Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Will Nadal ever win a Tour Finals title?
What are the best sporting quotes from a sporting manager/coach you have ever seen? EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:49 pm by Daniel2

» I Just Can't Help Believing!
What are the best sporting quotes from a sporting manager/coach you have ever seen? EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:18 pm by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
What are the best sporting quotes from a sporting manager/coach you have ever seen? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
What are the best sporting quotes from a sporting manager/coach you have ever seen? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
What are the best sporting quotes from a sporting manager/coach you have ever seen? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
What are the best sporting quotes from a sporting manager/coach you have ever seen? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
What are the best sporting quotes from a sporting manager/coach you have ever seen? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
What are the best sporting quotes from a sporting manager/coach you have ever seen? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
What are the best sporting quotes from a sporting manager/coach you have ever seen? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

What are the best sporting quotes from a sporting manager/coach you have ever seen?

3 posters

Go down

What are the best sporting quotes from a sporting manager/coach you have ever seen? Empty What are the best sporting quotes from a sporting manager/coach you have ever seen?

Post by luvsports! Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:59 pm

This is a piece I did today. It is a preview for the Herts Charity Shield final between Hertford Town and London Colney (Huge event I know).

This is what the LC manager said: “They are well known for diving and cheating, with their players writhing in agony,” said Thompson. “They are renowned for their indiscipline, they are a dirty team and every manager in the league knows it.”
http://www.hertsad.co.uk/sport/football/preview_herts_charity_shield_final_1_3968883

I had hit the jackpot there!
Usually I get such banal drivel with cliche after cliche so to get this was a hurricane of fresh air.

What are the best quotes you have seen from a manager in sport?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

What are the best sporting quotes from a sporting manager/coach you have ever seen? Empty Re: What are the best sporting quotes from a sporting manager/coach you have ever seen?

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:22 pm

George Best wasn't a manager, still:

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

What are the best sporting quotes from a sporting manager/coach you have ever seen? Empty Re: What are the best sporting quotes from a sporting manager/coach you have ever seen?

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:27 pm

Here's the manager's one:

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:14 am

Love that!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:48 pm

There are books written exclusively about quotes of the player but also the coach Johan Cruijff

Some simplistic: "you have to shoot, otherwise you can't score"

Others not as simplistic as you think: "it doesn't matter how fast you are, what counts is when you start" or "football is played with the head, because the ball is faster than the legs".

Some can very well be applied to tennis:
"Italians can't beat you, but you can lose to 'm"  (remove Italians with Nadal..).

Some are pseudophilosophical: "you'll see it as soon as you get it" or "every disadvantage has an advantage".

And some are plain fun: "it's better to go down with your own vision, than someone elses vision"

But most of all, there always logic in it, Johan's logic "If you play for possession, you won't have to defend. Because there's only one ball"

Legend!

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down