matches then it's time to retire.

He looks fine.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:34 am

bogbrush wrote:

If he's tired after 136 games - mostly clear cut games too without much service stress - in five matches then it's time to retire.

He looks fine.
I am not sure you realise how demanding tennis is at this level. He certainly makes it look easy but he lost the 2009 final USO final because he was tired already having just played just 3 sets v Djoko the day before. ....imagine 6 years on!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:08 am

bogbrush wrote:

He looks fine.

He looks fine but the body aches, esp tendons...they really stiffen and creak and take longer to recover.

Also, a very important thing:

an hour on court now is different to an hour is 2004.

New strings&spin enable even average players to belt the ball harder safely for ever, it saps more energy to play now.
How much harder is everyone striking the ball: Stan, Cilic, Kuku...even Murray - just look at his FH when he wants to hit it...part of Nadal's downfall, too
Esp on slow courts.

So, even a three setter win over Stan will be deadly.

Remember Federer's withdrawal from WTF final last year!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:38 am

Also liked this part of post QF interview:

==================================

Q. I know when you were younger you probably had more anger and these days seems like you have a wave of joy out there. How important is mood to you in terms of winning goes?

ROGER FEDERER: Mood in terms of?

Q. How important is your mood to how well you actually think you play.

ROGER FEDERER: Oh, well, I mean, I'm not the kind of guy who wakes up angry. (Laughter.) Even if I am, I don't think it will have much of an impact of how I play.

I feel like I see the matches as an isolation. I don't know if it's when I arrive at the tennis, when I go warm up, whatever it is, but that's a different world for me. You know, when I leave the grounds I feel like not I'm a different person, but like that's my other life I have.

So I have two lives, and all the problems I might have, I feel like I drop them once I step on to the match court or when I enter the grounds. I don't know if it makes sense, but that's the why the mood doesn't really matter that much to me.

==================================

One of the reasons I think he'll play as long as he possibly can. Winking

Tennis court is a real special place love

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:49 am

I am pretty sure he will not play beyond 2016. I think he wants to give himself another chance at Wimbledon but after that..done...enjoy the atmosphere of the Olympics one last time...but no way he will do the tour in 2017. At best he might just play Wimbledon or the slams in 2017....but I cannot see him go and travel the world like now.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:55 am

I know how hard it would be, I am probably refusing to accept it...Wah

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:19 am

Frankly, not for me. I'll start to get interested to other players but of course to a much lesser extend.

when fed and Nadal were at the top I used to be interested in both part of the draws: one for Federer's winning and the second as I wanted nadal to lose. Since Nadal's struggling I am only caring for a day out of 2 in slams. Not good.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2