Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
The ridiculous organisation of the USO! EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
The ridiculous organisation of the USO! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
The ridiculous organisation of the USO! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
The ridiculous organisation of the USO! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
The ridiculous organisation of the USO! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
The ridiculous organisation of the USO! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
The ridiculous organisation of the USO! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
The ridiculous organisation of the USO! EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
The ridiculous organisation of the USO! EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The ridiculous organisation of the USO!

4 posters

Go down

The ridiculous organisation of the USO! Empty The ridiculous organisation of the USO!

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:38 am

This thread is to highlight the non-sense of USO organisers.

Besides the Wednesday day start, the super saturday and too late sessions, I cannot understand what decides for who plays where.

Can anyone understand why Ivanovic, Serb (I mean not US), ranked 12 and Arvidsson were on CC yesterday? Ok Ivanovic is pretty but so is Berdych and he is ranked 7....however he was playing on court 11!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

The ridiculous organisation of the USO! Empty Re: The ridiculous organisation of the USO!

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:13 am

Oh, Tenez....it's America, the land of $$$

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpuFEpbE0d0

At least Ivanovic won a slam, unlike Melanie Oudin who hogged all prime slots on Ashe a few years ago during her run to QFs.

Personally, I'd've had Paire Dimitrov there, instead, that match was not even televised.

You can see why Wimbedon is the best tournament by a long margin . It's not that difficult with USO as competition. They still don't have court covers, but prefer to waste time and money on those giant court driers.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

The ridiculous organisation of the USO! Empty Re: The ridiculous organisation of the USO!

Post by Tenez Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:15 pm

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/New+York+NY+10007:4:US

Not the fault of teh organisers there but it seems it's going to be rainy again today at first...and rainy on Sunday....so another Monday final? The 3rd (or 4th) in a row?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Tenez wrote:http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/New+York+NY+10007:4:US

Not the fault of teh organisers there but it seems it's going to be rainy again today at first...and rainy on Sunday....so another Monday final? The 3rd (or 4th) in a row?

Fifth in a row if 2012 is also on a Monday.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:51 pm

I guess it often rains nowadays around 9/11 in NY!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:14 pm

LF,
how does it rain in NY?
Is it like proper Continental rain, or on and off spells of showers like in the UK?

I'm assuming it will be showers, since it's summer, so we'll see a bit of tennis every day, except it will mess up players....Shame there's no Nadal here this year to lead them into strike like last year The ridiculous organisation of the USO! 1071211947

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:27 pm

noleisthebest wrote:LF, how does it rain in NY? Is it like proper Continental rain, or on and off spells of showers like in the UK?

Showers in the Summer, but snow storms in the winter.

noleisthebest wrote:I'm assuming it will be showers, since it's summer, so we'll see a bit of tennis every day, except it will mess up players....Shame there's no Nadal here this year to lead them into strike like last year The ridiculous organisation of the USO! 1071211947

It is bad for the players to go on and off. There is very little rhythm that a player can get into. Unless AA and LA and Grandstand get rebuilt, there is very little that can be done. Changing the dates is also not an option because of the way the Tennis calendar is organised currently.

It can be moved to a different location, perhaps further south, but the hurricane season then plays havoc with the Eastern seaboard of the US.

I wish there was an easier and quicker solution.

The Wednesday R1 start should be revisited and perhaps a Sunday R1 start would make much more sense without major upheaval in scheduling.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:45 pm

I thought they are demolishing Grandstand next year. ST even wrote a Requiem The ridiculous organisation of the USO! 1371890812

http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/09/requiem-grandstand/39242/#.UEdXVlS0bgo

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:51 pm

ST's latest on USO rain/scheduling.atmosphere right from the scene of crime The ridiculous organisation of the USO! 1071211947

"

Anyway, we haven’t done a news roundup here in a few days, but you
already know the big story: The U.S. Open is turning, unfortunately,
into the U.S. Open that we’ve come to know and dread the last few years.
Rain—mist, really, it’s always that same maddening mist—has invaded
Flushing Meadows and sent the tournament on another scheduling goose
chase. Along with the precipitation, talk of a fifth straight Monday
men's final is in the air. Worse, though, is the sight of thousands of
fans on the grounds who haven’t seen any tennis. By 8:45 last night,
everyone had found their seat for the Roddick-del Potro match, and the
first set had reached a tiebreaker. The spectators near the press
section were wearing their tennis-watching best—dresses and blazers and
hipster hats (it’s been a good year for hats at the Open). But everyone
knew what was about to happen.

The rain came right on time, though I have to say I was pleased that
only 54 minutes of the match were played. Six minutes more and,
according to the Open’s “inclement weather policy,” none of those
spectators would have gotten anything back. As it is, they can exchange
their tickets for Armstrong today or the same session next year. But
they won’t see Roddick-del Potro, who are scheduled for Ashe today—on
the off chance that it doesn’t rain again, of course."

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:57 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I thought they are demolishing Grandstand next year. ST even wrote a Requiem The ridiculous organisation of the USO! 1371890812

http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/09/requiem-grandstand/39242/#.UEdXVlS0bgo

They hope to start next year and have the project, which also includes constructing an entirely new Louis Armstrong Stadium, finished by 2016.

12+ more slams to go. Winking

If LA and Grandstand are unavailable till 2016 (3+ years), it will seriously curtail USO ability to attract spectators for larger matches.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:02 pm

I actually don;t mind the rain breaks. It adds to the spice. However what really annoys me is the fact they are not using a cover and that restarting after a break takes way too long, in all slams...but especially in Wimby and USO.

I am against the "everything now". We should learn to be patient. If the lower ranked players have to wait for rain to clear, then I think it's only fair the top players have to as well. In WImbledon we will end up sooner or later with top's players opponent havinbg to play 2 matches in one day before facing a top seed.

It's anti-competitive.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:03 pm

I do mind when all this is happening at 2 AM The ridiculous organisation of the USO! 49141995

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:07 pm

That's the thing, I used to stay up late and suffer for weeks in the past trying to catch every tennis match...but now I am gladly going to bed early and get the result in the morning fresh with an espresso.

I realise nowadays that it's only tennis.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:09 pm

Tenez wrote:That's the thing, I used to stay up late and suffer for weeks in the past trying to catch every tennis match...but now I am gladly going to bed early and get the result in the morning fresh with an espresso.

I realise nowadays that it's only tennis.

I just have fresh espresss all night long, listen to music and enjoy whatever my tennis streams bring me The ridiculous organisation of the USO! 83870220 Life's for living, plenty of time to rest when I'm 100 The ridiculous organisation of the USO! 4006036031
I'm kind of already over my "jetlag"

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:59 pm

Trust me guys it is annoying even when you live there! The ridiculous organisation of the USO! 49141995

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum