Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Nitb - Noleisthebest - NITB says: Goodbye...And Hello! EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Nitb - Noleisthebest - NITB says: Goodbye...And Hello! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Nitb - Noleisthebest - NITB says: Goodbye...And Hello! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Nitb - Noleisthebest - NITB says: Goodbye...And Hello! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Nitb - Noleisthebest - NITB says: Goodbye...And Hello! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Nitb - Noleisthebest - NITB says: Goodbye...And Hello! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Nitb - Noleisthebest - NITB says: Goodbye...And Hello! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Nitb - Noleisthebest - NITB says: Goodbye...And Hello! EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Nitb - Noleisthebest - NITB says: Goodbye...And Hello! EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Noleisthebest - NITB says: Goodbye...And Hello!

+2
luvsports!
Tenez
6 posters

Go down

Nitb - Noleisthebest - NITB says: Goodbye...And Hello! Empty Noleisthebest - NITB says: Goodbye...And Hello!

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:24 am

...to Nole and my NITB self... Rose

And what 9 years they have been!

BBC606, tennis.com, b92, 606v2, JA606 all have thousands of posts written from my heart.

The name came to me seemingly suddenly and out of nowhere...but how prophetic it has been!

Nole has conquered Nadal and the difficulties he had in his path...it has been great to follow and support him.
He has personally inspired me to persevere and overcome some of my own.

Now that Nole is firmly on top, I feel it's time to go back to my original love: tennis.

So, goodbye Nole and noleisthebest.

I hope you win Roland Garros.
I am keeping that bottle of champagne that stayed unopened this year ready for that day...Bubbly

And now, free as a bird off I fly...

Last edited by noleisthebest on Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Nitb - Noleisthebest - NITB says: Goodbye...And Hello! Empty Re: Noleisthebest - NITB says: Goodbye...And Hello!

Post by Tenez Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:56 am

Arhhh those people who keep changing pseudo! Grr

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Nitb - Noleisthebest - NITB says: Goodbye...And Hello! Empty Re: Noleisthebest - NITB says: Goodbye...And Hello!

Post by luvsports! Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:11 am

Goodbye Nitb. Nice knowing you.

Welcome Sos! Big Grin

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:31 am

Tenez wrote:Arhhh those people who keep changing pseudo! Grr
Blush Blush Blush

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:33 am

luvsports! wrote:Goodbye Nitb. Nice knowing you.

Welcome Sos! Big Grin

Thanks LS!

It feels so weird...and a little sad Sad

But I'll get used to it Winking
(btw, it's a real pain to type the name now every time I have to log in!!! Doh )

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:24 pm

Sounds like a renoucement in faith!

There's no shame in being NITB, even if your loyalty and belief is primarily with the sport. I will tell you now that everyone is touched by partisan loyalty, even if it is miniscule. It's just that tribal element in people. I find that as much as I want what's best for the sport, my partisan colours come crashing though.

Over the years watching captivating players has always been a primary passion, but sometimes for me it's been great to cheer a native even if on big occasions they come up short Winking

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:46 pm

Save.Onehanded.Shots wrote:
Blush Blush Blush
Winking
Hope we did not influence that.....cause it's certainly not easy to post in a forum where Roadrunners are constantly criticised....But you know knew that from the beginning.

I for instance get really annoyed at Monfils game...but because he is French I will support him against most.....it helps that he has a showbiz approach to the game though. But in general in tennis, I see the game/persona above the nationality.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:58 pm

Tenez wrote:
Save.Onehanded.Shots wrote:
Blush Blush Blush
Winking
Hope we did not influence that.....cause it's certainly not easy to post in a forum where Roadrunners are constantly criticised....But you know knew that from the beginning.

I for instance get really annoyed at Monfils game...but because he is French I will support him against most.....it helps that he has a showbiz approach to the game though. But in general in tennis, I see the game/persona above the nationality.  

He, he...says TheMessi, Borgisback and God knows how many other pseudos Winking

You seem to be disappointed and missing the name...sorry, but I've grown out of it...just was not feeling that comfortable in it any more...

Did you influence it?
No.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:05 pm

legendkillar wrote:Sounds like a renouncement in faith!

There's no shame in being NITB, even if your loyalty and belief is primarily with the sport. I will tell you now that everyone is touched by partisan loyalty, even if it is miniscule. It's just that tribal element in people. I find that as much as I want what's best for the sport, my partisan colours come crashing though.

Over the years watching captivating players has always been a primary passion, but sometimes for me it's been great to cheer a native even if on big occasions they come up short Winking

I knew people would view me as a "traitor"  Laugh
Quite the opposite...
I had the faith when not many did...and took so much stick for it!

Now that Nole is where he is, it's just a bit too commercial and over the top for me, a bit like an overblown toad with all that caravan and team following him...

His interviews are more and more politically correct, and I liked that fiery boy from 2006 who dared say: "Nadal you are beatable!" a lot more...

But I understand why he's changed...money does that to people.

And my nature is not tribalism or gloating...and certainly not jumping on band wagons.

I like to feel free and one with who I support fully.

I may miss those crazy fandom moments...but right now...I am just happy to be enjoying the tour as it is,  especially  Federer's good performances.

In fact, there is another player I am beginning to get excited about, his name is Andreii Rublev Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:37 pm

It will be difficult, not to see nitb-posts anymore. But will adapt!  Winking

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:38 pm

I have to say the passion was fierce which was always good to read. smiley

I have read your posts over recent times and you have seemed to have been battling an internal conflict with supporting Novak and supporting 'pure' tennis. It must feel like a cleanse that you have decided to follow your heart.

Ah Rublev. I have seen him a few times and boy he looks promising. I hope his talent doesn't get lost. Needs the right people behind him Winking

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:45 pm

legendkillar wrote:I have to say the passion was fierce which was always good to read. smiley

I have read your posts over recent times and you have seemed to have been battling an internal conflict with supporting Novak and supporting 'pure' tennis. It must feel like a cleanse that you have decided to follow your heart.

Ah Rublev. I have seen him a few times and boy he looks promising. I hope his talent doesn't get lost. Needs the right people behind him Winking
Awww..thanks LK Hug

That's exactly how it was...

I actually wanted to change the name for some time, but nothing sounded quite right, also wanted a name I was not going to change again...

So this one came to me as I was replying to LS's post about single backhand this morning...unfortunately, not very elegant, but it has a double meaning which sums all I stand for perfectly Big Grin

S.O.S

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:48 pm

Btw, I still consider myself the most knowledgeable all things Nole Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:33 am

Tenez wrote:

Yes, and isn't that great!
The more sophisticated a sport is in expressing characters and personalities the less tribal it is.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:41 pm

Yes....though we have the DC for the tribal side! Winking I like the tribal side too.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:09 pm

Tenez wrote:Yes....though we have the DC for the tribal side! Winking I like the tribal side too.

Hopefully we'll talk more on this topic and get a chance to be "primitive" in the final Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:10 pm

Stuff it!
I'm going back to me old name Winking

The other long clunky thing/name sounded like a lefty/feminist movement  and that sure ain't me!!!!

But you got the message, Nole "fan" I am no more just keepin' the name.

For everyone's sake!

Anyway...it killed a bit of time before DC tomorrow!

Talking of DC, I finally dug out a
Frenchie in my club...
His wife was olaying a doubles match, never saw himbefore...
In short, we won!  With panache!
I forgave  him his DBH....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:24 pm

Great! NITB is much better!

To start with Nole is actually currently the best!...

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:27 pm

Tenez wrote:Great! NITB is much better!
it is!
Tenez wrote:To start with Nole is actually currently the best!...
If you insist... Winking
But honestly, I don't care.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:26 am

Good call with going back to nitb. Whenever I saw the SOS one I was somehow reminded of PETA.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:57 am

I know...it was terrible!
nitb started feeling like a prison, though...it was a bit:

I'd love to get rid if it, but it doesn't want to get rid of me...
Seems it's got a life&mind of its own now! Yikes

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:26 am

noleisthebest wrote:I know...it was terrible!
nitb started feeling like a prison, though...it was a bit:

I'd love to get rid if it, but it doesn't want to get rid of me...
Seems it's got a life&mind of its own now! Yikes

It has....but imagine those with multiple pseudos....they must be bordering on schizophrenia.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down